PDA

View Full Version : Millen joins competition committee

jack's smirking revenge
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
I think this is the only way that the Lions can get ahead of the competition...

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- Detroit Lions president Matt Millen has been appointed to the NFL's competition committee.

Millen will fill the seat vacated when Charley Casserly resigned as general manager of the Houston Texans earlier this year, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue announced Friday.

"Matt will bring a very valuable perspective to the committee both as a former player and as a senior club executive," Tagliabue said.

Other members of the committee include Atlanta GM Rich McKay, Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher, Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis, New York Giants co-owner John Mara, Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome, Indianapolis president Bill Polian and Carolina president Mark Richardson.

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 12:20 PM
DAM !

Next move . . . NFL Commissioner.

cheesner
08-04-2006, 02:02 PM
What is his 'valuable' perspective? Not being able to provide competition?

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 02:05 PM
What is his 'valuable' perspective? Not being able to provide competition?

Some say:

He's really smart but not too bright. :arrow:

I say:

I'm glad he's not OUR GM. :mrgreen:

red
08-04-2006, 02:33 PM
great, there goes the NFL

mraynrand
08-04-2006, 03:15 PM
"Matt will bring a very valuable perspective to the committee both as a former player and as a senior club executive," Tagliabue said.
----

Even Tags refused to refer to him as a GM. Senior Club exec. sounds like the guy who determines the dress code at Bushwood. Maybe Millen will address the committee: "It's easy to grin, when your ship's just come in....."

They've gotta be kidding. Shouldn't success be a prerequisite for getting on a (ralitively) powerful committee? I've heard of rewarding mediocrity, but this is downright offensive. Maybe the same guys that recommended Millen for the committe also recommended a raise for (former) FEMA director Brown and voted for Nagin for N.O. mayor. Jimminy Christmas!

jack's smirking revenge
08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I don't get how he was voted onto the committee. The Lions have been downright awful for a long time and for much of Millen's tenure.

Maybe the Ford family paid the NFL to be part of the competition committee so Millen could convince the rest of the owners to let the Lions win...

tyler

red
08-04-2006, 05:11 PM
so when millen gets fired during this year, or shortly after making the entire lion nation jump for joy, does that mean he's off the committee and they have to find a new guy again?

if so, thats pretty stupid to bring in a guy only for a few months

MadtownPacker
08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Hopefully Millen will be in charge of NFL parking or something like that cuz he is a moron and the lions owners are even more stupid for keeping him as GM.