PDA

View Full Version : B-jack

red
09-19-2010, 03:09 PM
so is brandon jackson the answer at running back for us?

i gotta say he didn't do a whole lot to impress me today, and it seems like the team started to go away from him later in the game and give more to kuhn.

i'm a little surprised we didn't see a bit more of nance today, i think he just had the one carry

so do we stand pat after this game or do you try and get someone else?

do we really need a decent running game to win?

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 03:12 PM

i gotta say he didn't do a whole lot to impress me today, and it seems like the team started to go away from him later in the game and give more to kuhn.

i'm a little surprised we didn't see a bit more of nance today, i think he just had the one carry

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 03:13 PM

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

Don't you mean KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN?????????

Lurker64
09-19-2010, 03:13 PM

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

Don't you mean KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN?????????

I feel self-conscious yelling "KUHN!" out loud in a football context. Perhaps he should change his name.

red
09-19-2010, 03:15 PM

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

that's scary, when was the last time a team won anything with a white runningback?

like 40 years ago?

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 03:22 PM

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

that's scary, when was the last time a team won anything with a white runningback?

like 40 years ago?

Tampa. Mike Alstott.

gbgary
09-19-2010, 03:25 PM

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

like 40 years ago?

Tampa. Mike Alstott.

good one zig

gbgary
09-19-2010, 03:40 PM
complete the trade.

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Why would they trade him now. It appears he's the only RB they have.

Fritz
09-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't understand why Jackson feels the need to dance so much.

Brando19
09-19-2010, 03:56 PM

Dumbass, he's the king of pop!!!!

Travbrew
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM

This. DAMMIT HIT THE HOLE!!

Fritz
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
He thinks he's dancing with the stars.

rbaloha1
09-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Agree that B-Jack needs to be more decisive. Expect to change once he get more reps with first team.

Travbrew
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Agree that B-Jack needs to be more decisive. Expect to change once he get more reps with first team.

Hope so. Love this guy, want to see him tear it up.

pbmax
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM

And a +1 to Brando. Take a beer out of the petty cash fridge.

Jackson did not show much more than he did last week. I think we need to give him 3 starts before passing judgement. The Packer O line can start slow as well, so I am not ready to turn the thumb down.

I am willing to concede that Lynch, injuries and all, might simply be a different level of back.

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM

He WAS the King of Pop!!

Now he's busy composing....

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 04:29 PM

He WAS the King of Pop!!

de...

Fritz
09-19-2010, 04:31 PM
So those of you who watched the game...can you do a quick winners/losers thread? I'm anxious...and did the Pack suffer any major injuries? God I hope not.

Lurker64
09-19-2010, 04:36 PM

He WAS the King of Pop!!

Don't you mean "composting"?

(Do we have a rimshot emoticon?)

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 04:39 PM

He WAS the King of Pop!!

de...

I knew that somebody would get that.....

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/Bloodmix/rimshot.gif

RashanGary
09-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Dimitri Nance might be our #1 runner in a week or two. Sheesh, Jackson looked shitty.

retailguy
09-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Dimitri Nance might be our #1 runner in a week or two. Sheesh, Jackson looked shitty.

You can still get on the nance train for another week or so... after that, you sit in the back of the bus!

and I agree, Jackson looked like Jackson. Not good.

red
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM

you know, i was just looking back through some of my draft magazines while on the can and i think it was the sporting news that ranked nance as the #8 rb in the draft and put a 3rd round grade on him.

but they also said he has a major problem with fumbles

red
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

like 40 years ago?

Tampa. Mike Alstott.

didn't they have warrick dunn as their main back though? or not?

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM

No. Apparently Kuhn is.

like 40 years ago?

Tampa. Mike Alstott.

didn't they have warrick dunn as their main back though? or not?

Alstott was a fullback. A dangerous one.

gbpackfan
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
The Packers have to make a real move at RB. A team aa talented as the Packers cant really think they get by with John Kuhn as their feature back. And he is NOT a 3rd down back.

Brandon Jackson is what he is. A great 3rd down back. Thats it. And there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it is great to find a great 3rd down back. But dont shove a square peg in a round hole.

Lynch would make a nice addition to this team. And while I dont see this happening, it should.

gbgary
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Why would they trade him now. It appears he's the only RB they have.don't trade him, trade hawk...for Lynch. Jackson can back him up.

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Why would they trade him now. It appears he's the only RB they have.don't trade him, trade hawk...for Lynch. Jackson can back him up.I meant why would the bills trade lynch when he just showed hes the only rb they have?

red
09-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Why would they trade him now. It appears he's the only RB they have.don't trade him, trade hawk...for Lynch. Jackson can back him up.

no way do i trade hawk, he played a great game today. chillar had the int (which was the only thing he did) so everyone will call him the better player, but hawk just flat out kicked ass today

Lurker64
09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't trade Hawk for Lynch, but at this point I'd give up, say, Donald Lee and a 3rd for Lynch.

The Leaper
09-19-2010, 06:29 PM
We'd have to give up more than a 3rd and a 2nd string TE to get Lynch.

The Leaper
09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I meant why would the bills trade lynch when he just showed hes the only rb they have?

Huh? They have 2 other capable backs...Buffalo was merely showcasing Lynch in this game because he very well IS on the trade block. Lynch is very expendable for Buffalo, who needs picks/players to improve their team. Having a logjam of three capable RBs isn't helping them get better...and the Bills know it.

I think we could get Lynch for a 1st rounder straight up...or a 3rd and a capable starter that fills a need for Buffalo. Not sure Thompson would be willing to pay that price though.

Brando19
09-19-2010, 06:35 PM

Buffalo's OL is HORRIBLE! I think Spitz, Donald Lee, and a 4th or 5th would get him.

The Leaper
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Buffalo's OL is HORRIBLE! I think Spitz, Donald Lee, and a 4th or 5th would get him.

So Spitz is going to make their OL better? Donald Lee is barely starting caliber at this point. I'm sorry, but the Bills aren't going to give Lynch away...and they shouldn't have to. Lynch is a young, talented back who is probably on par with Ryan Grant.

Would YOU give away Ryan Grant for Spitz, Lee and a 4th rounder? I sure hope not.

pbmax
09-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Why would they trade him now. It appears he's the only RB they have.don't trade him, trade hawk...for Lynch. Jackson can back him up.I meant why would the bills trade lynch when he just showed hes the only rb they have?
Their Jackson made a nice sprint to the left to score their only TD.

That is the only Achilles heel that has been consistent since Capers took over. Outside run contain. Usually its a problem involving the backside, though not on Jackson's TD.

Brando19
09-19-2010, 07:54 PM

So Spitz is going to make their OL better? Donald Lee is barely starting caliber at this point. I'm sorry, but the Bills aren't going to give Lynch away...and they shouldn't have to. Lynch is a young, talented back who is probably on par with Ryan Grant.

Would YOU give away Ryan Grant for Spitz, Lee and a 4th rounder? I sure hope not.

I understand what you're saying, but you're not looking at it from Buffalo's view. Grant was our starting RB...no question. Lynch is their 3rd string RB. That team has a LOT of wholes. They suck, to be honest. Yes, Spitz would make their line better. They could afford to trade Lynch and get better at the same time. The Bills are not going to compete this year. With Lynch listed as a 3rd stringer, why not get rid of him and get a 3rd or 4th round pick and maybe a player or two to get better?

Joemailman
09-19-2010, 08:10 PM

He WAS the King of Pop!!

de...

I knew that somebody would get that.....

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/Bloodmix/rimshot.gif

Even better: http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

Patler
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM

Why would you trade Spitz? Who will be the backup center?

Brando19
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM

We could sign someone. Not too worried about a backup center if we can get a starting RB.

retailguy
09-19-2010, 08:33 PM

We could sign someone. Not too worried about a backup center if we can get a starting RB.

Our option to trade Spitz evaporated when Seattle signed EDS.

Marshawn Lynch is not a starting running back for 14 games. He is not worth the 3rd round pick that Buffalo turned down.

Joemailman
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
The only quarter where the Packers struggled was the 2nd when Buffalo had success running the ball. Because I believe Hawk is better against the run in base than Chillar, I would be opposed to trading Hawk for Lynch. I think the ability to stop the run on defense is more important than having a stud RB on offense.

At any rate, the Packers still have 4 weeks to analyze their RB situation before the trading deadline. I'd be surprised if TT were to make a major move at this point.

Patler
09-19-2010, 09:33 PM

Someone isn't good enough. The Packers absolutely need three quality O-line backups, because Clifton and Tauscher are vulnerable. Wells, too has had streaks of injury problems. An effective O-line is more essential to this team than having an incrementally better RB. Jackson, Kuhn, Nance, Starks, Joe Blow. They will find someone to carry the ball a few times a game and be OK. If they have to start using O-linemen like Buffalo's, the season will be in jeopardy.

denverYooper
09-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Someone isn't good enough. The Packers absolutely need three quality O-line backups, because Clifton and Tauscher are vulnerable. Wells, too has had streaks of injury problems. An effective O-line is more essential to this team than having an incrementally better RB. Jackson, Kuhn, Nance, Starks, Joe Blow. They will find someone to carry the ball a few times a game and be OK. If they have to start using O-linemen like Buffalo's, the season will be in jeopardy.

Agree with that 100%. The run game doesn't have to be fantastic, just good enough to keep defenses honest.

And I think Nance will be a decent fit with this offense. I saw one of his 2 carries (actually thought it was QJ at first b/c of the hair) but he saw the hole and popped thru for ~4 yards. Small sample size be damned, I'm on board :).

packerbacker1234
09-19-2010, 10:11 PM
All I can say is - the rb play today showed how important grant really was to our ground game. He is vastly superior to anything we presently have on the roster. I think it's time for people to stop undervaluing how important grant was for our ground game.

That being said - BJack just didn't look good, and apparently the coaches saw what we did as Kuhn started seeing most the carries, and he is nothing other than a slow north and south runner - which is good at times, but wont be great.

We can win without a run game now, but it could hurt us int he playoffs if we have home games. Run game is ESSENTIAL to cold weather success.

Tony Oday
09-19-2010, 10:34 PM
You know B Jack could get in the film room and the coaches could basically say, "see that? that isnt a one cut run, stop dancing like Jason Taylor on TV and get your ass north and south or find a new team."

Cheesehead Craig
09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
You know B Jack could get in the film room and the coaches could basically say, "see that? that isnt a one cut run, stop dancing like Jason Taylor on TV and get your ass north and south or find a new team."
They aren't going to cut him, he's a very good 3rd down back and is outstanding at picking up blitzers.

He does however need to be more decisive in his runs.