PDA

View Full Version : Missed the game

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Tell me who played well and who didn't. How did Bulaga look? Raji? Burnett? Shields? Hawk? I need info. I didn't get my Packers fix today.

Freak Out
09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Nutz? :)

Tony Oday
09-19-2010, 10:57 PM
AR- Good but not great yet. Just seems like he is missing something in the middle of the game.

B Jack- Is there still an NFL Europe? He would be a good back up there...
Kuhn ran hard but is as elusive as a pet rock and he had a dropped pass that would have been a first down

WR-All seemed to play well and JJ is looking to becoming a favorite target for AR. Jennings and DD played how you would expect.

TE-Finley is a God, Finley is a legend, Finley is a role model!

OL-solid o line play but Clifton's knee flared up Bulaga looked decent in pass protection

DL- Solid pressure all game agianst a pathetic O line. I think it was CJ that had a nice pressure late in the game.

LB-Clay locked up a freaking Probowl spot today. He is a BEAST. Hawk stout on the run and was used to blitz and had some nice pressures. Chillar had the pick and Barnett played solid.

DBs- their good.

Overall a good solid game against a CRAP team. Next week we will get to see what Peppers will do to this Oline.

pbmax
09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I would do the Winners and Losers thread, but I was watching with family and so missed some parts.

But the unofficial list would be:

Winner: Rodgers in the 1st Quarter and 2nd Half.

Hawk. Played in nickel and made some nice hits. Not exposed in coverage though keep in mind it was the Bills.

Bulaga - filled in for Clifton starting mid second Q til the end and beside one penalty, did not commit a major mistake.

Finley - Beast

Matthews - Beast

Driver - There is no stopping him

Jenkins - move to have him and Matthews on opposite sides looks to be paying dividends. Pass rush looks better.

Losers

Masthay - not as strong as Philly, much shorter and hang time on one punt was brutal

T Will on punt return - Moorman was pinning him deep and not giving him much

Woodson - burned by tripping feet on his one big matchup with Evans

Rodgers - 2nd quarter - looked like Derek Anderson

Defense's Health - Jones left field with knee injury but came back. Bedard said he was limping after the game. Collins had a hip flexor.

Run defense in nickel first half - made Packer linebackers and 2 lineman look like they were chasing ghosts

B Jackson - still stutter stepping waiting for better hole and pursuit is closing it up. Needs to press line more and if not there, cut it back.

Clifton - Banged up, knee bothering him. Replaced by Bulaga.

3irty1
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Tell me who played well and who didn't. How did Bulaga look? Raji? Burnett? Shields? Hawk? I need info. I didn't get my Packers fix today.

Bulaga was solid in pass pro. Very quick feet.

Pickett and Raji both started out hot and seemed to wear down fast. Picket missed a few plays he'd normally make on Bills running backs.

Shields looked much better this week although I'm still not sold. Seems like they are hiding him underneath in different zone looks.

Hawk was Hawk. Quiet and there. He was in on a lot of tackles but didn't do anything you'd likely consider memorable.

Burnett had a big INT that was more like a strip. His coverage was tight but his play recognition skills are still a few notches below bigby. He's the type of guy who can win a game for you but not the type that can take over a game and be a physical presence. I think Bigby would still take his job back if 100% healthy right now. That said Burnett was a major find in the 3rd round.

The big story of the day for me was James Jones. His stat line won't show it but he had a very athletic almost big play on a jump ball over McKelvin. His foot landed out of bounds. His TD was a nice play by him as well. If the trend continues he'll be a big part of the offense this year.

ThunderDan
09-20-2010, 08:13 AM

I drafted a studs and duds list last night but the post is now somewhere in the vapors of the internet.

My studs were:
Mathews
Finley
ARod (as bas as the 2nd Q was, we still scored on 6/9 "real" drives)

Duds:
BJack - not much there for holes but danced before choosing
James Jones - Dropped balls, fumbled, lost his bearings against the sidelines, targeted 7 or 8 times out of 29 passes ended up with 3 catches

Other:
Hawk - had 9 tackles and was around the ball all day but didn't do anything great

pack4to84
09-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Hawk's best play was when he did a blitzed and hit the QB while he was throwing causing Chillar's INT.

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I thought Brad Jones did a poor job. He crashed far too hard when coming in and a good number of the big outside runs by the Bills were on his side. He didn't do anything for a pass rush either.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2010, 08:41 AM
I thought Raji was a disruptive force in there again. He consistently collapsed the pocket from the center.

ThunderDan
09-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Hawk's best play was when he did a blitzed and hit the QB while he was throwing causing Chillar's INT.

Hawk hurried the throw but in Edwards defense his WR let the ball go right thru his hands. It should have been a 6 yard completion and a punt on the next play.

pbmax
09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
The big story of the day for me was James Jones. His stat line won't show it but he had a very athletic almost big play on a jump ball over McKelvin. His foot landed out of bounds. His TD was a nice play by him as well. If the trend continues he'll be a big part of the offense this year.
Its odd how Jones' game was viewed differently. Nothing struck me about him (except that ARod was targeting him more than normal) as unusual, but you are not the first to point out his successes.

However, several people in the Game Day thread thought he blew multiple chances and he fell down quite a bit before and after receptions.

McGinn's quote: (http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/103257304.html)
One reason why the Packers had merely a 13-7 lead at the break was the fact that Aaron Rodgers threw six of his 11 passes in the first half to wide receiver James Jones (one was nullified).

Jones slipped in the clear on one third-down incompletion and couldn't finish a few other chances.

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
I listened to the game, and I think he fumbled also. I believe Brandon Jackson recovered it though.

channtheman
09-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Jones also let what would have been a TD go right through his hands on the first drive.

Bossman641
09-20-2010, 10:58 AM
I listened to the game, and I think he fumbled also. I believe Brandon Jackson recovered it though.

Correct. I think the Packers scored on the very next play.

mraynrand
09-20-2010, 11:09 AM
I was going to say that Jones needs to play consistently better, because he's getting more chances with attention (such as it is) being paid more to Finley and Jennings, and lesser to Driver. Still, on a couple of Jones misses, the ball was not well thrown.

I think Rodgers is (was) suffering from 'expectation nervousness' - you know, the pundits predict the pack to win it all and Rodgers to be the MVP. Some shakes are to be expected. Hopefully he turned the corner in the second half and will never look back.

MJZiggy
09-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Best as I could tell, the Packers played well and the Bills didn't.

(nobody is playing along with my smartass comments today.)

Fritz
09-20-2010, 08:15 PM

Pickett and Raji both started out hot and seemed to wear down fast. Picket missed a few plays he'd normally make on Bills running backs.

Shields looked much better this week although I'm still not sold. Seems like they are hiding him underneath in different zone looks.

Hawk was Hawk. Quiet and there. He was in on a lot of tackles but didn't do anything you'd likely consider memorable.

Burnett had a big INT that was more like a strip. His coverage was tight but his play recognition skills are still a few notches below bigby. He's the type of guy who can win a game for you but not the type that can take over a game and be a physical presence. I think Bigby would still take his job back if 100% healthy right now. That said Burnett was a major find in the 3rd round.

I believe Harrell's injury is a bigger setback than most folks like to think. Had he been healthy, the line wouldn't have worn down so quickly. But maybe getting Neal back will do the trick.

Pugger
09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Will Neal be back Monday night?

Smidgeon
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM

I believe Harrell's injury is a bigger setback than most folks like to think. Had he been healthy, the line wouldn't have worn down so quickly. But maybe getting Neal back will do the trick.

+1