PDA

View Full Version : Packer Bar TD Celebration

mission
09-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I took this video after a second-half touchdown today in Roswell GA at a bar called TJs. Awesome environment and the little Packer Guy shrines really crack me up. Was fun seeing the little girl so excited too.

Figured some of you might enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmp4OO-pptI

pbmax
09-19-2010, 11:14 PM
That's fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Great sound on the Bud Song. :lol:

gbgary
09-19-2010, 11:19 PM
that would be funny/cool once. after that it would be annoying. but that's just me. i love game watching at bars. heck, before directv and the season ticket that's the only way to watch the Pack here in dallas. used to go to a place here called the ultimate sports grille during the Majkowski years. still have friends i met there. Chris Jackie's parents watched him there.

mission
09-19-2010, 11:25 PM
that would be funny/cool once. after that it would be annoying. but that's just me. i love game watching at bars. heck, before directv and the season ticket that's the only way to watch the Pack here in dallas. used to go to a place here called the ultimate sports grille during the Majkowski years. still have friends i met there. Chris Jackie's parents watched him there.

there's not a lot that bothers me after a packers td but I know what you're saying... never really get that feeling. that said, there's nothing i love more than watching in my living room with much cheaper beer and online poker. :D

there's a couple 70+ year old guys I run into down there and they're always good for some jokes and stories.

i can definitely handle it a couple times a month :)

mission
09-19-2010, 11:26 PM
That's fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Great sound on the Bud Song. :lol:
'
glad you liked! i always try to sing along with the "when you say wisconsin" part but my timing is never on. i feel awkward every time. :lol:

AtlPackFan
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Crap. My wife and I were suppose to be there and couldn't make it at the last moment. Would loved to have been there for that. Next nooner game...hopefully.

Little Whiskey
09-20-2010, 05:40 AM
the budweiser song in a wisconsin bar? kinda like playing bear down chicago bears. even if you try and change it to packers its still crap

mission
09-20-2010, 07:18 AM
I've heard that song for decades as a Packer/WI song growing up there. Never once associated it with Bud. Maybe it's a geographical thing, maybe I'm just an idiot.

Even going back to the Badgers bowl game. When you say Wesssconsin, you said it wrong. Oh well.

Little Whiskey
09-20-2010, 07:21 AM
:D Mission!

maybe its from my milwaukee upbringing. I refuse to drink anything brewed in STL. visited bush gardens in tampa one year and gave my free bud coupons away.

HowardRoark
09-20-2010, 07:25 AM
I thought this said "Packers bar TD Celebration." After Aaron's leap, maybe they thought injuries were coming.

Nice video. For us out of staters, this type of thing is part of our football season.

Little Whiskey
09-20-2010, 07:28 AM
After Aaron's leap, maybe they thought injuries were coming.

I thought the same thing. those fans seemed to rip A-rod's helmet sideways. I'm gonna guess that will be his last leap

mission
09-20-2010, 07:28 AM

maybe its from my milwaukee upbringing. I refuse to drink anything brewed in STL. visited bush gardens in tampa one year and gave my free bud coupons away.

Man my grandfather owned the brewery that made Augsburger, Berghoff and Huber so I know the feeling. I just never knew that song was that. I feel a little stupid but hey, what ya gonna do. I'm just gonna pretend WI bought the rights lol

pbmax
09-20-2010, 07:48 AM

Man my grandfather owned the brewery that made Augsburger, Berghoff and Huber so I know the feeling. I just never knew that song was that. I feel a little stupid but hey, what ya gonna do. I'm just gonna pretend WI bought the rights lol
No reason to apologize. No one associated with UW thinks about Budweiser when they play it (or sing it) either. Its just a song name.

mmmdk
09-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Corny youtube moment...but I wouldn't mind being in that sportsbar crowd :P

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2010, 08:42 AM
What's wrong with playing Todd Rungren's song?

I've always associated the song in the video with the Badgers.

red
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
damn it sounded like the wisconsin marching band was right there with ya

red
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
the budweiser song in a wisconsin bar? kinda like playing bear down chicago bears. even if you try and change it to packers its still crap

wisconsin marching band started playing that song in the 70's at hockey games then it became a staple of the 5th quarter. at some point the school forced the band or fans to stop singing "when you say budweiser, you've said it all", and it got changed to "when you say wisconsin, you've said it all"

to me this song is the best part of the 5th quarter. it is a wisconsin song for sure

ThunderDan
09-20-2010, 12:45 PM

wisconsin marching band started playing that song in the 70's at hockey games then it became a staple of the 5th quarter. at some point the school forced the band or fans to stop singing "when you say budweiser, you've said it all", and it got changed to "when you say wisconsin, you've said it all"

to me this song is the best part of the 5th quarter. it is a wisconsin song for sure

They were also banned from playing it during football games. Not because of legal issues but because the upper deck at Camp Randall would sway 3-5 feet. It can only be played during the 5th Quarter now.

gbgary
09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
ahh. so this is "a wisconsin thing...you wouldn't understand" type of deal. please forgive a colorado boy who's spent the last 40 years in texas.

superfan
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Love it. Looks a bit like the place those of us in the Twin Cities go on occasion, the Park Tavern. Mostly because at both places people are crowded around the neglected pool tables. :lol:

But we don't get the Bud song. :cry:

Packers4Ever
09-20-2010, 10:54 PM

Same here, Red! I grew up in Madison, 5 blocks from Camp Randall

Stadium, I could HEAR the marching band from our front porch, you guys

are bringing back a lot of memories for me too! There's nothing like

Madison in football season...

When you say Wisss-consin, you said it all !!!! YAY!!

superfan
09-20-2010, 11:06 PM

Same here, Red! I grew up in Madison, 5 blocks from Camp Randall

Stadium, I could HEAR the marching band from our front porch, you guys

are bringing back a lot of memories for me too! There's nothing like

Madison in football season...

When you say Wisss-consin, you said it all !!!! YAY!!

Still have a school paper from something like 4th grade, everybody listed out a bunch of their favorite things - music, movies, food etc.

My favorite song was "The Bud Song". 8-)

pasquale
09-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Love it. Looks a bit like the place those of us in the Twin Cities go on occasion, the Park Tavern. Mostly because at both places people are crowded around the neglected pool tables. :lol:

I'm a transplant that lives in St Paul. where is this park tavern? Its not Gabe's, is it?

Pugger
09-21-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm so jealous! We didn't get the Bills game at the local Packer bar here because they had problems with their satellite. :cry: I'll have to check and see when the NFL Network is replaying the game this week.

HowardRoark
09-21-2010, 07:11 AM

I'm a transplant that lives in St Paul. where is this park tavern? Its not Gabe's, is it?

Park Tavern.....get there early (just like Gabe's)
3401 Louisiana Ave S
St Louis Park MN

952-929-6810

mraynrand
09-21-2010, 07:27 AM

Satellite difficulties? Consult you senator - he is an expert:

http://static.technorati.com/10/02/04/4235/Al-Franken-satellite.gif