PDA

View Full Version : Pass D vs Run D

Smidgeon
09-20-2010, 08:54 AM
What do you think?

3irty1
09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Its not easy to be great at both. For high powered offense your pass D will be tested much more. Hence why great pass defenses statistically are often found on bad teams. The 2005 Packers come to mind. So do last years Bills.

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2010, 09:27 AM
If you are going by the inaccurate ranking based on yds/game then I'll go with that our run defense will be ranked higher than the pass D. The Packers offense is going to score so teams are going to have to throw more against us.

ThunderDan
09-20-2010, 09:40 AM
If you are going by the inaccurate ranking based on yds/game then I'll go with that our run defense will be ranked higher than the pass D. The Packers offense is going to score so teams are going to have to throw more against us.

Spot on!

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I do know two things: 1) we don't play Tennessee, so aren't going to play a QB like Mike Vick again in the regular season, and 2) with the possible exception of Miami, we aren't going to play a team as one-dimensional as Buffalo (e.g. a team that is so inept passing the ball that they'll run the ball even down by 13-20 points).

mraynrand
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I'd say they'll be better again against the run. They still have a number of pass-happy offenses to play - Chitcago twice, NE, Dallas, Redskins with McNabb, even MN and Detroit to an extent. Mix in the likelihood that the Packer offense will get some decent leads, and you will have opposing teams playing catchup through the air.

bobblehead
09-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Forget ranks, our Pass D will be better. Last year we schemed to stop the run and got beat by great QB's. This year it seems we are scheming to stop the pass first and daring a team to try and beat our offense by running the ball. Not sure how the actual rankings will pan out.

swede
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Forget ranks, our Pass D will be better. Last year we schemed to stop the run and got beat by great QB's. This year it seems we are scheming to stop the pass first and daring a team to try and beat our offense by running the ball. Not sure how the actual rankings will pan out.

Ding Ding!

denverYooper
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM

Ding Ding!

+2.

gbgary
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
i think they'll rank higher in run d because this is a passing league. we're gonna see some good passing teams and the experience factor in our secondary is going to show up sometime...that and not too many teams have good running games to begin with. bobble has made some good points and has me thinking though.

MJZiggy
09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I think they'll be better in pass D until they can figure out how to contain the run on the edge.