PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score: Packers at Bears on MNF

mmmdk
09-21-2010, 12:30 PM
It's Bears week! Both team are 2-0 and it's a MNF game. It's classic football and the greatest rivalry in NFL.

It'll be a close game; Bears are peaking early on and Packers are really good but hasn't been playing top notch football...yet! Packers have the most room to improve from but I sense a wakeup...loss for the Packers.

Bears 34 Packers 31 in OT

:pack:

Tony Oday
09-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Pack 7 Bears 49 in a rout

channtheman
09-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Thread needs some Kool Aid. Bears 2-0 start is a fluke and the Packers offense finally gets in sync. Cutler throws 3 picks as Packers route the Bears 38 - 14.

mmmdk
09-21-2010, 12:45 PM

Thank goodness for the channtheman prediction 'cos Tony Oday just layed the wood on Packers :shock:

ThunderDan
09-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Thank goodness for the channtheman prediction 'cos Tony Oday just layed the wood on Packers :shock:

He has predicted losses in the first 2 games and doesn't want to wreck the MOJO!

mmmdk
09-21-2010, 01:02 PM

He has predicted losses in the first 2 games and doesn't want to wreck the MOJO!

Ah! And your thunder, Dan? Lightning strike or fizzle in Chicago?

ThunderDan
09-21-2010, 01:08 PM

Ah! And your thunder, Dan? Lightning strike or fizzle in Chicago?

I need to think about it. I didn't make a prediction the 1st week because I was out of town. So I didn't make a guess last week to change my MOJO. I am not sure I can post a guess this week. (I'll PM you if you want the truth). Of course in the predict the Packers season thread I did give my game by game W/L so that should tell you how I am leaning.

My thoughts include: The Bears beat (lost) to Detroit, and beat Dallas (They have already called a players meeting). So I am not sure if I put much stock in either game. The Packers beat the Eagles on the road (good win but inconsistant) and crushed a team they were supposed to. I worry more about the Bear's D than their O at this point. But CHI hasn't had to worry about playing against a Finley like TE for a whole game.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Packers 24
Bears 21

Really close game.....

steve823
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Packers 31
Bears 27

You heard it here first.

MichiganPackerFan
09-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Packers....84
Bears........-7

Guiness
09-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Thread needs some Kool Aid. Bears 2-0 start is a fluke and the Packers offense finally gets in sync. Cutler throws 3 picks as Packers route the Bears 38 - 14.

I'm with ya channtheman, but I think you're pessimistic. You need to look at MPF's post lower down.

The Bears that show up are actually the mini-bears, and the Pack runs over them. Kreutz gets frustrated by Raji, throws a punch and gets tossed from the game. Williams (LT) pulls his hammy again trying to stay in front of Mathews. We get 4 picks and 6 sacks.

Rodgers plays pitch and catch with the boys.

Pack 77
Bears 3 - scored in garbage time after Mathews, Barnett and Woodson are resting.

TennesseePackerBacker
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Packers win in a lower scoring game than most will predict.

24-13

CaliforniaCheez
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Packers 24, Bears 16.

At the other end of the division the Lions 24, vikings 21.

swede
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
GB Chi
Q1 3 7

Q2 0 7

Q3 7 3

Q4 14 0

Final 24 17

Tipped pass pick 6 for Bears in first half. Our offense is horrible.
Down 14-3 at the half...domestic abuse calls way up in Green Bay.

Bears score for the last time in the 3rd quarter. Everybody wakes up. Packers score 14 points in last six minutes to win game. Yee hah! Waitress in Aaron Rodgers jersey does not press charges when excited patron honks her breasts in celebration, but does dump half pitcher of Bud Light over the offender's head.

packerbacker1234
09-21-2010, 08:03 PM
It's going to be a tight game. Highly doubtful it's a blow out.

It's on national TV - everyone thought SF was going to be blown out by the saints, and instead it took a game winner at the end to take care of SF. The bears are a big rivalry team with us. Were both 2 - 0 with both offenses coming off of rather impressive outings.

The question is, who has the better pass coverage defense? They are both passing teams... and really, I can't answer that in earnest.

It's going to be close, and I will just hope for the best:

Packers 28, Bears 27

mission
09-21-2010, 08:29 PM
The question is, who has the better pass coverage defense? They are both passing teams... and really, I can't answer that in earnest.7

Not even if you tried?

Daniel Manning SS
Chris "Who?" Harris FS
Zackary Bowman CB
Charles Tillman CB

VS.

Charles "DPOY" Woodson CB
Tramon Williams CB
Morgan Burnett SS
Nick Collins FS

There's no question. Plus we have the #1 pass rusher in the league. Come on 1234! You're better than that. :wink:

The Shadow
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Packers 27
Bears 14

MadtownPacker
09-21-2010, 11:10 PM
If any of you had even one nut you would bet every bear lover you know. That is what I am doing and believe it or not there are a grip of them over here. Beating the cowgurls brought them out of hibernation.

Packers for the W but it wont come easy, 24-17.

Fosco33
09-21-2010, 11:25 PM
If any of you had even one nut you would bet every bear lover you know. That is what I am doing and believe it or not there are a grip of them over here. Beating the cowgurls brought them out of hibernation.

Good to see you posting hombre. How's Norcal?
My kids are getting bigger every week - now 2 and 1 respectively.

Not feeling the mojo for this game. Road, division, nationally televised game... I'll probably bet my chitown coworkers but have a feeling the Bears will pull one out 21-17 with some fluke ST TD.

billy_oliver880
09-22-2010, 09:21 AM
I just hope the packers don't take this game for granted. The bears will be ready to play. I say this one will be real close. 27-24 pack.

hoosier
09-22-2010, 09:29 AM
I just hope the packers don't take this game for granted.

Not to worry, Billy Schroeder is long gone.

Joemailman
09-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Packers will move the ball consistently, but struggles in the red zone will keep it close.

Packers 26

Bears 20

red
09-22-2010, 09:49 AM
i'm a little nervous about the game

the bears are always tough and this year they seem to be somewhat competent

Cheesehead Craig
09-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Waitress in Aaron Rodgers jersey does not press charges when excited patron honks her breasts in celebration, but does dump half pitcher of Bud Light over the offender's head.
If you do that to her after every win, she will eventually press charges... or at least start charging you.

Pugger
09-22-2010, 11:07 AM
I just hope the packers don't take this game for granted.

Not to worry, Billy Schroeder is long gone.

I can't imagin the guys taking a Monday Nighter for granted. I doubt we'll be lousy like the Gmen were last Sunday night. But it will be a daunting task to put those idiots away. We cannot allow them to get big kick/punt return nor can we turn the ball over. If we do this I like our chances.

AtlPackFan
09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
This is tough. Not sure what you have in the Bears. Detroit should have won the first game and the Boys are in total disarray.

We know what the Pack is capable of but, at this point, have not played to that potential except in spurts.

I don't think the Pack is looking past this game...Division rival, da Bears, MNF...but what team will show up? The team that struggled against Philly and the first half of the Bills game or the team that played as expected in the 2nd half of the Bills game. I just don't know.

Oh...what the hell. Pack 24, Bears 21.

channtheman
09-22-2010, 11:33 AM
I just hope the packers don't take this game for granted. The bears will be ready to play. I say this one will be real close. 27-24 pack.

I'll be really disappointed if the Packers come out flat. This is the BEARS and there should be NO reason to ever take this game for granted. Rivalry games don't know what the other teams record is.

cheesner
09-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Packers 30 bears 17. The bears have done much better than I expected. I figured the offense would be a disaster, but they are doing well. This week they are brought back to earth and get beat more easily than the score shows. Finley comes up big with 2 TDs; Brandon Jackson does a bit better with 80 yards; and CMIII has a bad day due to double/triple teams and Cutler running all plays away from him and gets a meager 2 sacks.

mission
09-22-2010, 06:35 PM
I like your thinking there cheesener!

My pick: 38-24 Good Guys.

Pack comes out and rattles Cutler early.

Cutler makes pouty face on sideline.

Pack win big; sends Bares back to where they belong.

MadtownPacker
09-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I like your thinking there cheesener!

My pick: 38-24 Good Guys.

Pack comes out and rattles Cutler early.

Cutler makes pouty face on sideline.

Pack win big; sends Bares back to where they belong.This is pretty much why I think it is a win. Pack D has strengths that match the bears O well.

Cutler will look like crap for the first time this season and that is why they will lose.

jmbarnes101
09-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Packers are the better team but I predict a defensive battle similar to week 1 last year.

20-16 Pack

I wish we were playing the Vikings this week instead. We could finally beat #4 and end their season at the same time.

Fritz
09-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Friend of mine made a good point: unlike the Minny rivalry, in which either team can win any time, despite talent differences, Withe the Packers and Bears the better team usually wins both GB/Chicago games.

And the Packers are a better team this year than the Bears.

swede
09-23-2010, 07:42 AM

That will be hard for some Bear fans to swallow.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/ChrisFarleyDaBears.jpg

hoosier
09-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Friend of mine made a good point: unlike the Minny rivalry, in which either team can win any time, despite talent differences, Withe the Packers and Bears the better team usually wins both GB/Chicago games.

That was true for most of the 80s and 90s but not sure it still holds today. In relatively recent history, the Bears dominated the Packers from 1976-88 (18-5), and the Packers absolutely dominated the Bears from 1992-2003 (20-3). Since then the Bears have won 7 and the Packers 5, and in those six seasons there have been three sweeps and three splits (2004, 06 and 08). In 04 the Bears swept the Packers despite being much worse (5-11 vs. 10-6). In 06 the Bears were the NFC champs but split with the Packers. In 07 the Bears were much worse but still swept the Packers. 2005 and 2009 are the only recent seasons where the clearly better team swept the worse team.

MichiganPackerFan
09-23-2010, 09:55 AM
I hate waiting for MNF games. it sucks to have to wait nervously while every other team to play and then head to work and trudge through the day and evening and finally get to watch a game with horrible announcers that ends in the middle of the night.

THis one I am especially nervous about because my hopes are SO high for this team.

billy_oliver880
09-23-2010, 12:43 PM

I'll be really disappointed if the Packers come out flat. This is the BEARS and there should be NO reason to ever take this game for granted. Rivalry games don't know what the other teams record is.

Packers should win but they need to come out with some energy. A slow start will be a killer.

Fritz
09-23-2010, 12:50 PM

That was true for most of the 80s and 90s but not sure it still holds today. In relatively recent history, the Bears dominated the Packers from 1976-88 (18-5), and the Packers absolutely dominated the Bears from 1992-2003 (20-3). Since then the Bears have won 7 and the Packers 5, and in those six seasons there have been three sweeps and three splits (2004, 06 and 08). In 04 the Bears swept the Packers despite being much worse (5-11 vs. 10-6). In 06 the Bears were the NFC champs but split with the Packers. In 07 the Bears were much worse but still swept the Packers. 2005 and 2009 are the only recent seasons where the clearly better team swept the worse team.

You and your damn facts. You're as bad as Patler.

hoosier
09-24-2010, 08:32 PM

You and your damn facts. You're as bad as Patler.

I just have a long memory when it comes to Packer teams losing games they should have won. Underperforming losses to Chicago and Minnesota are especially hard to forget (2007).

RUnuts
09-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Packers 150 bears 3. I just talked to my friend who owns a bar in Kenosha. His sister knows a guy that used to work for UPS and he delivers to the bar down the street from Lambeau and he heard this guy say that his aunt heard that Mike McCarthy's game plan was. Long bomb onside kick, long bomb onside kick, long bomb onside kick etc.

Take it to the bank. And yes, I did take my meds today. So there!!

Lurker64
09-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Packers 150 bears 3. I just talked to my friend who owns a bar in Kenosha. His sister knows a guy that used to work for UPS and he delivers to the bar down the street from Lambeau and he heard this guy say that his aunt heard that Mike McCarthy's game plan was. Long bomb onside kick, long bomb onside kick, long bomb onside kick etc.

Take it to the bank. And yes, I did take my meds today. So there!!

I can see where the 21 touchdowns are coming from, but the field goals?

RUnuts
09-24-2010, 11:11 PM
My doctor says I can't get into specifics or else he has to increase my meds. Are you trying to kill me??

LEWCWA
09-25-2010, 12:29 AM
GB-76
CHI-05

All they have to do is stop Forte in the screen game and Olsen deep down the middle and it will be another rout. I don't think any team can hold GB's offense down...

channtheman
09-25-2010, 12:55 AM
GB-76
CHI-05

All they have to do is stop Forte in the screen game and Olsen deep down the middle and it will be another rout. I don't think any team can hold GB's offense down...

It is comforting to know that in two average to shitty performances by the Packers offense (they seemed out of sync to me, Rodgers isn't quite at mid season level yet, etc.) and they still put up 27 and 34 points.

PackerTimer
09-25-2010, 07:02 AM
This is tough. Not sure what you have in the Bears. Detroit should have won the first game and the Boys are in total disarray.

We know what the Pack is capable of but, at this point, have not played to that potential except in spurts.

I don't think the Pack is looking past this game...Division rival, da Bears, MNF...but what team will show up? The team that struggled against Philly and the first half of the Bills game or the team that played as expected in the 2nd half of the Bills game. I just don't know.

Oh...what the hell. Pack 24, Bears 21.

Agreed. To say they were fortunte against the Lions is an understatement. It took a lucky break against a team playing most of the game with it's backup QB. The win in Dallas looks good until you look at how much of wreck Dallas is right now.

Pack - 27
Bears - 17

sheepshead
09-25-2010, 07:25 AM
If we come out and start quick especially through the air, it could be a blow out.

I say close game till late in the third quarter. Pack 34 - Marshmallows of the midway 20

Packers4Ever
09-25-2010, 10:58 PM

That's more like it, good call, Chann !

I'll throw in a little more Kool-Aid and call it
Bears 24, Pack 35, 2 TD/ Jennings

But the gang better be ready for this one !! :)

gex
09-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Packers 35
Da bears 24
Most of the Bears points come in garbage time.

The Leaper
09-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Bears secondary is mediocre. If Rodgers is well protected, the Packers will score 30+. While the Bears offense will present some problems, I think our pass rush will be good enough to force Cutler into some of those miscues he's avoided to this point in 2010.

GB 33
CHI 20

Fosco33
09-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Good to see you posting hombre. How's Norcal?
My kids are getting bigger every week - now 2 and 1 respectively.

Not feeling the mojo for this game. Road, division, nationally televised game... I'll probably bet my chitown coworkers but have a feeling the Bears will pull one out 21-17 with some fluke ST TD.

sorry y'all. Got this one almost nailed on the head... damn

MadtownPacker
09-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Youre a fucking jinx Fosco. You greasy wop.

Fosco33
09-27-2010, 11:51 PM

ha - then you'll be happy with my season prediction 8-)

retailguy
09-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Wow. Look what the cat dragged in. How the hell you been?

MadtownPacker
09-28-2010, 09:57 AM

ha - then you'll be happy with my season prediction 8-)Where is the link, even though I fear what it predicts.

Whats up RG!

Fosco33
09-28-2010, 07:00 PM

ha - then you'll be happy with my season prediction 8-)Where is the link, even though I fear what it predicts.

Whats up RG!

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=21017&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40