PDA

View Full Version : Our PUP Players

curtis loew
09-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Has there been any updates on our PUP players... harris, starks, and bigby. Have any of them started practicing yet... are they even allowed to practice with the team? I'm just wondering how they are coming along with their injury's.

Joemailman
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
They are not allowed to practice. As a result, there has been no real news on these guys that I know of.

Patler
09-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Has there been any updates on our PUP players... harris, starks, and bigby. Have any of them started practicing yet... are they even allowed to practice with the team? I'm just wondering how they are coming along with their injury's.

They are not allowed to practice until after the PUP period (six weeks) is up. Then the team can have them in practices for two weeks, after which they have to put them on IR, put them on the regular roster, or release them.

mission
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
It'd be nice if we at least knew something about how these recoveries are going. You'd hope the Packers at least knew, but MM always acts like he doesn't even know the guys (Starks etc).

Patler
09-21-2010, 03:48 PM
It'd be nice if we at least knew something about how these recoveries are going. You'd hope the Packers at least knew, but MM always acts like he doesn't even know the guys (Starks etc).

The coaches have a weekly meeting with the medical staff and get reports about the injured players, but in between those reports the coaches aren't really too interested in what the injured players are doing. Why bother? All they will be concerned with is their status at week 6.

mission
09-21-2010, 03:53 PM

The coaches have a weekly meeting with the medical staff and get reports about the injured players, but in between those reports the coaches aren't really too interested in what the injured players are doing. Why bother? All they will be concerned with is their status at week 6.

I believe those meetings take place, I'd just like a little information from them ala "Harris will be 100% by week 5" or "Starks is working with a private trainer daily and is trying to get into football shape"

Wishful thinking, I know -- we'll never get anything like that on these guys :lol:

sharpe1027
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
I read that Harris was attempting to pass the condition tests before the season started. Barring a setback, I would be very very surprised if he wasn't ready by week 6. He's probably fine right now.

pbmax
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
I read that Harris was attempting to pass the condition tests before the season started. Barring a setback, I would be very very surprised if he wasn't ready by week 6. He's probably fine right now.
I read something in the middle of camp that hinted he wasn't even allowed to try to conditioning test because he was still working on range of motion at the time. While everything else may have been fine, Doctor's want the range of motion to recover as fully as possible so that the joint performs like it did pre-surgery. After rehab, scar tissue begins to form and you can be locked into a smaller range of motion

The thinking is that with less freedom of movement, injuries are more likely; either as a result of less flexibility or by shifting stress to other body parts.

packerbacker1234
09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
If you remember, Harris was pretty close to passing the physical at the end of camp to at least start practicing. SOmething tells me come 4 weeks, Harris will be good to go. We know he'll be in football shape, just a matter of if he is 100% go. Something tells me that wont be an issue. It will be like a nice veteran pickjup at the trade deadline to help our pass coverage when he comes back.

Fritz
09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Whereas Atari Bigby's return will simply haunt Skinbasket until he turns into a psychotic, paranoid shadow of his former robust self.