PDA

View Full Version : Arrigo-for-Patler Rumors Intensify in Bakersfield

swede
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Influential and widely-read Packer Blog JoesLockerroom is said to be aggressively pursuing Packerrats ace Patler by proposing a swap for Blog Legend Joe Arrigo, but the site may be refusing to pay what the Packerrats administrator is asking.

Patler would not comment other than to do sit-ups for beat reporters and challenge them to contests of memory and sports history.

Joe Arrigo said that the Packerrats site lacks imagination and could use his vast array of inside sources and colored markers to improve its Home Page.

KYPack
09-21-2010, 09:31 PM
We'd have to get 4 #1 picks and some $ on that deal.

Joe Arrigo couldn't pick his momma out of a midget parade.

Little Whiskey
09-21-2010, 09:47 PM
did he take classes with bretsky and did he give his approval on the addition?

CaliforniaCheez
09-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Patler is far more valuable.

The only "insider information" I ever got was talking to Reggie Bush's high school track coach who Reggie liked and talked to a lot.

He told me that that at the combine the Packers had discussed the parameters(cost) of moving up and drafting Reggie Bush. He said the Packers were very serious. The guy did not know I was a Packers fan.
We know how that turned out.

After that I realized that guys like Ted Thompson discuss/check the market value of players all the time. Almost always there is no deal. The cost and the price are too far off. I'm sure proposals and counter offers fly around all the time just to gauge the "market".

In fact last week I was on a Bills site and a guy said there was discussions about Clifton and a 3rd or 4th for Lynch.

During free agency I believe a lot of agents make up these rumors or pass along an inflated offer their guy receive trying to up the market price.

Just because some joker offer you $5000 for your car out of the blue, doesn't mean that your are going to sell it or that it is worth $5000 or that he has $5000.

About 95% of such football rumors are just garbage. By the time they get to Arrigo in a distorted state (no pun intended) there is nothing there.

Patler
09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I like it in the Rat house and don't really want to leave, but if someone could offer a full time position, I would be open to a trade. There is a business side to all of this, and I understand that. But until something happens, I will come every day and give it my best.

Anyone know a good realtor?

mraynrand
09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/patlersignal.jpg

Little Whiskey
09-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Anyone know a good realtor?

start a new thread patler's house is on the market. he's looking at moving.

gbgary
09-22-2010, 01:37 AM
funny stuff!

Tarlam!
09-22-2010, 05:27 AM
I wouldn't swap Patler for anything. I wish I could meet him sometime. I just know, in my heart, he's a special person.

Fritz
09-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Patler is not on the market. Period.

Despite the fact that Packerrats has a stable of excellent posters, all of whom are of starting caliber (Vince, PB, Lurk, the list goes on...), Packerrats is in no way, shape, or form, considering trading Patler.

Several teams have been trying to pry him from Packerrats since before the draft, but Packerrats has resolutely refused to even listen to any offers.

mraynrand
09-22-2010, 09:01 AM
THANKSPATLER

Joemailman
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
I've heard Patler is unhappy here because Admin has not aggressively pursued free agent posters to replace Partial and Tyrone Bigguns. If we don't trade Patler, he may retire, get his release from Packerrats, and then go join JoesLockerroom out of spite. Of course, before then, he'll go on Maury Povich and air all his dirty laundry for everyone on ESPN to comment on.
Wouldn't it make more sense to get something for him while we can?

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with JoesLockerroom. I swear.

sharpe1027
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Admin of Packerrats is thought to have been asking Patler to commit to the Packerrat team, but has been getting lukewarm responses.

Patler's days at Packerrats may be numbered as this fuels the speculation about his willingness to continue spend countless hours scouring the Internet and crunching numbers like a human computer. Instead, some suggest that Patler would simply like to show up the day-of-posting and wing-it. JoesLockerroom is widely believed to be a much better fit for such an attitude.

vince
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Didn't Joeslockerroom.com start up about the time Partial was chucked from here? Coincidence? I think not.

Scott Campbell
09-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I know he is beloved around here, but Patler hasn't really won anything since 96.

Little Whiskey
09-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I know he is beloved around here, but Patler hasn't really won anything since 96.

and he chokes at crunch time

TravisWilliams23
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to remember this site BEFORE Patler and can't.
It was just such a dark and dreary site. Almost like it didn't exist. :cry:

Patler's the reason I became a Packerrat fan.

Little Whiskey
09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to remember this site BEFORE Patler and can't.
It was just such a dark and dreary site. Almost like it didn't exist. :cry:

Patler's the reason I became a Packerrat fan.

when he is traded will you buy a joeslockerroom jersey? bandwagon fan!

Tony Oday
09-22-2010, 11:52 AM
F Patler! Post out your damn contract and quit whining! This big time posters all they think about is themselves when its us, the readers, who give them the strength to get up everyday and put forth that effort.

Post out your contract and go into the hall as a Rat

Patler
09-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Apparently I have morphed from being Hawk-like to being Favre-like!

Maybe I should just retire? I don't know, I really can't imagine myself posting anywhere else. I would hate to have to learn all the rules, regulations and procedures at a new site. Why should I, at my age. If they ever bring in a new, young hot-shot poster, I'll just retire. I certainly don't want to stay too long, when I become just a rambling old fan living in the past. I would rather go out knowing I still had intelligent comments to make.

I don't know what to do. This is just so hard!

Tarlam!
09-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Patler, stop this nonsense.You will have permission to retire whan you lay in your coffin. And you will not be traded.

I am willing to quadruple what you make, though,

Tony Oday
09-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't even know why we dignify this...yeah you Patler have posted well and really that one year WAS magical but now you are just hanging on for the money. Dont mask it for the love of the post! I think we can roll with what we have here and not miss a beat.

I hear RubeChat on KFAN needs a poster...maybe you can try to regain your glory there because here we are sick of your me first attitude! Lets see what happens when you miss your super post by one punctuation mark...

(hehe)

Scott Campbell
09-22-2010, 12:38 PM

Maybe I should just retire? I don't know, I really can't imagine myself posting anywhere else. I would hate to have to learn all the rules, regulations and procedures at a new site. Why should I, at my age. If they ever bring in a new, young hot-shot poster, I'll just retire. I certainly don't want to stay too long, when I become just a rambling old fan living in the past. I would rather go out knowing I still had intelligent comments to make.

Scott Campbell would like to thank Patler and his family for his considerable contributions to this site over the years, and wishes him well in all future endeavors.

And now I am done talking about this with all you meatballs. If anyone has any further questions on the matter I can be reached through Ari Fleischer.

Patler
09-22-2010, 12:54 PM

Scott Campbell would like to thank Patler and his family for his considerable contributions to this site over the years, and wishes him well in all future endeavors.

And now I am done talking about this with all you meatballs. If anyone has any further questions on the matter I can be reached through Ari Fleischer.

Will you be sending me the the keyboard and monitor I have used? Oh, wait, I already own those!

DannoMac21
09-22-2010, 12:54 PM
We need a one hour ESPN special to officially announce something like this.

Fritz
09-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Doesn't Joe's run the same kind of board that Packerrats does?

Patler
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Doesn't Joe's run the same kind of board that Packerrats does?

Same software? (Look of excitement on Patler's face)

Uh, can I have an unconditional release? (Or at least a lucrative offer to stay retired?)

Joemailman
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
No release. Will you agree to a trade to BuffaloBillsBlog.com?

3irty1
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I thought Patler might have a meltdown after we used the franchise tag on him for the 4th year in a row.

sharpe1027
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
If Patler leaves, the heir apparent would be under an enormous amount of pressure.

Patler
09-22-2010, 02:03 PM
If Patler leaves, the heir apparent would be under an enormous amount of pressure.

Hey, its not my job to get him ready to take over.

Bossman641
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm so damn sick of Patler's relatives leaking to Mortensen how unwanted he feels here. Don't you also all remember that time he talked to purplepride.org and told them our usernames and passwords?

vince
09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Joe Johnson is to blame for all that. He makes Patler feel unwanted here.

MichiganPackerFan
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Did you know that with just a couple beers, some white electrical tape, a scissors, some bandaids and a cheese head for comforts, you can easily transform your jersey from the one who has departed to another one of our valuable posters?

PATLER!
TARLAM!

Patler
09-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Did you know that with just a couple beers, some white electrical tape, a scissors, some bandaids and a cheese head for comforts, you can easily transform your jersey from the one who has departed to another one of our valuable posters?

PATLER!
TARLAM!

Is there an instructional video?

mraynrand
09-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Did the Packerrats organization offer Patler 20 bucks to be a Packerrats spokesperson instead of taking his insights elsewhere?

MichiganPackerFan
09-22-2010, 02:45 PM

PATLER!
TARLAM!

Is there an instructional video?

if i only had the first idea how to get that done!

Fritz
09-22-2010, 02:46 PM

PATLER!
TARLAM!

Ah, you didn't hear. Tarlam just got cut.

Picked up by another site, though.

Cheesehead Craig
09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I for one am sick of Patler's pandering to the media. His commercials are irritating: Him shilling Walmart sweatpants, buying a TV at Costco and SuperAmerica credit cards.

Guiness
09-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Don't worry everyone. I know that the failed public attempt to replace him with Shamrockfan divided everyone here, I have it on good authority that Tank and Lawyer Joe are ready to step forward if the administrator here would just fall out of bed, hit his head and give them a call!

pbmax
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I know all you young ones are very close to Patler. But since I am ancient, my favorite poster has always been Shamrockfan.

May he Rest in Peace :cry:

Patler
03-17-2024, 10:53 AM
I stumbled upon this thread while looking for something else.
This is from the days when this board had a bevy of active contributors, a sense of humor, and civility (sometimes, anyway!). This brings back memories of many posters I miss; but also has contributions from many long-time internet friends who are still her.

If you are too young, too senile or just too forgetful to remember the details of Favre's last few years in and departure from GB, you will miss much of the humor in this.

CaptainKickass
03-17-2024, 12:52 PM
I stumbled upon this thread while looking for something else.

Obligatory nostalgia post.

KYPack
03-17-2024, 03:49 PM
Now that is a classic bump, Cap!

red
03-17-2024, 04:34 PM
fucking joe arrigo

the whole reason i came to this site

fucker would make up 100 "rumors" a day. then when 1 would hit every month, he was treater like a walking god with inside info

hey guys, jesus told me yesterday that the temp would be somewhere between 20-80 today. so it was 35, why, yes, that is proof that i communicate with jesus. and no, not some beaner like mad whose named jesus

Joemailman
03-17-2024, 08:08 PM
I've heard Patler is unhappy here because Admin has not aggressively pursued free agent posters to replace Partial and Tyrone Bigguns. If we don't trade Patler, he may retire, get his release from Packerrats, and then go join JoesLockerroom out of spite. Of course, before then, he'll go on Maury Povich and air all his dirty laundry for everyone on ESPN to comment on.
Wouldn't it make more sense to get something for him while we can?

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with JoesLockerroom. I swear.

I have no recollection of any of this. What the hell was JoesLockerroom?

Patler
03-17-2024, 08:34 PM
If you are too young, too senile or just too forgetful to remember ...

I have no recollection of any of this.

So which category are you in???

Joemailman
03-17-2024, 08:48 PM
So which category are you in???

I've always been forgetful, which is cool since people won't notice so much when I become senile.

sharpe1027
03-17-2024, 09:21 PM
I've always been forgetful, which is cool since people won't notice so much when I become senile.

Or maybe you've just forgotten about the time when you weren't forgetful.

Fosco33
03-18-2024, 09:11 AM
The quality of the posters here is still pretty good - and like the Packers themselves it ebbs/flows over time.

Frozen Tundra
03-18-2024, 01:04 PM
Whatever happened to Arrigo, anyway? I haven't seen him on any boards in a long time. He get traded to a Vikings board or something?

Fritz
03-18-2024, 01:45 PM
He's running for Vice President.

Glad Patler has made a comeback.

bobblehead
03-18-2024, 02:00 PM
fucking joe arrigo

the whole reason i came to this site

fucker would make up 100 "rumors" a day. then when 1 would hit every month, he was treater like a walking god with inside info

hey guys, jesus told me yesterday that the temp would be somewhere between 20-80 today. so it was 35, why, yes, that is proof that i communicate with jesus. and no, not some beaner like mad whose named jesus

I have always liked the way you frame things Red.

Fritz
03-18-2024, 06:16 PM
Red is not the beating heart of Packerrats, but he IS like the liver - essential, necessary, even though you've abused it for years with Jaegermeister.

red
03-18-2024, 10:57 PM
Red is not the beating heart of Packerrats, but he IS like the liver - essential, necessary, even though you've abused it for years with Jaegermeister.

fitting that i'm the liver when mines probably shot

KYPack
03-19-2024, 10:39 AM
Probably?

red
03-19-2024, 11:33 AM
Probably?

More then likely lol

I come from a long line of people with strong livers though

MadtownPacker
03-19-2024, 10:24 PM
What’s all this liver talk? It removes toxins but red is the most toxic here. I would say more like the colon, cuz all the shit that comes out of him.

Fritz
03-20-2024, 07:02 AM
What’s all this liver talk? It removes toxins but red is the most toxic here. I would say more like the colon, cuz all the shit that comes out of him.

Does that make you the sphincter, through which it all must pass??

red
03-20-2024, 05:32 PM

lol

ok, that is a pretty good one

CaptainD
03-22-2024, 07:34 PM
Whatever happened to Arrigo, anyway? I haven't seen him on any boards in a long time. He get traded to a Vikings board or something?

He lives in Vegas and has his own radio show...he worked for ESPN radio for a couple of years. Still making crap up and calling it a done deal, same old BS Joe