PDA

View Full Version : Colledge with gimpy knee?

Spaulding
09-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Saw on Fox Sports and Packers.com that they reported a possibly sprained knee which might require us to clone Buluga if both Clifton remains questionable and Colledge can't go.

Given Colledge's suck factor last year, he seems to have been pretty solid so far. Hoping if Clifton isn't 100% that they give Buluga the start to hopefully allow Clifton to be as healthy as possible the remainder of this year. Can imagine going against Peppers could lead to something getting tweaked further.

packers11
09-24-2010, 05:19 PM
I assume Spitz would go into LG and BB will stay at LT (If both Clifton and Darren are out)

PackerTimer
09-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Hopefully Colledge will be ok. I've been impressed with his first two games. It would appear that he is rebounding pretty well after last years debacle.

Losing two guys on the offensive line could mean trouble. I read that Colledge says he'll practice tomorrow and play on Monday. We'll see.

Fritz
09-25-2010, 08:34 AM
I am concerned with the injury roll I read on the JSO today. Cripes, they are dropping like flies. Jones, Colledge, and about three or four others came up hurt.

It's this niggling stuff that can drag a team down, especially this early. The Bears' injury report was far shorter.

denverYooper
09-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I am concerned with the injury roll I read on the JSO today. Cripes, they are dropping like flies. Jones, Colledge, and about three or four others came up hurt.

It's this niggling stuff that can drag a team down, especially this early. The Bears' injury report was far shorter.

Our Defense is that brutal :).

Seriously, though, GB under M3 has always seemed pretty conservative with injuries, especially early in the year. It's frustrating sometimes (see LT struggles in the Vikes games last year) but it makes sense in that a team ideally wants to be playing its best ball come November and health goes a long way toward making that happen.

Fritz
09-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I hope this means that everyone will be fine. I'd like to see Colledge and Clifton both starting and finishing the game.

mraynrand
09-25-2010, 01:36 PM

Of Course! It's the old "Make it seem like you are really beat up on the injury report but show up healthy and psychotic to play smash mouth football" ploy. Third time I've fallen for it this week.
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080922/Famous-Spies/Don-Adams-Get-Smart_l.jpg

pbmax
09-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Bedard on Twitter (top comment is newer):

# Chad Clifton was limited. Came off yesterday's practice feeling OK. Feel better about Daryn today. Think he'll be OK. about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Clifton, Colledge, Crabtree probable. Brad Jones, Peprah, Pickett, Neal are questionable. about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck

hoosier
09-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Mike Neal sounds like a slow healer. Or else his injury was more severe than the original report.

pbmax
09-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Mike Neal sounds like a slow healer. Or else his injury was more severe than the original report.
I would guess with ribs, its either healed or it hurts. You can run like a deer with a sprained ankle (esp. in a straight line), but how do you torque a lineman away from you with sore ribs?

pbmax
09-25-2010, 09:01 PM
There may be Packer-related news in the Garbage Can.

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Worried about Pickett being questionable.

pbmax
09-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Worried about Pickett being questionable.
Bedard thinks he is playing. Not specific why. Although a hamstring might be less limiting in the short space he plays in. I have enjoyed the ease with which he has transitioned to a 5 technique (DE). Great team guy. Which is a bit at odds with his former rep, because he had a minor underachiever label when the line in St. Louis had a bunch of higher picks and still struggled.

Fritz
09-26-2010, 09:21 AM
With Neal out and Pickett questionable, are they gonna be hurting on the defensive line?

packerbacker1234
09-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Clifton is listed as probable, and MM said he looks worlds better than he did last Sunday, meaning that Clifton is good to go. May still be getting limited time in practice I here, but it's most precationary so nothing gets reaggrivated before monday night. He should be a go for monday. If college has a knee sprain, it's simply - Clifton - Bulaga - Wells - Sitton - Taucher

Did everyone not hear the news that Clifton is good to go? I mean, we are in a bit of a tight spot if Clifton gets hurt during the game, but I think he'll be alright.