PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: 2010: Official Packers -v- Bears Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Brandon494
09-27-2010, 10:37 PM
For everyone that think Chillar is the answer over Hawk, Greg Olsen is showing exactly how good Chillar is tonight...worthless.

Yea like Hawk would have made that play. :roll:

Chillar is in to cover, and he can't.

Your acting like Olsen is some scrub TE.

mission
HOW THE FUCK?!

Brandon494
OMFG

red
gutless heartless, dickless and nutless bunch of fucks we have on this team. coaches and players

every fucking year chicago circles our games and always comes out ready to play. every year we play our worst games against the bears

imscott72
SON OF A BITCH

Jimx29
lights out..........

mmmdk
How many challenges has McCarthy actually won?

pbmax
That is the night in a capsule.

Carolina_Packer
Is this still pre-season?

red
09-27-2010, 10:38 PM
you bunch of fucks. completely unacceptable

i'm absolutely disgusted right now

mission
why the fuck would they not let them score?!

DannoMac21
Mccarthys the dumbest fucking coach...holy shit

mmmdk
Packers still unbeaten... :wink:

imscott72
09-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Frustrating PI call because the Bears WR was all over Burnett too..

gbgary
09-27-2010, 10:39 PM
come on Pack.

Brandon494
09-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Burnett's dumbass waiving no good like it fucking matters

imscott72
stupid fuckers..Should of let them score..

mission
WHY NOT LET THEM SCORE ON 1ST DOWN?!?!

OUT-COACHED.

IM SICK TO MY FUCKING STOMACH.

vince
What a disgusting fucking game.

pbmax
Finley, ala Kellen Winslow.

Carolina_Packer
09-27-2010, 10:41 PM
So what's worse? 17 accepted penalties or giving up 51 points in a playoff game?

MadScientist
3 picks and 1 TD killed by penalties.

Slip Gould!

MadScientist
Fuck.

mission
09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
3 picks and 1 TD killed by penalties.

How is that even possible?

pbmax
Never get that one back.

DannoMac21
What a joke. Holy shit. McCarthy you dumb fucking sack of shit.

mmmdk
I know I knock McCarthy but at least I'm consistent - did so even in 2007 - and I will not change my stance.

Goodnight and don't let the bed bears bite :lol:

Charles Woodson
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
So what's worse? 17 accepted penalties or giving up 51 points in a playoff game?
neither of them are fucking acceptable

MadScientist
09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Fitting this shit fest ends with a record-setting penalty on the Pack.

falco
09-27-2010, 10:45 PM
A tough pill to swallow, but the season is still young.

red
in my 30+ years of being on this planet and being a packer fan i have never been more disgusted by this team then i am right now.

that was an absolute pathetic attempt by the green bay packers tonight

i have never once given up on this team. but i'm ready to say fuck them until they prove to me they deserve to wear the green and gold

i'm fucking sick

imscott72
What a brutal loss..Should of won that one with ease..

ThunderDan
Well, the Packers gift wrapped that game to Chicago. Even after all of that shit if the special teams make a FG and stop a punt return this game is a victory!

digitaldean
Christmas came early for the Muppets of the Midway.

Shoddy special teams, horrible penalties (real and some slightly suspect that took away a score) all adds up to the clusterf**k we saw tonight.

The two "bookends" on the OLine looked like Trevor Hoffman's performance early on this season. They both looked old and highly suspect.

Time to regroup and beat up on the Lions. But if they don't straighten out the lack of discipline we could be in for a long afternoon on Sunday.

pbmax
09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Even Super Bowl teams lose a game they shouldn't usually. 96 Packers lost to the Chiefs. But they shouldn't have lost this one.

gbgary
09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
rivalry game, hostile field. shit happens. it'll be good for us.

BallHawk
09-27-2010, 10:47 PM
in my 30+ years of being on this planet and being a packer fan i have never been more disgusted by this team then i am right now.

i have never once given up on this team. but i'm ready to say fuck them until they prove to me they deserve to wear the green and gold

i'm fucking sick

jesus christ, we lost a week 3 game to the Bears by 3 points because of shitty penalties. i can think of a lot worse losses than that. this team is still obviously one of the best in the league, one bad game doesn't change that.

PackerTimer
09-27-2010, 10:47 PM
What a terrible game by the Packers. How can you commit 17 penalties in one game? That is astonishingly bad. Fuck!

mission
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
it'll be good for us.

this is the only positive i can find right now.

Carolina_Packer
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/practically-green/assets_c/2009/12/1115059_47592633-thumb-640xauto-45127.jpg

To: Chicago Bears
Note: Since we couldn't be here to win the game, we thought you might enjoy this!

PackerTimer
09-27-2010, 10:50 PM

i'm fucking sick

jesus christ, we lost a week 3 game to the Bears by 3 points because of shitty penalties. i can think of a lot worse losses than that. this team is still obviously one of the best in the league, one bad game doesn't change that.

Yeah. No need to panic quite yet. There is no way we'll be even close to 17 penalties in another game this year. Without some of those stupid, bonehead mistakes, we win this game easy.

mr_blonde
Trent Dilfer's comments after the game are right on.

Might I add, you need to have some resemblance of a running game too if you want to make it to the Super Bowl.

vince
I don't remember a team giving a game away that badly in my life.

mission
09-27-2010, 10:51 PM

Might I add, you need to have some resemblance of a running game too if you want to make it to the Super Bowl.

The lack of running game had NOTHING to do with why we lost this game.

We dominated T.O.P.

gbgary
09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
just a bad luck, sloppy game. not worried about it. we dominated them.

channtheman
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
If you ask me, the fucking refs stole that one from us. So many touchy bullshit calls on the Packers and NONE on the fucking Bears? Jesus fucking christ these fucking refs were bad.

gbpackfan
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Don't kid yourselfs guys, THAT WAS FUCKING EMBARASSING! My God

Penalties
Special Teams
Penalties
Fumble
Penalties

WE LOOKED LIKE A BUNCH OF A-HOLE CLOWNS ON NATIONAL TV.

Pop Warner kids were laughing at the Packers.

The sky is not falling, but that was disgusting.

vince
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
This loss will only motivate them, but that was a ridiculous gift. The Packers are so much better than the Bears it's not funny. On the bright side, it's hard to imagine them being so charitable again - ever.

sheepshead
MM has got to go. Three years and he cannot correct these excessive penalties. MM is not head coaching material. The honeymoon is over. This was sickening tonight.

mission
I still can't believe Jones fumbled that fucking ball.

James Jones is no longer allowed to play against the Bears. He'll be a #3-4 as long as he loses sight of the moment.

channtheman
09-27-2010, 10:55 PM

James Jones is no longer allowed to play against the Bears. He'll be a #3-4 as long as he loses sight of the moment.

James Jones is a piece of shit in general. Rodgers needs to stop throwing the ball to his sorry ass. The shit head wants the ball but either drops it, runs a shit route, or fumbles.

red
This loss will only motivate them, but that was a ridiculous gift. The Packers are so much better than the Bears it's not funny. On the bright side, it's hard to imagine them being so charitable again - ever.

motivate them?

this was monday night football against the fucking bears. if they can't get motivated for this game, and they weren't, then how they hell can they get motivated for anything else

imscott72
Packers OT is going to be interesting tonight..

Badgerinmaine
RE. Sheepshead's call for McCarthy's head: I'm not ready to fire him, but the penalties have been a consistent problem with McCarthy's teams. Tonight was just worse than usual, and no, I can't blame the refs. This team cannot contend for a Super Bowl with this propensity for penalties. A disciplined team would have won tonight. Lots of time to fix things, but there's some stuff to be worked on.

mission
09-27-2010, 10:56 PM

James Jones is a piece of shit in general. Rodgers needs to stop throwing the ball to his sorry ass. The shit head wants the ball but either drops it, runs a shit route, or fumbles.

Where was Jennings the whole game?

RashanGary
09-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Packers looked like the more talented team. Bears were the more disciplined team.

Over the course of the season, like last season, the Packers will continue to gel and really play up to their talent level. For now, the Bears are healthy. They're a veteran team.

It sucks to lose like this, but I knew the Bears would play tough. Shit.

PackerTimer
09-27-2010, 10:57 PM
just a bad luck, sloppy game. not worried about it. we dominated them.

A holding call wiped a TD off the board to Finley. 7 points.

Barnett's INT was called back. Chicago kicked a field goal to tie. 3 points

Woodson dropped a pick and Collins has a pick wiped off on pass interference. Chicago kicks the game winning field goal. 3 more points.

If we even eliminate one of those penalties we win the game. We could have gotten away with 16. :roll:

Brandon494
I don't know why but Im not really that mad. I guess cause they didn't really beat us and we gave them the damn game.

LEWCWA
Jones is an idiot.
Can we send him to Favre in Minny. Thats 2 games in his career he has gift wrapped to Chi. I've seen enough!

gbpackfan
I'm not ready to fire him, but the penalties have been a consistent problem with McCarthy's teams. Tonight was just worse than usual, and no, I can't blame the refs. This team cannot contend for a Super Bowl with this propensity for penalties. A disciplined team would have won tonight. Lots of time to fix things, but there's some stuff to be worked on.

Im not starting an argument with you here, I actually am agreeing with you. But MM has had plenty of time to FIX the penality problem. And to FIX the special team problem. He has had YEARS. I mean, WTF!!!!!!!!!

vince
Boom. There's plenty of blame to go around, but that is unbelievable.

McCarthy should have had them let the Bears score at the end to give Rodgers a chance, but those calling for McCarthy's head at this point are misguided in my opinion.

Carolina_Packer
Hopefully it's as motivating as the Tampa game was last year. A loss is always a combination of factors. It does start with the top. There are key cracks in our roster that get exposed, which shows what the team did the previous year to address the issues of the previous years. Shawn Slocum is handed a lot of young guys to coach up on special teams. That said, if the organizational philosophy is to turn over fringe roster spots to find better talent, then you have to have a guy who can coach up young players in a hurry and make them mature quickly. That effort did not look very mature. There were some good plays made on both offense and defense, but the mistakes overall killed us. Not converting a few of those long drives into points was killer too. Painful to lose a game that you had a very good chance to win. You get what you deserve based on your effort.

mission
09-27-2010, 10:58 PM

McCarthy should have had them let the Bears score at the end to give Rodgers a chance, but those calling for McCarthy's head at this point are misguided in my opinion.

No one except James Jones was going to stop #12 on that drive. He looked awesome tonight.

PackerTimer
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM

And I'm not calling for his head but why did he challenge the recovery? It was obvious and it cost us a timeout. Really, really bad decision to challenge that call.

denverYooper
09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Sigh.

digitaldean
09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes, discipline or lack thereof, does come down on the coaches. But the players need to bear the brunt of this as well.

If we had ANY semblance of a REAL running game and cut out the dumb a** penalties it's a cakewalk. The Packers DO need to get somebody NOW.

Never been a Jones fan before tonight. Rather would have Nelson as #2 WR after Driver retires. What a great night for Finley wasted too.

RashanGary
09-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't know why but Im not really that mad. I guess cause they didn't really beat us and we gave them the damn game.

Yeah. The Packers have a ton of talent. They looked like the better team. Last year they were extremely young. It took them until the end of the season to really click.

This year we're young, but I don't picture it taking as long to really get going. I think we'll come out of this fine.

A win would have been much, much better, but we're still a great team. Tough divisional game.

Carolina_Packer
09-27-2010, 11:02 PM

And I'm not calling for his head but why did he challenge the recovery? It was obvious and it cost us a timeout. Really, really bad decision to challenge that call.

Yeah, that was a very bad challenge. Sure, if that call was going to win or lose the game, then you challenge because you have no choice, but why waste a valuable penalty. We still had a chance at that point, even with Jones' costly fumble. There's a lot to clean up, but I think the Lions will be just what the doctor ordered.

sheepshead
RE. Sheepshead's call for McCarthy's head: I'm not ready to fire him, but the penalties have been a consistent problem with McCarthy's teams. Tonight was just worse than usual, and no, I can't blame the refs. This team cannot contend for a Super Bowl with this propensity for penalties. A disciplined team would have won tonight. Lots of time to fix things, but there's some stuff to be worked on.

Im not either, but I have never been sold on the guy. I thought long ago we had one of the best GMs in football and a very mediocre HC. But we have been dealing with this very problem for 3 seasons. There are guys that have roomed that sideline that would never, ever have put up with this crap for this long.

Fosco33
Three words... what the fuck

Blocked fg after a long drive. 2 shitty punts (one for a TD), kickoff out of bounds, numerous dropped INTs, 17 penalties (Tausch looked awful; db rookies were exposed), fumble at the end just capped off a frustrating game.

M3 needs to right the penalites and in a hurry. A few aggressive penalties are ok - but jesus - 152 yards of penalties. Christ - Cutler only threw for 221...

imscott72
09-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Packers just got flagged for holding in the showers..Wow..FU refs..

vince
09-27-2010, 11:03 PM

Yeah. The Packers have a ton of talent. They looked like the better team. Last year they were extremely young. It took them until the end of the season to really click.

This year we're young, but I don't picture it taking as long to really get going. I think we'll come out of this fine.

A win would have been much, much better, but we're still a great team. Tough divisional game.
Youth hurt tonight. Zombo and Burnett's penalties were huge.

gbgary
09-27-2010, 11:06 PM
not worried about it. this will motivate everyone even more. it will get tts attention too. the bears lucked out here. they're shit but it's a rivalry game and this happens. we dominated this game. just a bump in the road. relax everyone.

Fosco33
09-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Bright spots....

3 sacks for the D (none on Arod)
Held Forte for 29 yards on 11 carries (including a 12 yarder)
Arod throws for 319 yards (and a nothing INT)
Finley has another 100 yard receiving game
Defense had a key 4th down stop to save a TD
Dominated time of possession
Punter averaged 50 yards

Dark spots....
plenty

Badgerinmaine
09-27-2010, 11:07 PM

Yeah, that was a very bad challenge. Sure, if that call was going to win or lose the game, then you challenge because you have no choice, but why waste a valuable penalty. We still had a chance at that point, even with Jones' costly fumble. There's a lot to clean up, but I think the Lions will be just what the doctor ordered.

I'll cut him a little slack on it--if it had been reversed, that would have turned the game around, and there weren't likely to be any more chances to use the challenge (I think it came with 2:16 to go, and the booth calls challenges after 2:00). I can see why they tried it but I wished at the time and wish now they hadn't.

PackerTimer
09-27-2010, 11:09 PM

I'll cut him a little slack on it--if it had been reversed, that would have turned the game around, and there weren't likely to be any more chances to use the challenge (I think it came with 2:16 to go, and the booth calls challenges after 2:00). I can see why they tried it but I wished at the time and wish now they hadn't.

I would cut him slack if it was close. But there was no way they were overturning that and he had a ton of time to look at it as it took a long time to make the initial call.

Fosco33

The lack of running game had NOTHING to do with why we lost this game.

We dominated T.O.P.

Take a look at recent superbowl winners - most (I think 4 of 5) didn't have a star runner (or a 1000 yard rusher).

It's a passing league now. But I do wish we had the option... and when the cold weather hits it'll hurt more.

I have some faith in the rb committee.

channtheman

If you don't challenge that play like a fucking idiot, you have all 3 timeouts to then use at the goal line and at least you get 60 seconds to attempt your own field goal.

Also, I'm just astonished that Jones was whining about not getting the ball enough (at least I recall something like this). Everytime Rodgers throws the ball to that shit bad things happen.

Iron Mike
09-27-2010, 11:10 PM
What's the over/under on the Bear trolls showing up to talk smack now??? :x

vince
09-27-2010, 11:11 PM
This game does reinforce that this team, so long as Finley and Rodgers stay healthy, can beat anyone - if they can figure out how to get out of their own way.

Badgerinmaine
09-27-2010, 11:12 PM
What's the over/under on the Bear trolls showing up to talk smack now??? :x
They are all too schnockered on Old Style to find their keyboards at the moment.

Little Whiskey
09-27-2010, 11:13 PM

I would cut him slack if it was close. But there was no way they were overturning that and he had a ton of time to look at it as it took a long time to make the initial call.

that was a dumbass move to challenge on the fumble. if he didn't challenge that maybe he could have/would have challenged woodson's int when the bears were called for holding. I couldn't believe ESPN didn't show the replay of the int, but instead the replay of the hold. you can challenge the reception but you can't challenge the penalty. come on espn, help out a bit.

Iron Mike
09-27-2010, 11:13 PM
This game does reinforce that this team, so long as Finley and Rodgers stay healthy, can beat anyone - if they can figure out how to get out of their own way.

It'd be nice if Jennings showed up on occasion.....

sheepshead
09-27-2010, 11:14 PM

that was a dumbass move to challenge on the fumble. if he didn't challenge that maybe he could have/would have challenged woodson's int when the bears were called for holding. I couldn't believe ESPN didn't show the replay of the int, but instead the replay of the hold. you can challenge the reception but you can't challenge the penalty. come on espn, help out a bit.

I was saying that also..although Woodson didnt seem to protest very much either.

Carolina_Packer
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM

Im not either, but I have never been sold on the guy. I thought long ago we had one of the best GMs in football and a very mediocre HC. But we have been dealing with this very problem for 3 seasons. There are guys that have roomed that sideline that would never, ever have put up with this crap for this long.

I wonder how McCarthy feels sometimes about the organizational philosophy to go with a lot of these street free agent, low-round draft picks to develop. The "home grown" talent. It seems like there is never a lot of continuity on special teams, just a lot of young guys trying to make a football roster, and not a lot of stand-out talent. Seems like we discount special teams as a place to focus on and build up the best talent. The defensive backfield is also a question mark with some notable veteran talent, but a lot of question marks with the youth and inexperience. It worked once to roll the dice on an experienced DB like Woodson. Methinks the Packers would have been better off to try and get some help there after the Arizona game exposed them last year and the new and remaining depth was questionable and the fact that aside from Burnett, they apparently didn't see anyone on the draft board that did it for them.

mraynrand
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM

Youth hurt tonight. Zombo and Burnett's penalties were huge.

Were those youth mistakes? Zombo's paly was perfectly fine. His head was up, he was tackling with his chest and shoulder. That stuff happens. It happened to a Bear lineman on Rodgers. Burnett? He was being held by the receiver and trying to fight back for the ball. The ball was underthrown and he turned back just a hair too late. How many PIs did Woodson have?

imscott72
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM

What the fuck happened to him?

sheepshead
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM

I wonder how McCarthy feels sometimes about the organizational philosophy to go with a lot of these street free agent, low-round draft picks to develop. The "home grown" talent. It seems like there is never a lot of continuity on special teams, just a lot of young guys trying to make a football roster, and not a lot of stand-out talent. Seems like we discount special teams as a place to focus on and build up the best talent. The defensive backfield is also a question mark with some notable veteran talent, but a lot of question marks with the youth and inexperience. It worked once to roll the dice on an experienced DB like Woodson. Methinks the Packers would have been better off to try and get some help there after the Arizona game exposed them last year and the new and remaining depth was questionable and the fact that aside from Burnett, they apparently didn't see anyone on the draft board that did it for them.

there is no way in hell that excessive penalties are the GM's fault. My God TT gets blamed for everything on these boards.

MM was out coached last year in AZ by one of the best coaches in football, plain and simple. On paper we have one of the best teams in the league.

mraynrand
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM

he had a nice drop on that bomb. Would have been in FG position to go up at least 16-0. instead: 10-7 at half (But hey, Jon Gruden said the punt return was the turning point, so what do I know).

vince
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I thought Clifton, Tauscher and Colledge all left a lot to be desired tonight.

Zombo played well other than the huge helmet-to-helmet penalty late.

jmbarnes101
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Can someone please explain to me how the punt return was allowed to stand? There wer two clear penalties that should have been called, a hold in the middle and a block in the back much worse than ours that sprung him.

The Bears may be disciplined but they're not good and they're not better than us. We will win the division and I would hate to be the Lions next week.

channtheman
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Can someone please explain to me how the punt return was allowed to stand? There wer two clear penalties that should have been called, a hold in the middle and a block in the back much worse than ours that sprung him.

The Bears may be disciplined but they're not good and they're not better than us. We will win the division and I would hate to be the Lions next week.

You know the eagle eyes the refs had on the Packers but then failed to see on the Bears makes me wonder if the refs are payed. I know it sounds far fetched but how the fuck do they miss such an obvious block in the back?

imscott72
09-27-2010, 11:23 PM

You know the eagle eyes the refs had on the Packers but then failed to see on the Bears makes me wonder if the refs are payed. I know it sounds far fetched but how the fuck do they miss such an obvious block in the back?

Lots of sports are corrupted so who knows. I can't imagine this is the case, but after the whole NBA scandal you wonder sometimes..

TravisWilliams23
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
The big screw up in the 1st half was Masthay's piss poor punt that
put the Bears in position for a short field to score. Pack was up 10-0
and that really made it a game.

I thought Jones was having a pretty good game until that last catch and
fumble. He turned some short passes into 1st downs by getting YAC.

McCarthy has to be the dumbest HC when it comes to challenges. If someone
is making the calls upstairs, they need to be let go. If MM is doing the
challenges himself, he needs to hire someone to advise him when to challenge.

Penalties are unacceptable. No excuse. Can't keep happening but they do.

Week 7 can't get here fast enough so the PUP players will be available.
I hope Starks is everything TT thinks he is because right now the running
game sucks. If Al Harris can play effectively that will help too.

Tough one to take because of how it went down but the sun will come
up tomorrow and Sunday will be here before we know it!

denverYooper
09-27-2010, 11:28 PM
All that I can think of is Death by 1000 paper cuts.

jmbarnes101
09-27-2010, 11:30 PM

Don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. My dad before he passed, 5 years ago, was absolutely convinced the NFL was rigged. Too much money at stake. Having said that, we may have made some mistakes but those refs were horse manure. One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Between the punt return and the PI on Morgan they should all be fired, immediately.

I pity the poor Lions.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Bears are tough against the run. I actually think Kuhn should be the #1 RB with Jackson as the 3rd down back. No, that wouldn't scare anybody, but I think they'll be good enough. The run blocking was poor tonight, but give credit to the Bears for that.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
This offense can still thrive with a limited run game. A lot of the short throws replace good runs anyway.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
This offense can still thrive with a limited run game. A lot of the short throws replace good runs anyway.

See the Packers pre-1997.

retailguy
09-28-2010, 09:23 AM

there is no way in hell that excessive penalties are the GM's fault. My God TT gets blamed for everything on these boards.

MM was out coached last year in AZ by one of the best coaches in football, plain and simple. On paper we have one of the best teams in the league.

I didn't read the comments to be "blaming" Ted so much as talking about the shortcomings of the approach.

We don't have a lot of experience on special teams. When the bottom of your roster is extremely inexperienced, it can't be another way.

Ted isn't "to blame" for this loss, but he did select the players that play on special teams. However, McCarthy and staff are responsible for training them, and to me at least, that's where the blame for this game lies. Coaching, discipline and preparation. The Bears came ready to play. Some Packers came ready to play, but not all of them.

We've had these penalties for McCarthy's entire tenure. They disappear for brief periods from time to time, but they have never gone away.

pbmax
09-28-2010, 09:58 AM

See the Packers pre-1997.
But they can't survive bad field position, penalties and a lack of run game. Too much to overcome with a short to intermediate passing game. There were two drives that were picture perfect short pass play drives that died on penalties near the end.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Bears are tough against the run. I actually think Kuhn should be the #1 RB with Jackson as the 3rd down back. No, that wouldn't scare anybody, but I think they'll be good enough. The run blocking was poor tonight, but give credit to the Bears for that.I know the idea of a great white hope dominates your thoughts but in this case I believe your racism is correct. Might as well let the white man run the ball cuz he boulders it through defenders in a way BJ just cant. Making him the starting RB should also get about 98% of the redneck Pack fans off his back for the week.

mraynrand
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM

I didn't read the comments to be "blaming" Ted so much as talking about the shortcomings of the approach.

We don't have a lot of experience on special teams. When the bottom of your roster is extremely inexperienced, it can't be another way.

Ted isn't "to blame" for this loss, but he did select the players that play on special teams. However, McCarthy and staff are responsible for training them, and to me at least, that's where the blame for this game lies. Coaching, discipline and preparation. The Bears came ready to play. Some Packers came ready to play, but not all of them.

We've had these penalties for McCarthy's entire tenure. They disappear for brief periods from time to time, but they have never gone away.

I'd like to see you line up the special teams for various NFL squads an go through asking where the lack of experience resides. Packers have an (NFL) rookie punter, but where else is the inexperience. They have guys with multiyear ST experience out there - Chillar, Hawk, Bush (I know - he sucks so just let it go), etc. etc. Chillar slightly overran the coverage on the punt return for TD. Does he lack experience? I just assume you made up the lack of experience claim. If not, I'd really be interested to see the breakdown and where you think the inexperience cost them.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I'd like to see you line up the special teams for various NFL squads an go through asking where the lack of experience resides. Packers have an (NFL) rookie punter, but where else is the inexperience. They have guys with multiyear ST experience out there - Chillar, Hawk, Bush (I know - he sucks so just let it go), etc. etc. Chillar slightly overran the coverage on the punt return for TD. Does he lack experience? I just assume you made up the lack of experience claim. If not, I'd really be interested to see the breakdown and where you think the inexperience cost them.

Agreed.

retailguy
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM

For Pete's sake.

We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. The youngest players PLAY on Special teams. It is impossible for a 22 or 23 year old kid to be "experienced" in any sense of the word.

Your inability to comprehend more than ONE sentence at a time is staggering.

What do you suppose this statement meant?

However, McCarthy and staff are responsible for training them, and to me at least, that's where the blame for this game lies. Coaching, discipline and preparation. The Bears came ready to play. Some Packers came ready to play, but not all of them.

You make unsubstantiated statements all the time. If you want facts, go prove your own statements.

It's really time to let this petty drivel go, don't you think? :roll:

mraynrand
09-28-2010, 01:39 PM

For Pete's sake.

We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. The youngest players PLAY on Special teams. It is impossible for a 22 or 23 year old kid to be "experienced" in any sense of the word.

Your inability to comprehend more than ONE sentence at a time is staggering.

What do you suppose this statement meant?

However, McCarthy and staff are responsible for training them, and to me at least, that's where the blame for this game lies. Coaching, discipline and preparation. The Bears came ready to play. Some Packers came ready to play, but not all of them.

You make unsubstantiated statements all the time. If you want facts, go prove your own statements.

It's really time to let this petty drivel go, don't you think? :roll:

Who were the young guys who screwed up? Do we really play our youngest guys on teams? Why not address that?

I read the line about preparation. I let it go, because I didn't want to harass you, but since you bring it up, It's speculation and as such is an empty statement. Do you have any inside information about their preparation this week? Was it better or worse than previous weeks, or did they just play a team with better special teams?

Sure I make unsubstantiated points here and there. If you call me on them, I'll either try to support them or back down. What will you do?

Patler
09-28-2010, 02:01 PM
For Pete's sake.

Sorry, but orange does not equal apple.

For example, the Packers were the youngest team in the NFL last year, so people used that excuse/complaint for some of their play on O and D. Problem was, they were something like the 5th oldest in the NFC if you looked at average games started by their starters.

Guys like Poppinga, Chiller, Bishop, Donald Lee, Kuhn, Hall, Martin, Peprah and Bush play extensively on special teams. I believe Hawk was in on one of Hester's returns. Collins is in at times, too. These are not inexperienced players or inexperienced special teamers. The coverage teams are not made up primarily of the youngest guys on the team, although a young guy like Crabtree can sometimes make the team based on ST performance.

LEWCWA
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Bears are tough against the run. I actually think Kuhn should be the #1 RB with Jackson as the 3rd down back. No, that wouldn't scare anybody, but I think they'll be good enough. The run blocking was poor tonight, but give credit to the Bears for that.

I understand your thinking here, but damn MM doesn't even give the running game a chance. Jackson has to see some carries as the featured back, but it should be a 50/50 split...

mraynrand
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM

http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/processed/00192740.zoom.a.jpg

lod01
09-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Excellent use of Greg Jennings in the 2nd half. Top notch!!!! Assholes.

retailguy
09-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Who were the young guys who screwed up? Do we really play our youngest guys on teams? Why not address that?

I would think that a 37 yard line drive punt is a screw up. I would also think that Derrick Martin's decision to run his interception out of the end zone and get to the 10 yard line was also a screw up.

I didn't "address" those things because they were brought up multiple times today, and it wasn't necessary to make my point.

I read the line about preparation. I let it go, because I didn't want to harass you, but since you bring it up, It's speculation and as such is an empty statement. Do you have any inside information about their preparation this week? Was it better or worse than previous weeks, or did they just play a team with better special teams?

Do you think that "possibly" when I stated the following:

However, McCarthy and staff are responsible for training them, and to me at least, that's where the blame for this game lies.

I was referring to McCarthy's job responsibility and MY FUCKING OPINION as to where the blame lays?

As I stated earlier, you seem to be struggling with comprehending simple sentences today.

Sure I make unsubstantiated points here and there. If you call me on them, I'll either try to support them or back down. What will you do?

What I'll do is stand on what I actually said rather than your pathetic attempts to interpret what was printed on the screen.

I said two things,

1 - Ted picks the players that are on special teams, and that I didn't read the earlier quote to be bashing him specifically but merely that poster questioning the success of the young approach,

and

2 - McCarthy's job is to train the players that Thompson picks to be on the team, and that it was my viewpoint that he failed this week as special teams stunk.

Both of those things contain both facts and my opinion.

If you don't like it, don't read it. If you do read it, please put forth some effort in discerning what I said instead of what you wanted it to say.

channtheman
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Jesus Retail. I don't know the history between you and anybody else but the way you handle someone misinterpreting what you actually meant is fucking pathetic.

mraynrand
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM

I would think that a 37 yard line drive punt is a screw up. I would also think that Derrick Martin's decision to run his interception out of the end zone and get to the 10 yard line was also a screw up.

I didn't "address" those things because they were brought up multiple times today, and it wasn't necessary to make my point.

Do you think that "possibly" when I stated the following:

However, McCarthy and staff are responsible for training them, and to me at least, that's where the blame for this game lies.

I was referring to McCarthy's job responsibility and MY FUCKING OPINION as to where the blame lays?

As I stated earlier, you seem to be struggling with comprehending simple sentences today.

What I'll do is stand on what I actually said rather than your pathetic attempts to interpret what was printed on the screen.

I said two things,

1 - Ted picks the players that are on special teams, and that I didn't read the earlier quote to be bashing him specifically but merely that poster questioning the success of the young approach,

and

2 - McCarthy's job is to train the players that Thompson picks to be on the team, and that it was my viewpoint that he failed this week as special teams stunk.

Both of those things contain both facts and my opinion.

If you don't like it, don't read it. If you do read it, please put forth some effort in discerning what I said instead of what you wanted it to say.

Martin's interception wasn't on special teams. He isn't inexperienced. A lot of defensive backs run INTs out of the endzone, with mixed success.

you wrote:

that's what I was responding to. I should have responded like Patler. I will do so now: I think this is incorrect. There is considerable experience on special teams for the Packers and as far as I can tell, they made three mistakes on teams - the line drive punt, the out of bounds kick by Crosby, and allowing the TD return. I don't think any of thee were due to inexperience or necessarily lack of preparation, but due to physical errors. That has nothing to do with Thompson's strategy - there appears - at least this year - to be no youth movement on teams. Perhaps your words mean something else, but I responded to what was there.