PDA

View Full Version : Chilly is a total moron

mraynrand
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
OK, so the Vikings are up by 14 points with less than 6 minutes left, AP has as much yardage as the Lions, and your starting center is out. The game has been spotted with cheap shots and the Lion's nerves are on edge with personal fouls all over the place. Favre is 40 going on 55 and getting his ass handed to him, so what does Chilly do? Dial up Da Bomb! Favre gets clocked twice. Twice. Don't run the clock, don't protect your ancient QB. Then they get the ball back, so what does he do? - run Peterson, who wrenches his leg. So what does he do - run him again - out of bounds. No clock run, puts RB at risk too. Geezus what a moron. Seriously, I'm really glad he's Minnesota's coach. The guy is a total fool.

Smidgeon
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
OK, so the Vikings are up by 14 points with less than 6 minutes left, AP has as much yardage as the Lions, and your starting center is out. The game has been spotted with cheap shots and the Lion's nerves are on edge with personal fouls all over the place. Favre is 40 going on 55 and getting his ass handed to him, so what does Chilly do? Dial up Da Bomb! Favre gets clocked twice. Twice. Don't run the clock, don't protect your ancient QB. Then they get the ball back, so what does he do? - run Peterson, who wrenches his leg. So what does he do - run him again - out of bounds. No clock run, puts RB at risk too. Geezus what a moron. Seriously, I'm really glad he's Minnesota's coach. The guy is a total fool.

+infinity to Minnesota keeping him in town and not letting him board the plane to Green Bay.

HowardRoark
09-26-2010, 09:52 PM
It's a kick-ass offense.

ND72
09-26-2010, 09:53 PM

He does just some stupid stuff, no question.

swede
09-26-2010, 09:55 PM
It's a drag for Chilly to address these cross critics dressing him down, and even though skirting the issue may allow him to slip through another week or two, he still has to make up for two losses.

Tony Oday
09-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I love him as Minnesotas head coach.

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2010, 10:45 PM

I agree about leaving Peterson in the game, but I doubt the two deep bombs were his call. Remember when Favre audibled to the deep bomb late vs. the Packers last year. I have a feeling Brett did the same... trying to get a spark and pad his stats. He dinked and dunked the entire game until then. Chilly has no control over Peterson running out of bounds. Dumb move by Peterson.

Pugger
09-27-2010, 12:15 AM
It's a drag for Chilly to address these cross critics dressing him down, and even though skirting the issue may allow him to slip through another week or two, he still has to make up for two losses.

:lol: :lol:

bobblehead
09-27-2010, 03:59 AM

I agree about leaving Peterson in the game, but I doubt the two deep bombs were his call. Remember when Favre audibled to the deep bomb late vs. the Packers last year. I have a feeling Brett did the same... trying to get a spark and pad his stats. He dinked and dunked the entire game until then. Chilly has no control over Peterson running out of bounds. Dumb move by Peterson.

I half agree...His players are dumb and selfish....but how much of that going on falls on the coach??

retailguy
09-27-2010, 08:29 AM

I half agree...His players are dumb and selfish....but how much of that going on falls on the coach??

I agree with Harvey's analysis and Bobblehead too, however, what I'll add is it's the "selfish players" and the "stat padders" the FIRST time it happens. It's the coaches fault after that. At this point, it's Chilly's face on the dartboard, because they've been down this road a few times before.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 10:44 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth

Various media outlets have suggested an "All-In" theme for the Vikings this season, given their core of aging veterans and the likelihood this is Favre's final season. That moniker is closer than you might realize. According to ESPN's Bob Holtzman, Vikings coach Brad Childress called a meeting of all veterans last Friday. Essentially, Childress told the group that their window of opportunity was closing and that many of them might not return after a presumed 2011 lockout. They needed to win now, Childress said, or not at all as currently constituted. The message was more statement of reality than it was a threat, but the meaning should hit home regardless.

mmmdk
09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm as tough as one gets on McCarthy but...

McCarthy > Childress

:pack:

Guiness
09-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Various media outlets have suggested an "All-In" theme for the Vikings this season, given their core of aging veterans and the likelihood this is Favre's final season. That moniker is closer than you might realize. According to ESPN's Bob Holtzman, Vikings coach Brad Childress called a meeting of all veterans last Friday. Essentially, Childress told the group that their window of opportunity was closing and that many of them might not return after a presumed 2011 lockout. They needed to win now, Childress said, or not at all as currently constituted. The message was more statement of reality than it was a threat, but the meaning should hit home regardless.

Dear lord, game 3 and already they're talking about Favre maybe retiring after the game :roll:

Fritz
09-27-2010, 01:16 PM

As I watched all the dinking and dunking by Minny in the game, I wondered how long Favre would keep his patience. So when the bombs started flying I did wonder if that was his doing.

Chilly was a better coach last year!

LP
09-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I think Childress is an excellent coach for the Vikings, and should be given a lifetime contract extension. :twisted:

Smidgeon
09-27-2010, 01:43 PM

Dear lord, game 3 and already they're talking about Favre maybe retiring after the game :roll:

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=536577&highlight=#536577

Pugger
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I think Childress is an excellent coach for the Vikings, and should be given a lifetime contract extension. :twisted:

:bclap:

Tony Oday
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM

:bclap: :worship: