PDA

View Full Version : Where did the "G" go in the logo?

Badgepack
08-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Does this mean we can use the logo for shirts?

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Can we have the shadow back under Zeke? (if it's not too much bother)

MadtownPacker
08-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I read up on this after it was brought up in another thread and it was infringement. I will find out what it takes to get it fair and square.

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Damn. I worked hard on him. I guess my jeans have waited this long... :smile:

mraynrand
08-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I read up on this after it was brought up in another thread and it was infringement. I will find out what it takes to get it fair and square.

That's weird mad - There's this little guy and his wife that make Packer centerpieces and statues out of wood. They have licencing to color it green and gold and put a 'G' on their stuff, but they can't use player numbers. I painted in a '4' after we got an arrangement as a gift. I guess if you have the '4' without the Packer designation, there's no harm. but I think putting the '4' on anything clearly marked as 'packer gear' adds a steep cost to the licencing (and/or it infringes on the licencing rights purchased by someone else).

MadtownPacker
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
That's weird mad - There's this little guy and his wife that make Packer centerpieces and statues out of wood. They have licencing to color it green and gold and put a 'G' on their stuff, but they can't use player numbers. I painted in a '4' after we got an arrangement as a gift. I guess if you have the '4' without the Packer designation, there's no harm. but I think putting the '4' on anything clearly marked as 'packer gear' adds a steep cost to the licencing (and/or it infringes on the licencing rights purchased by someone else).So they had to get permission for using the logo right?

GBRulz
08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
mad, I really think that you do need permission to tie it in with the logo.

William Henderson is in alot of commercials for Time Warner Cable. on the billboards, it says William Henderson Green Bay #33. They are not licensed to use the packers name or logo in any way.

I've also seen ads for various products that the players may endorse... none of them have the "G" or the word Packers in any of them.

Mad, drop an email to the packers public relations dept. Heck, while you're at it, inquire about press passes, too !!

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Jason Wied is the guy to call about that. I also got bored and found out that you really need to reach NFL Properties and not the Packers, but I think you're right about the word Packers and logo.

mraynrand
08-04-2006, 10:55 PM
So they had to get permission for using the logo right?

That's right. So GBRulz (Michele?) must also be in violation with her Packer 'G' wearing Bumble - unless the guys who made it were got licencing to freely distribute, yada, yada, yada - I feel like a patent lawyer (lawyer Joe? auuugh I feel unclean!! - helllllp meeee!!!!!)

GBRulz
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
So they had to get permission for using the logo right?

That's right. So GBRulz (Michele?) must also be in violation with her Packer 'G' wearing Bumble - unless the guys who made it were got licencing to freely distribute, yada, yada, yada - I feel like a patent lawyer (lawyer Joe? auuugh I feel unclean!! - helllllp meeee!!!!!)

Technically, you are right. Many of us are in violation here, but until they send the avatar police out looking for us, I think we're safe!