PDA

View Full Version : MISTAKES

packer4life
09-27-2010, 10:56 PM
too lazy, but also way too curious to not ask the following question:

play-by-play, how many mistakes occurred resulting in a change from a positive play to a negative play.

Example: finley makes a stunning grab in traffic on a 30yd pass, but zombo helmets cutler losing the 7 points.

Thanks in advance if anyone has the patience and heart to dissect this disgusting loss.

sheepshead
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Its on the head coach. This has gone on too long.

PackerTimer
09-27-2010, 11:02 PM
too lazy, but also way too curious to not ask the following question:

play-by-play, how many mistakes occurred resulting in a change from a positive play to a negative play.

Example: finley makes a stunning grab in traffic on a 30yd pass, but zombo helmets cutler losing the 7 points.

Thanks in advance if anyone has the patience and heart to dissect this disgusting loss.

I posted this in the game thread but this is at least a few plays.

A holding call wiped a TD off the board to Finley. 7 points.

Barnett's INT was called back. Chicago kicked a field goal to tie. 3 points

Woodson dropped a pick and Collins has a pick wiped off on pass interference. Chicago kicks the game winning field goal. 3 more points.

If we even eliminate one of those penalties we win the game. We could have gotten away with 16. :roll:

Little Whiskey
09-27-2010, 11:09 PM
so with the penalty on the last kick return (for illegal forward pass) did the packers set the record for the most penalties in a game? at least they won somthing tonight!

Packgator
09-27-2010, 11:09 PM
so with the penalty on the last kick return (for illegal forward pass) did the packers set the record for the most penalties in a game? at least they won somthing tonight!

Declined?

PackerTimer
09-27-2010, 11:11 PM
I thought Rodgers played an outstanding game given how many terrible down and distance situations he was put in with various penalties.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Not impressed with Clifton, Tauscher or Colledge tonight.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Bulaga's time is closer.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Zombo's penalty on Cutler was huge, but other than that, he represented OK I thought.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM
wrong thread. sorry guys.

Little Whiskey
09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Zombo's penalty on Cutler was huge, but other than that, he represented OK I thought.

I thought it was a questionable call. i don't think the roughing the passer was called evenly tonight.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Bulaga's time is closer.

We all thought Bulaga would replace Colledge. Then, it was Clifton. Now, I'm just hoping those two stay healthy, so Bulaga can replace Dough Boy. As average as they were, Tauscher was the goat. He was awful.

Smidgeon
09-27-2010, 11:21 PM

I thought it was a questionable call. i don't think the roughing the passer was called evenly tonight.

+1

CaliforniaCheez
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM
You could blame James Jones careless fumble

Or you could blame Frank Zombo and his high hit.

Or DB's for failing to hang on to INT's

Or Bulaga and Sitton for letting Peppers block a chip shot FG.

Or the coverage teams that could not stay in their lanes and contain Hester.

Or the coaching staff for never seeming to take the Bears seriously.

Mike McCarthy will say "We're gonna fix it."
He may be saying it 10 years from now and believe it
We're gonna fix it.

denverYooper
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM

Helmet to head tho. That gets it ev'ry time.

Little Whiskey
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM

should he have dove at his knees?

channtheman
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM

We're gonna fix it.

Seriously, we reserver our shittiest games for the fucking Bears of all teams, and no one is more shitty against them than James fucking Jones. I believe it was 2007 the shit had two fumbles in the first quarter?

vince
09-27-2010, 11:25 PM
I thought the call on Zombo was legit. There were a bunch of others that I thought were bullshit, but Zombo has got to learn to get lower and not lead with the helmet in that situation. The league's been cracking down on that for a few years now. I don't really like it either, but its for the safety of the players.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I thought the call on Zombo was legit. There were a bunch of others that I thought were bullshit, but Zombo has got to learn to get lower and not lead with the helmet in that situation. The league is cracking down on that for a few years now. I don't really like it either, but its for the safety of the players.

Agreed. Actually, a majority of the calls were legit. We were sloppy (coaches included), and we deserved to lose. However, I felt like the more talented team lost tonight. Would have been a huge win, but I think we take this division in the end.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I thought the call on Zombo was legit. There were a bunch of others that I thought were bullshit, but Zombo has got to learn to get lower and not lead with the helmet in that situation. The league is cracking down on that for a few years now. I don't really like it either, but its for the safety of the players.

Agreed. Actually, a majority of the calls were legit. We were sloppy (coaches included), and we deserved to lose. However, I felt like the more talented team lost tonight. Would have been a huge win, but I think we take this division in the end.
The voice of reason. You make this place is the best around IMO.

denverYooper
09-27-2010, 11:38 PM

Yep. Penalties on us were not made up. I thought the Burnett call in another game may not have happened but we were so sloppy up to that point that became almost automatic.

ThunderDan
09-27-2010, 11:39 PM

Unlesss it's Briggs on Nelson!

denverYooper
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
At the neighbor's house, we were talking about the unnecessary roughness called on Collins(?) with the Hester tackle. It looked like a top rate acting job by Hester, kicking his leg up and taking a dive. No real UR there but Hester sure sold the hell out of it.

packerbacker1234
09-27-2010, 11:43 PM

should he have dove at his knees?

No, that's pretty illegal too. The only "legit" spot to nail the QB is right in the chest area.

gbgary
09-27-2010, 11:43 PM
everyone made mistakes tonight.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Yep. Penalties on us were not made up. I thought the Burnett call in another game may not have happened but we were so sloppy up to that point that became almost automatic.
I thought the holding call that negated the Finley touchdown was ticky-tack.

mission
09-27-2010, 11:48 PM

And really having no effect on the outcome of the play.

Freak Out
09-27-2010, 11:48 PM
That was painful to watch...what the hell was it again..? 15 or 16 penalties? You really cant do that against anybody and have a good chance of winning.....even against the Bears who outside of Hesters return didn't really look scary at all.

Fucking joke.

Iron Mike
09-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Fucking joke.

OK, so two dyslexics walk into a bra.....

Freak Out
09-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Fucking joke.

OK, so two dyslexics walk into a bra.....

:)

packer4life
09-27-2010, 11:58 PM
thanks for the input. this team is showing flashes of true brilliance in between all the trash. There were certain plays both on offense and defense that were complete dominance. During those plays, you realize we got something special. We had to do everything possible to lose this game, that was the only way we were going to lose. We are stacked with playmakers; look at the bears, they have a fair amount, but i would bet our guys beat their guys 8 times out of 10. This game was a fluke. We are still winning this division. We are still riding far in the playoffs. (But for christ sake, clean it up!)

Freak Out
09-28-2010, 12:05 AM
thanks for the input. this team is showing flashes of true brilliance in between all the trash. There were certain plays both on offense and defense that were complete dominance. During those plays, you realize we got something special. We had to do everything possible to lose this game, that was the only way we were going to lose. We are stacked with playmakers; look at the bears, they have a fair amount, but i would bet our guys beat their guys 8 times out of 10. This game was a fluke. We are still winning this division. We are still riding far in the playoffs. (But for christ sake, clean it up!)

Hopefully we got the horrible game out of the system for this season..... because we stunk it up bad. We should have beat the Bears easily......but that's why you play the games.....

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2010, 07:46 AM
We made our mistakes, but the bears did too. The only difference is the mistakes we made received flag after flag, while the ones made by the bears deserving of flags got nothing but applause from the fan-officials.

Joemailman
09-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Barnett's INT was called back. Chicago kicked a field goal to tie. 3 points

Actually likely 6-10 points because Barnett's INT would have put the Packers in field goal position.

Fritz
09-28-2010, 08:03 PM

Take it in the rear end? That's how it looked last night!

vince
09-28-2010, 09:33 PM
So I was perusing through an old game program from 1947 and just happened to stumble into this. Here's how long it's been since a team has committed as many penalties in a Packer game as the Packers did last night. The Brooklyn team committed 17 penalties on this day in 1945. That record stood for 65 years until last night.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/twernke/Packers/PPR-1947-10-26W.jpg

Pugger
09-29-2010, 01:35 AM

Both roughing the passer calls were legit and I'll even go so far as to say the borderline one was the one delivered to ARod, and Rodgers has been the recipient of his fair share of nasty hits in his career so far. Now if we want to discuss holding calls and how they were distributed...

Pugger
09-29-2010, 01:37 AM

We're gonna fix it.

Seriously, we reserver our shittiest games for the fucking Bears of all teams, and no one is more shitty against them than James fucking Jones. I believe it was 2007 the shit had two fumbles in the first quarter?

Yup. :evil:

Pugger
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
At the neighbor's house, we were talking about the unnecessary roughness called on Collins(?) with the Hester tackle. It looked like a top rate acting job by Hester, kicking his leg up and taking a dive. No real UR there but Hester sure sold the hell out of it.

Collins was in the wrong here. I could clearly hear a whistle even tho Hester was not on the ground. Once the ref blew the whistle the play is over.

Pugger
09-29-2010, 01:41 AM

Unfortunately Mark had Peppers jersey for all the world to see. :(

Pugger
09-29-2010, 01:45 AM

I think the bares played about as well as they can play Monday night and won only because we screwed up. Even with all of our gaffs we still had a chance to win until that doofas Jones got stripped again against the bares. When we didn't mess up they had no answer for our passing attack and we could move the ball at will when we took our heads out of our fannies and played sound football.