PDA

View Full Version : ARod

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Kudos to Aaron Rodgers! With the pressure allowed by the OL and the bad spots the team put you in, you played a hell of a game young man.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Arod started out like a surgeon and kept it up all night.

That laser to Jennings in the end zone was a thing of beauty, as were a few of his throws down the seam to Finley over defenders.

His arm, decision-making and accuracy are absolutely elite. Bodes very well for the future.

digitaldean
Amen to that, Harv.

Virtually everyone except our center had a penalty tonight. Tausch and Cliffy looked flat out old. Colledge was reverting back to his old self.

Both he and Finley deserve kudos for carrying that offense.

mission
Absolute superhero.

I don't give a shit about someone saying "HE DIDNT MAKE IT HAPPEN". Most teams provide at least a small amount of support when their stud QB is doing what stud QBs do.

Unbelievable performance and lack of discipline tonight by those around him.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Amen to that, Harv.

Virtually everyone except our center had a penalty tonight. Tausch and Cliffy looked flat out old. Colledge was reverting back to his old self.

Both he and Finley deserve kudos for carrying that offense.

I actually thought Clifton turned it around after a bad start. The problem is that all the OL were average at best, and Tauscher was horrible. Sitton even had a rough game, for him.

MadtownPacker
09-27-2010, 11:29 PM
He clearly outplayed cutler tonight but a few huge drops by his WRs at crucial points hurt. Like the bomb Jennings should have had. As it is he had to say to hell with it and run in that last TD. Great performance by Rodgers nothing to feel bad about.

Packgator
09-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Sitton even had a rough game, for him.

On offense or defense?

mraynrand
09-27-2010, 11:37 PM

That laser to Jennings in the end zone was a thing of beauty, as were a few of his throws down the seam to Finley over defenders.

His arm, decision-making and accuracy are absolutely elite. Bodes very well for the future.

This is the future. Sixth year in the league. Anything can happen. But I think he's playing as well as any QB in the league. Top 2 or 3. People around him need to make more plays. he put that ball right in Jennings' mitts on the bomb. That was a huge drop.

vince
09-27-2010, 11:41 PM

This is the future. Sixth year in the league. Anything can happen. But I think he's playing as well as any QB in the league. Top 2 or 3. People around him need to make more plays. he put that ball right in Jennings' mitts on the bomb. That was a huge drop.
They're contend now I agree, but Rodgers should have a minimum of 8 more years of great play in him. He'll keep the Packers in contention for greatness for a long time.

Packgator
09-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Kudos to Aaron Rodgers!.....you played a hell of a game young man.

He sure did!

Iron Mike
09-27-2010, 11:49 PM
He clearly outplayed cutler tonight.

And just think....we didn't have to give up multiple draft picks to get him. :P

packerbacker1234
09-27-2010, 11:52 PM
The only issue I have with him tonight, and it's not really even a bad problem, is going to the dump off a bit too soon at times. At certain points he had to due to pressure, but other times I felt he could of held on a tad longer. The protection, honestly, wasn't THAT horrible tonight. He did have decent time in the pocket.

The problem I had was our clock eating play calling. We're a passing offense. We should eb driving up and down the field in a matter of 3 or 4 minutes, not 9 minute dink and dunk crap because were too afraid to run the ball instead. Give the ball to Kuhn - he moves the pile.

mission
09-27-2010, 11:53 PM
The only issue I have with him tonight, and it's not really even a bad problem, is going to the dump off a bit too soon at times. At certain points he had to due to pressure, but other times I felt he could of held on a tad longer. The protection, honestly, wasn't THAT horrible tonight. He did have decent time in the pocket.

The problem I had was our clock eating play calling. We're a passing offense. We should eb driving up and down the field in a matter of 3 or 4 minutes, not 9 minute dink and dunk crap because were too afraid to run the ball instead. Give the ball to Kuhn - he moves the pile.

I think it was really the gameplan tonight. Sure seemed that way. If not, then you have a valid point. By design I assumed.

Smidgeon
09-27-2010, 11:57 PM

I think it was really the gameplan tonight. Sure seemed that way. If not, then you have a valid point. By design I assumed.

I actually kind of liked that. Those plays very often gained about seven to eleven yards. I thought they were taking what was there. Jackson would catch the ball and have room to run.

packerbacker1234
09-27-2010, 11:57 PM

Better question is if that was the gameplan... WHY. Were a HIGH OCTANE offense with a piss load of weapons. That gameplan, essentially, nullfies the weapons and limits the amount of points YOU will score. You only play that sort of gameplan when facing OTHER high octane offenses - IE the colts/saints. Not against the bears... that shows a complete lack of confidence in your defense... and as was shown... cutler was still throwing it up for grabs. Chances are if we bust nuts and drop 28 or so points, cutler presses and throws 3 picks.

Smidgeon
09-27-2010, 11:59 PM

Better question is if that was the gameplan... WHY. Were a HIGH OCTANE offense with a piss load of weapons. That gameplan, essentially, nullfies the weapons and limits the amount of points YOU will score. You only play that sort of gameplan when facing OTHER high octane offenses - IE the colts/saints. Not against the bears... that shows a complete lack of confidence in your defense... and as was shown... cutler was still throwing it up for grabs. Chances are if we bust nuts and drop 28 or so points, cutler presses and throws 3 picks.

But if they were playing deep Cover 2 and running the MLB back down the seam, the open area is up front...

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Better question is if that was the gameplan... WHY.

Because our OL played poorly. Did you want ARod to get killed tonight?

mission
09-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Better question is if that was the gameplan... WHY.

Because our OL played poorly. Did you want ARod to get killed tonight?

I thought it was a good strategy to keep Martz' offense off the field without a running game. Seemed very effective. Even half those penalties and we win by 10+ in a hard fought game.

denverYooper
09-28-2010, 12:05 AM

I thought that was smart. Bjack stayed in for a couple ticks to check on a blitz and then released. If there was a blitz, he picks up the blitzer and if not he was moving the chains.

Cutler threw like 4 picks. Unfortunately 2 were wiped out and another was dropped.

Freak Out
09-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Arod played a hell of a game all things considered and the offensive gameplan was sound.....as Harvey said we broke out the big guns and shot our toes off.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2010, 12:09 AM
I did think we should have gone over the top once we got around the 30 yard line once or twice. Against that scheme, it gets hard to score once you get inside the 10-15 yard line. I thought taking a shot from about the 20-25 yard line should have been an option at least once (flag, post, deep slant, seam, or whatever floats your boat). Of course, on the drive I bitched about this, ARod ended up running for a TD.