PDA

View Full Version : Packers Running Game

Smidgeon
09-27-2010, 11:55 PM
How about that running game! In the first two games, the Bears hadn't allowed a run longer than 8 yards. In this game alone, they game up longs of eleven, seventeen, and eighteen by Jackson, Rodgers, and Kuhn.

That's gotta count for something.

pbmax
09-28-2010, 07:58 AM
The radio guys mentioned something worth repeating. Chicago's D differed from typical versus the Packers in that they played Tampa 2 a lot on first and second down. Usually its their 3rd down defense. You could see the result of this in the Packer passing game when there were not many shots taken deep. Bear pressure, if not sacks, may also have prevented some throws/calls.

If true, that may be reason enough to overpay for someone like Lynch, if he is actually available. I doubt there is much out there as good as this guy, and its not even a sure thing he is available.

Throwing short to intermediate routes obviously worked to move the ball But without the big play, the Packers seemed to collect penalties before the drive could be completed. And all but one drive seemed 80 yards long.

Better special teams play or less penalties could make this a non issue, but they have to solve one of these three problems or the offense is going to stall against good defenses.

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2010, 08:13 AM
What are the rules regarding Nance? Are we required to keep him on the 53 for the rest of the season because we plucked him off a practice squad?

I think the idea to grab lynch is a good one. I also like seeing BJack more involved in the game because he is secure in the passing game and blocks well.

retailguy
09-28-2010, 08:54 AM
What are the rules regarding Nance? Are we required to keep him on the 53 for the rest of the season because we plucked him off a practice squad?

I think the idea to grab lynch is a good one. I also like seeing BJack more involved in the game because he is secure in the passing game and blocks well.

You have to keep Nance on the roster for 3 games.

I disagree on Lynch. It isn't worth it, and Buffalo doesn't want a deal. This ought to be a dead horse by now.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
http://www.wsbtv.com/2005/0526/4536739_320X240.jpg

MadtownPacker
09-28-2010, 10:19 AM
"That's how a white man runs the football!"

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Offensive line was trash yesterday. Running backs ARE trash. This team is not as good as I thought they were. I expected the o-line to be a lot better this year, I was wrong.

If we don't trade for a running back we are not going to the super bowl this year.

mraynrand
09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Offensive line was trash yesterday. Running backs ARE trash. This team is not as good as I thought they were. I expected the o-line to be a lot better this year, I was wrong.

If we don't trade for a running back we are not going to the super bowl this year.

:?: If the line sucks, why blow picks or players on a running back?

imscott72
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM

This team is good. The OL is a notch below what I thought they'd be, but with Bulaga in there they will stabilize.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
On the plus side, as RG likes to point out, the OL starts off slow EVERY YEAR before picking it up over the course of the second half. Hopefully, they can get by Detroit, Washington, and Miami the next three weeks--and got the OL going by the time they play the Vikings.

"You are never as bad as you look when you lose and you are never as good as you look when you win."