PDA

View Full Version : Nick Collins attacks a fan...

DannoMac21
09-28-2010, 12:36 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39393121/ns/sports-player_news/

Christ..

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Packers FS Nick Collins was seen throwing an unknown object at a Bears' fan while leaving the field following the Packers' 20-17 loss.

Fox 6 Sports Milwaukee is reporting that Collins' was provoked by a fan who spat his way and called him a racist expletive, promoting Collins to "go crazy" and "attack". The station reportedly has video of the incident that can't be shown until Tuesday due to NFL guidelines. Stay tuned for more.

Noodle
09-28-2010, 01:26 AM
If he got spat on and called the n word, and that's a big if, then I say good for him. People bring their Internet bad habits out in public and expect to be protected from the natural consequences thereof.

No man should have to tolerate being spit on. He's paid to play a game, not to being subjected to that kind of crap.

bobblehead
09-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Sadly, words, even something vile is freedom of speech and guys like collins should turn the other cheek....but if the dude spit on him NC should be able to have a security guard arrest him and have him tested for every possible pathogen he could be spreading. Its akin to a physical assault.

vince
09-28-2010, 05:44 AM
You can't justify it, but you can understand it.

Hopefully he just gets fined.

Smidgeon
09-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Sadly, words, even something vile is freedom of speech and guys like collins should turn the other cheek....but if the dude spit on him NC should be able to have a security guard arrest him and have him tested for every possible pathogen he could be spreading. Its akin to a physical assault.

A purposeful personal slur does not fall under freedom of speech. It falls under slander and defamation of character and in extreme cases can lead to someone being sued.

retailguy
09-28-2010, 09:11 AM
If he got spat on and called the n word, and that's a big if, then I say good for him. People bring their Internet bad habits out in public and expect to be protected from the natural consequences thereof.

No man should have to tolerate being spit on. He's paid to play a game, not to being subjected to that kind of crap.

Well said. I agree.

But, lately, that's not the way the world works. I expect him to be fined/suspended, and the idiot in the stands to be all over the news shows.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2010, 09:50 AM

A purposeful personal slur does not fall under freedom of speech. It falls under slander and defamation of character and in extreme cases can lead to someone being sued.I dont know if youre some legal beagle type but if I call you a stupid fucking cracka azz you believe you can sue me? I doubt name calling qualifies as slander,

Collins fucked up bad if this is as ugly as it sounds. The commish aint gonna look kindly on attacking his customers. Bad move by Collins cuz now a suspension is likely in his future.

Little Whiskey
09-28-2010, 09:52 AM
maybe he was giving him an autograph and he threw the pen back to the fan.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2010, 09:56 AM
maybe he was giving him an autograph and he threw the pen back to the fan.That's what Im fucking talking about!! Finally a smart whitey shows up. You got talent!

red
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM
great news

and i went to bed thinking this team couldn't be any more of an embarrassment then they were during the game

Little Whiskey
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM
maybe he was giving him an autograph and he threw the pen back to the fan.That's what Im fucking talking about!! Finally a smart whitey shows up. You got talent!

you better stfu before I throw one of those nick collin's pens at you!

MadtownPacker
09-28-2010, 10:21 AM
As long as yo dont call me a wetback or spic cuz then I can sue your ass according to Smideon.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
and i went to bed thinking this team couldn't be any more of an embarrassment then they were during the game

I think this is a bit harsh. If he got spat on and called the n-word, I wouldn't call him throwing his mouthguard at the guy an embarrassment. I have a hard time blaming the guy. I think the dude should got a punch in the kisser, so I think Collins went light on him.

Scott Campbell
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I think the Packers should fine Collins if he didn't hurt the Bear fan.

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I think the Packers should fine Collins if he didn't hurt the Bear fan.

Nice?

Is there a link to the video? (really hoping someone didn't post it above and some smartass posts a link to this exact thread!)

sharpe1027
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Unless he threw something inherently dangerous, why do we care? It is sad that the only way this fans actions are even mentioned is because people want to hang Collins out to dry. The story should be about the jackass fan, not Collins.

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Clefty investigations indicate it was athletic tape tossed at the fan. Given that players often toss tape, armbands, sweat socks, and jockstraps as mementos to the fans, it's more likely that the tape will end up as an item on barterquest.com, rather than as exhibit A in Collin's suspension/fine hearing.

Honestly, Clefty is getting put-off by this game. Penalties for things that back in the day used to be love taps and now 'fan altercations' that are mild compared to the fights that used to break out.

Lee Artoe would have smashed Collins in the face and Collins would have knocked his teeth out and broken his jaw, just like Ken Keuper.

If Ed Sprinkle were alive, he'd be rolling his eyes. :roll:

Pugger
09-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Somehow I'm not surprised some moronic bare fan spat and called Collins a N. Unfortunately I fear Collins is gonna get the worst of this with a fine at best and/or a suspension at worst.

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
If it's just the tape throwing, it's unlikely there will be a suspension. A helmet throwing incident only drew a 10K fine recently (Clefty doesn't recall the player/team).

imscott72
09-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Clefty investigations indicate it was athletic tape tossed at the fan. Given that players often toss tape, armbands, sweat socks, and jockstraps as mementos to the fans, it's more likely that the tape will end up as an item on barterquest.com, rather than as exhibit A in Collin's suspension/fine hearing.

Honestly, Clefty is getting put-off by this game. Penalties for things that back in the day used to be love taps and now 'fan altercations' that are mild compared to the fights that used to break out.

Lee Artoe would have smashed Collins in the face and Collins would have knocked his teeth out and broken his jaw, just like Ken Keuper.

You know how things are these days. The fan will probably file a lawsuit on Collins for mental anguish. :roll:

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Why isn't there more of an emphasis in increasing the effectiveness of players' equipment and less rule changing to soften the game? There has obviously been some enhancement to equipment, but if it's not quality enough to take a shot standing up, there needs to be some work done.

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2010, 11:52 AM

Why isn't there more of an emphasis in increasing the effectiveness of players' equipment and less rule changing to soften the game? There has obviously been some enhancement to equipment, but if it's not quality enough to take a shot standing up, there needs to be some work done.

To be fair, Clefty understands the impact (no pun intended) of what happened to a guy like Pittsburgh center Mike Webster, Tomahawk native. Homeless, indebted, with frontal lobe damage and dying at 50 of a heart attack, he was/is the poster boy for the effects of hard-hitting in the NFL. Al Toon is another with the effects of concussions. There's really not all that much you can do to prevent concussions. You need to dampen the impact, but you just can't make a helmet big enough with enough padding to slow down the impact so that the brain doesn't move in the skull. It's an inherently dangerous sport, and there's not much you can do about it, but the NFL is really trying to do everything that's possible.

ThunderDan
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
If Jacobs can throw his helmet into the fans and only get fined there is no way NC will get suspended for throwing tape at someone who spit at him.

Packgator
09-28-2010, 12:53 PM
"Nick Collins attacks a fan"

The use of the word "attack" in all the headlines seems a little dramatic. He did what he did (and we should know details soon enough) but when I saw the word attack I pictured him in the stands beating on someone. If he yelled at someone and threw his mouthpiece or tape.....will it still be considered an "attack"?

DannoMac21
09-28-2010, 01:37 PM

The use of the word "attack" in all the headlines seems a little dramatic. He did what he did (and we should know details soon enough) but when I saw the word attack I pictured him in the stands beating on someone. If he yelled at someone and threw his mouthpiece or tape.....will it still be considered an "attack"?

I used the word because that's the word that was used in the original publication.

promoting Collins to "go crazy" and "attack".

steve823
09-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Good for him, too bad he didn't hurt the fan. I don't care if he is a professional or not, that's pathetic what the low-life Bears fan did.

Scott Campbell
09-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Tape??????????????????????

Come on Nick. That's just embarrassing. There's all kinds of lethal objects laying around down there and you pick up a god damned roll of tape?

Packgator
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM

I used the word because that's the word that was used in the original publication.

I was referring to all the search results and headlines all over the internet. Didn't mean to imply you were the instigator.

DannoMac21
09-28-2010, 02:25 PM

I was referring to all the search results and headlines all over the internet. Didn't mean to imply you were the instigator.

My bad then :lol:

I assumed you did think that because you put the title of the thread in quotations. Didn't know if it referred to me. But I too think the word "attack" is a little much. Especially if it's a damn roll of tape.

Patler
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Several articles are saying it was his mouth guard that he threw.

sharpe1027
09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Several articles are saying it was his mouth guard that he threw.

The horror!!!

Noodle
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Tape??????????????????????

Come on Nick. That's just embarrassing. There's all kinds of lethal objects laying around down there and you pick up a god damned roll of tape?

Perfect.

Nobody gets the giggle going like the dudes on this board.

vince
09-29-2010, 07:09 AM
The station is restricted by the NFL from posting the video, so this appears to be the only footage available, and it'll probably be taken down soon. You have to crank up the volume to hear what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg9QPEsMS9k&feature=related

If that's all that happened, I'd say not much will come of this. Hard to blame Collins too much.

Patler
09-29-2010, 07:31 AM
The station is restricted by the NFL from posting the video, so this appears to be the only footage available, and it'll probably be taken down soon. You have to crank up the volume to hear what's going on.

If that's all that happened, I'd say not much will come of this. Hard to blame Collins too much.

Why didn't Collins just keep walking? There is no reason to engage a fan at an opposing stadium. Nothing good will ever come from it.

This is the side of sports that I hate. What prompts fans to take such a personal approach is beyond me. I hope the fan is identified and dealt with, too.

MichiganPackerFan
09-29-2010, 08:13 AM
I think the packers fan standing there should have grabbed his legs and toppled that asshole over the rail. Typical classless chicago fan (be it bears or cubs)

Bossman641
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM

Why didn't Collins just keep walking? There is no reason to engage a fan at an opposing stadium. Nothing good will ever come from it.

This is the side of sports that I hate. What prompts fans to take such a personal approach is beyond me. I hope the fan is identified and dealt with, too.

While I agree with you that Collins should have kept walking, I find nothing wrong with what Collins did. This wasn't about being upset over a loss or taking normal abuse from a fan. If the fans really did spit on him and use a racial slur, then they treated him as a lesser human being. Completely uncalled for and they are lucky all they got was a mouthguard thrown at them.

sharpe1027
09-29-2010, 05:10 PM

Because he's not perfect, but I don't expect him to be. This is not the best course of action, but it is within the realm of a reasonable response.

Let's not be unreasonable in our expectations here. Victims of personal attacks don't always make the "proper/best" responses. If guy punches you or someone you love in the face for no good reason, the "proper" response is to contact the police rather than take it into your own hands. I think most people would still find it reasonable to pop the guy back.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2010, 07:16 PM
NOT SHOCKING but Disheartening that this happens in 2010

Guess he didnt vote for Obama even though chicago native

not interested in getting into discussion but white folk need/should understand the intrinsic mistrust of white ppl by majority of black folk..i mean, its not like ONLY drunken, depraved fans still view the afrikan as inferior outside of athleticism

actually, even though i just said im not interested in dialogue about this nonsense i wold LOVE to hear what posters feel is the "rationale" for hatred, disregard, contempt etc towards black ppl by some whites??? long-held stereotypes, self-loathing, simple mean-spirit of some?

ive never understood what the africka has ever DONE TO the white man to elicit feelings of disdain; while black folk have historically sought "acceptance," liberation, or seperate identification

i can see fear of the malcolm x types but majority of my peeps pursued assimilation and peace ala MLK..

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

RashanGary
09-29-2010, 07:21 PM
I met Collins one day at a bar. He was really cool. He's one of my favorite Packers.

gbgary
09-29-2010, 08:34 PM
:clap: go nick go

Joemailman
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I met Collins one day at a bar. He was really cool. He's one of my favorite Packers.

Yeah, Ive seen him up close at training camp. Very jovial and great with the fans. I suspect his side of the story is true.

Airin' Rodgers
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM

not interested in getting into discussion but white folk need/should understand the intrinsic mistrust of white ppl by majority of black folk..i mean, its not like ONLY drunken, depraved fans still view the afrikan as inferior outside of athleticism

actually, even though i just said im not interested in dialogue about this nonsense i wold LOVE to hear what posters feel is the "rationale" for hatred, disregard, contempt etc towards black ppl by some whites??? long-held stereotypes, self-loathing, simple mean-spirit of some?

ive never understood what the africka has ever DONE TO the white man to elicit feelings of disdain; while black folk have historically sought "acceptance," liberation, or seperate identification

i can see fear of the malcolm x types but majority of my peeps pursued assimilation and peace ala MLK..

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

Not a racist myself, and I have black friends. But to pretend this goes one way is naive. There are plenty African-americans that hate white people.

That is all my take on it, I don't want to get into a race debate

mraynrand
09-29-2010, 09:53 PM

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

When will white trash crackers stop using racial epithets?

http://www.advocate.com/uploadedImages/DrLaura.jpg

"Uh-huh uh-huh, gi-gi gi-geyeah
Roc-a-Fella y'all, uh-huh uh-huh, Jigga
Timbaland shit, nine-eight BEYOTCH
Say what, say what? Uh-huh uh-huh, follow me beotch

Nigga what, nigga who?
Nigga what, nigga who?
Switcha flow, getcha dough
Can't fuck with this Roc-a-Fella shit doe
Can't fuck with this Roc-a-Fella shit doe"

______
I don't want a discussion. Really, I don't want a discussion. No I don't, No I don't I don't want a dizcuzzon!!
Dizguss Dis, yo
Disguss Dat, yo
Figgers I sez,
yo what de fuck up wit dat?

Standz in da tunnel
fuckin wit does boyaz
From da Green Bay
I say Yoyazzz
goan fuck yoself, Packerzz fanzzee
You be fined, yo fuckinz panzee!

Sheeat!!!

Packgator
09-29-2010, 11:56 PM

You are right Patler. It's an ugly side of sports that doesn't get enough attention. 99 times out of 100 Nick does keep walking. The same thing happens those other 99 times but no one hears a thing about it because the athlete keeps walking. I guess it's only news when the athlete responds.

That guy was probably doing it to all the Packers as they left the field. Possibly at halftime and before the game as well. Its almost become an accepted behavior. We hear things like "it's all part of the home field advantage".

Sports brings out crazy (and often bad) emotions in people. Look what it was like here (PackerRats) after the game Monday. There were some ugly comments made here about certain players and coaches..... and those comments were made by Packer fans. "MM is a this". "James Jones is a that." "Burnett is a this". "Crabtree is a that". ""TT is a #@*!". What if those who were saying those things here would have been standing at the tunnel the other night. Would they have been yelling those same things down at the Packers as they left the field? And if so......why?

It would make for an interesting study!

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 12:18 PM

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIrKtoHYPsE

This actually does go both ways my brother.

For the most part whites have dropped racial bias. When a few ignorant whites spoute off they are instantly ostracized and verbally beaten down by OTHER WHITES.

When blacks act like this man other blacks make excuses for him.

When I encounter a MAN I judge him on HIM. The color of his skin doesn't come into play. However, many black people think that I should give him a pass for some reason or another. I believe that is an insult to every black man that excels and thrives.

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 12:21 PM

You are right Patler. It's an ugly side of sports that doesn't get enough attention. 99 times out of 100 Nick does keep walking. The same thing happens those other 99 times but no one hears a thing about it because the athlete keeps walking. I guess it's only news when the athlete responds.

That guy was probably doing it to all the Packers as they left the field. Possibly at halftime and before the game as well. Its almost become an accepted behavior. We hear things like "it's all part of the home field advantage".

Sports brings out crazy (and often bad) emotions in people. Look what it was like here (PackerRats) after the game Monday. There were some ugly comments made here about certain players and coaches..... and those comments were made by Packer fans. "MM is a this". "James Jones is a that." "Burnett is a this". "Crabtree is a that". ""TT is a #@*!". What if those who were saying those things here would have been standing at the tunnel the other night. Would they have been yelling those same things down at the Packers as they left the field? And if so......why?

I disagree. If a Packer fan was yelling the N word down at another team in Lambeau I would bet dollars to donuts other fans would shout him down and tell him what a jack ass he is. I've seen it happen. I've done it myself.

Does it happen at all...sure, but I think 19 out of 20 times fans tell him to shut up.

sharpe1027
09-30-2010, 12:40 PM

For the most part whites have dropped racial bias. When a few ignorant whites spoute off they are instantly ostracized and verbally beaten down by OTHER WHITES.

When I encounter a MAN I judge him on HIM. The color of his skin doesn't come into play. However, many black people think that I should give him a pass for some reason or another. I believe that is an insult to every black man that excels and thrives.

So, you think blacks act a certain way and whites act in another way, yet you don't think that you judge people based upon the color of their skin. We would all like to think of ourselves as completely unbiased, but it isn't a simple issue.

Packgator
09-30-2010, 12:52 PM

I disagree. If a Packer fan was yelling the N word down at another team in Lambeau I would bet dollars to donuts other fans would shout him down and tell him what a jack ass he is. I've seen it happen. I've done it myself.

Does it happen at all...sure, but I think 19 out of 20 times fans tell him to shut up.

I wasn't including racial slurs in my take. One can be way out of line in a verbal assult without using racial slurs. I agree that a verbal attack using race would not be tolerated by most of those in the vicinity. An out of line personal attack (without racial slurs) shouldn't be either.

ThunderDan
09-30-2010, 02:22 PM

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

The funny thing to me is that black players helped Chicago win on Monday night. So is it really a black thing or a way to try and stick it to a Packer player who is black?

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 02:53 PM

So, you think blacks act a certain way and whites act in another way, yet you don't think that you judge people based upon the color of their skin. We would all like to think of ourselves as completely unbiased, but it isn't a simple issue.

Yes. I do think that. I KNOW that. I see it on a daily basis. I gave examples. I can do it over and over. When I point out factual information, you don't get the right to say that I "think" something, therefore I judge them on the color of their skin...it doesn't work that way. Its called cultural. It has nothing to do with skin color. Racism implies thinking a race is superior. Prejudice implies judging someone without facts. My comments had nothing to do with that. Making blanket ACCURATE stereotype statements is not racism. At the extreme ends of the bell curve black men are faster than white men. FACT!! Culturally in America Black people are more fond of watermelon. FACT!! Any given black man is faster than a white man and more fond of watermelon...FICTION!!

Our biggest problem with race right here, right now, is that while most whites have moved on, most blacks have not. that is cultural, nothing to do with skin color. 10 years ago, it was not that way. Blacks certainly have had unfair treatment throughout history in America. In today's America, not really. I know too many hard working African Americans that have excelled through all sorts of diversity.

A black man who wants to "kill cracker babies" was up on charges of voter intimidation. Video evidence had him dead to rights. No white man in a similar situation would have EVER had the charges dropped. Yet the AG of the USA has dropped the charges. This is CAUSING racial tension, not helping it. This is also an example of how a black AG and president have made a decision based on race rather than the merits of the case.

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

The funny thing to me is that black players helped Chicago win on Monday night. So is it really a black thing or a way to try and stick it to a Packer player who is black?

This is probably closest to the truth. I recall being in Philly for a Packer game and cheering the Pack as they went off the field. No racial slurs, but the vitriol and graphic language was astonishing to me, especially since it was a blow out win for Philly. I've been in a lot of lockerrooms and I had never heard some of the stuff those 'fans' were spewing. Fans that stick around to insult the other team already have several strikes against them - you've already self-selected for malcontents. What a collection of tools - especially Bears fans!

sharpe1027
09-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Yes. I do think that. I KNOW that. I see it on a daily basis. I gave examples. I can do it over and over. When I point out factual information, you don't get the right to say that I "think" something, therefore I judge them on the color of their skin...it doesn't work that way. Its called cultural. It has nothing to do with skin color. Racism implies thinking a race is superior. Prejudice implies judging someone without facts. My comments had nothing to do with that. Making blanket ACCURATE stereotype statements is not racism. At the extreme ends of the bell curve black men are faster than white men. FACT!! Culturally in America Black people are more fond of watermelon. FACT!! Any given black man is faster than a white man and more fond of watermelon...FICTION!!

Our biggest problem with race right here, right now, is that while most whites have moved on, most blacks have not. that is cultural, nothing to do with skin color. 10 years ago, it was not that way. Blacks certainly have had unfair treatment throughout history in America. In today's America, not really. I know too many hard working African Americans that have excelled through all sorts of diversity.

A black man who wants to "kill cracker babies" was up on charges of voter intimidation. Video evidence had him dead to rights. No white man in a similar situation would have EVER had the charges dropped. Yet the AG of the USA has dropped the charges. This is CAUSING racial tension, not helping it. This is also an example of how a black AG and president have made a decision based on race rather than the merits of the case.

I never called you racist. I simply repeated what you said, you found that offensive.

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2010, 03:16 PM
The problem with this country is that we can't have an honest discussion on race. I have no problem with bobblehead's post--yet he was made to feel like his statement was prejudicial (however, slightly). It was his observation. I've seen it myself. My wife's stepfather is black. He's over 60. He's a great guy, but I feel like he and his older, black buddies (and others that I know) have the Jesse Jackson "victim mentality" vibe in them--mixed with a bit of anger (Jim Brown). I can't fault them for that. I haven't walked in their shoes. However, at this point I'm not sure if that's a very productive attitude to have resonate through much of the black community. I'm sure it's hard to change though--after growing up in South Carolina (like my father-in-law) during the Civil Rights movement.

And I still think Collins should have punched the dude in the kisser. Good for him for being the better man.

sharpe1027
09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
The problem with this country is that we can't have an honest discussion on race. I have no problem with bobblehead's post--yet he was made to feel like his statement was prejudicial (however, slightly). It was his observation. I've seen it myself. My wife's stepfather is black. He's over 60. He's a great guy, but I feel like he and his older, black buddies (and others that I know) have the Jesse Jackson "victim mentality" vibe in them--mixed with a bit of anger (Jim Brown). I can't fault them for that. I haven't walked in their shoes. However, at this point I'm not sure if that's a very productive attitude to have resonate through much of the black community. I'm sure it's hard to change though--after growing up in South Carolina (like my father-in-law) during the Civil Rights movement.

And I still think Collins should have punched the dude in the kisser. Good for him for being the better man.

His statement is what it is. I am not trying to make it out to be any more or any less than what it is at face value .

I would just caution against making sweeping judgments about groups of people because of your observation of a few individuals.

Tarlam!
09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
OK, this is an outsiders view, but I have a couple of obvserations.

1) The afro american is far superior in sports than his african counterparts, except maybe marathons. Why? The breeding programmes during the slave times brd for performance.

2) There are places in America that you get beeaten to a pulp if you are white. I doubt that's true vice a versa.

3) It's OK for a black person to call another black person a Nigger, but wo be tid if a white person says it. And where the hell did Wigger come from anyways?

Like I said, I'm an outsider, just making a few observations.

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 04:37 PM

1) The afro american is far superior in sports than his african counterparts, except maybe marathons. Why? The breeding programmes during the slave times brd for performance.

2) There are places in America that you get beeaten to a pulp if you are white. I doubt that's true vice a versa.

3) It's OK for a black person to call another black person a Nigger, but wo be tid if a white person says it. And where the hell did Wigger come from anyways?

Ouch.

This guy scares me:

http://www.crossfitfeelgood.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/cjwr1.jpg

this guy, not so much:

http://www.utrecsports.org/_images/2DSC_0201.jpg

These folks have zero athletic ability:

http://accounting.careeredublogs.com/files/2010/02/CPA.jpg

Joemailman
09-30-2010, 04:57 PM
:jack: :bs2:

So, is the league going to do anything to Nick? Did the league do anything to Vick when he flipped off the Atlanta crowd a few years ago? I can't remember. I suppose a fine is possible.

Brandon494
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM

sad but true

Ever heard of the LAPD? :lol:

Seriously it works both ways man, you walk into the wrong neighbor black or white and you'll get beaten. Whites know not to go to a certain neighborhood after it gets dark just like blacks know places down south not to go after it gets dark.

First of all its Nigga, not nigger. Secondly when a black person says it to another black person its not in a demeaning way.

For example if one fat person calls another fat person a fat fuck you think he'll take it the same way as if a skinny person called him that?

Brandon494
09-30-2010, 05:36 PM

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

I hear this a lot and I just want to understand....

Exactly what is it that these black people want you to give them a pass on?

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Here's a place I wouldn't go after dark (not even with Riddick):

http://www.space.com/images/h_in_pitchblack_alien_03.jpg

Brandon494
09-30-2010, 05:53 PM

I never did get that sterotype about watermelon. I've never met anyone white or black who didn't like watermelon or fried chicken for that matter. :lol:

So 10 years has really changed America that much to you? Trust me we have have a long ways to go.

That guy is just crazy and was influenced by his elders at a young age just like most KKK members. Yea he said "kill babies" but how is dropping the charges against him any different then dropping the charges against a cop for shooting a unarmed black kid? Except for the fact that bullets hurt alittle more than words.

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 08:01 PM
how is dropping the charges against him any different then dropping the charges against a cop for shooting a unarmed black kid?

Was he stealing beer from a garage?

Brandon494
09-30-2010, 08:12 PM
how is dropping the charges against him any different then dropping the charges against a cop for shooting a unarmed black kid?

Was he stealing beer from a garage?

http://cbs13.com/national/Robert.Tolan.shot.2.902245.html

Here is the HBO Story: Catch a re-run and watch it.

Black in Bellaire

Robbie Tolan dreamed of following in the footsteps of his father, retired Major League Baseball outfielder Bobby Tolan. But in the early morning of Dec. 31, 2008, those dreams may have ended in a confrontation with police in affluent, predominantly white Bellaire, Tex. Wrongly suspected of stealing his own car, Tolan and his cousin were detained at gunpoint by police on the doorstep of his family's home. A moment later, Robbie Tolan's parents watched as their son was shot in the chest by a police officer. In an extended report, host Bryant Gumbel examines this disturbing case and interviews the Tolan family as they speak out for the first time about race and the night that changed everything.

Correspondent: Bryant Gumbel
Producer: David Scott

Robbie Tolan

Shortly before 2:00am on December 31 2008, Robbie Tolan, a twenty-three-year-old baseball prospect, was shot by police in front of his home in Bellaire, Texas. The shooting occurred after police mistook Robbie Tolan's vehicle for a stolen car. Robbie's parents, Bobby and Marian Tolan witnessed the shooting as they stood in their driveway wearing their pajamas. Robbie Tolan survived the shooting, and was recently released from the hospital. But he has a bullet lodged in his liver and his baseball future has been cast in serious doubt. Since the shooting, HBO Real Sports, has been investigating how such a tragic event came to pass.

Baseball is a family affair for the Tolan's. Bobby Tolan enjoyed a successful 14-year career as a Major League player. He was a member of the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals in 1967, and in the 1970s, he played for Cincinnati's famed big red machine. Known for his bolting speed, Bobby Tolan, led the National League in stolen bases in 1970.

After retiring from the game, Mr. Tolan settled his family in Bellaire, an affluent white enclave surrounded by greater Houston. It had nice homes, great schools, and a strong baseball tradition with a roster of homegrown pro's like Chuck Knoblauch, Jose Cruz, jr. and Bubba Crosby.

A passion for baseball took hold early and was rooted deep in Robbie Tolan. After high school, Robbie played college baseball for Prairie View A&M, winning a conference title in 2007. Afterwards he was signed by the Washington Nationals and played for a year in their farm system. Released by the Nationals last year, Robbie Tolan was still determined to carve out a career in baseball. He played for the independent Bay Toros in Galveston, Texas last season and was currently training in preparation for an invite back to spring training this season.

On the night of the shooting Robbie was returning home with his cousin, Anthony Cooper, 20, with fast food from a nearby Jack in the Box. Officer John Edwards, of the Bellaire Police Department, ran Robbie Tolan's license plate information. When he entered the plate information incorrectly, Robbie Tolan's Xterra SUV came back as stolen, according to the Bellaire Police.

Officer Edwards called for back up and Sgt. Jeffery Cotton arrived on the scene. The two officers confronted Robbie Tolan and Anthony Cooper as they were approaching the front door of their home.

"There was no, 'this is the police' or nothing. Just emerges from the dark." said Robbie Tolan. "The gun, flashlight pointed at me and my cousin, 'Get down on the ground.'"

Robbie and Anthony were both lying on the ground when Marian and Bobby Tolan heard the commotion and came outside.

"And I said, 'this is my house my car, my son, my nephew. It's not stolen,'" said Bobby Tolan.

The Tolans then say that Sgt. Cotton pushed Mrs. Tolan against the garage door. At that point, Robbie reared up off the ground and said: "Get your #### hands off my mom!" Sgt. Cotton then turned and fired his gun hitting Robbie Tolan in the chest.

"The guy never said a word," said Marian Tolan. "He never said, 'shut up,' he never said 'get down' or 'stay down.' He never said a word, he picked his gun, he took his gun and he just shot him."

The entire incident unfolded quickly. Two minutes past from when Robbie and Anthony exited their vehicle to when Robbie was shot, according to the Bellaire Police incident report.

The Bellaire Police issued a press release immediately after the shooting stating that Sgt. Jeff Cotton: "had no previous disciplinary record."

Real Sports has since learned that Sgt. Cotton and Officer Edwards both have significant blemishes on their records. Officer Edwards has been reprimanded six times and was suspended without pay for violating the department's sexual harassment policy in 2005. Sgt. Cotton has been reprimanded three times and was suspended without pay after misleading investigators about a 2002 traffic accident, one of three crashes he's caused.

Since the Tolan incident, Bellaire officials have said very little about the shooting. They've deferred to the Harris county district attorney's office who are conducting the official investigation into the shooting. The Harris county D.A. won't comment on the case until their investigation has concluded. But the pretext for the shooting has fueled a longstanding debate over the extent to which Bellaire police engage in racial profiling and target minorities.

Bellaire has a population of almost 16,000 and is less than one percent black. However, in 2007, 22 percent of the of the motorists given traffic tickets in Bellaire were black and 39 percent of the motorists who were stopped and searched were black, according to data collected by the Bellaire Police Department.

In 2005, black drivers in Bellaire were almost 12 times more likely to be pulled over and asked for a consent search than whites. Compared with the rest of Houston, black drivers were four times more likely than whites to be searched, according to the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition, a non-profit organization that collects and compiles data on race and traffic stops.

Bellaire officials maintain that they have a proactive police force, but they do not engage in racial profiling. They say the disproportionate numbers relating to race and police pullovers are explained by the high volume of non-Bellaire residents who commute through the city to more racially diverse parts of Houston. Interstate 610, know as the "loop" that encircles metropolitan Houston, passes through Bellaire. Since the Tolan shooting they've hired an outside consultant to examine and reassess the issue of racial profiling in the police department.

The Tolans want to see sweeping changes in Bellaire's civilian and police leadership. But they are skeptical that the district attorney will ever get to the bottom of the shooting.

"You know what, I don't care if we get it here or not," said Marian Tolan, referring to justice in her son's case. "We're gonna get it somewhere. Cause we're not stopping. We're not stopping."

Doctors say Robbie Tolan was fortunate to survive the life threatening gunshot, but no one can predict how far or fast he will recover. Because the bullet will remain in his liver, there is a constant risk of infection to the vital organ.

When asked whether or not the ship has sailed on his baseball career, Robbie Tolan replied with a sigh: "the part with the bullet in it."

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 08:38 PM

I never called you racist. I simply repeated what you said, you found that offensive.

Your implication was very clear. You also said " yet you don't think that you judge people based upon the color of their skin". The clear implication is that I'm prejudice. No other conclusion can be drawn from your statement. yet I clearly say that I judge a man based on THAT man when I meet him. Again, as blanket statements, stereotypes are pretty accurate, but not necessarily negative. My german grandma LOVED saurkraut....is that a negative? No, but its a stereotype.

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 08:39 PM

Incidentally, I didn't find it offensive, i simply found it wrong.

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 09:00 PM

1) The afro american is far superior in sports than his african counterparts, except maybe marathons. Why? The breeding programmes during the slave times brd for performance. Not the reason at all, and not accurate. The 10 fastest times ever recorded in the 100m can be genetically traced to a small area in Africa. The fastest of all was run by a Jamaican of African descent. No White man has ever run a sub 10 second 100M. When I was in high school I could outrun 85% of all black athletes. You cannot prejudge an individual, but you can make accurate stereotypes....some cultural, some genetic. Breeding has NOTHING to do with black superiority in sports. East Africans are the best distance runners in the world and West Africans are the best sprinters (that is...American, carribean and England blacks). That is FACT, not racism, prejudice or anything else.
2) There are places in America that you get beeaten to a pulp if you are white. I doubt that's true vice a versa. The opposite is true, but its a smaller number of places. There are places a black man would be beaten for being black (sadly) but not nearly as many as the opposite, and not nearly with as much certainty.

vince
09-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I clearly say that I judge a man based on THAT man when I meat him.I never dreamed you were a midnight cowboy Bobble, not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 09:10 PM

I never did get that sterotype about watermelon. I've never met anyone white or black who didn't like watermelon or fried chicken for that matter. :lol:

So 10 years has really changed America that much to you? Trust me we have have a long ways to go.

That guy is just crazy and was influenced by his elders at a young age just like most KKK members. Yea he said "kill babies" but how is dropping the charges against him any different then dropping the charges against a cop for shooting a unarmed black kid? Except for the fact that bullets hurt alittle more than words.

Cops get aquitted of killing folks of all color, thats just the way it is. Sadly it is true that blacks get harrassed a bit more from cops than whites. HOWEVER, I can't recall many white leaders fighting for the cops who beat Rodney King, yet AG Holder is dropping the charges against this nutjob when they have him on video intimidating white voters.

Recently in Vegas there were two incidents.

1) cops served a suspect warrant against a kid dealing pot. When he was on his knees the cop blasted his head off claiming he was reaching for a gun (black kid). he walked.
2) Erik Scott, a west point grad was gunned down in front of costco by 3 police officers. The evidence included cops recovering his gun IN ITS HOLSTER laying next to him, yet an eyewitness testified that Scott "pointed his gun right at the officers". That was enough to get them a walk.

Also to your points. I love watermelon. I hate fried chicken...thats just me. I speak to percentages. and yes, I believe we have come a long way in 10 years. Work to be done? Sure, but not the way you are thinking. I truly think racial bias is minimal now. If a black man gives a better interview he will get the job. If a white man with tatoos on the back of his hands interviews he has about the same chance as a black man wearing his pants on his thighs. I don't think that was the case 10 years ago.

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 09:13 PM
I clearly say that I judge a man based on THAT man when I meat him.I never dreamed you were a midnight cowboy Bobble, not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Doh....I edited it, but you had me already.

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 10:07 PM
. My german grandma LOVED saurkraut....is that a negative? .

My german grandmother loved a sour Kraut. man was he negative.

MichiganPackerFan
10-01-2010, 07:37 AM

Agree - I truly hope Kharma will smack that asshole bears fan up.

hoosier
10-01-2010, 07:55 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sharpe1027
10-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Your implication was very clear. You also said " yet you don't think that you judge people based upon the color of their skin". The clear implication is that I'm prejudice. No other conclusion can be drawn from your statement. yet I clearly say that I judge a man based on THAT man when I meet him. Again, as blanket statements, stereotypes are pretty accurate, but not necessarily negative. My german grandma LOVED saurkraut....is that a negative? No, but its a stereotype.

What ever the implication you think there was, it came straight from what you had said. So if your are going to be all up in arms at anyone, it should be yourself.

sharpe1027
10-01-2010, 09:18 AM

Incidentally, I didn't find it offensive, i simply found it wrong.

So did I.

wootah
10-01-2010, 09:21 AM
No White man has ever run a sub 10 second 100M.

Since this is a sports forum, let's be correct here. Some white guy ran a sub 10 second 100m earlier this year. To add insult to injury, he is French (Christophe Lemaitre).

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Since this is a sports forum, let's be correct here. Some white guy ran a sub 10 second 100m earlier this year. To add insult to injury, he is French (Christophe Lemaitre).

The fastest white guy in history is a Frenchmen? That's just embarrassing.

pbmax
10-01-2010, 11:36 AM
deleted. I am going to take my own advice and not address stuff to individuals.

bobblehead
10-01-2010, 08:47 PM
No White man has ever run a sub 10 second 100M.

My bad, was not aware of a white flash amongst us.

Look, I never meant to offend anyone. I NEVER address anything racial in RL as its impossible to have a dispassioned discussion. There are simply some things that are fact, not opinion. Nice studies and all to back them up.

Since this is an online forum I can risk getting into it. As usual, people will take anything and everything they can out of context and completely inaccurate to what was said. Some of those same people lack the critical thinking skills to understand a point.

Generally I tend to enjoy the banter, and even here I would like to carry it further, but this is not the FYI section so I apologize for ever getting involved.

mraynrand
10-01-2010, 09:27 PM

The fastest white guy in history is a Frenchmen? That's just embarrassing.

he was running from a cuckolded husband. Mon Dieux!

Joemailman
10-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I figured it was a French soldier running from the battlefield during WWII.

MJZiggy
10-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Not quite what I was expecting to see in the Nick Collins Attacks a Fan thread... :?

Joemailman
10-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I tried to rescue this thread once and then gave up.

mraynrand
10-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I figured it was a French soldier running from the battlefield during WWII.

:lol:

pbmax
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM
This thread finally allowed me to get over the Bear's game. It made me realize we have far more problems closer to home.

Now if everyone would just do what I think you should do, then we wouldn't have any problems. I mean, this approach doesn't even work with children, but I am sure it will work with anonymous internet strangers.

So shape up people. I am fed up with you and your complaining about everyone else.

woodbuck27
10-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Collins awaits league ruling on mouthpiece-toss incident

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81afbdd7/article/collins-awaits-league-ruling-on-mouthpiecetoss-incident

GO PACKERS!

MOBB DEEP
10-07-2010, 01:49 AM

will racism EVER end?

is the DEVIL involved?

When will white trash crackers stop using racial epithets?

http://www.advocate.com/uploadedImages/DrLaura.jpg

"Uh-huh uh-huh, gi-gi gi-geyeah
Roc-a-Fella y'all, uh-huh uh-huh, Jigga
Timbaland shit, nine-eight BEYOTCH
Say what, say what? Uh-huh uh-huh, follow me beotch

Nigga what, nigga who?
Nigga what, nigga who?
Can't fuck with this Roc-a-Fella shit doe
Can't fuck with this Roc-a-Fella shit doe"

______
I don't want a discussion. Really, I don't want a discussion. No I don't, No I don't I don't want a dizcuzzon!!
Dizguss Dis, yo
Disguss Dat, yo
Figgers I sez,
yo what de fuck up wit dat?

Standz in da tunnel
fuckin wit does boyaz
From da Green Bay
I say Yoyazzz
goan fuck yoself, Packerzz fanzzee
You be fined, yo fuckinz panzee!

Sheeat!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
10-07-2010, 01:57 AM
FACT!! Culturally in America Black people are more fond of watermelon. FACT!! Any given black man is faster than a white man and more fond of watermelon...FICTION!!

for some reason this is HILARIOUS to me

maybe its the "fond of" piece

watermelon now & laters are the BOMB tho

MichiganPackerFan
10-07-2010, 07:54 AM
FACT!! Culturally in America Black people are more fond of watermelon. FACT!! Any given black man is faster than a white man and more fond of watermelon...FICTION!!

for some reason this is HILARIOUS to me

maybe its the "fond of" piece

watermelon now & laters are the BOMB tho

Mobb, you rock!!!

mraynrand
10-07-2010, 08:59 AM
http://www.movies4wholesale.com/product_images/733961748253_a.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2010, 10:53 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/106804173.html

Collins gets warning from league
By Bob McGinn of the Journal Sentinel

Satisfy your Green Bay Packers fix on the go with the exclusive Packers 2010 iPhone app from JSOnline and the Journal Sentinel.

Green Bay — Safety Nick Collins was reprimanded but not fined by the National Football League for his involvement in an incident with two Bears fans moments after the Green Bay-Chicago game Sept. 27 at Soldier Field.

Ray Anderson, the league's executive vice president of football operations, said in a letter to Collins that his conduct was unbecoming of an NFL player and reminded him that throwing anything at fans is not defensible, no matter the circumstances.

Collins was warned by Anderson to refrain from such conduct in the future.

Word of the decision came several hours after Collins and Packers' players were available to reporters early Friday afternoon.

Moments after the Bears beat the Packers, 20-17, Collins was walking through a tunnel to the locker room with teammates when, according to a source familiar with the incident, a fan directed a racial slur at Collins and spit at him, hitting him in the face.

After walking away, Collins came back out of the tunnel and threw his plastic mouthpiece at the fan before security led him away.