PDA

View Full Version : Has Cutler changed at all?

Patler
09-28-2010, 02:18 PM
The talk the first two weeks was about the great Cutler/Martz relationship, and how Cutler was being more responsible with the ball. As we saw from all those years with Favre, QBs who throw interceptions can have streaks with few, but they always come back.

Cutler threw just one last night, but he had two others wiped out by penalties and I think it was Woodson and Collins who each had very catchable interceptions in their hands, but didn't hang on. Maybe the penalties caused the interceptions, maybe not. For example, the Zombo hit caused the interception, I'm not sure his helmet sliding up under Cutler's chin was determinative.

Cutler threw one, but it could have been as many as 5.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2010, 02:34 PM
He looked like the same guy to me. Just got more fortunate. I like his arm, his toughness, and his movement skills. I still don't like his decision making, and his leadership skills seem lacking--although I'm sure his teammates are behind him after starting out 3-0 (even if two of the three victories were lucky).

Patler
09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
He looked like the same guy to me. Just got more fortunate. I like his arm, his toughness, and his movement skills. I still don't like his decision making, and his leadership skills seem lacking--although I'm sure his teammates are behind him after starting out 3-0 (even if two of the three victories were lucky).

That's what I saw, too. He showed all the same things in Denver that he showed last night.

denverYooper
09-28-2010, 03:00 PM

That's what I saw, too. He showed all the same things in Denver that he showed last night.

Spot on. Same thing in Denver -- sometimes he looks brilliant and sometimes he just kills his own team.

Tarlam!
09-28-2010, 03:03 PM
I thoughtb he picked up his game in the second half, but was his ol' poutung self in the first half. When the decisions go his way, he seems more confident.

Capers was correct when he stated the idea is to keep him disrupted. >That's the way to beat Cutler.

pbmax
09-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I think Martz is going out of his way to help him. They kept extra protection is quite often, even when the Packers sent 4.

While Trent Dilfer may think Martz is going to get Cutler killed (and that is his reputation) last night he was what passes for cautious for him. They went 5 and seven step drop quite often.

sharpe1027
09-28-2010, 11:12 PM
He could have had 5 picks last night and most of them would have been completely on him making a bad decision. Sometimes you get lucky, but it usually evens out.

Besides, he's a Bears QB. The odds of him doing well are worse than the odds of a Illinois Governor staying out of jail.