PDA

View Full Version : Too Bad Bigby Wasn't Playing on Monday

mraynrand
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Seriously, Bigby wouldn't have committed that critical PI penalty and the Packers would be 3-0. Plus, I'm betting he would have delivered more "Big Hits."

Patler
09-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Seriously, Bigby wouldn't have committed that critical PI penalty and the Packers would be 3-0. Plus, I'm betting he would have delivered more "Big Hits."

I was thinking the same thing. With his "speed" Bigby probably wouldn't have been close to the receiver, so no interference. Collins would have gotten the interception, and the Packers would have won! :lol:

Joemailman
09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
You're just taunting Skinbasket, aren't you?

mraynrand
09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
You're just taunting Skinbasket, aren't you?

we have a winner!

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-29-2010, 01:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing. With his "speed" Bigby probably wouldn't have been close to the receiver, so no interference. Collins would have gotten the interception, and the Packers would have won! :lol:

lol @ patler.

No but seriously I kind of want Bigby to start when he comes back.

Patler
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM

lol @ patler.

No but seriously I kind of want Bigby to start when he comes back.

I do too. For the brief period in which he was healthy, Bigby was actually pretty good. A nice complement to Collins, I think.

Brandon494
09-29-2010, 03:16 PM

Whos to say if Burnett is not blocking the reciever he comes back and either catches or breaks up the pass.

mraynrand
09-29-2010, 05:24 PM

Whos to say if Burnett is not blocking the reciever he comes back and either catches or breaks up the pass.

You may be right, but what about all those "Big Hits" that didn't happen because Bigby was out?

SkinBasket
09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
you guys are all a bunch of Salomi kings.

We lose the PHI game with Bigby starting. Period. Vick would have made love to, then electrocuted and drowned, then eaten Bigby's theoretical babies without the benefit of a reach-around.

Joemailman
09-29-2010, 09:38 PM

We lose the PHI game with Bigby starting. Period. Vick would have made love to, then electrocuted and drowned, then eaten Bigby's theoretical babies without the benefit of a reach-around.

So, are you saying Burnett is better?

SkinBasket
09-30-2010, 08:04 AM

I'm saying that Bigby has a lot of limitations that a lot of you like to overlook in favor of a fictional account of how hard he hits. His weakness would have been a poor match against what Vick was doing to us.

Burnett's main weakness now is inexperience. I haven't seen the same glaring physical and mental limitations in him that I've seen far too often in Bigby. Maybe time will expose him as being worse than Bigby, if that's possible, but as of right now, I know I'm cursing at the TV using Burnett's name far less than I was using Bigby's name the past few seasons, when the turd could manage to gimp onto the field, anyway.

So to answer your question: I think Burnett is a shade better than Bigby (assuming Bigby could actually play, which he can't) right now, but that's based on pretty limited observation thus far. I feel the team is better, that the CB's and LB's are freer to play their own game without having to compensate for Bigby's weaknesses.

Fritz
09-30-2010, 12:07 PM

This is why I think the penalty was appropriate.

bobblehead
09-30-2010, 12:11 PM
which game was it that Burnett completely blew his assignment and let a reciever all alone in the endzone? I think it was the Bills game.

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 03:05 PM
which game was it that Burnett completely blew his assignment and let a reciever all alone in the endzone? I think it was the Bills game.

I thought it was Shields in Philly.

billy_oliver880
09-30-2010, 03:48 PM

I thought it was Shields in Philly.

It was Shields.

Joemailman
09-30-2010, 04:02 PM

I'm saying that Bigby has a lot of limitations that a lot of you like to overlook in favor of a fictional account of how hard he hits. His weakness would have been a poor match against what Vick was doing to us.

Burnett's main weakness now is inexperience. I haven't seen the same glaring physical and mental limitations in him that I've seen far too often in Bigby. Maybe time will expose him as being worse than Bigby, if that's possible, but as of right now, I know I'm cursing at the TV using Burnett's name far less than I was using Bigby's name the past few seasons, when the turd could manage to gimp onto the field, anyway.

So to answer your question: I think Burnett is a shade better than Bigby (assuming Bigby could actually play, which he can't) right now, but that's based on pretty limited observation thus far. I feel the team is better, that the CB's and LB's are freer to play their own game without having to compensate for Bigby's weaknesses.

I basically agree. Burnett is better in coverage right now than Bigby ever was.

vince
10-04-2010, 08:32 PM
So here's the depth chart until the Savior and Harris return...

FS - Collins, Martin
SS - Peprah, Bush

CB - Woodson, Shields, Lee
CB - Williams, Bush, Underwood

I thought this was interesting.

For those curious: CB Brandon Underwood is currently last on the depth chart behind Pat Lee, #Packers cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt said today.
I assumed Lee and Peprah would be gone, but obviously Burnett will be IR'd. That makes Underwood susceptible to being replaced by Harris at this point.