PDA

View Full Version : Stubby Quotes

mraynrand
09-29-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm collecting ridiculous quotes from Stubby. Feel free to comment or add your own:

"I didn't consider letting them score at the end," he said. "They missed a field goal earlier in the game." - Said Stubby when asked why he didn't let the Bears score.
I say: I defended his decision not to let them score, with the logic that perhaps he didn't want his defense to think he was giving up on them. But this reasoning by Stubby is moronic. You have one of the best placekickers from inside 40, and he's going to get a chip shot. His miss was from 49 yards. Dummy.

sheepshead
09-29-2010, 03:39 PM
‎"Penalties have a gray area." - Mike McCarthy

Smidgeon
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM

Some of them do.

sheepshead
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Some of them do.

Yeah,...but when you get 152 yards walked off against you--who gives a shit.

MichiganPackerFan
09-29-2010, 03:49 PM

Some of them do.

That's Stubby-Speak for "the officials f*cked us over big time, but I don't want to pay a hefty fine for saying that: we already got jobbed once"

red
09-29-2010, 03:50 PM
he said after the game that the decision to challenge the fumble recovery was all his. he said he saw it happen right in front of him and threw the flag

would have been nice for him to take his time, which he had since it was a turnover and we would be going to a commercial, and let some of the guys upstairs take a look at the replay and tell him not to do it. it was pretty obvious to all of us watching from the first replay that it was recovered in-bounds.

really dumb

Joemailman
09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
he said after the game that the decision to challenge the fumble recovery was all his. he said he saw it happen right in front of him and threw the flag

would have been nice for him to take his time, which he had since it was a turnover and we would be going to a commercial, and let some of the guys upstairs take a look at the replay and tell him not to do it. it was pretty obvious to all of us watching from the first replay that it was recovered in-bounds.

really dumb

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81aebdfb/article/mccarthys-challenge-raises-red-flag-costs-packers-chance?module=HP_cp2

Boomer Esiason, announcing the game nationally for the Westwood One radio network and seated in the booth next to the Green Bay coaches box, said later that the Packers coaches had advised McCarthy to challenge the call.

red
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
so now W3 is lying to us to cover some inept asshole failure in the booth? i would like to know who told him to challenge, and i would like them fired because it was awfully fucking clear on the replay that he was in

pbmax
09-29-2010, 07:15 PM
so now W3 is lying to us to cover some inept asshole failure in the booth? i would like to know who told him to challenge, and i would like them fired because it was awfully fucking clear on the replay that he was in
Its Boomer Esiason. Not Walter Cronkite. I all but guarantee you he is making an assumption. I like Boomer, but he has his limits.

mission
09-29-2010, 08:19 PM
if you watch the replay, there's a coach going absolutely nuts and jumping around while twisting and all that. I thought it was MM.

If that's him, there's no way he was composed enough to judge the conclusion of that play.

HowardRoark
09-29-2010, 08:53 PM
"I didn't ask him to take his shirt off."

ND72
09-29-2010, 08:59 PM

really dumb

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81aebdfb/article/mccarthys-challenge-raises-red-flag-costs-packers-chance?module=HP_cp2

Boomer Esiason, announcing the game nationally for the Westwood One radio network and seated in the booth next to the Green Bay coaches box, said later that the Packers coaches had advised McCarthy to challenge the call.

If anyone watched McCarthy's post game interview, he actually also said it was a decision he made to use the time to discuss with his defensive coaches what their plan would be, which also included allowing them just to score.

mraynrand
10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
"That's the toughest time in the game . . . it should be . . . to run the football," coach Mike McCarthy said after the 28-26 escape. "We lined up and it was real football. That's what you look for."

You just know Stubby wanted to get out there and run the ball himself. This is what's good and bad about Stubby all rolled up into one pudgy ball. He has that grind it out mano-a-mano urge and sometimes it works out gloriously like yesterday (and last year v. S.F.), and on other occasions it backfires (at Chicago in '07). One wonders how much Rodgers had to do with that pass to Lee. I think Stubby wanted to run up the gut every damn play, regardless. But He's a funny impulsive guy too. Throws da bomb on first down when they need to control the clock, gets the INT, and then completely repolarizes to gut it out on the final drive. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

denverYooper
10-04-2010, 12:15 PM
"We're not going to be passing out flowers at our meetings today. No one was happy"

mraynrand
11-03-2010, 04:13 PM
DON'T CRY, STUBBY!

"the punting performance is the finest punting – I can’t tell you how good this feels to say this – this is the finest punting performance I’ve – I’m not exaggerating, I’m not dramatic – the finest punting performance that I’ve ever been a part of in all my years on both sides of the ball. I can’t tell you how happy I am for Tim. It makes me want to cry."

RashanGary
11-03-2010, 04:20 PM
In fairness to Stubby, that was a complete joke. He was genuinely happy, but the cry comment, he said that while laughing, kind of sarcastically and in part joking about how bad it's been in the past.

Fritz
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
When Derrick Frost was here I wanted to cry every time he punted.

mraynrand
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM

Like me every time Brett Conway or B.J. Sander kicked

pbmax
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
"I didn't ask him to take his shirt off."
I can't even begin to parse this; context please?

pbmax
11-03-2010, 05:22 PM

Like me every time Brett Conway or B.J. Sander kicked
Its a shame what happened to Conway. He was Crosby before his injury. And before Crosby was Crosby.

This post has been brought to you by John Madden and Tuff Actin' Tinactin.