PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score: Packers vs Lions

mmmdk
09-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Gotta win within division. It's been almost 20 years since Lions last won on the road vs Packers but this is not the year either though it may come sooner, rather than later.

Packers 34 Lions 20

mmmdk Pack predictions 2010:
at Eagles (L) W
Buffalo (W) W
at Chicago (L) L
Detroit (W) ?

Tony Oday
09-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Well now that I can actually say I was guessing against the PAck the first three I am saying 35-3 AR and JF go the F off!

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-30-2010, 02:56 AM
We rebound as expected....

Packers 34
Lions 17

Joemailman
09-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Packers 37

Lions 17

swede
09-30-2010, 07:52 AM
This will be an ugly, ugly game.

After a ten-minute delay in which his teeth are matched to the bite marks, Mark Tauscher is ejected for chewing on Ndamukong Suh's leg at the bottom of a pile early in the 2nd quarter. Play at right tackle improves from that point on.

Just before the half, Suh retaliates by ripping off Chad Clifton's leg and then uses it to beat Aaron Rodgers about his head. Suh is warned by the officials. Clifton's play also improves, as his kick-slide technique seems smoother with only one leg to drag around.

In the 3rd quarter Nick Collins reacts to taunts from Calvin Johnson by throwing various pieces of his uniform at the receiver, a tactic which ends up working remarkably well other than the distraction of finding out what Nick has tattooed on his left butt cheek.

In a mistake Mike McCarthy calls the "over-exuberance of youth", Clay Matthews picks up the Lion's quarterback, raises him over his head, and carries him over the goal-line on two separate occasions, inadvertently scoring Detroit's only two touchdowns.

Lions win 17-14.

cheesner
09-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Pack 32 Lions 17

jmbarnes101
09-30-2010, 08:22 AM
38-10 Packers

Detroit: Hide your women and children because this ones going to get ugly quickly. Shaun Hill will look like a beheaded Ken doll and the Pack will ratchet up the intensity in this game from the start.

run pMc
09-30-2010, 08:35 AM
After watching the MIN-DET game on Sunday:

Detroit's offense without Best & Stafford was not impressive. Megatron and Pettigrew (if he doesn't drop the ball) could cause problems.

Defensively, their front four is very active and will give GB's OL fits, but GB's receivers should overwhelm their secondary.

The trick will be to not let Detroit use the CHI game as a blueprint and let their DL ignore the run completely.

GB *should* be pretty mad after watching the film of the CHI game, and with this being a home game I would hope they play with a lot of fire.

GB wins 31-17

mmmdk
09-30-2010, 09:15 AM
After watching the MIN-DET game on Sunday:

Detroit's offense without Best & Stafford was not impressive. Megatron and Pettigrew (if he doesn't drop the ball) could cause problems.

Defensively, their front four is very active and will give GB's OL fits, but GB's receivers should overwhelm their secondary.

The trick will be to not let Detroit use the CHI game as a blueprint and let their DL ignore the run completely.

GB *should* be pretty mad after watching the film of the CHI game, and with this being a home game I would hope they play with a lot of fire.

GB wins 31-17

I like what you write :jig:

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Just before the half, Suh retaliates by ripping off Chad Clifton's leg and then uses it to beat Aaron Rodgers about his head. Suh is warned by the officials. Clifton's play also improves, as his kick-slide technique seems smoother with only one leg to drag around.

"You LEG'S OFF!"

"No it's not! It's only a flesh wound!"

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 09:20 AM
I predict that Dominic Raiola and Nick Barnett will be flagged for offsetting personal fouls.

SkinBasket
09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
10-7 packers. Aaron Rodgers gets jiggy with it and throws 5 Ints, three in the endzone, in what will come to be regarded in his later years as one of, if not, his worst performances ever.

Sparkey
09-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Packers 31 - 13 over the Lions

mmmdk
10-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Something to cheer ya up!

Fan 1: Should we catch Packers vs Lions game come sunday?
Fan 2: Well, it's the mane event in Green Bay.

Fan 1: I don't think I'll watch the game vs Lions.
Fan 2: Why?
Fan 1: 'Cos all the "zebras" are cheetahs!

Lame, I know :lol: :cow:

ND72
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I think the first half will be closer than expect...17-7 at halftime...McCarthy gives another scolding at halftime and we win:

Packers 30
Lions 10

ThunderDan
10-01-2010, 03:38 PM
In a total lopsided game.

Packers - 31
Lions - 10

Jimx29
10-01-2010, 10:31 PM

After a ten-minute delay in which his teeth are matched to the bite marks, Mark Tauscher is ejected for chewing on Ndamukong Suh's leg at the bottom of a pile early in the 2nd quarter. Play at right tackle improves from that point on.

In the 3rd quarter Nick Collins reacts to taunts from Calvin Johnson by throwing various pieces of his uniform at the receiver, a tactic which ends up working remarkably well other than the distraction of finding out what Nick has tattooed on his left butt cheek.

In a mistake Mike McCarthy calls the "over-exuberance of youth", Clay Matthews picks up the Lion's quarterback, raises him over his head, and carries him over the goal-line on two separate occasions, inadvertently scoring Detroit's only two touchdowns.

Lions win 17-14.get out of my nightmares Swede

swede
10-01-2010, 10:46 PM

Lions win 17-14.get out of my nightmares Swede

That wasn't a nightmare. Stupid penalties, losing composure, bad luck, injured players, oblivious officiating, embarrassing decisions by coaches and players actually happened quite recently as you may recall.

I'm attempting to lull Karma into a premature sense of having screwed us over so that the game against the Lions can go on without another episode of the Twilight Zone taking over my screen as I try to watch a Packer game.

mraynrand
10-01-2010, 10:58 PM

You ain't lion.

LEWCWA
10-02-2010, 03:40 AM
GB-77
DET-5

Another ass whooping!

Tarlam!
10-02-2010, 04:34 AM
I am not underestimating these Lions. They can play. They should have beaten Chicago.

swede
10-02-2010, 08:38 AM
I am not underestimating these Lions. They can play. They should have beaten Chicago.

+1

How long do we have to watch football before the "any given Sunday" lesson kicks in?

We'll win thanks to A-Rod, but it will be another fricking war as in the Eagles game.

Fritz
10-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I predict that the Packers will play a sorry-ass first half, and leave the field at halftime to a chorus of boos. It will be an ugly, low-scoring affair - like say 10-7 at the half, something like that.

The Pack will play better in the second half and win, but few will be eased of their suspicions regarding this team's ability to play at a high level.

Just what I'm feeling.

mraynrand
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM
How long do we have to watch football before the "any given Sunday" lesson kicks in?

I crossed that bridge a while back:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199711160clt.htm

swede
10-02-2010, 10:36 PM

I crossed that bridge a while back:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199711160clt.htm

Was that the Lindy Infante and Tony Mandarich revenge game?

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-02-2010, 11:17 PM
The Lions are a better team, but we are much better and we match up perfectly against them. Expect a lot of slants and other quick passes to take advantage of the Lions secondary. We have a good run defense and the only real threat other than that is Johnson.

We should rebound this week.

Pugger
10-03-2010, 08:32 AM
After Monday's debacle I think the fellas will atone for that performance with a solid if unspectacular game today. Frankly I don't care what the score is as long as we have more points when the clock reads 00:00 at the end of the 4th. You don't get style points in the NFL like you do in the NCAA.

Bossman641
10-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Packers 34 - Lions 13

5 penalties for the Packers

CaliforniaCheez
10-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Packers 45 and Lions 9

Scott Campbell
10-03-2010, 09:52 AM
52-6.

Packers.

Fosco33
10-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I have a feeling this will be a painfully close game...

Pack gets a few INTs (CW gets one finally). Matthews will have another big day. Expect Finley to get a TD.

Pack 27
Lions 23

Fosco33
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I have a feeling this will be a painfully close game...

Pack gets a few INTs (CW gets one finally). Matthews will have another big day. Expect Finley to get a TD.

Pack 27
Lions 23

Well - I was scary close again in this prediction. Didn't see much from Matthews beyond a gift sack.

Be interested to watch Philly-Skins game...

mmmdk
10-03-2010, 03:21 PM

You ain't lion.

These jokes were better than Packers this sunday... :shock: WOW