PDA

View Full Version : Bedard Leaving JSO

Joemailman
09-30-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104111884.html

Maybe Patler finally gets his chance.

vince
09-30-2010, 06:37 PM
I assume "Lead NFL writer" means that he won't focus on any team?

I'd say that suits him pretty well. He'll be a better broad shallow coverage guy rather than delivering focused, deep coverage on one team as he's tried to do here.

He certainly can pump out quantity of coverage. It's the quality in-depth stuff I've come to question from him.

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Hopefully, they'll get somebody good to replace him.

MJZiggy
09-30-2010, 06:51 PM
I'd apply, but I'm not dealing with that kind of cold again.

pbmax
09-30-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd propose a celebration, but we might get another Silverstein. Who watched the Bear game and is convinced the leading problem on offense was the lack of a running game.

Because when your tackles are struggling with pass blocking, what you should do is ask them to do something they are even worse at.

mraynrand
09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Bedard who?

mission
09-30-2010, 08:09 PM
As long as Kareem Campbell doesn't get promoted ... he tweets way too much nonsense :lol:

SkinBasket
09-30-2010, 09:16 PM
R.I.P. moron.

Fritz
10-01-2010, 07:28 AM
I felt like he was more interested in analizing than he was in analyzing.

sheepshead
10-01-2010, 07:32 AM
I thought he was another boring TT basher.

SkinBasket
10-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Maybe Administrator Joe lured him here to write a blog for the homepage and he had to switch to Boston to avoid a competition clause in his contract.

mraynrand
10-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Maybe Administrator Joe lured him here to write a blog for the homepage

This would fit with the deliberate attempts to drive this website into oblivion.

ThunderDan
10-01-2010, 09:57 AM

This would fit with the deliberate attempts to drive this website into oblivion.

I think PackerRats should send him a Good-Bye E-mail in which we can link every post where we critized his "brilliant" writing.

mmmdk
10-01-2010, 12:43 PM
:drma: Who? Who?

Joemailman
10-01-2010, 10:58 PM

I think PackerRats should send him a Good-Bye E-mail in which we can link every post where we critized his "brilliant" writing.

Or we could just sent him a link to this thread. :D

Bretsky
10-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Always thought Bedard was fine; ditto for McGinn. I want to be entertained and learn things from writers. I want to read stores well beyond the facts and I want to read stories with opinions. Never been one to dislike writers if their spin does not agree with my view. They've all been caught occasionally using wrongful facts or slanted information to suport their points. They are trying to sell papers.

Tarlam!
10-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I was up and down on him, but he was heavily critized.

I hope they replace him with someone great.

mraynrand
10-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Always thought Bedard was fine; ditto for McGinn. I want to be entertained and learn things from writers. I want to read stores well beyond the facts and I want to read stories with opinions. Never been one to dislike writers if their spin does not agree with my view. They've all been caught occasionally using wrongful facts or slanted information to suport their points. They are trying to sell papers.

I agree about McGinn, but I always felt as though Bedard was speculating by the seat of his pants. McGinn watched more tape, talked to more people, had more thorough evaluation. Occasionally Bedard would make up for his lack of eval with more info

About the entertainment aspect: there are columnists who really can write the clever phrases, and the Journal seems generally poor in this regard. McGinn is usually smart enough not to try, but others like Vandermouse, etc. try to turn a phrase and they just seem lame. But this stuff doesn't much appeal to me. I like the Xs and Os guys, and the JSO is pretty much down to 1.