PDA

View Full Version : ""THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE""..o

Bretsky
10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDAq5tyfk9E

One of the great all time rants
Apply Denny Green's tirade to both the Bears and Packers and feel free to comment

3 QUESTIONS:

1. Are the Bears Better than we thought they were ?
2. Are the Packers not as good as we thought they were ?
3. Have the Bears narrowed the talent cap from last year ?

1. GENERAL THOUGHTS ON BEARS

The Bears really handled Dallas so I undoubtedly underestimated their potential going into the season.

Three Huge Things changed that make them better.
Mike Martz was hired as the OC
They chose to make a splash in free agency and available
They got Brian Urlacher healthy.
This team should be better than last year. Personally I still think they are one year away....and most likely should be 2-3 games behind Green Bay going into the last game.....but it appears they have narrowed the talent gap

2. GENERAL THOUGHTS ON PACKERS

Coming into this year I thought the Packers and Saints had the best talent hands down in the NFC.

I thought our OL should be fine with the vets back on the OL and the young guys backing them up.
With the excetion of injuries in the secondary and QB I thought we were fairly well covered depth wise.
But Brandon Jackson has been disappointing.
Maybe I did not see the vets taking a step back.....I'm not sure.

But I still watched a team Monday that did just about everything they could to lose and still almost won

Going into the year I may have been a bit more on the homer train of GB being a Super Bowl Favorite.....but I do consider them a serious contender to get there.

3. THOUGHTS ON TALENT: Going into last week I told friends the Bears game was the classic trap game. Just as fans and the media gets really high on the Packers and feel like this team will be dominant I said not to be surprised if we found a way to lose. Snatching Defeat from the jaws of victory. That was the best way to sum Monday up.

With that being said, I do think the Bears made some key additions, including coaching changes over the past year, and I do think they have narrowed the gap between the two teams.

ThunderDan
10-02-2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDAq5tyfk9E

One of the great all time rants
Apply Denny Green's tirade to both the Bears and Packers and feel free to comment

3 QUESTIONS:

1. GENERAL THOUGHTS ON BEARS

The Bears really handled Dallas so I undoubtedly underestimated their potential going into the season.

Three Huge Things changed that make them better.
Mike Martz was hired as the OC
They chose to make a splash in free agency and available
They got Brian Urlacher healthy.
This team should be better than last year. Personally I still think they are one year away....and most likely should be 2-3 games behind Green Bay going into the last game.....but it appears they have narrowed the talent gap

2. GENERAL THOUGHTS ON PACKERS

Coming into this year I thought the Packers and Saints had the best talent hands down in the NFC.

I thought our OL should be fine with the vets back on the OL and the young guys backing them up.
With the excetion of injuries in the secondary and QB I thought we were fairly well covered depth wise.
But Brandon Jackson has been disappointing.
Maybe I did not see the vets taking a step back.....I'm not sure.

But I still watched a team Monday that did just about everything they could to lose and still almost won

Going into the year I may have been a bit more on the homer train of GB being a Super Bowl Favorite.....but I do consider them a serious contender to get there.

3. THOUGHTS ON TALENT: Going into last week I told friends the Bears game was the classic trap game. Just as fans and the media gets really high on the Packers and feel like this team will be dominant I said not to be surprised if we found a way to lose. Snatching Defeat from the jaws of victory. That was the best way to sum Monday up.

With that being said, I do think the Bears made some key additions, including coaching changes over the past year, and I do think they have narrowed the gap between the two teams.

1. No
2. No
3 Maybe

Joemailman
10-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I tend to agree with MM when he said that the big difference with the Bears is that they are healthy. Having Urlacher in there is a huge difference.

Offensively Martz is an upgrade. Still not sure about Cutler. Packers should have had 4 picks Monday Night (2 were called back).

Despite the loss, I still think the Packers and Saints are the 2 best teams in the NFC.

Pugger
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM
The only reason the bares won that game is because the Packers played like chit. Had we played any where near our potential the outcome of that game is drastically different. I'll be sadly surprised if we see a repeat of that performance tomorrow afternoon.

Bretsky
10-02-2010, 08:16 PM
We're playing a team at home tomorrow with far less talent than the Bears; we won't lose tomorrow

Joemailman
10-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Packers losing on Monday is probably bad news for the Lions. Packers will probably be focused on eliminating errors, and will probably be a little ornery. If the Packers had won Monday, looking past the Lions might have been a concern.

denverYooper
10-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Nice post Bretsky.

The Bears are better than I thought they would be. Before the season I thought they would be battling for 3rd with the Lions. They might not be winning pretty, but they're finding ways to get it done. Their special teams, in particular, whomped us.

I think we have a very talented roster but what it comes down to is that he Packers will be contenders as long as Aaron Rodgers is playing. So I'll take holding over sacks any day of the week and twice on Sundays (and maybe 4x on Mondays). It has occurred to me lately that the new umpire placement might hamper Tausch's game a little bit these days. Anyhow, though our tackles are probably in their last rodeo, they didn't give up 6 sacks against the Bears and people weren't questioning whether #12 would live through the season.

WRT the gap I am as blank as a fart. Mike Tice was a good addition and I think he is making something out of not a lot. I'm not sold on Martz yet. Peppers is a force and earned a fat chunk of his 90 million in that game alone. We'll see what happens in November.

Pugger
10-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice post Bretsky.

The Bears are better than I thought they would be. Before the season I thought they would be battling for 3rd with the Lions. They might not be winning pretty, but they're finding ways to get it done. Their special teams, in particular, whomped us.

I think we have a very talented roster but what it comes down to is that he Packers will be contenders as long as Aaron Rodgers is playing. So I'll take holding over sacks any day of the week and twice on Sundays (and maybe 4x on Mondays). It has occurred to me lately that the new umpire placement might hamper Tausch's game a little bit these days. Anyhow, though our tackles are probably in their last rodeo, they didn't give up 6 sacks against the Bears and people weren't questioning whether #12 would live through the season.

WRT the gap I am as blank as a fart. Mike Tice was a good addition and I think he is making something out of not a lot. I'm not sold on Martz yet. Peppers is a force and earned a fat chunk of his 90 million in that game alone. We'll see what happens in November.

That goon Peppers took out Stafford in week one. I'd rather our tackles hold that guy than give him a clean shot at Rodgers. I agree, if he goes down for any length of time we are not going anywhere this season.

pbmax
10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
1. The Bears are healthy. I did not see enough of Martz's offense alone to know if he will be a true upgrade. Cutler gashed the Packers at home last year in between INTs. It looked slightly less effective last week.

2. The Packers are better almost everywhere except RB depth and starting tackle. The starting tackles played horribly against one truly great player and one completely average guy. If they do not get healthy, then the backups (who should be better) will be severely tested. I expect Tauscher to lose his spot this year, unless the cast so limited Lang in preseason that is is judged unfit.

3. The talent gap was not a large as results from last year might indicate. I do not think its has lessened. I said to someone this week, the Packers were so much better that they gave the game away to the Bears and then almost won it anyway.

What is clear is that M3 is going to have to adjust. He cannot have a trio of hibernating run game, penalties and bad special team play. Solve any one problem, and they win by 14.

MJZiggy
10-03-2010, 09:35 AM
1. The Bears are healthy. I did not see enough of Martz's offense alone to know if he will be a true upgrade. Cutler gashed the Packers at home last year in between INTs. It looked slightly less effective last week.

2. The Packers are better almost everywhere except RB depth and starting tackle. The starting tackles played horribly against one truly great player and one completely average guy. If they do not get healthy, then the backups (who should be better) will be severely tested. I expect Tauscher to lose his spot this year, unless the cast so limited Lang in preseason that is is judged unfit.

3. The talent gap was not a large as results from last year might indicate. I do not think its has lessened. I said to someone this week, the Packers were so much better that they gave the game away to the Bears and then almost won it anyway.

What is clear is that M3 is going to have to adjust. He cannot have a trio of hibernating run game, penalties and bad special team play. Solve any one problem, and they win by 14.

Solve the penalties and they win by 28.

Bretsky
10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
After today's game, I'm questioning whether I've overrated the Packers even more

Anybody else thinking this :?:

imscott72
10-03-2010, 08:15 PM
After today's game, I'm questioning whether I've overrated the Packers even more

Yes for now. Barring a rash of injuries, I'd like to think this team will evolve as the year goes along. Getting the PUP players back will help a lot.

MJZiggy
10-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Actually what I'm thinking is that I wish the Bears would have played more like this last week.

Bretsky
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Actually what I'm thinking is that I wish the Bears would have played more like this last week.

There pass rush is far more consistent and disruptive

They also have a running game

Plus, how can one figure an egg can be laid on a serious rivalry....well.......guess we laid one :lol:

denverYooper
10-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Plus, how can one figure an egg can be laid on a serious rivalry....well.......guess we laid one :lol:

The Bears have a running game?

denverYooper
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Here's what gets me: there is a lot of mediocre football being played all around this year. No team is standing out as kicking ass and taking names, at least not in the NFC. The Packers had a chance to really be that team right now but they blew it all over their stomachs and have dragged themselves down into the morass of mediocrity.

It has been a crazy week all around, though. Atlanta stole one today. New Orleans barely got out of Carolina. At this point, I'm happy our team sits at 3-1.

mmmdk
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM

LOL, no they don't but Martz is very good at involving RBs in passing game. Mostly screens but I've seen Forte line up at receiver too.

cheesner
10-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I am not worried. yet. The Packers have been starting slowly now for a couple of seasons. Last season that looked pathetic at this point. I am cautiously optimistic that we will be playing better by the break.

As far as the bares go, I am surprised at how well they are playing. I really doubt that they can keep it up. I have never been a fan of Martz. His offense only worked once and that was with 3 or 4 HOFers at key offensive positions. I think he is very poor strategist or play caller. Watching the Giants get after Cutler right now, this is what I expect ultimately from Cutler, panicked and poor decisions/passes. Martz has a big ego IMHO and he and Cutler are bound to butt heads.

Bretsky
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Actually I was referring to their opponent tonight ....the Giants

mmmdk
10-03-2010, 10:35 PM

Actually I was referring to their opponent tonight ....the Giants

No, it was Bears :bs2:

woodbuck27
10-03-2010, 11:11 PM
3 QUESTIONS:

Response:

The Bears are certainly doing well so far @ 3 and zero, and hanging in tough in spite of the improved play of 'the Giants' thus far in this Sunday Night matchup with da Bears. With one tick remaining on the clock in the 3rd quarter it's still a game, inspite of the Giants TEN sacks on Jay Cutler. Yikes ! :shock: If 'the Bears' can somehow pull this one out they're the only undefeated team in the NFC. If they lose this one. At 3 and 1 that's still impressive, given the crazy results we're seeing in the first quarter of this season, where any team seems to be able to step it up and defeat 'the favourite'.

The Colts dropped one today to the hapless (sure :D ) Jags.

The Washington Redskins and Donovan McNabb ' tommyhawk'd ' the Eagles ' and Michael Vick was possibly seriously hurt. Vick gets an MRI tomorrow and the good news for Eagle fans was that XRays turned out negative.

The Pittsburg Steelers dropped their first game to the Ravens.

The Rams defeated 'the Seahawks' today at home and are 2 and 2; generating some impressive 'O' and playing very well on 'D'.

The Packers almost dropped their second straight (and at Lambeau Field) to 'the Detroit kittens'.

The Titans walk all over the Giants on the road and can't hold against 'the Bronco's' at home today.

Cleveland held up well Vs the Bengals at home.

All over the league we see nothing much more to date 'than a dance', as possibly only one team, 'the Chiefs' will be undefeated going to week Five (5).

WOW! A huge turnover there by the Bears at their own goal line, as Giant RB Bradshaw was on his way in for six and got stripped by Bears, Bowmann at the last second. The Bears are very alive in this game, and it should be lights out for them as the Giants beat up on Cutler and Todd Collins is in for him now.

Well the Giants running game and all that 'D is going to stand up for them and the Bears will lose and go to 3-1. That's OK. The Bears gotta love it at 3 and 1 in this wild quarter of the season.

The Packers are also sittin prettty at 3-1. In the NFL at this point that's good. Any team in the NFL would look at 3 and 1, as a decent ticket as things have run so far. It's hard on any given week to be really positive of the outcome of the majority of matchups.

Are we seeing parity?

I believe we're seeing most teams just trying to get a feel for their play on both sides of the ball and on ST's, as well. The best teams are looking to achieve balance, as it's more of how well you play winning, than 'just' winning.

The Green Bay Packers have a decent team, but they need to find a running game to take the heat off of Aaron Rodgers or he gets killed. All teams must, as a first priority protect their QB. Again we're seeing our teams OL struggle, especially at the tackle position. The days of Chad Clifton and Marc Tauscher are coming to a close. They've been great but it's almost a closing act for these fine Packers. We cannot sustain a valid push against the best teams if we are suspect on the OL and our running game remains as it seems to me it will, without do attention.

MM and his coaching staff have time, as it will be four to six more weeks before the dust settles throughout the NFL and the best teams find thta consistency in terms of balance. The Vikings will improve over their very slow start and I look to see that team be a factor. Their not going to toss in 'the glove' just yet. Especially with Favre at QB. The best teams must have a heads up support from their GM's and then there's 'the no small matter' of dealing with adversity and being disciplined and not throwing games away. The best teams having depth to deal with any adversity with players that are very familiar with the teams playbook.

Bottom line. The Packers are on the door step of being very good but I can't say right now it appears that way. There's work to do and MM needs support and may have to make some really tough decisions in terms of solidifying our OL. Let's hope that the depth is 'in fact' there.

WE need a better running game. Do we just hold on until Ryan Grant returns? It seems as if, that's it. That bothers me in terms of how the best teams, or any team can game plan Vs us with their 'D' knowing our running game is 'on the Fritz'.

The Packers are a good team and could be very good but they are like all the top teams. They must find balance; have some good luck and not be beyond real hope due to adversity that takes down our star players. Aaron Rodgers is huge. WE lose him and we're toast.

I saw the NY Giants play like Grizzley Bears tonight and showed the Sunday night NFL audience TEN SACKS Vs da Bears. The Bears couldn't hold the Giants fine running game that was in gear this evening. THat surprized me as I bet Bears. Well actually I take that back. Nothing surprizes me in NFL games this season. Nothing is a given in terms of matchups. It's been a real eye opener so far in terms of trying to do analysis. Your either a good or bad guesser. :D

It's too early to determine which teams are the best this season, based on what I'm seeing so far. The Bears may be 'just pretenders'. Let's let it all ride out for another five or six weeks.

The cream needs to rise to the top. That 'a time thing'. :D

GO PACKERS!

Bretsky
12-06-2010, 02:23 PM
BUMPEDY BUMP BUMP BUMP

I NEVER THOUGHT THIS THREAD WOULD BE RELEVANT

Anybody think Julius Peppers was not a great free agent signing if they had the money ?
It also looks like Jay Cutler was worth two first round draft picks; over the last few weeks he's playing just as good as AROD

And the DAM SPECIAL TEAMS

The Bears win two or three gams because of them and the Packers lose two to three games becasuse of them

I'm not sure many took this thread serious.........I didn't either.......if more would of I think we'd have some MEA CULPA's DUE

Joemailman
12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
It also looks like Jay Cutler was worth two first round draft picks; over the last few weeks he's playing just as good as AROD.

2 first round picks plus a third, plus Kyle Orton who is playing as well as Cutler despite being on a bad team. He'll have to play well for more than a few weeks before that trade can be considered a good one.

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
It also looks like Jay Cutler was worth two first round draft picks; over the last few weeks he's playing just as good as AROD

Cutler = 90 of 147 (61%) for 1062 yards (7.2 avg) with 10 TDs and 3 interceptions, 120 yards, sacked 14 times, and 2 lost fumbles. The Bears have played Buffalo, Minnesota, Miami, Philadelphia, and Detroit

Rodgers = 111 of 164 (68%) for 1402 yards (8.5 avg) with 12 TDs (1 rushing) and 0 interceptions, 157 yards rushing, sacked 11 times, and 1 lost fumble. The Packers have played the Jets, Dallas, Minnesota, Atlanta, and San Francisco.

pbmax
12-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Given the age of the Bears DEs last year (and the fact that two of them are gone I think), they had a huge hole in their defense. But at $20 million for a year (and $22 million more in guarantees if he is under contract next year) means that they need to win this year or face declining returns/increasing cost.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/08/bears-can-pull-the-plug-on-peppers-after-one-year/

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Not really sure what the comment about trading for Cutler and signing Peppers is for. I'd say the Packers are more talented, but they didn't stay healthy. They still might win the division. Do you think the Bears would be close to winning the division if they had the injuries we had? As for Cutler being worth two 1sts + a 3rd + Orton, I'd rather have Rodgers for a 1st (he's better anyways) and save the other 1st and 3rd. Peppers is their Woodson. Personally, I don't think Peppers is made for the 3-4. Sure, he's a good athlete, but I don't think he'd offer the all around skills to be an elite 3-4 OLB like Matthews and Harrison. I think teams would take advantage of him in coverage--like what happened to Aaron Kampman. I don't think he would be bad (just like I didn't think Kampman was bad), but I don't think he would have been worth the money for us and our scheme.

BTW, Cutler has done well this year. Not sure he's worth what they gave up for him. We'll see how his career goes. Peppers has been good. Most importantly for the Bears though is that Urlacher and Briggs have stayed healthy and Hester is back on returns. They've always been a pretty good team when they have that combination clicking.

Zool
12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
2 first round picks plus a third, plus Kyle Orton who is playing as well as Cutler despite being on a bad team. He'll have to play well for more than a few weeks before that trade can be considered a good one.

Actually there's been a big old HONK sound coming from Orton this weekend.

9/28 117 yards, but yes before that he's had a good season.

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Bretsky, my friend, you have impeccable timing. You just crowned Cutler and the Bears after they beat the Lions. Their next 4 games are Pats, Jets, Packers, and the Vikings. This has a lot of bump potential in a few weeks. :)

Bretsky
12-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Bretsky, my friend, you have impeccable timing. You just crowned Cutler and the Bears after they beat the Lions. Their next 4 games are Pats, Jets, Packers, and the Vikings. This has a lot of bump potential in a few weeks. :)

Bretsky loves pot stirring during boring times; we have a bye next week.

But I still think the original topic has credence

At minimum most of us in here underestimated the Bears. We might have overestimated GB but I'm not sure we did.
But Da Bears are better dan we thought they were IMO

Bretsky
12-06-2010, 05:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAN9ORwsiVA

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2010, 05:32 PM
One question: if the Bears finish 9-7 or 10-6, did I underestimate them? Personally, I thought they were an 8-8 team. Maybe 9-7 if they stayed healthy. They have. I also didn't know that they'd get a gift victory from Calvin Johnson and a gift victory from us. I could still be spot on about them. :)

Bretsky
12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I should point out that I crowned nobody....lol
But I thought the Bears were a 7-8 team win and I though GB was a 11-12 win team.
So I might be guilty of both

I think that last game might mean something; not in a blue moon did I think so at the beginning of the season.

Our special teams........that is the one thing that can really piss up this season. On paper I think we're still a very formidable playoff team

3irty1
12-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Before you read my rundown on how the Bears aren't impressive I first need to define the term "Bearshit."

Bearshit -n -v -adj -adv Causing a turnover or big play, usually on defense or special teams in a way that would earn precisely zero style points. Generally by pure luck or bad refereeing.
How did the Bears win that game?
The 3rd string long snapper snapped the ball out the back of the endzone for a safety and they won by a point.
Wow. That's some Bearshit.

The Bears beat Detroit on Bearshit with a controversial non-catch by Megatron. Probably helped that Matt Stafford went down with a Bearshit injury.
They beat Dallas in what might be their most impressive win. 20-27 Winning of course on Bearshit.
They beat us on a Bearshit fumble, 5-10 Bearshit non-calls, and about 5 Bearshit calls. They beat us by 3 Bearshitty points. Over this span of three games, Cutler by far led the league in dropped and nullified interceptions.
Got obliterated and embarrassed by the Giants like the good lord intended.
When the Bears team finally has some injuries they are bailed out with Carolina on the schedule. Bearshit in itself. Collins threw 4 interceptions in this game.
Lost to the Seahawks because the Seahawks are better. Bearshit made the score look close enough that you'd never guess that it ended in the Bears attempting an onside kick
Lost to the Redskins because the Redskins are also better. Cutler remembered he was Cutler and threw 4 picks. Redskins actually won this one on Bearshit with a Cutler fumble on the goal line.
The Bears then got a spectacular win against the then-winless Bills who they didn't even have to play in Buffalo but in Toronto. You can tell from the 22-19 score that there was Bearshit.
Got to play the Vikings while the queens were missing their top three WR.
Shutout the Dolphins in a game that featured the third-string center, third-string QB, injured LT, no Brandon Marshall and 7 rushing attempts by Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. It was literally raining Bearshit.
The Bears beat the Eagles without Asante Samuel whose presence was obviously missed as Cutler threw balls to his own players, sometimes in the endzone. The Bears had not one injury to report for this game.
I didn't watch the Bears play the Lions but I do know that the Lions used their third string QB and had to comeback to win. I smell Bearshit. Anyone who saw this can surely confirm.

Freak Out
12-06-2010, 06:37 PM
This is why we love the caramel man so much....he's not afraid to come out and rile things up a bit.....but Harv is right...Cutler has kept his head on and done what he is asked and not gone all crazy...the D is healthy and Hester is back doing what he does best. Martz has figured out whats going to work (Forte) and played to his teams strengths.

3irty1
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM

They might make out in the long run if you take into account how McDaniels pissed away all of those draft picks.

Little Whiskey
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I didn't watch the Bears play the Lions but I do know that the Lions used their third string QB and had to comeback to win. I smell Bearshit. Anyone who saw this can surely confirm.

toward the end of the game the refs flagged suh(i believe) for roughing the passer when he pushed cutler down while he was attempting to run for the first down. horrible call. they score a touchdown on the next play to win the game.

i should mention that suh tackled him by pushing him down. it wasn't like he was getting up after a tackle and was pushed down.

Bossman641
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I should point out that I crowned nobody....lol
But I thought the Bears were a 7-8 team win and I though GB was a 11-12 win team.
So I might be guilty of both

I think that last game might mean something; not in a blue moon did I think so at the beginning of the season.

Our special teams........that is the one thing that can really piss up this season. On paper I think we're still a very formidable playoff team

Bears are also the healthiest team in the league. Right now I'd say our talent level is at least equal to the Bears. If you added in all our injured players it isn't even close.

Bretsky
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
This is why we love the caramel man so much....he's not afraid to come out and rile things up a bit.....but Harv is right...Cutler has kept his head on and done what he is asked and not gone all crazy...the D is healthy and Hester is back doing what he does best. Martz has figured out whats going to work (Forte) and played to his teams strengths.

The caramel man loveth his caramel and craves more; however let it be known that the next time the caramel man prefers the frontal luv as opposed to da rear....lol

All things aside, Hester is a guy who can beat us

Ted Thompson would be better served calling me to punt and shank twenty five yarders out of bounce than kicking to Hester with the stiff we have running our special teams

pbmax
12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Underestimating the Bears I can understand, but only offensively. Everyone in these parts were flat scared in the offseason of Peppers, Allen and Suh/VandenBosch with no Clifton or Tauscher. As Harv said, getting healthy solved most of their D problems and Peppers has solved (at least this season) their DE problems.

But it has been Martz adjusting his scheme that have save Cutler and their offense. And probably their season. Even Trent Dilfer is amazed.

MJZiggy
12-07-2010, 06:39 AM
The caramel man loveth his caramel and craves more; however let it be known that the next time the caramel man prefers the frontal luv as opposed to da rear....lol

All things aside, Hester is a guy who can beat us

Ted Thompson would be better served calling me to punt and shank twenty five yarders out of bounce than kicking to Hester with the stiff we have running our special teams

The frontal luv had been highly used up by the time the caramel man got to it. Slobber. Blech.

Fritz
12-07-2010, 07:06 AM
It's not going to be a bye this week. The Lions have been within five points of every team in the fourth quarter of every loss. They play hard and have a good defensive line. They can hang with teams but haven't yet been able to finish anything off very well.

I'm a little nervous. And I'll be at the game, behind the visitor's bench! Go me!

pbmax
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
It's not going to be a bye this week. The Lions have been within five points of every team in the fourth quarter of every loss. They play hard and have a good defensive line. They can hang with teams but haven't yet been able to finish anything off very well.

I'm a little nervous. And I'll be at the game, behind the visitor's bench! Go me!

See if you can hit Slocum with a cup full of ice. Right on the temple. No permanent damage, just knock him out for three quarters. :)

MichiganPackerFan
12-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Before you read my rundown on how the Bears aren't impressive I first need to define the term "Bearshit."

Bearshit -n -v -adj -adv Causing a turnover or big play, usually on defense or special teams in a way that would earn precisely zero style points. Generally by pure luck or bad refereeing.
How did the Bears win that game?
The 3rd string long snapper snapped the ball out the back of the endzone for a safety and they won by a point.
Wow. That's some Bearshit.

Funny shit and well written!!

ND72
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
3 QUESTIONS:

1. Yes. Cutler has shown up this year, but the defense has still carried the team. If they need some big time offense, it is still questioned if Cutler makes the major mistake or comes through.
2. Packers are who we thought they were...minus like 8 starters.
3. Which leads me to the talent gap...NO. The Bears have upgraded their Defense with Peppers, and a healthy LB corp. However if they get any injuries, they fall off significantly. We are playing multiple backups, so our talent is obviously at a higher level than theirs. Shaky WR's and OL will still be the fall of chicago IMO.

ND72
12-07-2010, 10:21 AM

IF YOU WANNA CROWN THEM, THEN CROWN THEIR ASS....

I couldn't resist.

denverYooper
12-07-2010, 12:36 PM

I expect it will be close for 2-3 quarters, but Green Bay has closed games out better since the Miami game and I feel they'll do the same this week. They've outscored opponents but IMO they've also looked stronger in the 2nd half over the last 8.

2nd half scoring:
v MIA - 10 -10
v MIN - 14 - 7
v NYJ - 6 - 0
v DAL - 17 - 0
v MIN - 14 - 0
v ATL - 14 - 10
v SFO - 20 -3

Rk Tm Year Date Opp W G Day Result OT Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OQ1 OQ2 OQ3 OQ4
1 GNB 2010 2010-12-05 SFO 13 12 Sun W 34-16 0 14 14 6 3 10 3 0
2 GNB 2010 2010-11-28 ATL 12 11 Sun L 17-20 3 0 7 7 3 7 0 10
3 GNB 2010 2010-11-21 MIN 11 10 Sun W 31-3 0 17 7 7 3 0 0 0
4 GNB 2010 2010-11-07 DAL 9 9 Sun W 45-7 0 28 7 10 0 7 0 0
5 GNB 2010 2010-10-31 NYJ 8 8 Sun W 9-0 3 0 0 6 0 0 0 0
6 GNB 2010 2010-10-24 MIN 7 7 Sun W 28-24 7 7 14 0 7 10 7 0
7 GNB 2010 2010-10-17 MIA 6 6 Sun L 20-23 OT 10 0 0 10 7 3 3 7
8 GNB 2010 2010-10-10 WAS 5 5 Sun L 13-16 OT 7 3 3 0 0 3 0 10
9 GNB 2010 2010-10-03 DET 4 4 Sun W 28-26 7 14 7 0 0 14 6 6
10 GNB 2010 2010-09-27 CHI 3 3 Mon L 17-20 7 3 0 7 0 7 0 13
11 GNB 2010 2010-09-19 BUF 2 2 Sun W 34-7 13 0 14 7 0 7 0 0
12 GNB 2010 2010-09-12 PHI 1 1 Sun W 27-20 0 13 14 0 3 0 7 10

Bretsky
12-12-2010, 08:31 AM
DAMMIT
I still think NE wins, but terrible snowstorm........rain

HUGE benefit to da Bears vs New England today; good weather Brady lights their asses up.

Bad weather benefits the less talented team

Joemailman
12-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Just looked at the forecast...At game time it should be 28F with snow and 30 MPH winds. The one advantage Patriots have is that Brady has had plenty of success in winter weather. Not sure about Cutler. Teams will probably want to throw with the wind, and run against the wind to keep the ball away from the other team.

Bretsky
12-12-2010, 09:33 AM
This will keep the scoring down.......playing into the Bears plans. Brady would light these guys up in good weather. They have a decent chance now

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:41 PM
DAMMIT
I still think NE wins, but terrible snowstorm........rain

HUGE benefit to da Bears vs New England today; good weather Brady lights their asses up.

Bad weather benefits the less talented team

Strike 1

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:42 PM
This will keep the scoring down.......playing into the Bears plans. Brady would light these guys up in good weather. They have a decent chance now

Strike 2

mmmdk
12-12-2010, 04:46 PM
You can still hit a homer, B !

Joemailman
12-12-2010, 04:54 PM

Okay Fritz. No more games for you! :smack:

Bretsky
12-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Okay Fritz. No more games for you! :smack:

Fritz and Ziggy; the curses keeping the Pack from the playoffs :)))))))

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I went to my first game ever on October 24 against the Vikings. I had a lot of fun!

Bretsky
12-18-2010, 11:33 PM
JIM MILLER, I LIKE, because I find him to be entertaing and offer some radical viewpoints at times. Some in here have lit him up at times.

BUT GIVE HIM KUDOS

He's been picking the Bears to win this division all year long.

Consider the reasons Miller lists for reasons the Bears will beat the Packers in this division.

1. Defense that will keep them in most games (agreed and GB has that)
2. Am improved Cutler and Superior Offensive Game Planning with flexibility due to Martz (most did not see this coming)
3. Superior special teams coaching and play (this is what often wins them the close games)
4. Discipline in regards to playing smart, within themselves, and not too many penalties
5. One of the best, if not the best, assistant coaching staffs in the NFL

COMPARING THE TOP 5 POINTS TO GREEN BAY
1. I think Green Bay has that
2. I'm in the middle on that. We have a ridiculously low scoring in qtr one but we're stellar after that. I'm OK with our game plans I think
3. We can't hold the Bears Jock strap on special teams
4. Would have to compare the penalites between each team
5. Head coach aside, I'm not sure we have a top of the line staff. Capers/Clements...dam good. I like Greene. But we certainly have some holes. How many of the guys on this staff will be head coaches ? Not sure

After this weekend we may have to give it up for JIM MILLER.............Dam ex Bear :(