PDA

View Full Version : 'You would have thought we lost in that locker room'

denverYooper
10-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Today's presser is full of nuggets. M3 is breaking out some real gems and bantering with the press. He's dropped the front he usually puts on for the pressers. I LIKE this M3. One thing that really jumped out was this pretty candid statement:

He stated today that the "team needs to be more realistic... You'd have thought we lost in that locker room"

To me, this perhaps means that they were perhaps just as overconfident as last year and bought into their own hype again. It seems as though they're stunned that they didn't just roll over the Lions yesterday.

retailguy
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
You would have thought they lost at my house too.

It was pathetic. We have a much better team than that.

mmmdk
10-04-2010, 01:26 PM
You would have thought they lost at my house too.

It was pathetic. We have a much better team than that.

...you been keeping a better team at your house?

NewsBruin
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I saw an AP story that Rogers had commented to the media that he wanted a more wide-open shotgun offense. It was weirdly Favrian.

pbmax
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I saw an AP story that Rogers had commented to the media that he wanted a more wide-open shotgun offense. It was weirdly Favrian.
Not exactly. Favrian would have been:

"You could run a wide-open, spread 'em out offense and that might be OK. But that isn't necessarily the answer. Running the ball with TEs has worked before. Could we do it? Yeah, I think so. But would it be the best way? That's tough to say."

woodbuck27
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM

I'm observing that Aaron Rodgers is easily, if not more open to the press in his views concerning what the teams brass might do to help him be the QB he wants to be. Approach ' the reality of ' being truly valued and demonstrative as 'a certainly best' NFL QB.

The winner he believes he is. Good for Aaron Rodgers. :D

GO Aaron GO!

gbgary
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
sounds to me like the team IS being realistic. they nearly gave away a game for the second week in a row. their confidence is shot. mm has to come up with a game plan to get that back. ball control passing! mix in a run and take what they're giving us.

billy_oliver880
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Time to put your big boy pants on guys. I was getting sick of all the preseason superbowl talk and the dressing up like cowboys for that dinner. I mean we all know you have talent but that doesn't mean you don't have to show up and put in the work. I think we are lucky to be 3-1.

Tony Oday
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
We are unlucky we arent 4-0

DannoMac21
10-04-2010, 08:25 PM
We are unlucky we arent 4-0

This

Joemailman
10-04-2010, 08:28 PM
In the words of Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are." The Packers are 3-1 and tied for the best record in the NFC. There are no style points here. Either you win on Sunday or you don't. People might think yesterday looked bad. At the end of the year, if it comes down to tie-breakers, the Lions game will count as a win, a division win and a conference win. It doesn't get much better than that.

The Leaper
10-04-2010, 09:09 PM
MM is the one who needs to be realistic and stop spewing the nonsense about the running game being fine. Our running game is pathetic. Stop chucking passes 40 yards downfield and incorporate a short passing game that takes advantage of our strength.

I really don't care that we ran the clock out against the Lions. Against a real team, we wouldn't be able to gain a yard. Our OL looks mediocre. Our RBs look pedestrian. Sure, Kuhn gives it his all...but that doesn't mean he belongs anywhere near a starting RB role in the NFL. If he's the best you've got, then you've got jack shit.

Joemailman
10-04-2010, 09:49 PM
If he's the best you've got, then you've got jack shit.

Well, he has an interesting family history.

Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt, a well-known fertilizer magnate, and O. Schitt, the owner of prosperous cleaning firm Needeep N. Schitt, Inc. In 1975, Jack Schitt married travelling gypsy Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt. Desite her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being happily married for 15 years, however, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced, with Noe later marrying Ted Sherlock. Because her kids were living with them, she decided to keep her previous name, becoming known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.
Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, producing a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chicken Schitt. Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in their local newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials, and their children were subsequently named Dawg, Byrd, and Horse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world, recently returning from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

woodbuck27
10-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Time to put your big boy pants on guys. I was getting sick of all the preseason superbowl talk and the dressing up like cowboys for that dinner. I mean we all know you have talent but that doesn't mean you don't have to show up and put in the work. I think we are lucky to be 3-1.

Your point isn't inaccurate. We didn't exactly look too splendid as the Eagles game came down to the wire. The Lions could very well of pulled off an upset yesterday.

but ...

The bottom line is we are 3 and 1. In the NFC that's very good to this point in the schedule; in our division that's almost 'a Gold' seeing what da Bears did Vs ' the NY Giants ' last night and the way the NFL is to this point unfolding as a whole with only a few teams firing all guns. :D

We'll take that 3 and 1 to the bank won't we? Re-assess given the latest injuries.

GO PACKERS!

mraynrand
10-04-2010, 11:44 PM
MM is the one who needs to be realistic and stop spewing the nonsense about the running game being fine. Our running game is pathetic. Stop chucking passes 40 yards downfield and incorporate a short passing game that takes advantage of our strength.

I really don't care that we ran the clock out against the Lions. Against a real team, we wouldn't be able to gain a yard. Our OL looks mediocre. Our RBs look pedestrian. Sure, Kuhn gives it his all...but that doesn't mean he belongs anywhere near a starting RB role in the NFL. If he's the best you've got, then you've got jack shit.

The Packers used the short passing game very well against the Bears.

The Lions are a real team. They played well enough to beat Chicago, stood with the Vikings for a good amount of a game with backups, and gave Green Bay all it could handle. Look, they sucked for years but now have an actual organization with skilled coaching and talent. When you finish down in the heap, you get the top picks. You make good picks and you will have better talent than the teams that finished ahead of you. The Packers had no chance at Johnson, Stafford, and Suh.

It's tough to win in the NFL. The Packers had a collection of injury issues to deal with on defense against the Lions and going forward. If they are lucky, guys will get healthy and/or return to form.

I was initially down on the game, but it looks better in hindsight considering what the Packers were going through.

packerbacker1234
10-05-2010, 12:07 AM
The fact the packers could run out the clock against that front 7 IS a statement.

That front 4 is arguably as good if not BETTER than what the vikings have to offer. And we ran out the clock against it. They could hardly be tired, given the fact their defense was on the sidelines all game.

Point isn't if we have the ability to hand it to Kuhn for a drive or two and ram it down people's throats - we can. The point is that it isn't something we are going to be able to do all game, and that is fine. We should primarily be a shotgun passing team with 2 drives a game that incorporate a more punishing running style with some nice PA passing.

2 drives out of 10. Rest? Shotgun, screen pass, SLANTS, with some good routes over the top and a few shots deep.

Remember what we did against Arizona int he playoffs? That should be what this offense is for 80% of our drives. The rest should beKuhn bruising with PA passing.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2010, 09:43 AM
If he's the best you've got, then you've got jack shit.

Well, he has an interesting family history.

[i]Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt, ...

Funny!

Pugger
10-05-2010, 11:53 AM
The fact the packers could run out the clock against that front 7 IS a statement.

That front 4 is arguably as good if not BETTER than what the vikings have to offer. And we ran out the clock against it. They could hardly be tired, given the fact their defense was on the sidelines all game.

Point isn't if we have the ability to hand it to Kuhn for a drive or two and ram it down people's throats - we can. The point is that it isn't something we are going to be able to do all game, and that is fine. We should primarily be a shotgun passing team with 2 drives a game that incorporate a more punishing running style with some nice PA passing.

2 drives out of 10. Rest? Shotgun, screen pass, SLANTS, with some good routes over the top and a few shots deep.

Remember what we did against Arizona int he playoffs? That should be what this offense is for 80% of our drives. The rest should beKuhn bruising with PA passing.

+1

With our wonderful QB and stable of receivers I submit we just might have enough of a running game to get by if TT can't find a GM willing to make a trade. 'Three yards and a cloud of dust' could be enough to keep defenses honest. If we run block half way decently Kuhn is a big enough load to move the pile and get some yards. If this can keep defenses from blitzing every down it will give Rodgers enough time to surgically disect defenses. :wink:

Fritz
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
It was an odd statement from MM. Usually coaches like to remind their teams that they aren't so good, that there's much to do. But here MM is reminding the guys that they actually won the game.

I like basketball coach Larry Brown's approach. He wanted the game played the right way, and he always said that if they did that the wins would take care of themselves.

I don't see the pack playing "the right way" very much right now. I hope they improve as the season goes on, but the mounting injuries concern me.