PDA

View Full Version : Packers May Lose LB Brandon Chillar for Season

pack4to84
10-04-2010, 02:32 PM
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2010/10/04/chillars-injury-could-be-serious/

Posted by Rob Demovsky October 4th, 2010, 2:03 pm

On the same day the Green Bay Packers lost safety Morgan Burnett for the season to a knee injury, there’s growing concern about linebacker Brandon Chillar’s shoulder injury.

“I hope it isn’t season-ending, don’t think it is, but I’m not going to rule out that it’s not possible,” Ivler said. “By Wednesday, we’ll probably have a better idea.”

Cheesehead Craig
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Get used to seeing Hawk in all the time now.

woodbuck27
10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Wow! If that's 'a fact' then it will be more difficult for TT to justify trading AJ Hawk.

1.) AJ Hawk would have more than likely remained a Packer in my view of all the chatter (ink) we've seen over the 2-3 weeks. What team wants to deal with ' the Wild contract ' he was awarded in terms of his salary status in 2011? Especially given his status of talent defending against 'the pass'.

2.) Where would AJ Hawk have been a perfect fit?

More and more we are seeing the effect that adversity plays potentially in terms related to hopeful and actual team success, that's too often a negative factor.

Being a fan responsible to yourself demands holding onto too optimistic thoughts and when it appears to be going really good. Holding your breath.

Funny thing about life. What goes up generally can be expected, to go down.

GO PACKERS!

pack4to84
10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
There goes any trades that had a LB for a RB.

SkinBasket
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Get used to seeing opponents walking down the middle of field the rest of the season unless we find someone to step up. Bush, Zombo, Poppinga, Barnett, Bishop, Hawk, and Smith sure as shit aren't going to.

I can do little more than pin all my hopes for this season's defense on the return of Digital Jesus himself, Atari Bigby. Maybe we can convince Harris to make the switch to safety now.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Now thats - Fuck.

mission
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Now thats - Fuck.

mmmdk
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Potentially losing Chillar would hit harder than most think; he's underrated. Now Chillar isn't a probowler but watching Hawk these days is tiresome. Where's the Hawk from 2006 & 2007? Chillar > Hawk

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Potentially losing Chillar would hit harder than most think; he's underrated. Now Chillar isn't a probowler but watching Hawk these days is tiresome. Where's the Hawk from 2006 & 2007? Chillar > Hawk

I agree. This would hurt A LOT more than losing Burnett. I fully believe Chillar is better than Hawk.

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM

I don't think it's so much that Hawk < Chillar, it's that Hawk in run downs + Chillar in nickel = good LB. Losing Chillar hurts the pass defense.

mmmdk
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM

I don't think it's so much that Hawk < Chillar, it's that Hawk in run downs + Chillar in nickel = good LB. Losing Chillar hurts the pass defense.

We're smart together :hug:

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM

Chillar to me seems just to be a better overall player. I like the way Chillar rushs the Qb on the blitz also. Either way packers are dropping like flies.

Chillar, Blackman (cut him b/c of injury), Harris, Bigby, Burnett, Grant, Harrell, Shields, Starks and Jolly (I know hes not a injury) are a lot of players to be missing.

mmmdk
10-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Chillar to me seems just to be a better overall player. I like the way Chillar rushs the Qb on the blitz also. Either way packers are dropping like flies.

Chillar, Blackman (cut him b/c of injury), Harris, Bigby, Burnett, Grant, Harrell, Shields, Starks and Jolly (I know hes not a injury) are a lot of players to be missing.

Darn, some good players missing alright; that list is getting too long.

Freak Out
10-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Get used to seeing opponents walking down the middle of field the rest of the season unless we find someone to step up. Bush, Zombo, Poppinga, Barnett, Bishop, Hawk, and Smith sure as shit aren't going to.

I can do little more than pin all my hopes for this season's defense on the return of Digital Jesus himself, Atari Bigby. Maybe we can convince Harris to make the switch to safety now.

The offense really has to step it up BIG TIME now. Horrible play and injuries have killed the D this year....hell...they made Shaun Hill look good. Well...Calvin helped humiliate them as well.

imscott72
10-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Better hope Barnett's wrist isn't anything serious. Not that he's a major asset as ILB, but right now we need bodies.

Smidgeon
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Better hope Barnett's wrist isn't anything serious. Not that he's a major asset as ILB, but right now we need bodies.

Agree on the "better hope" part, disagree on the "not a major asset" part. Except for Matthews (who's only been in 20 games), Barnett is the most complete LB on the team. Sure, he has his moments where he doesn't quite do what he's supposed to, but Barnett to anyone (except the elites like Urlacher, Lewis, etc) would be a step down. Barnett isn't elite, he isn't great, but he's just below that level.

pbmax
10-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't know why I noticed it more yesterday, but Hawk seemed a step slow everywhere, esp. in coverage. This would be brutal for pass defense.

I do not agree about him (Chillar) on the blitz, there is nothing there. If he is unblocked, then he looks like a world beater. Neither Chillar or Hawk make much difference there.

woodbuck27
10-04-2010, 05:31 PM

That's the real beginning of adversity... Personified !

How good is being 3 and 1 right now? How will MM and his coaching staff and TT react to this ugliness RE: the Injury Bug, that's a very real factor in terms of the success we hoped for this season?

GO ... Head Coach MM and Team Coach's and OUR undaunted GM ... TT !

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Weird.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/104321784.html

The "Big Okie," which features linebacker Brandon Chillar as the second safety, would be an ideal package against a physical Washington team led by scrambling quarterback Donovan McNabb. Chillar can blitz, cover tight ends and help in the run game.

The only question is whether Chillar will be available after missing the Detroit game with a shoulder injury. Last week, Chillar could barely put on his shirt, but Capers said Monday he was able to lift his arm, so there is hope he might be available.

The injury may be related to two other shoulder injuries suffered by Chillar, including one that bugged him part of last season.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Weird.

The "Big Okie," which features linebacker Brandon Chillar as the second safety, would be an ideal package against a physical Washington team led by scrambling quarterback Donovan McNabb. Chillar can blitz, cover tight ends and help in the run game.

The only question is whether Chillar will be available after missing the Detroit game with a shoulder injury. Last week, Chillar could barely put on his shirt, but Capers said Monday he was able to lift his arm, so there is hope he might be available.

The injury may be related to two other shoulder injuries suffered by Chillar, including one that bugged him part of last season.

Guess thats good news. Plus I watched Barnetts interview and he seemed fine. Doesn't look like his injury in serious. He said nothing is broken so he should be able to play. We need Chillar, Harris, and Bibgy back on defense and no more injuries for the rest of the season!

Fritz
10-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Injuries are starting to pile up. Harrell, Grant, and now Burnett and maybe Chillar.

This is the kind of streaky bad injury luck that can derail a team.

pbmax
10-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Weird.

All the Packers need to do is graft Hawk's upper torso to Chillar's legs and problem solved. New Frankenbacker.