PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score: Packers at Redskins

mmmdk
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Tough road game and even tougher game to predict. Normally in an even game I'd pick the team playing at home with the smarter coach; yet Packers can't "lose" 3 in a row...if you catch my drift. So the intangibles falls out, this time, to the road team with the super duper QB in Aaron Rodgers.

Packers 30 Redskins 24

mmmdk Pack predictions 2010:
at Eagles (L) W
Buffalo (W) W
at Chicago (L) L
Detroit (W) W
at Washington (W) ?

denverYooper
10-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I feel like the Packers get their game working for a week, put a spy on McNabb, and win this by 10. Both teams are a lil beat up right now and the Skins are more boner prone than GB.

24-14

gbgary
10-04-2010, 10:36 PM
if the o is allowed to do what it's capable of doing...34-15 Pack. if mm doesn't pull his head out...24-17 skins.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-04-2010, 11:05 PM
if the o is allowed to do what it's capable of doing...34-15 Pack. if mm doesn't pull his head out...24-17 skins.

Without the threat of the running game I don't think the offense is capable of 34. This is a game we really need to win though and I think we will.

Packers pull through injuries and win one in my home town Maryland.

Packers 23
Redskins 13

Tony Oday
10-04-2010, 11:30 PM
John Kuhn bull rushes to 87 yards and 2 TDs, AR throws 3 TDs and the Pack romp to an easy win.

CMIII puts McNabb on the bench in the third.

VegasPackFan
10-04-2010, 11:57 PM

I am now convinced that the Pack will never win by much on the shoulders of the offense with MM in charge. HE DOESNT GO FOR THE THROAT by letting his offense go full speed all game long. He changes the game plan as soon as they get up ten points, and a 30 point blow out slowly becomes a nail bighter down to the wire.

So it will be 21-20 in another maddenly frustrating game where we are probably leading 17-3 at half time and then MM goes in his hole for one and a half quarters.

Freak Out
10-05-2010, 12:07 AM
I think we rip them a new one when we have the ball and do enough on D to force a TO or two to win it.

Pack - 45

Skins - 17

Tarlam!
10-05-2010, 05:45 AM
A lot depends on if Haynsworth finally turns up to play.

McNabb will shred the makeshift nickel secondary and it will be a shootout.

I don't think the Pack win this one.

Sparkey
10-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Based on the lack of pass rush the last two games and McNabb's ability to move the pocket, throw the deep ball while ad libbing and mobility in and out of the pocket:

Redskins 27 - Packers 20

mmmdk
10-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Very imporatant litmus test on Packers in DC; Predictions please :pack:

Badgerinmaine
10-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I expect a tight but low scoring game. I wasn't all that dazzled by McNabb watching him last week (though I like him personally).
Green Bay 20
Washington 13

denverYooper
10-06-2010, 10:44 AM
The Lions are better than the Redskins.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-06-2010, 01:35 PM

You might very well be right. The Lions put up a hell of a fight.

TennesseePackerBacker
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I hate this spot for the Packers. DC can be a tough place to play, and the mobility of McNabb certainly scares me. However, if it weren't for the close win to the Lions, and the way our team seemed to act after the game I would pick the Skins to pull the upset.

The Skins coming off a big, physical, gut-it-out game against the Eagles, combined with our own close win gives me pause to think we'll win this game.

Packers 27 Skins 14

In Capers we trust. I believe his scheming this week will make all the difference. We'll score one D TD, or at the very least force a turnover or two deep in their own territory.

mmmdk
10-06-2010, 02:30 PM

You might very well be right. The Lions put up a hell of a fight.

Pretty soon I think this will be a fact but not before Lions start winning more games. For now: Redskins > Lions

Freak Out
10-07-2010, 07:46 PM
http://www.packerpalace.com/palace10/packergeist-main.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
10-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Problem is with all our injury issues, how is our defense going to fare?

I don't see how this is going to be a low scoring affair.

Packers 38
Redskins 37

Joemailman
10-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Arod should have a big day against a defense giving up 300+ yards a game through the air.

Packers 31

Skins 20

MJZiggy
10-07-2010, 09:13 PM

This is my fear--and I'm going to this one...

mmmdk
10-07-2010, 09:42 PM

Yeah but who's gonna punt for Skins? :wink: Bidwell to IR...Frost?

The Leaper
10-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Skins 24
Pack 20

McNabb loves torching GB

MJZiggy
10-07-2010, 10:26 PM

Yeah but who's gonna punt for Skins? :wink: Bidwell to IR...Frost?

Half of our already leaky defense is injured. Will they need to punt?

denverYooper
10-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Our interior OL has been pretty good. I'm not as worried about Haynesworth as I was about Peppers.

MJZiggy
10-08-2010, 06:19 AM

Our interior OL has been pretty good. I'm not as worried about Haynesworth as I was about Peppers.

More worried about McNabb than Haynesworth. Albert's still in a struggle with Shanahan. He hasn't been a $100 million player.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM

I am now convinced that the Pack will never win by much on the shoulders of the offense with MM in charge. HE DOESNT GO FOR THE THROAT by letting his offense go full speed all game long. He changes the game plan as soon as they get up ten points, and a 30 point blow out slowly becomes a nail bighter down to the wire.

So it will be 21-20 in another maddenly frustrating game where we are probably leading 17-3 at half time and then MM goes in his hole for one and a half quarters.My exact concern. Someone needs to tell M3 they saw his wife in the backseat of Shannahan's car or whatever it takes to piss him off. Maybe then he will let all hell loose, release the kraken, etc.

imscott72
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this game at all. Too many injuries on defense to get it all worked out in one week, plus on the road. Skins 28 Pack 24.

mraynrand
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM

So it will be 21-20 in another maddenly frustrating game where we are probably leading 17-3 at half time and then MM goes in his hole for one and a half quarters.My exact concern. Someone needs to tell M3 they saw his wife in the backseat of Shannahan's car or whatever it takes to piss him off. Maybe then he will let all hell loose, release the kraken, etc.

This is classic Stubby: By GOD WE WILL RUN THE BALL!

BTW, Stubby will never believe the Shanahan wifey thing: Shanahan was embalmed about 5 years ago, by the same guys who prepped Al Davis.

mraynrand
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM

More worried about McNabb than Haynesworth. Albert's still in a struggle with Shanahan. He hasn't been a $100 million player.

Haynesworth might be a little busy Sunday, catching up on his banking
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/90537327_c1d16d80d0.jpg

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 11:55 AM
So does M3 open things up like Rodgers (and likely the whole offense) requested or does he play hardass and try to prove a point? This is a big time game with the winner getting the edge regarding playoff position later in the season. I have to believe M3 knows this and plays what is his own strength and his teams. Pass, pass, and pass again. It hasn't been stopped and I dont see the redskins being the team that does stop it.

ThunderDan
10-08-2010, 12:46 PM
So does M3 open things up like Rodgers (and likely the whole offense) requested or does he play hardass and try to prove a point? This is a big time game with the winner getting the edge regarding playoff position later in the season. I have to believe M3 knows this and plays what is his own strength and his teams. Pass, pass, and pass again. It hasn't been stopped and I dont see the redskins being the team that does stop it.

He'll pass, pass and pass some more. And then the people here will bitch that MM has forgotten about the run. Then we will run in the second half and get stuffed and people will bitch that we can't run the ball and should be passing more.

Packers - 38
Redskins - 20

Smidgeon
10-08-2010, 01:00 PM

Without the threat of the running game I don't think the offense is capable of 34. This is a game we really need to win though and I think we will.

Packers pull through injuries and win one in my home town Maryland.

Packers 23
Redskins 13

Packers are tied for the fifth highest scoring team in the NFL and have the highest scoring team in the NFC......without "a threat of a running game". I haven't seen a lot of play action, so you're right there--they could score many more points with enough running to make the play-action work. But they're still putting up loads of points.

Green Bud Packer
10-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Pack 77
Skins 10

bobblehead
10-09-2010, 06:11 AM
If I were neutral I would pick the skins...I'm not so Pack 31-27.

This would be a good time to discover running the ball, and controlling TOP. We need to keep our D off the field and fresh. They are very banged up, and the best way to take the crowd and defense out of the game is steady 7 minute drives ending in scores.

wist43
10-09-2010, 07:29 AM
34-31 Skins

Pugger
10-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Haynesworth might be a little busy Sunday, catching up on his banking
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/90537327_c1d16d80d0.jpg

Haynesworth may be a little busy attending the funeral of his brother over the weekend.

AtlPackFan
10-09-2010, 11:38 AM
They had better F-ing win. I'm driving 45 minutes to watch the game at a Packer bar.

Packers 24, Philly 21

Mission, you going to TJs?

Fritz
10-09-2010, 12:00 PM

I hope we are wrong, Tar, but I am thinking along these same lines.

imscott72
10-09-2010, 12:06 PM

I hope we are wrong, Tar, but I am thinking along these same lines.

Haynesworth's 23 yr old brother was killed in a motorcycle wreck this week. So, either he doesn't play, or he plays and plays like a monster with that on his mind.

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Washington 52
Green Bay 45

MadtownPacker
10-09-2010, 11:04 PM
He'll pass, pass and pass some more. And then the people here will bitch that MM has forgotten about the run. Then we will run in the second half and get stuffed and people will bitch that we can't run the ball and should be passing more.

Packers - 38
Redskins - 20In the bears game M3 played it perfect. The only reason that was a loss was stupid penalties and even then it came down to James Jones giving the game away. He went pass happy and it was unstoppable. I consider the bears D pretty damn good, equal if not better than Washington for sure. That same game plan wins this game IMO, just not the ridiculous score you put up. If he does try to run say more than 30%-35% of the plays I think this is a loss. I guess we can check that number Monday. This is also dependent on what Hayneworth does. Does he not play or does he play and go off?

Dont like this game but I will still say 20-17 Packers.

ThunderDan
10-09-2010, 11:13 PM

Packers - 38
Redskins - 20In the bears game M3 played it perfect. The only reason that was a loss was stupid penalties and even then it came down to James Jones giving the game away. He went pass happy and it was unstoppable. I consider the bears D pretty damn good, equal if not better than Washington for sure. That same game plan wins this game IMO, just not the ridiculous score you put up. If he does try to run say more than 30%-35% of the plays I think this is a loss. I guess we can check that number Monday. This is also dependent on what Hayneworth does. Does he not play or does he play and go off?

Dont like this game but I will still say 20-17 Packers.

After watching the Eagles/Redskins game last week I am not really worried about the Wash O. We need to pass and pass and pass some more. Let the O eat MM. Let them put up 35+.

woodbuck27
10-09-2010, 11:58 PM
The way it is with both of these teams and I mean what sort of teams are they?

This is a tough one to predict. I do beliecve it could come down to a face off of QB's if MM allows Aaron Rodgers to do his thing.

Portis is out but 'the Redskins ' can still run the ball. Packers? Not so much based on past results. Best team in terms of the lines wins this one.

or..

Toss a coin ! Really !! It's been that sort of season to date.Tossing a coin could be just as effective as careful analysis. :lol: