PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Fire ST coach John Bonamego

denverYooper
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
The Pats had 3 ST TDs last night.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/10/miami-dolphins-fire-special-teams-coach.html

He was Sherman's ST guy for 3 years

Bretsky
10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
If my memory serves me right he was alright in Jacksonville and not that horrible for us, was he ?

pbmax
10-05-2010, 08:16 PM
He never lived up to his rep from Jacksonville, but he did OK. Sherman gave him vets to work with but the bottom of the roster was not top-notch and there were punter issues as well (did he have Rossum at all?). Wolf never should have let Hentrich go. Its been a curse ever since. Even Bidwell left and looked all-pro in Tampa with its low humidity and elevation.

:D

Noodle
10-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Good snark re Biddwell, pb, but actually, a ball will travel farther in humid air than dry air, because water vapor is less dense than air.

To your point though, a K ball in cold weather is an absolute bitch to kick, like kicking a manhole cover, and I'm guessing he didn't have many 30 degree days in Tampa.

pbmax
10-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Good snark re Biddwell, pb, but actually, a ball will travel farther in humid air than dry air, because water vapor is less dense than air.

To your point though, a K ball in cold weather is an absolute bitch to kick, like kicking a manhole cover, and I'm guessing he didn't have many 30 degree days in Tampa.
But humidity also adds water to the ball, doesn't it? To lessen the effect of Coors Field, they aren't adding de-humidifiers to the outfield. They keep the balls in a humidor.

I am willing to buy the water vapor versus dry air argument, but do you have a reference for that I can read?