PDA

View Full Version : Screen game ..?

steve823
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
How come the Packers hardly do any screens anymore? You would think that Brandon Jackson would be a good rb to do them with.

Is our O-line bad at setting screens up or is McCarthy just not a fan of them ? ..or maybe I'm jumping the gun :huh:

ND72
10-05-2010, 04:13 PM
How come the Packers hardly do any screens anymore? You would think that Brandon Jackson would be a good rb to do them with.

Is our O-line bad at setting screens up or is McCarthy just not a fan of them ? ..or maybe I'm jumping the gun :huh:

This is my opinion....To run a very good screen, you need athletic Tackles...of which we don't. You're tackles either are the lead block, or have to take on a few blocks as the guards move up field, and right now, I don't see our tackles able to do either.

With Sherman, we usually ran screens with our G/C/G...of which I have no idea why we don't do that with Colledge/Wells/Sitton...they seem perfect for that. Of course then I remember the 'Zona playoff game with Jackson having NOBODY in front of him but 3 lineman and 1 LB, and Colledge completely whiffed, and we lost yards.

I do think Jackson would be a perfect screen guy though, much like Edgar Bennett. You can't outrun your blockers, and Jackson has a tendancy to stick to his blocks a little too much.

Joemailman
10-05-2010, 04:19 PM

This is my opinion....To run a very good screen, you need athletic Tackles...of which we don't. You're tackles either are the lead block, or have to take on a few blocks as the guards move up field, and right now, I don't see our tackles able to do either.

With Sherman, we usually ran screens with our G/C/G...of which I have no idea why we don't do that with Colledge/Wells/Sitton...they seem perfect for that. Of course then I remember the 'Zona playoff game with Jackson having NOBODY in front of him but 3 lineman and 1 LB, and Colledge completely whiffed, and we lost yards.

I do think Jackson would be a perfect screen guy though, much like Edgar Bennett. You can't outrun your blockers, and Jackson has a tendancy to stick to his blocks a little too much.

I agree with your point about the tackles. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers become more of a screen team once Bulaga has replaced Clifton.

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Didn't Gruden say we were one of the best screen team in the league during the preseason MNF game vs the colts? :shock:

mmmdk
10-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Didn't Gruden say we were one of the best screen team in the league during the preseason MNF game vs the colts? :shock:

Somebody tell McCarthy!