PDA

View Full Version : Moss to the Vikings?

Pages : 1 [2]

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I seriously have the mental image of SC and Woody pawing at each other in a feeble attempt at a cat fight.

I'm more economical with my jab. :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Damn I forgot how much I missed Madtown. If only we can get Partial back we'll be set.

Yeah, I miss both of those guys too. Though Mad's lost much of his edge, as I think the white man has finally turned him into Cliff Huxtable.Sadly what SC says is true TPB...
http://teamronmiller.com/images/sellout.jpg

Patler
10-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Randy Moss, in the absence of Sydney Rice offers 'the Vikings', what they didn't have prior to that trade this season or in the three previous games of their schedule. A talented WR that is, an over the top and sideline deep threat to take the ball long or all the way to the end zone. He offers with Brett Favre a more lethal passing attack in the absence of Sydney Rice.

See, that's what's peculiar about this trade. He offered the same thing to NE, and NE acknowledges that after the trade they need WR help. Even the NFL website has reported that NE had discussions with San Diego after the Moss trade, offering Logan Mankins for Vincent Jackson. It's very clear that NE needs to replace Moss, so why did they trade him?

There is something about the "Moss is as good as ever", "Moss was a great team mate", "Moss and Bellichick got along fine" arguments that just don't jive with what is going on.

I'm very interested in how this plays out.

Bretsky
10-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Bottom line here is NE realized there was a 0% chance of resigning Moss because they didn't want to give him his last big contract. So they dealt him; it's BB's way. He's certain to get rid of players too soon over too late.
Moss realized it and let his feeling be known the wrong way. BB had meeting with Moss and with the media jumping all over the Patriots not negotiating an extension something was going to break.

If you don't buy into the team concept and don't want to play under Hoody's terms he shows you the door.

Bretsky
10-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Vincent Jackson, most likely, will be happy anywhere but in SD
And I'm sure BB figures he can mold him into a good teammate for a while

Tarlam!
10-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I think NE was never gonna get a value extension done, saw an opportunity to get better than a 5th compensatory pick and, given Moss' demonstrated past of causing headaches when unhappy, grabbed the opportunity.

I think the polemic that Bill put out there is just good manners.

Whether or not this was a good deal for:

1) Pats - Can they compensate the Moss loss this season and, going forward, what becomes of the #3 they Pick?

2) Vikings - Will the scandal surroung their QB become so encompassing that not even a great Moss can save the season? Will they even get a great Moss?

3) Moss - It's a contract year and he needs the Vikes to do well, so he can do well.

Only time will tell, but strictly from a Packers fan viewpoint, I hope the scandal causes it to be a trade of "bad timing" for The Vikes and Moss.

I admit, it's scary enough to think what might be, but with a not so stellar, under NFL investigion and with definite domestic issues playing QB, I am less worried about even a great Moss.

Patler
10-09-2010, 01:43 PM
But the timing is peculiar. NE usually takes care of these things in the off season, gets rid of an aging veteran or malcontent and plans for his replacement. Going into the season with Moss, then dumping him with no real alternative available, is not like NE. They shorted themselves during the season.

Bretsky
10-09-2010, 01:47 PM
But the timing is peculiar. NE usually takes care of these things in the off season, gets rid of an aging veteran or malcontent and plans for his replacement. Going into the season with Moss, then dumping him with no real alternative available, is not like NE. They shorted themselves during the season.

Moss went public through the media at start of the year
In the eyes of Hoody that's the first sign of a time bomb

Hoody is too smart to let the bomb go off and knew it was best to move on IMO

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 02:29 PM
I've been lurking for like 4 years, I just don't add much to the forum :lol:

Don't beat yourself up...sometimes somebody with 200 posts can contribute more than someone with 9300...

:P

I can vouch for that

pbmax
10-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Moss went public through the media at start of the year
In the eyes of Hoody that's the first sign of a time bomb

Hoody is too smart to let the bomb go off and knew it was best to move on IMO
But you are still left with the fact that Randy Moss was not as valuable to the Patriots as a 4th round pick. McGinn wrote in his Lynch trade roundup that 4th round picks routinely change hands in trades of little consequence, much different than how GMs treat 3 round picks.

Add in the fact that New England wasn't using him in certain WR packages and he was virtually catchless in 2 games means something other than malcontentedness was going on. Why keep this guy in a contract year and then plan on not throwing him the ball?

Now Minnesota has the bomb in their hands and Moss still does not have a contract.

3irty1
10-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I know comp picks are a complicated formula taking $ and production into account but wouldn't it shock anyone if Moss was worth a 3rd or 4th comp pick anyway? Patler is right... something else was going on besides the obvious that Moss is seemingly incapable of playing well when unhappy and wanted more money. He made NE a better team and a 3rd round pick isn't exactly a steal.

I'm thinking something along the lines that NE knows he has a highly contagious flesh eating disease.

mission
10-09-2010, 05:29 PM
tl;dr

:lol:

No one was addressed in my post unless I specifically did. I'm no one to tell anyone to do anything here, but I'd like to think I have a decent grasp on what's appropriate for a PACKERS forum.

I try to involve myself in a wide range of topics. Not just ones that require me to bash Favre or defend him or whatever.

MadtownPacker
10-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Bottom line here is NE realized there was a 0% chance of resigning Moss because they didn't want to give him his last big contract. So they dealt him; it's BB's way. He's certain to get rid of players too soon over too late.
Moss realized it and let his feeling be known the wrong way. BB had meeting with Moss and with the media jumping all over the Patriots not negotiating an extension something was going to break.

If you don't buy into the team concept and don't want to play under Hoody's terms he shows you the door.Whats up you dirty white boy!! I thought you had got banned for sending the lady posters nasty PMs. :lol:

woodbuck27
10-09-2010, 11:45 PM
I've been lurking for like 4 years, I just don't add much to the forum :lol:

Don't beat yourself up...sometimes somebody with 200 posts can contribute more than someone with 9300...

Come out in the alley and we'll talk about that. Reality therapy. :lol:

GO PACKERS!

MJZiggy
10-10-2010, 08:46 AM

If you don't buy into the team concept and don't want to play under Hoody's terms he shows you the door.Whats up you dirty white boy!! I thought you had got banned for sending the lady posters nasty PMs. :lol:

Nah, he skipped the cock shots so we let him off....

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Nah, he skipped the cock shots so we let him off....

Which reminds me, we haven't heard much from Skin lately :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Nah, he skipped the cock shots so we let him off....Yeah he would have been easy to ID with chocolate syrup all over the place. But honestly, we know you nasty broads would cry in public but share them with all your friends who love the D as well.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Now here is a little comedic relief: :lol:

Sun Oct 10 11:16am PDT

According to Charley Casserly of CBS, Brady and Moss had a verbal altercation before the trade and that the pair had to be separated. During the spat, Brady told his receiver to shave his beard.

Randy Moss told Tom Brady his haircut made him look like a girl

By Chris Chase

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Moss-and-Brady-argued-about-whose-hair-looks-wor?urn=nfl-275875

Yea but... Justin Bieber isn't 'a girl Randy, and that haircut of Tom Brady's is ala JB's, I understand.

Now that's funny and no wonder Randy Moss was shiped out. :roll:

NOT !

Tough loss for 'the Pack' today. They'll rebound. That wasn't an easy matchup to win especially on the road in Washington.

GO PACK GO !

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Yo Mad; nice to see ya. Same old same old.....busy with kids and house and spouse.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....hush on the pm's and pix

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Nah, he skipped the cock shots so we let him off....Yeah he would have been easy to ID with chocolate syrup all over the place. But honestly, we know you nasty broads would cry in public but share them with all your friends who love the D as well.

I prefer Caramel

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Sports of The Times

Moss Trade Shows Perils of Patriots’ Way

By WILLIAM C. RHODEN

Published: October 9, 2010

Pro football is still buzzing over the blockbuster trade that sent Randy Moss, one of the best receivers in history, to Minnesota from New England.

The timing of the trade could not have been better for Vikings fans and worse for the Jets.

The last time Jets fans saw Moss — in Week 2 — he was streaking down the field and making a spectacular, one-handed touchdown catch on a pass from Tom Brady, with Darrelle Revis giving chase and grabbing his hamstring.

Three weeks later, a re-energized Moss has returned to Minnesota and joined Brett Favre. . . .

Story cont'd hit ... LINK below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/10/sports/10rhoden.html?src=me&ref=sports

GO PACK GO !

retailguy
10-10-2010, 04:27 PM

I prefer Caramel

Caramel. lol. only with the favre all pro jersey. special that way.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM

I prefer Caramel

Your having a solid day in the Pro Pickem retailguy. Alot of people arn't.

Funny season so far. TOUGH certainly 'pour moi' :lol: to date.

GO PACKERS!

retailguy
10-10-2010, 04:35 PM

I prefer Caramel

GO PACKERS!

afternoon games have to go my way. pinned a lot on cincinnati today, they let me down. dallas is going to screw me, and maybe san diego too.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 10:56 PM
When we last saw Moss in MN, he complained about not getting the ball enough (not necessarily unusual for WRs). At one time this resulted in the talk of a "Randy Ratio", which I thought was a poor approach by the coaches. Moss admitted to loafing through plays he would not be involved in. He walked off the field before a game was done. He had other acts of immaturity.

The loafing got worse in Oakland, according to reports.

Moss has been different in NE, until his little incident at the start of the season.
Was this due to Bellechik or did Moss mature?
Will Moss be motivated, or will he complain about a new contract?
The difference according to reports is that Moss respected Belicheck, but did not hold the assistant coaches in the same regard. As you mention, a lot depends on how Chilldress handles the situation.

But as for maturing, his opponents have said on more than one occasion that he still takes plays off. You could see him taking plays off in the game versus the Dolphins. In fact, it seems that it went so far that when the Patriots went five wide, there was a TE and a RB in the pattern, but no Moss. One opposing player said this helped tip defenses off to the coming play.

He may very well be the difference maker in Minnesota, but it will not be because he changed.

He takes plays off, but they're not random plays off. He's playing to get paid now. In NE he was playing to get traded. I expect he'll have his shit together.
He didn't manage that in NE for the first four games of his contract year. He is the same player. He reacted poorly because it became apparent that NE was not going to extend him. I think if the contract issue stays the same, he will play the same. He will still be close to All World when his number is called, otherwise, he'll be loafing.

He won't loaf with Favre as his QB. Favre will take him down on no uncertain terms id he loafs. This is no ordinary WR and Favre knows it. Favre will expect him to ive errr the way he always has or look out.

Moss doesn't need that BS and he needs to look good from here on out this season. I believe he'll play as he neeeds to. Of course, I might be wrong but that is what I believe we'll see. Then there is the thing that's going on in the NFL this season overall and in terms of what can any fan predict.

It's so far just a crazy season RE: analysis.

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 11:07 PM

I prefer Caramel

GO PACKERS!

afternoon games have to go my way. pinned a lot on cincinnati today, they let me down. dallas is going to screw me, and maybe san diego too.

I was shocked at loss's by the Saints, Cowboys and Bolts and all by at least a TD retailguy. What were the odds that would happen?

If those three win then I shoot right back into the mix in Pro Pickem. That didn't happen and I don't have a clue what in the world is going down thus far in the NFL.

The Hawks look good now but they have to sustain that and it's hard to do and they may be peaking too early. It's wide open right now. Proffesional analysts must be getting ulcers. Vegas is making loads of dough.

It sure looks to me like I'm taking more lumps last time I checked Eagles @ 49ers. I don't believe in five seasons I've ever had a losing week.

Hello for that and week Five in 2010. hahaaha. Ya just have to laugh.

I'm looking for a lucky silver dollar. That seems to me to be the answer, retailguy. :lol:

Packers !

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 11:11 PM
tl;dr

No one was addressed in my post unless I specifically did. I'm no one to tell anyone to do anything here, but I'd like to think I have a decent grasp on what's appropriate for a PACKERS forum.

I try to involve myself in a wide range of topics. Not just ones that require me to bash Favre or defend him or whatever.

Sometimes it's hard to be cool even ' when your cool '. LOL

What a rotten week. :lol:

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I know comp picks are a complicated formula taking $ and production into account but wouldn't it shock anyone if Moss was worth a 3rd or 4th comp pick anyway? Patler is right... something else was going on besides the obvious that Moss is seemingly incapable of playing well when unhappy and wanted more money. He made NE a better team and a 3rd round pick isn't exactly a steal.

I'm thinking something along the lines that NE knows he has a highly contagious flesh eating disease.

Actually from what I read that 3rd made decent sense to ... ' it was solid ', given that NE would't sign Moss in terms of their need to revise their offensive scheme to afford a better running game.

A knock on Randy Moss is he's not solid as a blocker and his presence on the LOS made it easier for opposing 'D's to set up. That fact made NE more predictable on 'O'.

PACKERS !

Bossman641
10-10-2010, 11:28 PM

Actually from what I read that 3rd made decent sense to ... ' it was solid ', given that NE would't sign Moss in terms of their need to revise their offensive scheme to afford a better running game.

A knock on Randy Moss is he's not solid as a blocker and his presence on the LOS made it easier for opposing 'D's to set up. That fact made NE more predictable on 'O'.

PACKERS !

Why do you think he isn't a solid blocker? I know my answer - effort. If Moss doesn't feel like doing something than he sure as hell won't do it. I'm hoping he brings that same attitude with him to Minnesota.

3irty1
10-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Come on Moss didn't get traded because he's a lousy blocker. That's like selling your car because there's not enough cup holders.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 11:36 PM
It's reported that Randy Moss doesn't fit into a running game as well as NE desires for their future offensive schemes.

(redacted)

So everybody wins in this trade. It would appear that RM may be a perfect fit in Minny.

I quoted only two sentences so as to shorten the response, and I don't think it results in seeing anything out of context, because I believe each statement stands on its own. If I am wrong I apologize.

I think these two statements are contradictory, and are exactly why I am not so certain in the success of this trade for the Vikings. MN should be a run-focused, Peterson-showcasing offense. He is their best weapon. If Moss didn't fit NE's style of offense, how can he fit the Vikings', which should be even more run-focused than NE's? Success of the trade will depend on Moss himself.

As to Belichick's comments, he said only what I would expect him to say whether or not there had been a problem with Moss.

I'm reading this post again and I'll add further comment Patler:

" If Moss didn't fit NE's style of offense, how can he fit the Vikings', which should be even more run-focused than NE's? " Patler

Minny has AP as their RB and that fella is a hose. He runs pretty well up the middle and to both sides and makes his own yardage rushing. He's a Mack truck Patler. He punish's defenses and unfortunately it looks to me with his wild running style he may not remainas a topo RB for as long as some may expect. AP doesn't need Randy Moss to block on whatever side Randy Moss lines up on. It seems to me that Moss lines up alot on the LHS.

" As to Belichick's comments, he said only what I would expect him to say whether or not there had been a problem with Moss. " Patler

The above statement seems to say to me that you don't believe 'a lick' of what Belichick said in defense of Randy Moss. I cannot easily challenge that. That's your opinion Patler. How does anyone challenge an opinion easily and alter that? Shaking my head.

I must be confused. OK! :lol:

Is this world dominated by lies and deceits? Is that a common course when it comes to an NFL GM and HC that has managed to lead his team to more wins than any otyer over the last decade.? I wonder if that's a fact in your book of facts and knowledge Patler? :)

PACKERS!

woodbuck27
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriotsresume

Belichick downplays report of Brady-Moss spat

By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer

The coach of the New England Patriots downplayed on Monday a report that Moss and Tom Brady(notes) had an altercation before the wide receiver was traded to the Minnesota Vikings last Wednesday.

“That’s news to me,” Belichick said during a conference call.

Did he ask Brady whether the spat occurred?

“That’s my answer. News to me,” he said.

With his team returning from an off week before Sunday’s game against Baltimore, Belichick said he spent time during the weekend trying “to catch up on some stuff with the family and kids. Watch them play.”

But in a pregame show on Sunday, CBS analyst Charley Casserly reported...

Cont'd ... LINK

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/491371-brett-favres-elbow-and-10-reasons-randy-moss-wishes-he-was-still-in-new-england

Brett Favre's Elbow and 10 Reasons Randy Moss Wishes He Was Still in New England

By: Blake Oestriecher (Featured Columnist)

October 14, 2010

Ohh Randy! :lol:

Take Em Packers ! ... Next week in Lambeau

woodbuck27
10-15-2010, 05:15 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/487619-randy-moss-top-ten-games-as-a-minnesota-viking

Randy Moss' Top 10 Games as a Minnesota Viking

By JP Frederick (Featured Columnist)

October 10, 2010

That was then ... then, there's now.

The Shutdown of Randy Moss in Lambeau. See it next Sunday night.

GO PACKERS GO !

Iron Mike
10-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Couple random thoughts:

1. It's now or never for the Vikes to get their new stadium approved, with the pending expiration of the Metrodome lease. Wilf has shown he will do anything he can to keep the team in the forefront of local media and put the best product possible on the field to help the stadium push.

2. Recalling the article by Brandt a couple weeks ago about how the Favre - Moss deal went down. Anybody else think ol' #4 might have made a request or two to upper management to get Moss? Viking brass seems to be willing to do whatever is necessary to keep their starting QB happy, and are perhaps learning from possible mistakes made by Packer management in a similar situation.

3. The Patriots really look pretty weak on paper now. Brady, Welker coming off a serious injury, some TE potential, and that's about it. No running game to speak of and a porous defense. If they were any team other than the Patriots, they would look like an 8-8 team at best.

This. And it just made the Vikes game vs. NE in a couple weeks that much easier.

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! :P

vince
10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Moss at podium. Says he won't answer questions rest of season. Misses #Patriots. Saying nothing about #Vikings.

Moss just said he gave Vikings tips on Pats and today it was acknowledged that he was right. In other words, they didn't listen.

Moss called Belichick the best coach in the history of football. He is clearly upset with the Vikings.

That was unbelievable. Five minutes about how great #Patriots are. All but said regrets trade. Took no questions. This. Is. A. Train. Wreck.

MJZiggy
10-31-2010, 07:06 PM
SOOOO glad he didn't come here.

gbgary
10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
loving every minute of the vikings/cowboys colapse.

vince
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
This seems almost too good to be true...

Moss walks into the press conference room unannounced while reporters waited for Favre's scheduled post-game PC and starts blabbering away - Among other things, he says,

I got fined $25,000 for not answering questions last week. Let me be clear, I'm not going to answer questions anymore this year. I don't care. If I'm going to hold an interview, I'm going to aks myself the questions.

This. Is. A. Train. Wreck.

vince
10-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Moss also ripped Childress for not kicking a FG late in the first half. I didn't even notice that listening to it live.

Fritz
10-31-2010, 07:35 PM
What was that 80's song? "Lovin' Every Minute of It"?

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
This seems almost too good to be true...

Moss walks into the press conference room unannounced while reporters waited for Favre's scheduled post-game PC and starts blabbering away - Among other things, he says,

I got fined $25,000 for not answering questions last week. Let me be clear, I'm not going to answer questions anymore this year. I don't care. If I'm going to hold an interview, I'm going to aks myself the questions.

This. Is. A. Train. Wreck.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/Sa4QLaP14wI/AAAAAAAA7aE/p_Sn09TnSx4/s640/423727983_dac49569c5.jpghttp://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/41d3e90314f6011c2b62e1136c27f3aa.jpg

Lurker64
10-31-2010, 07:47 PM
http://artaban7.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2009-4-22-viking_funeral.jpg

Iron Mike
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Moss at podium. Says he won't answer questions rest of season. Misses #Patriots. Saying nothing about #Vikings.

Moss just said he gave Vikings tips on Pats and today it was acknowledged that he was right. In other words, they didn't listen.

Moss called Belichick the best coach in the history of football. He is clearly upset with the Vikings.

That was unbelievable. Five minutes about how great #Patriots are. All but said regrets trade. Took no questions. This. Is. A. Train. Wreck.

transcript (http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Randy_Moss_rambling_Patriots_love_fest_the_complet e_transcript103110)

pbmax
10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
http://artaban7.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2009-4-22-viking_funeral.jpg
That picture never fails to bring a smile to my face.

And you really need to reassess where you are as an organization when Randy is making the sensible critique.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2010, 09:05 PM
This is Brett Favre and Randy Moss we are discussing. They can concentrate on extending one anothers careers as a main focus and in turn benefit the Minnesota Vikings. That will have to be a results oriented focus. One defined by one word.

Winning.

Bump.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey! Scott... :D

I'm always happy to see 'good things' come to 'good people'.

Brett Favre is overall and by far, GOOD. Evidence to support that ' as a TRUTH ' ... abounds on the internet.

GO PACKERS!

Bump.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Adding Randy Moss gurantees nothing IMO, but alot!

A BIG STORY deserves a BIG Post ! :lol:

Having # 84 back in a Viking jersey is huge for that team and it's fans.

Gurantees ??

It gurantees that Brett Favre finally gets his desire met.

Bump, for all those 2-5 desires being met.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Favre knows the in's and out's of the WCO. He knows the strengths and weakness's of our 'D'. Huge advantage ...Vikings. It got worse today .

Randy Moss.

and this:

Who gets 'the last laugh' Scott? You or I?

And bumpety bump. :lol:

I'll leave that excellent question for you to answer Woodrow.

Cheesehead Craig
10-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Watching most of the 2nd half, it was obvious that Moss was shutting it down. There doesn't appear to be any effort on his part.

I agree completely that he realizes he made a stupid move to try and get out of NE and another one wanting to come play with Favre. Favre was poor before Randy got to MN and he's poor still with Randy there.

MN gave up a 4th rounder (a high one by the looks of it) for a player who is not going to re-sign and isn't helping them win games.

Joemailman
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
With Moss in the lineup the Vikes win the North...hands down unless Harris comes back and does NOT miss a step...do you really see this happening?

I would not crown their @sses yet......lol....Sydney Rice still might not make it back and if he doesn't that would really hurt them. Things are just not clicking for the Vikes this year and it would not surprise me if the breaks don't fall their way this year

That teams managment and ownership just proved to me that you can and must seize the moment and take 'the bull by the horns' B. That's what wins in Pro Sports. Guts...Gutsy moves pay BIG RETURNS.

Too bad we don't have a similiar mentality in our front office.

I'm reminded as I post this B. of the name of one of Snow Whites pals...Sleepy. You snooze ...YOU LOSE! :D

Once apon a time..... errrr TT !?

Still waiting for those returns...

MJZiggy
10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Watching most of the 2nd half, it was obvious that Moss was shutting it down. There doesn't appear to be any effort on his part.

I agree completely that he realizes he made a stupid move to try and get out of NE and another one wanting to come play with Favre. Favre was poor before Randy got to MN and he's poor still with Randy there.

MN gave up a 4th rounder (a high one by the looks of it) for a player who is not going to re-sign and isn't helping them win games.

I think this says tremendous things about the locker room in Minny.

HowardRoark
10-31-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/170295/trainwreck-o.gif

Verbatim: Randy Moss
October, 31, 2010
Oct 31
8:39

By Kevin Seifert
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- As I noted in the previous post, Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss popped into the interview room Sunday at Gillette Stadium and offered a near-five minute statement that addressed a number of issues. Most of related to his departure from and continuing respect for the New England Patriots. But some of it related to Sunday's 28-18 loss and his nascent experience thus far with the Vikings.

I just got done transcribing the entire statement. It's all posted below, with the Vikings-relevant sections in bold. It's wild.

Here we go:

"I'm going to go ahead and start this thing off. I'm going to go ahead and say this. I think I said something a couple weeks ago. Look, I got fined $25,000 for not speaking to you all. Me personally, I really don't care. But at the same time, I do answer questions throughout the week. For the league to fine me $25,000, I'm not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct. So I'll answer my own questions. I'll ask myself the questions, then give y'all the answers. So from here on out, I'm not answering any more questions for the rest of this season. Enough said of that, now we'll get to the game.

"Let me hold it down. Alright. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, Wilfolk, Tommy Boy, Mayo, Kevin Faulk, man I miss them guys, man, I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It's been an up and down roller coaster emotionally for me all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys, running plays and I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game, so I kind of know what type of feeling they have on their locker room, man. I just want to be able to tell the guys, I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room.

"I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game. I've never had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special. That's something I really take to heart. I actually salute coach Belichick and his team and the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So I'm actually stuck for words, just because of the fact that, man, this is just, a lot of memories here. To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that.

"Like I said, it's been an emotional roller coaster all week. Tried to prepare, tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played, couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies here. The bad part about it, is you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over and say, 'Dag Moss, I guess you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.' And it hurts as a player, that you put a lot of hard work in during the week, and at the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that's when they acknowledge about the hard work that you put in throughout the week. That's actually a disappointment.

"I can't really say enough about this team and this organization. I met with Mrs. Kraft before the game because I really didn't have a chance to talk to her before I left. I thanked Mrs. Kraft for letting me have the opportunity to be a part of something special. The New England Patriots have always been a special organization and I've always watched from afar.

"When I got drafted by Minnesota, and I think I said this a couple weeks ago, I think I felt obligated to bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota. And this season is still not over. Do I know what next season and the future is going to bring? No, I do not. But all I can say is that it's a lot of work that we leave on the field each day.

"There is a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work in New England and the only thing that I really tried to do was take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he's given me about the game of football, and I tried to sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how. So I'm going to go ahead and end this interview, I have my family to see.

"Definitely down that we lost this game because I didn't expect us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe it could have been different. Maybe not. I don't know how many more times I'm going to be up here in New England, but I'm going to leave the New England Patriots, coach Belichick, man, with a salute. Man, I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out."

mraynrand
10-31-2010, 11:04 PM

Let me be clear.... geezus, where have I heard this before?

bobblehead
11-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Let me be clear.

Once again the teams that let the disgruntled asshats go are thriving while asshats are faultering.

My best friend told me TT lacked the guts to do what the Jets did. Go out and get a Cromartie, Taylor, Tomlinson to shore up the team for a super bowl run.

What up boys....we just went into their backyard with 6 (or is it 7) starters out and kicked their arse. I'm sure glad TT doesn't listen to the common folk.

Fritz
11-01-2010, 07:02 AM
The next time we hear about how Thompson won't pull the trigger, how he's afraid to make a deal, that only those who will risk it all NOW have the guts and the chance to win it all, etc. etc.....we can point to this moment in this season.

Moss - unhappy camper in Minny
Favre - ten million dollar man, had to be begged to come back. I wonder if any of those three recruiters who went down to Hattiesburg wish they hadn't?
Vikings - 2 - 5.

Is the season over for them? Of course not. It's a long season and they could very well turn it around. As we all keep saying, they have plenty of talent. But right now, at least, it's not looking so good over der in dem Twin Cities.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Let me be clear, TJack didn't look all that impressive in relief duty, difficult as the circumstances might have been. He is pretty good at the tuck and run, baby!

Cheesehead Craig
11-01-2010, 09:03 AM
The Sports Director at the NBC TV affiliate came out and said that the Vikes should simply cut Moss due to the post-game comments. Said there's no reason for what he said and that he shouldn't be out there praising other teams and that the Viking faithful need to hear how he's going to help them win.

Pretty harsh words given these guys usually try and sugarcoat things and have some sort of homerism.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.chriskula.com/misc/randy.jpghttp://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/minnesota.jpg

Tony Oday
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I love being wrong :)

pbmax
11-01-2010, 11:37 AM
No, no! Move Moss' image so he appears to be mooing White Bear Lake!

http://www.chriskula.com/misc/randy.jpghttp://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/minnesota.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Moss just isn't the same player. He's lost a lot of speed. He's still a nice player with good size to cause matchup problems, but he's not the superstar receiver he once was. I also question whether he's a good match for Brett. Brett has always done well with guys that run good routes (especially the slant) and don't give up on plays (because you never know when Brett is going to throw a pass you don't expect). I'm thinking of Sterling, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Donald Driver, etc. His specialty was never the long ball. It was the slant and medium range routes.

mngolf19
11-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I think we all saw this coming if they were to keep losing. I imagine a couple more losses and something even more drastic may happen. What that is? Reversing my previous position on Chilly's status, I think Zyg will fire his ass in an attempt to alleviate the fan's ire and to continue his modus operandi that he wants and will do whatever he thinks will help the team in the future.

gbgary
11-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Let me be clear.

Once again the teams that let the disgruntled asshats go are thriving while asshats are faultering.

Is the season over for them? Of course not. It's a long season and they could very well turn it around. As we all keep saying, they have plenty of talent. But right now, at least, it's not looking so good over der in dem Twin Cities.

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 12:41 PM
So the Vikings are now 1-3 with Randy Moss. Just think without Randy's help they would have been 0-4?

Guiness
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
The Sports Director at the NBC TV affiliate came out and said that the Vikes should simply cut Moss due to the post-game comments. Said there's no reason for what he said and that he shouldn't be out there praising other teams and that the Viking faithful need to hear how he's going to help them win.

Pretty harsh words given these guys usually try and sugarcoat things and have some sort of homerism.

I never thought of that, but he's right.

Have to know when to fish, and when to cut bait. Considering Moss isn't coming back next season, cut bait.

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I think we all saw this coming if they were to keep losing. I imagine a couple more losses and something even more drastic may happen. What that is? Reversing my previous position on Chilly's status, I think Zyg will fire his ass in an attempt to alleviate the fan's ire and to continue his modus operandi that he wants and will do whatever he thinks will help the team in the future.

Who goes first: Chilly or Wade Phillips?

mraynrand
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Moss just isn't the same player. He's lost a lot of speed. He's still a nice player with good size to cause matchup problems, but he's not the superstar receiver he once was. I also question whether he's a good match for Brett. Brett has always done well with guys that run good routes (especially the slant) and don't give up on plays (because you never know when Brett is going to throw a pass you don't expect). I'm thinking of Sterling, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Donald Driver, etc. His specialty was never the long ball. It was the slant and medium range routes.

Good post. I have to believe Favre is scratching his head now that he sees for himself the pays that Moss takes off. I saw a whole bunch of 'em yesterday. That's a nightmare for a QB like Favre who will fire a pass in there at the drop of the hat, at the last possible instant. Moss=Tool

denverYooper
11-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Zulgad:

NFL Network reporting the Vikings just waived Randy Moss

vince
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
WOW!
There's a 3rd round pick down the tubes!

Watch the Pats pick him up! :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Favre knows the in's and out's of the WCO. He knows the strengths and weakness's of our 'D'. Huge advantage ...Vikings. It got worse today .

Randy Moss.

and this:

Who gets 'the last laugh' Scott? You or I?

And bumpety bump. :lol:

I'll leave that excellent question for you to answer Woodrow.

Bump.

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I think this hurts the Vikings long-term. They are getting old and need replacements at key positions. Number 1 being what do they do at QB when BF retires.

Now they are trading away draft picks for a 13 game rental. I heard on NFL radio this morning that the Vikings were not going to extend Moss. If they did Greenway, Lieber et al who were told there would be no extensions or raises would be lied to for a 2nd time this year (BF and Moss).

I guess it was a 4 game rental. :lol:

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Hmmmmm Moss, Rice, Harvin, Peterson, and a motivated Favre? How would anyone stop that.

Let Minnesota waive Randy Moss? :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
This thread has just become the mother lode of all bumping. :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
sounds like minn is willing to do whatever it takes with the window they've been given.To bad TT doesn't know how to get whatever it takes to win.

Thanks Ted!

denverYooper
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
This thread has just become the mother lode of all bumping. :lol:

http://image1.altnet.com/images/29/886971464429/Sir_MixALot/Return_Of_The_Bumpasaurus/Sir_MixALot-Return_Of_The_Bumpasaurus_3.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
11-01-2010, 02:45 PM
He'll be a free agent next year so my guess is he's be motivated and work hard like he did when he got to NE.

He was already in a contract year, and he pitched a huge fit. Nothing has changed about his contract situation, so I'm not as sure as you are that his attitude will change. Maybe, maybe not.

Nobody knows for sure what will happen but he pitched a fit and got his way. Pitching another one doesn't make much sense but who knows.

Adding to the bumpage, because I want to be like Scott.

gbgary
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
sounds like minn is willing to do whatever it takes with the window they've been given.To bad TT doesn't know how to get whatever it takes to win.

Thanks Ted!

ouch! lol

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
At one time, Moss was excited to be playing with Tom Brady, too.

And he has a record setting year. 98 catches, 23tds. He only needs to be excited to play with Favre for one season (this one) for us to be worried. Favre is either done this year, or due to this trade, he is willing for one more shot again next year.

Bottom line is their window is now. They don't need moss to happy long term, they need moss to be happy right now, and from all indications, he is happy right now, and the dream matchup that they have both talked about in the past (favre and moss together) has finally happened. Moss is playing for a contract - not just from the vikings, but to increase his FA value.

This is a SCARY thing to happen within the NFC North. If that OL clicks as the season wears on (sort of like how ours does every year) - the vikings will be scary.

Moss is going to want 10 mil a year, and I am not sure the vikings are going to give that when they feel Rice is a legit #1.

This is a move to win this year. Anything, a deal, or whatever, is fluff.

Nice theory. :lol:

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 02:48 PM
This is just general thoughts to no one specifically.

What's going to happen if Favre gets knocked out and TJack is the QB? You think Moss will be happy about that? Is Moss really going to be happy without a contract extension? If Favre keeps struglling with a bad ankle and the Vikings go heavy to the run with AP is Randy going to be happy not being the focal point of the O? When Rice comes back is Moss going to be happy sharing balls? Does having Moss on the team hurt the development of Rice and Harvin? What if MN doesn't make the Super Bowl (You have Favre and Moss added to team and can't get it done)?

I think Minnesota upgraded its offense but are the question marks worth the reward?

Questions I asked 4 weeks ago!

pbmax
11-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Its like Andre Rison during the Packers Super Bowl season. Except the only position that isn't dropping like flies on the team now is WR.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Seems like a win-win to me. Even Viking hater Adam Schein is saying this is an outstanding move for Minnesota and a head scratcher for New England.

It's win-win for me anyway. :lol:

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Seems like a win-win to me. Even Viking hater Adam Schein is saying this is an outstanding move for Minnesota and a head scratcher for New England.

It's win-win for me anyway. :lol:

I was just going to bump that quote but felt I had bumped enough! :lol:

Patler
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
This might sum it up the best:

As Silver quoted one unnamed Viking saying, "I think it's all or nothing. It's either the missing piece and we go all the way, or Moss takes on Chilly and this thing blows up by the end of October. There's no C grade on this one. It'll either be an A or an F."

I wish I knew who the "unnamed Viking" is in that quote. He hit it on the head, even to the day!

mngolf19
11-01-2010, 03:33 PM

Well I was right about something big. :)

mngolf19
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

What's going to happen if Favre gets knocked out and TJack is the QB? You think Moss will be happy about that? Is Moss really going to be happy without a contract extension? If Favre keeps struglling with a bad ankle and the Vikings go heavy to the run with AP is Randy going to be happy not being the focal point of the O? When Rice comes back is Moss going to be happy sharing balls? Does having Moss on the team hurt the development of Rice and Harvin? What if MN doesn't make the Super Bowl (You have Favre and Moss added to team and can't get it done)?

I think Minnesota upgraded its offense but are the question marks worth the reward?

All could be answered with one thing, are they winning? They aren't therefore...

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 03:39 PM

You earned my respect coming in here this afternoon.

ThunderDan
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM

All could be answered with one thing, are they winning? They aren't therefore...

Isn't that the whole point? Signing Moss didn't guarantee any victories so all of those questions were relavant.

mngolf19
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM

Isn't that the whole point? Signing Moss didn't guarantee any victories so all of those questions were relavant.

Well none of those matter if they're losing because he'd become a headache and they'd let him go after the season(or sooner). If they're winning, no one complains.

steve823
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Lol. Good, let them give up more draft picks for a player past his prime. He should help the already struggling Vikes implode even more.

Oh and this is a LOT better then them getting Vincent Jackson, who has a long future.

Thank you for filling my wish Randy.

mngolf19
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

You earned my respect coming in here this afternoon.

Bump. 8-)

HowardRoark
11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
......attempt to alleviate the fan's ire.

http://comments.startribune.com/comments.php?d=asset_comments&asset_id=106461848&section=/sports/vikings/blogs&elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQiU47cQUxiDy_0ck kD:aiU

mngolf19
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM

http://comments.startribune.com/comments.php?d=asset_comments&asset_id=106461848&section=/sports/vikings/blogs&elr=KArksi8cyaiUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_17cQiU47cQUxiDy_0ck kD:aiU

So maybe I'll still be right?

Scott Campbell
11-01-2010, 08:07 PM
That is true but they wont NEED Rice when they have Moss he would just be a bonus. Moss deep, Shianco middle of the field, Harvin like a pinball and AP running like a truck with a VERY good defense...crown em.

Favre will have to be much better that he has been in the first three games. Their O-line hasn't been anything special either.

I'm not saying that adding Moss would not be a huge get for the Vikings and it would make me extremely nervous but like most of the teams in the NFL this year the Vikings have more than one concern. Adding Moss doesn't guarantee anything.

Gurantees ??

It gurantees that Brett Favre finally gets his desire met. FAVRE hooking up with a tremendously talented WR again! We did not want that. TT didn't want that in the scenario as it now exists. Funny how this story may come back to haunt TT forever?

A Gurantee?

It gurantees that Favre and the Vikings have arguably the best WR in the NFL. PackerTimer ! With the Vikings getting Randy Moss. That will gurantee two results, for sure.

a) A ' smile ' on Brett Favre's mug. :)

b) Then, ' a bigger smile ', on Brett Favre's mug. :D

Randy Moss is ' a lights out ' terrific WR. An extremely talented/gifted WR. If your missing 'that fact', the last three seasons ( anyone ) , your in need of some sort of adjustment. I suggest boxer shorts. If Randy Moss gets on the exact same page as Favre? Then look the hell out. The word that comes to mind is 'explosive'. The words . . . 'explosive combination'.

Brett Favre passing to Randy Moss ! Routes. Slants inside, down the middle and pulling up to come back to the ball and leaping catch's and hooking routes, and down the hash marks and long catch and running routes and deep !!! Touchdown! ...... Alot!

A brand new start for Randy Moss gets a real break on ' the Vikings ' team. A real good change is as good as any wonderful rest.

Brad Childress is no Bill Belichick in terms of ' laying on the wood ' as Belichick can; or sticking it to anyone that steps out of line or gets the least bit disruptive. That result too often in NE was ' in the Bill Belichick doghouse '.

How pleased is one of, ' our an almost ' absentee poster Rastak !? Rastak was in for a visit about ten days ago. Rastak has got to be so very happy to learn of this news?

Why?It's huge news! Impacting news !!

Do any Packerrats, realistically looking at this news, like it? If it doesn't concern you? Weigh in with all the present adversity. How well or high, is your balloon flying today?

This news isn't good for us! I might say that it ... SUCKS !! :idea:

Viking fans love it!

They now forsee some relief. Learning that Randy Moss is returning to ' his NFL roots'. It's unbelievable, as I see it's potential in terms of potential positive impact for that teams results. Especially the way that Brett Favre can utilize a receiver with the talent and pizzazz of Randy Moss. That 'the Vikings' managed to pull this blockbuster move off is very impresive.

I had them, very possibly out of it by November. Now at least they 'likely' manage to hang in there and get to an easier schedule, after surviving these next four weeks. If they come out of that portion of the schedule at 3W-4L? They're still good.

Something else I'm impressed with. Is this team has the power and motivation to 'at least try' to make a real move that's calculated to make a real difference.

Our teams GM, Ted Thompson !

I look for him to make a rather significant move very soon or his ass should be grass. Alot of Packer Nation eyes will be on TT now. The pressure is on Ted! This man is like a glacier. Slow ! Really ... really... slow ! Slow to get ' it ' done. Sometimes I wonder. Does TT really know what 'it' is?

Green Bay Packer fans. All of us ! Should desire a lot more than just making the playoff rounds anf bowing out. WE need to want or desire 'a Super Bowl Championship '. The same way Brett Favre always has. The way 'the Vikings Owner' and AP and Randy Moss and the rest of the Vikings will demonstrate that they do want and will pay 'the price for that want.

Do we have to wait nearly another 3 decades? Even ' the great Ted Thompson ' can have only so much rope. He's not supposed to tie himself up with it.

Three decades and maybe a longer wait !? Even Ted Thompson and/or Mike Murphy won't be around that long.

Randy Moss back in a Vikings jersey. It appears like a winning move to me, I also know how apppearances can turn out. In reality it's ' a wait and see '. Randy Moss ' can only be ' one, very big piece of the balance and whole that it takes.

Maybe, some really sick or rapid fan will take matters in hand and go all ape shit on Randy Moss and / or Brett Favre. I can't see Favre or Moss getting a great reception come Monday night in New York. (JETS)

There's also huge games coming up ' with us ', and ' the Pats ' for the Vikings ' on the road '. Not that that's any significant factor as we've witnessed the NFL game results this season to date.

Who's going to win a game. Maybe? Just flip a coin. Analysis has been extremely challenging. Any team can blow any game at home or play over their head on the road and win. I base that on a personal observation and results to date, Results that are challenging me moreso, then in the past in the Pro Pick'em.

Back to Randy Moss. Viking fans love it !

Other thoughts:

With the state of 'the Vikings' receiving corps and their #1 TE Shiancoe and Favre's only real threat on ' the limp ' and questionable for week five as I saw it two days ago. Besides that. An ON and a ' on and off ' Percy Harvin. V. Shiancoe is or was on ' the limp ' and possibly out for the MNF game Vs the Jets. Given that adversity or take that away.

The Vikings couldn't have made a more inspiring move for Brett Favre.

I can almost imagine reading 'the hate posts' now from those here, that havn't a clue about ' the karma ' factor. We don't need anymore bad luck Packerrats.

OK. So the Vikings got the star WR they needed so badly and ' all that ' right at this time of their need and adversity and their most challenging difficulty of schedule coming up over these next four weeks to boot.

Bill Belichick ??

Bill Belichick gave up a sweet gift to ' the team ' we need to overcome to win the NFCN. and 'only for a third'? When has he been so gratuitious? I don't get that.

Ohh! Is it this? :D

Maybe Belichick's trying to impress ' the NFL Commissioner ' as the ratings will be through the roof come this Monday night when ' the Jets ' host Brett Favre and Randy Moss (finally together) and ' the horse' Adrian Petersen and 'killer' Allen and ' the Big and Bad Williams Boys' and ...and ...and ! and ' the sleeping so far this season ', Minnesota Vikings. We were aware that for weeks Randy Moss was unhappy in his limited use in the Pat's offensive scheme.

Did any of you imagine that Brett Favre would get ' his wish list card ' fully punched?

The Vikings havn't looked all that great in terms of their offensive line and that fact may prevail. That result, sit Brett Favre on his ass more than he likes to prevent him setting up any decent play flow.

Looking at Randy Moss in Minnesota from just the factor he will add positively, to slow down the tide against the Vikings, Just, isn't a good thing for us. That move by Bill Belichick sucks for the Green Bay Packers BIG TIME.

This is a major coup for the Minnesota Vikings and should inspire both Randy Moss and Brett Favre. Neither one of those fellas needs inspiring. That combination plus all the other Viking tools should give them a realistic ' wish and a prayer chance ' to survive the next four weeks of their schedule. Moss's acquisition by the Vikings could mean bad news for all but the very best opposition 'D's.

Damn that Favre if he can't find a way. :D

He'll play another year now, if he doesn't get to and win the Super Bowl this season. Give any good man enough chances and the law of averages prevails. Brett Favre is a good man inspite of what many here at Packerrats judge differently.

Geee! Favre and certainly now. With ' his man ' Moss in the fold means a solid chance for another season of him wearing the ' Purple and Gold '.
That trade may cause Peyton Manning to shrug a wee bit. He may be thinking. Will Favre ever retire?

My next thought. Will Randy Moss be on the receiving end of Favre's 500th TD pass? Favre's next TD pass will be his 500th.

Yup ! Brett and Randy sharing supper.

How did that get 'to reality' Packerrats?

GO ' Ted Thompson ' ... GO!!

DO ... SOMETHING PLEASE !!

DO SOMETHING 'REALLY POSITIVE' for 'OUR TEAM's'... 'REAL CHANCES'.

Bump, for good times. :lol:

Joemailman
11-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Even by Woody's standards, that post is a true monstrosity.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2010, 07:56 AM
We could have had what I sense ' the Vikings ' are putting into place at this very time. Some call it STAR POWER. I call it the chemistry that evolves from being consistent and dedicated to what it takes to be ' a WINNER'.

Here's 'the quote:

** " Favre openly campaigned for the Packers to sign Moss last offseason. When they didn't, he spoke out against the organization. ....

With Favre nearing a decision on his future –- some believe he will inform Green Bay of his plans as early as this week -– the Packers could make the decision for him. If they signed Moss now, those who know Favre believe it would be a dead-lock cinch for the Packers quarterback to play another season. "

Now all we have left (as this Packer fan see's it) is ** the dark karma effect of TT and MM deciding to toss Brett Favre's loyal 17 year service to the organization we all love and support as GREEN BAY PACKER fans. Packer fans!?.............................

Hi Woody!

mraynrand
11-02-2010, 08:33 AM

"Wow, Wow, Wow
Childress you are the worst person ever to work for the Vikings. I hate you!

posted by Bismarcker on Nov. 1, 10 at 1:58 PM |
786 of 945 people liked this comment."

______

786 of 945 people like this comment. LOL

mngolf19
11-02-2010, 12:20 PM

"Wow, Wow, Wow

______

This person must have never known Les Steckel, Red McCombs, or Denny Green.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM

Thank you coach Brad Childress, for helping Viking fans forget Les Steckel, Red McCombs and Denny Green.

Oops - wrong thread. :oops:

mraynrand
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM

"Wow, Wow, Wow

______

Agree on Steckel and McCombs (Steckel - LOL - talk about being completely tone deaf to the players) but Denny Green? Chilly better than Green? You cannot be serious!

http://auntiefashion.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/john-mcenroe.jpg

PackerTimer
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
That is true but they wont NEED Rice when they have Moss he would just be a bonus. Moss deep, Shianco middle of the field, Harvin like a pinball and AP running like a truck with a VERY good defense...crown em.

Favre will have to be much better that he has been in the first three games. Their O-line hasn't been anything special either.

I'm not saying that adding Moss would not be a huge get for the Vikings and it would make me extremely nervous but like most of the teams in the NFL this year the Vikings have more than one concern. Adding Moss doesn't guarantee anything.

Gurantees ??

It gurantees that Brett Favre finally gets his desire met. FAVRE hooking up with a tremendously talented WR again! We did not want that. TT didn't want that in the scenario as it now exists. Funny how this story may come back to haunt TT forever?

A Gurantee?

It gurantees that Favre and the Vikings have arguably the best WR in the NFL. PackerTimer ! With the Vikings getting Randy Moss. That will gurantee two results, for sure.

a) A ' smile ' on Brett Favre's mug. :)

b) Then, ' a bigger smile ', on Brett Favre's mug. :D

Randy Moss is ' a lights out ' terrific WR. An extremely talented/gifted WR. If your missing 'that fact', the last three seasons ( anyone ) , your in need of some sort of adjustment. I suggest boxer shorts. If Randy Moss gets on the exact same page as Favre? Then look the hell out. The word that comes to mind is 'explosive'. The words . . . 'explosive combination'.

Bump, for good times. :lol:

Good times is right. I was called out if big bold type by Woodrow.

Guarantee? Here's a guarantee for you. Adding a malcontent like Randy Moss will blow up in your face. He's a good receiver until he decides he's not happy. He decided he didn't like Minnesota 2.0 much faster than I would have ever thought.

Where are those big smiles on Brett's face today?

Cheesehead Craig
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
If you think Green is a better coach then just crown his ass!

Scott Campbell
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Good times is right. I was called out if big bold type by Woodrow.

Guarantee? Here's a guarantee for you. Adding a malcontent like Randy Moss will blow up in your face. He's a good receiver until he decides he's not happy. He decided he didn't like Minnesota 2.0 much faster than I would have ever thought.

Where are those big smiles on Brett's face today?

Looks like somebody is hiding - afraid to face all the people he preached to about his impeccable character. I'm not surprised.

mraynrand
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
If you think Green is a better coach then just crown his ass!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-03-2010, 08:18 AM
It's going to be some fun for Vikings fans to watch. Lights out take em' down HARD offense. Favre to Moss = Many TOUCHDOWNS over the next two or three seasons.

Lots of wins for Favre and MOSS!! A match made in NFL football heaven. Finally ... as an NFL fan. I get to enjoy that with such intense pleasure. :D

The Packers Vs Vikings stuff. I leave that up to TT and MM to handle. That's beyond my realm of deepest understanding.

Bump. :lol:

mngolf19
11-03-2010, 12:39 PM

"Wow, Wow, Wow

______

Agree on Steckel and McCombs (Steckel - LOL - talk about being completely tone deaf to the players) but Denny Green? Chilly better than Green? You cannot be serious!

Green had no more success than Chilly has. And Green publically attacked the organization saying he was going to sue for ownership of the team. That and his press conferences are VERY politician like. He BS'd his way through statements and ignorant morons(ESPN) would accept it like it was a higher level of thinking.

mraynrand
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM

"Wow, Wow, Wow

______

Green had no more success than Chilly has. And Green publically attacked the organization saying he was going to sue for ownership of the team. That and his press conferences are VERY politician like. He BS'd his way through statements and ignorant morons(ESPN) would accept it like it was a higher level of thinking.

Didn't Green lose two NFCC games? That's one more than Chilly. That's more success at failure than Chilly. Green is 'better.'

BWT, scientists at Cal Tech were tracking a highly unusual local gravitational anomaly and it turned out the be Denny Green.

Scott Campbell
11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Brett Favre passing to Randy Moss ! Routes. Slants inside, down the middle and pulling up to come back to the ball and leaping catch's and hooking routes, and down the hash marks and long catch and running routes and deep !!! Touchdown! ...... Alot!

A brand new start for Randy Moss gets a real break on ' the Vikings ' team. A real good change is as good as any wonderful rest.

Brad Childress is no Bill Belichick in terms of ' laying on the wood ' as Belichick can; or sticking it to anyone that steps out of line or gets the least bit disruptive. That result too often in NE was ' in the Bill Belichick doghouse '.

Hi Woody! :lol:

mngolf19
11-04-2010, 12:08 PM

"Wow, Wow, Wow

______

Didn't Green lose two NFCC games? That's one more than Chilly. That's more success at failure than Chilly. Green is 'better.'

BWT, scientists at Cal Tech were tracking a highly unusual local gravitational anomaly and it turned out the be Denny Green.

I had conveniently forgotten the Giant loss. Still, if you are willing to attack your boss publically and in court, that's a fail.

DannoMac21
11-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Chicago Sun-Times - Chicago offensive coordinator Mike Martz was unaware that Randy Moss was placed on waivers by the Vikings and that his team therefore had an opportunity to claim him.

"Here's how dumb I am," said Martz. "Honest to goodness, I don't mean this with any disrespect, but I kind of hide in a cave during the season. I don't look at the Internet. I couldn't tell you anything that's written in a newspaper. I didn't even know that happened, until just recently. I can't comment on that. I would never comment on another player that's not on our squad."

Read more: http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/19115/20101104/martz_didnt_know_moss_was_waived/#ixzz14L1Zstcr

lmao

HowardRoark
11-04-2010, 01:59 PM

"Wow, Wow, Wow

______

Umm, I would like to say something here, but I am busy counting my money.

http://www.worldleagueofamericanfootball.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Mike_Lynn.jpg

Lurker64
11-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Chicago Sun-Times - Chicago offensive coordinator Mike Martz was unaware that Randy Moss was placed on waivers by the Vikings and that his team therefore had an opportunity to claim him.

"Here's how dumb I am," said Martz. "Honest to goodness, I don't mean this with any disrespect, but I kind of hide in a cave during the season. I don't look at the Internet. I couldn't tell you anything that's written in a newspaper. I didn't even know that happened, until just recently. I can't comment on that. I would never comment on another player that's not on our squad."

Read more: http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/19115/20101104/martz_didnt_know_moss_was_waived/#ixzz14L1Zstcr

lmao

Lovie challenged that Moss was released by the Vikings. He's still waiting for a reply.

Guiness
11-04-2010, 02:51 PM

LOL!!!!

I wonder if it's true, or Martz is just pulling the interviewer's leg? It never came up in idle conversation that a division rival cut one of their starting WR's?

Fritz
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Unless Moss can play offensive tackle or guard - two or more of those positions, at once - would it have even mattered if da Bears had signed him?

HowardRoark
11-05-2010, 07:30 AM
In the chaotic visitor's locker room Sunday night at Gillette Stadium, reports the Star Tribune, former Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss had some choice words for owner Zygi Wilf. They related to Vikings coach Brad Childress.

Star Tribune: After catching only one pass for 8 yards in the Vikings' 28-18 loss to the New England Patriots, Moss walked into the visitors' locker room where Wilf and other executives stood. According to an NFL source familiar with what transpired, Moss told the Vikings owner in no uncertain terms that Childress wasn't a good coach and should be fired.

Guiness
11-05-2010, 07:40 AM
In the chaotic visitor's locker room Sunday night at Gillette Stadium, reports the Star Tribune, former Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss had some choice words for owner Zygi Wilf. They related to Vikings coach Brad Childress.

Star Tribune: After catching only one pass for 8 yards in the Vikings' 28-18 loss to the New England Patriots, Moss walked into the visitors' locker room where Wilf and other executives stood. According to an NFL source familiar with what transpired, Moss told the Vikings owner in no uncertain terms that Childress wasn't a good coach and should be fired.

3 weeks on the team, and he wants the coach gone! rofl!

Pugger
11-05-2010, 08:07 AM
We Packer fans don't want Chilly going anywhere! :lol:

Either yesterday or the day before Cris Carter on BSPN weighed in on the Moss situation. He said in so many words that Wandy is a talented but lazy player who takes plays off if he feels like it and who doesn't have a lot of respect for male athority figures. If a coach isn't a no-nonsense task master Moss becomes one big pain in the arse. In NE he was on his best behavior and they tired of him! Carter suggests he'll be okay in Nashville with Fisher running things for the remainder of the season. Thank God that malcontent immature goofball wasn't signed by TT!!

Little Whiskey
11-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I can't believe that only the titans put a claim on him. 21 other teams passed. WOW.

It sounds like the pats didn't even put a waiver claim on him. after the love letter that he sent them, thats got to be a kick in the balls!!!

Guiness
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I can't believe that only the titans put a claim on him. 21 other teams passed. WOW.

It sounds like the pats didn't even put a waiver claim on him. after the love letter that he sent them, thats got to be a kick in the balls!!!

There was no reason for them to put in a claim. They were last on the waiver wire, so they just would have let him become an FA, then he would've signed with them (if they wanted him) because they were obviously his first choice.

Packgator
11-05-2010, 12:31 PM

No team after the Titans put in a claim either. Which means 30 teams passed.

gbgary
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
fisher said it was a no-brainer. you'd have to be brainless to take him.

HowardRoark
11-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Friday, November 5, 2010
Source: Vikings owner irate
By Ed Werder
ESPN

Randy Moss did not appear on waivers for 24 hours because Vikings owner Zygi Wilf was furious about being circumvented by coach Brad Childress. The owner considered retaining Moss and firing Childress, according to a team source.

Childress and two team executives did not respond to emails and text messages sent by ESPN seeking comment.

NFC North blog

Seifert ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Childress, according to The Star Tribune, put his job in jeopardy because he didn't follow franchise protocol and talk to Wilf before deciding to place Moss on waivers.

Childress is under contract for three more seasons. He was asked Friday if he thought he still had Wilf's support.

"My sense doesn't make any difference," Childress said. "You'd have to speak to him on that. We've always communicated very well and I haven't seen any change on that."

Moss was claimed by the Tennessee Titans on Wednesday after four games in Minnesota. Moss was acquired by the Vikings in a midseason trade with the New England Patriots.

Wilf, who lives in New Jersey, spent much of the past week observing practices and meeting individually with Vikings players. One of the players who met with Wilf told ESPN he sensed the owner was attempting to determine how much support remained for Childress among veteran players and wanted to remind them they could still make the playoffs.

Childress admitted he expects a negative reception from the Minnesota crowd on Sunday.

"I'm not crazy enough to think there wont be catcalls," he said. "That's part of the deal, that happens every time I walk on or off of a field. It's always interesting to hear what people have to say. That's part of the audience participation thing."

Moss drew the ire of some teammates before his release when he insulted the team's caterer after last Friday's practice, appeared to play half-heartedly in a loss to the Patriots and then lauded New England players and coaches while second-guessing Childress and the Vikings staff. The Star Tribune also reported Friday that Moss went to Wilf in the locker room immediately after the game and loudly encouraged him to fire Childress.

"I guess some people didn't know how to take on that personality," said veteran offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, who played with Moss during both of his Vikings stops. "When I got here the first time, he was already here and everybody was used to him. So for him to come back to this team and the whole new coaching staff probably didn't know how to take on such a strong personality."

Ed Werder is an NFL reporter for ESPN. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Fritz
11-05-2010, 05:25 PM
"One of the players who met with Wilf told ESPN he sensed the owner was attempting to determine how much support remained for Childress among veteran players"

I ate a piece of toast this morning. I thought of Brad Childress.

get louder at lambeau
11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I ate a piece of toast this morning. I thought of Brad Childress.

Why? Did the toast look like a child molester?

MadScientist
11-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Friday, November 5, 2010
Source: Vikings owner irate
By Ed Werder
ESPN
Childress, according to The Star Tribune, put his job in jeopardy because he didn't follow franchise protocol and talk to Wilf before deciding to place Moss on waivers.

Childress is under contract for three more seasons. He was asked Friday if he thought he still had Wilf's support.

There was some speculation that Wilf could fire Childress for cause because he didn't follow protocol, but since Wilf delayed Moss' release for a day to consider, he likely lost his chance. So, Zygi gets to pay Chilly for 2 years of watching TV.

mraynrand
11-05-2010, 06:29 PM
"the whole new coaching staff probably didn't know how to take on such a strong personality."

They sure don't!
http://venuist.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/brett-favre-vikings-packers.jpg
Funny stuff

mraynrand
11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
but since Wilf delayed Moss' release for a day to consider, he likely lost his chance. So, Zygi gets to pay Chilly for 2 years of watching TV.

Childress will get a job in the cabaret!

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Chillylegs.jpg

hoosier
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
So Wilf wants to fire Chilly but will only do it if he thinks Chilly has lost the support of the locker room. Oh, the leadership on that team! I think Randy Moss was the only guy up there who was decisive and knew how to speak his mind. Too bad he wasn't playing with the same deck as the rest of the team.

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Bump... I thought it was appropriate since Moss was going to start the win parade in MINN and save the season!

Scott Campbell
11-22-2010, 04:46 PM
It's going to be some fun for Vikings fans to watch. Lights out take em' down HARD offense. Favre to Moss = Many TOUCHDOWNS over the next two or three seasons.

Lots of wins for Favre and MOSS!! A match made in NFL football heaven. Finally ... as an NFL fan. I get to enjoy that with such intense pleasure. :D

The Packers Vs Vikings stuff. I leave that up to TT and MM to handle. That's beyond my realm of deepest understanding.

This thread is like an old friend. I'm so happy that it's been returned to it's rightful prominence.