PDA

View Full Version : Collins out too?

Patler
10-07-2010, 02:57 AM
This just gets worse and worse. Collins isn't sure he will play on Sunday:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2010/10/06/collins-not-optimistic-about-knee/

Gunakor
10-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Peprah and Martin starting this week? Bush at nickel? Bishop and Hawk playing nearly every snap at ILB?

A week ago I'd have been happy to trade for a new RB if the price is right. Today I think I'd rather use the resources I have to trade for a linebacker or safety. A new RB might mean we could consistently score 30+ to win, but a new linebacker or safety would probably mean we wouldn't have to. I doubt we have the resources to shore up everything via trades.

Any decent ILB's on the trade block right now?

wist43
10-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Well, April is right around the corner... 2011 will be our year for sure!!! :wink:

Gunakor
10-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Well TT was at least in the bidding for Lynch, so it's clear he's not opposed to a trade simply because it's a trade. The trade deadline isn't until week 6 so he still has time to do something. If he feels as strongly about this team and this season as we do, something will get done. I'm not ready to throw in the towel sitting at 3-1. April is still a looooong ways away to me.

denverYooper
10-07-2010, 06:52 AM
The Defense sure is hit hard. I have a feeling Collins will play on Sunday, though.

Offense is relatively healthy outside of Grant. I can see them using Tausch's shoulder as a reason to get Bulaga out on that line this weekend.

MichiganPackerFan
10-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Well, April is right around the corner... 2011 will be our year for sure!!! :wink:

My knee jerk fears are similar - but also add in a locked out season and a window shut by 2012.

If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-07-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104502144.html

Safety Nick Collins (knee) took part in the walk-through and was moving around pretty well, but he did not have pads on and wasn't going to take part in the team practice. It's the best sign that Collins might play Sunday

Trying to give some good news.

MadScientist
10-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Without Collins and taking the PUP players into consideration, the Packers will be starting their:
4th and 5th best safeties
5th best corner (as the nickle corner)
4th best ILB
3rd or 4th best RB
backup tackle

Rodgers better be on, and the line better hold up, because that defense is looking real soft.

imscott72
10-07-2010, 05:37 PM
We really need our bye week now..

PackerTimer
10-07-2010, 06:17 PM
We really need our bye week now..

Yeah, too bad the bye is almost a month away yet.

mission
10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Collins is going to play. Apparently that original article was a bit of misunderstanding on the question. Heard that on twitter. I get all this shit mixed up sometimes though..

Another problem is that the other starting safety, Pro Bowler Nick Collins, remains on the injury report with a lingering knee issue from the Week 3 contest in Chicago. Collins sat out practice on Wednesday, but McCarthy indicated he’s following the same pattern as last week, when he returned to practice late in the week and still played.

“It’s not any worse,” Collins said of his knee. “It’s actually better than what it was. We’re moving forward.

“They’re real cautious around here and don’t want me to do something crazy.”

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Injuries-Could-Force-Multiple-Adjustments/2d803e1e-47f2-454e-bd84-a7dfa7e30623

Joemailman
10-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Peprah is probably more if a question mark health-wise than Collins. Hope so. If we start Bush and Martin at Safety, I may need something stronger than beer.

mraynrand
10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Peprah is probably more if a question mark health-wise than Collins. Hope so. If we start Bush and Martin at Safety, I may need something stronger than beer.

http://www.questswords.com/pix/valor/9000803.jpg

Tony Oday
10-07-2010, 08:26 PM

http://www.questswords.com/pix/valor/9000803.jpg

Zombo?

digitaldean
10-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Is this team hit hard with injuries? Yes.

But how this team deals with adversity will show if they're playoff material. Some of the help (Harris, Bigby) will be available in a few weeks. Though maybe not at full speed, but help nonetheless.

It will be a tough road, no doubt. But this team can either roll over and let the Queens get the title handed to them with Randy "I'll play when I want to" Moss back with Bert Favre or fight their way through it.

It will be a test to see how REALLY good a coach M3 is.

Tarlam!
10-08-2010, 03:36 AM

Nominated for quote of the month!

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Nominated for quote of the month!Agreed, win with what you have. Problem is M3 gets awfully close to losing several games even when he has a full squad.