View Full Version : Barnett

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104507679.html

He is considering playing hurt.

Sparkey
10-07-2010, 04:33 PM

He is considering playing hurt. Superbowl or die baby!

Barnett already takes bad angles, over runs plays and has to try and arm tackle just to bring someone down. I don't want to watch him attempting to arm tackle without the use of a hand.

Just IR him and move on.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
He's not Gilbert.

mission
10-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Man up. Cast it up and play. Let's go. :D

Cheesehead Craig
10-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Man up. Cast it up and play. Let's go. :D

Jenkins can play at a pretty good level with the cast. Besides, if they both have one, then it becomes a fashion. Soon other players will want one too

Fritz
10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Since I'm not the one whose quality of life will be degraded due to postponing surgery, I say man up, Barnett, and play on!

mmmdk
10-07-2010, 08:06 PM
It's a club thing with Barnett :wink:

mraynrand
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
THe game's not over!

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200508/mov-002-khan-burned/320x240.jpg

mraynrand
10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Nick Barnett is out there.
He can't be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with.
He doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear
and he absolutely will not stop, ever, until the season is dead!

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/packers-nick-barnett-out-for-season.jpg

Brandon494
10-07-2010, 08:58 PM

Barnett already takes bad angles, over runs plays and has to try and arm tackle just to bring someone down. I don't want to watch him attempting to arm tackle without the use of a hand.

Just IR him and move on.

And who better is going to take his spot? He never gets the credit he deserves for whatever reason but hes better than you think.

Zool
10-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Just IR him and move on.

And who better is going to take his spot? He never gets the credit he deserves for whatever reason but hes better than you think.

There's a reason. He has tons of athletic ability but working on less than stellar brain power. If he could just think his way into the game better he'd be all pro.

pbmax
10-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Silverstein made a good point on the radio today. Against a rush first team like the Redskins, it might be the kind of scheme that will unfold to Bishop's strengths. The only problem I foresee is Cooley. McNabb will throw to the TE and Hawk will be covering him

I also wonder who will get to fill the gap (Hawk's usual role in the base D) and who will get to chase (Barnett's usual role). Bishop loves going forward and hitting targets, but I wonder if he wants to bury a Guard?

Might not be a bad game to test out a Barnett-less LB corp.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Damn, thought Barnett had got shot or stabbed at the club. Since it is just broken put a cast on and send him out there!! Not like it will affect HIS tackling skillz anyways.

ThunderDan
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I admit I am not a Barnett fan but in 2008 when Barnett went down we saw a drop-off in the defense. I'd rather have him in there playing then whoever will take his place.

denverYooper
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I admit I am not a Barnett fan but in 2008 when Barnett went down we saw a drop-off in the defense. I'd rather have him in there playing then whoever will take his place.

The D-Line was in rough shape that year, too. I like Barnett but I don't think we'll see anywhere near that kind of difference as long as we don't lose some of the fatties.

mraynrand
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I admit I am not a Barnett fan but in 2008 when Barnett went down we saw a drop-off in the defense.

Instantly.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 10:55 AM
That's because he has the "IT" factor Tankduke taught us about back in the days. :lol:

mraynrand
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
That's because he has the "IT" factor Tankduke taught us about back in the days. :lol:

I thought that was Partial's shtick

pbmax
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I admit I am not a Barnett fan but in 2008 when Barnett went down we saw a drop-off in the defense.

Instantly.
I thought Hawk had one game where he looked like he would unseat Barnett in the middle of that 4-3. Then the wheels came off.

mraynrand
10-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Instantly.
I thought Hawk had one game where he looked like he would unseat Barnett in the middle of that 4-3. Then the wheels came off.

at K.C. in 2007. Hawk looked great, even in coverage. Broke a leg. What a game.

Barnett goes out in 2008, Bishop comes in a gives up a TD on the very next play.

Not looking good for the interior of the defense, even if/when Chillar and Bigby return...

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 11:08 AM

I thought that was Partial's shtickApologies, you all post alike.

denverYooper
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Instantly.

Was it the Chicago game? IIRC, he looked like a destroyer for that one and then disappeared.

mraynrand
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM

I thought that was Partial's shtickApologies, you all post alike.

It's not my fault, it's the fault of my awesome MacBook Pro.

Tarlam!
10-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Was it the Chicago game? IIRC, he looked like a destroyer for that one and then disappeared.[/quote]

It was the Buffalo game, when Lynch also played well. Speculation was they were interviewing for new jobs.

denverYooper
10-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Was it the Chicago game? IIRC, he looked like a destroyer for that one and then disappeared.

It was the Buffalo game, when Lynch also played well. Speculation was they were interviewing for new jobs.[/quote]

We're talking 2008

Tarlam!
10-08-2010, 12:42 PM
:oops:

sharpe1027
10-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Bishops strengths are the kind that fans like myself love. He is known for his hard hitting and aggressive play. It is great to watch, but I worry more about Bishops weaknesses, namely getting completely lost on a play and costing your team a TD. :lol:

If he gets his chance, I just hope he's more comfortable with the D and and doesn't negate his strengths with his weaknesses.

Patler
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Bishops strengths are the kind that fans like myself love. He is known for his hard hitting and aggressive play. It is great to watch, but I worry more about Bishops weaknesses, namely getting completely lost on a play and costing your team a TD. :lol:

If he gets his chance, I just hope he's more comfortable with the D and and doesn't negate his strengths with his weaknesses.

I'm glad for one thing, he is getting his chance to put up or shut up. Bishop talked about being treated unfairly due to being a lower draft pick. He made claims about what his true ability is. Now he will have the chance to show everyone that he was right, or to acknowledge to himself that he has shortcomings.

ThunderDan
10-08-2010, 05:41 PM

I'm glad for one thing, he is getting his chance to put up or shut up. Bishop talked about being treated unfairly due to being a lower draft pick. He made claims about what his true ability is. Now he will have the chance to show everyone that he was right, or to acknowledge to himself that he has shortcomings.

I don't believe that Patler. He is the still the guy that said he was one of the best ILB in the whole NFL. Even if he plays horrible I am sure there will be some reason that isn't his fault for his performance.