PDA

View Full Version : Is there veteran help out there for LB or DB?

Tony Oday
10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I am not TOO worried about the DBs we have help coming but what about LBs? I mean I know VERY little about Adalius Thomas but isnt he still a FA? Is tehre anyone else out there that is on the sidelines?

red
10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
great question

we have bigby and harris coming back in two weeks which should be a huge help in the secondary

but with barnett now maybe being out for the year and chillar maybe having a serious injury, it would be nice to add some kind of vet help at ILB. i don't think bishop or simpkins will be good enough to play opposite of hawk

Tony Oday
10-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I get having a rook at RB because really that position is more O line than anything unless it is an elite back.

LBs...I mean I love Hawk but he cant hide another ILBs mistakes...

retailguy
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I am not TOO worried about the DBs we have help coming but what about LBs? I mean I know VERY little about Adalius Thomas but isnt he still a FA? Is tehre anyone else out there that is on the sidelines?

I believe that Thomas is an OLB.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Beggars can't be choosers.

Tony Oday
10-07-2010, 07:32 PM

I did know that but can Pop move inside? He is stout against the run...I really am just spit balling.

Joemailman
10-07-2010, 08:10 PM
According to NFL.com, Poppinga has been moved inside. Can't find it in Packer press though.

packerbacker1234
10-07-2010, 11:12 PM
According to NFL.com, Poppinga has been moved inside. Can't find it in Packer press though.

Makes the most sense. OLB still has Matthews, Jones, and Zombo for their rotation, ILB was JUST hawk and bishop atm. We had to move someone inside, and at least pop is decent verse the run.

retailguy
10-08-2010, 08:22 AM

We don't beg. Ever. We just play with the guys we got, or whomever we can find on a practice squad.

This is not an emergency. The young guys will just have to step up. That's the way it works. We'll have the "most experienced" young guys in the history of the NFL.

AT won't be making even a trip to GB. I wanted him here during training camp if you recall, for competition with the young guys. I was resoundly booed and criticized yet again.

falco
10-08-2010, 08:41 AM
We don't beg. Ever.

Yep... that is the difference between MN and GB.

falco
10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
There is a strong possibility that after this weekend we are leading the division. Far too soon to panic.

Tarlam!
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
There is a strong possibility that after this weekend we are leading the division. Far too soon to panic.

I'd feel better if Revis was fully fit. I don't expect too much from Carolina. I don't share the optimism, but I don't share the panic.

denverYooper
10-08-2010, 10:54 AM
This is where the draft and develop style of team building pays off -- we look to be deep enough to pull of a pretty good season despite the injuries. We played several games last year with our 3rd/4th string DBs and still ended up doing pretty well. All of those guys are being called on once again but now have quite a bit of game experience in this system.

mraynrand
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM

We don't beg. Ever. We just play with the guys we got, or whomever we can find on a practice squad.

This is not an emergency. The young guys will just have to step up. That's the way it works. We'll have the "most experienced" young guys in the history of the NFL.

AT won't be making even a trip to GB. I wanted him here during training camp if you recall, for competition with the young guys. I was resoundly booed and criticized yet again.

:violin:

Fritz
10-08-2010, 07:58 PM
A lot depends on what happens to Chillar and Barnett now. Really if this team has any serious hopes to go deep into the playoffs you can't lose both those guys.

rbaloha1
10-08-2010, 08:49 PM
BP moving inside is a good move. Loves contact and has the physicality to play inside. Plus BP is moving around better and improved in pass coverage.

The Leaper
10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
We can sign Deanna Favre for one game against the Vikings. I'm guessing she'd be chasing the opposing QB all over the place.

Joemailman
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM

I'd feel better if Revis was fully fit. I don't expect too much from Carolina. I don't share the optimism, but I don't share the panic.

Carolina nearly beat New Orleans last week, and the Bears will have Todd Collins at QB. I think there's a good chance the Bears lose this week.

Smidgeon
10-08-2010, 11:49 PM
We can sign Deanna Favre for one game against the Vikings. I'm guessing she'd be chasing the opposing QB all over the place.

:mrgreen:

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 12:47 AM
BP moving inside is a good move. Loves contact and has the physicality to play inside. Plus BP is moving around better and improved in pass coverage.

I really want to believe you. What makes you think this is true?

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Tramon's been an unsung hero.

Rip-roaring start: Packers cornerback Tramon Williams is off to a terrific start, and has allowed just two catches for 10 yards through the first four games. In both the Buffalo and Detroit games, Williams didn't allow a single catch.

"He's been our best secondary player the first four weeks," Packers cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr. said of Williams. "I wouldn't have guessed he'd be playing better than 21 (Charles Woodson), but he has.

wpony
10-09-2010, 02:22 AM
I dont suppose we could get Kevin Greene to play for the rest of the season LOL :) him and Clay back there together could you see that.

Fritz
10-09-2010, 10:01 AM
I wonder at what position the Packers could use the help right now - both now and in the future.

The thing about Lynch to me was that with Grant coming back next year and MM not liking a two-back system if he likes one runner, what would happen next year with Lynch and Grant and no third round pick?

Same with the safety thing. If you trade for a starting caliber safety to start next to Collins, you'd likely have to give up a third or so, I would imagine. So what do you do next year when Burnett comes back?

In the short term, I would love to see a trade to shore up a weak area, whether it's running back or linebacker or safety. Long term, it's not as simple. And if you go short term and win it all, cool. If not, it was a waste, it would seem.