View Full Version : OFFICIAL FAVRE SEXT SCANDAL ROCKS SPORTS WORLD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 06:07 PM
And that might be all she wrote.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2010/10/brettfavre_espy.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 06:29 PM
They play Monday night. Off day Tuesday. I expect an announcement on Wednesday.

The NY media questions will be absolutely brutal. And anyone in the Favre camp or Viking camp thinking that this will blow over will get their wakeup call during their trip to the Big Apple.

They'll asses the damage during Tuesday meetings. Deanna tells Brett she wants no part of toughing it out. I don't think there's much they can do.

Bert sucks it up with another tearful goodbye on Wednesday.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 06:34 PM
For those who haven't seen it.

http://deadspin.com/5659474/sources-two-more-women-who-worked-with-jets-received-lewd-texts-from-favre

Deadspin has obviously thought this through very carefully. They've been sitting on it for a while, and want to milk it for everything they can. It would not surprise me if they have yet more incriminating evidence. They're making a name for themselves by ruthlessly taking down the biggest name in the NFL.

mmmdk
10-08-2010, 06:37 PM
They play Monday night. Off day Tuesday. I expect an announcement on Wednesday.

The NY media questions will be absolutely brutal. And anyone in the Favre camp or Viking camp thinking that this will blow over will get their wakeup call during their trip to the Big Apple.

They'll asses the damage during Tuesday meetings. Deanna tells Brett she wants no part of toughing it out. I don't think there's much they can do.

Bert sucks it up with another tearful goodbye on Wednesday.

Ya think so or wishful thinking? When I last was in Green Bay [2008]; a guy told me that Brett had groupies but Deanna stopped it!? Don't know if it's true plus the guy wasn't happy about Favre.

I won't gloat about the newest BF f@chup but part of me is snickering.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Ya think so or wishful thinking?

Both.

It's no longer impossible. This is Deadspin's Woodward and Bernstein moment. I expect they're giving this everything they've got.

superfan
10-08-2010, 06:41 PM
He'll retire tomorrow. Then unretire the Tuesday before the next Lions-Vikings game. He'll retire again during his postgame interview, and unretire next year the Tuesday before the first Lions-Vikings game. Repeat process for the next 4 years.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I'd feel a whole lot better if Gloria Allred was on TV talking about what a creep he is.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-08-2010, 06:47 PM
It will be a distraction at the very least. But there is no way Favre will retire over this.

Joemailman
10-08-2010, 06:48 PM
What a difference a year makes.

http://api.ning.com/files/igUbhZvlyV2Ztj7QnBVJVcShmeJDozB8LRGwqNVGo2gjkKPpk9 5czyVB8f9BYLJWIiAhDCWQfqkp4GGHIool5RWu9z3UMtzO/thanksted.jpg

Joemailman
10-08-2010, 06:50 PM
He won't retire, but the reported tendinitis in his throwing arm might get a lot worse.

vince
10-08-2010, 07:02 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/brett-favre-daughter-brittany2.jpg

vince
10-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Deanna could give Screaming Lord Byron a whole new meaning.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CJiMltRI5UQ/SuSGRfcV_-I/AAAAAAAAQcU/DpfUlTjP0q0/s320/DeannaFavre.jpg

Bossman641
10-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Scott, just stop already with the gossip. Have you nothing better to do then act like Perez Hilton? I, for one, am better than you all and will have nothing to do with this slander.................

I know that I am a wholesome man, how can you be so morally bankrupt SC??

Joemailman
10-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I'd feel a whole lot better if Gloria Allred was on TV talking about what a creep he is.

She scares me. Besides, she hates all men, so what would it matter?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/05/06/alg_gloria_allred.jpg

vince
10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
You can now follow BFavrespenis on Twitter. He's loving the newfound attention.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Scott, just stop already with the gossip. Have you nothing better to do then act like Perez Hilton? I, for one, am better than you all and will have nothing to do with this slander.................

I didn't know you were Canadian.
:lol:

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
You had two camps. Supposed Favre lovers, and supposed Favre haters. Who do you think he should have listened to 2 years ago?

Brett listened to the Favre lovers, or as some would call them, his enablers. These Favre lovers are likely to abandon him and move on to enable their next victims. They'll have no use for him now that he's forever sullied his reputation.

mission
10-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Says the guy with the great underboob avatar. I really hope that was just a play on our favorite Canadian. ;)

It's hardly any different than any other big non-football related athlete story we're interested in. It just happens to involve Favre. No one ever said train and car wrecks were good things -- we still can't stop looking at them.

vince
10-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Real. Uncomfortable. In his jeans.

mission
10-08-2010, 07:25 PM

There's plenty of room in his jeans.

(from what I hear) (no, really... PFT reader comments)

(you guys dont believe me do you? :()

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Damn, #4 was manwhoring like a MFer. While it is disapointing to many I would be lying if I said it would truly make me think differently then I already do. I guess because it is common thing now and current technology is a deadly tool in regard to relationships. The MNF game is gonna be super interesting now. I wonder what creative signs will be made by NYers.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Damn, #4 was manwhoring like a MFer. While it is disapointing to many I would be lying if I said it would truly make me think differently then I already do. I guess because it is common thing now and current technology is a deadly tool in regard to relationships. The MNF game is gonna be super interesting now. I wonder what creative signs will be made by NYers.

Manwhoring?

Dude, the game changed. It ain't that simple anymore. This is about every woman who has ever been harassed in the workplace. Just watch. And learn.

Bossman641

:D :D

vince
They signs at the game would be interesting to see. FSPN will never show them.

red
10-08-2010, 07:35 PM

i'd like to know the name of the redhead in your avatar so that i can look up her phone number and send her pictures of my unit

Bossman641
10-08-2010, 07:37 PM
They signs at the game would be interesting to see. FSPN will never show them.

I dunno, ESPN is really coming down hard on him now.

They finally posted an article. :roll:

Cheesehead Craig
10-08-2010, 07:38 PM

i'd like to know the name of the redhead in your avatar so that i can look up her phone number and send her pictures of my unit
She's a Playmate. There's a hint for you.

vince
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM

There's plenty of room in his jeans.

(from what I hear)
:lol: Here's the most popular favre retweet over the last hour...

RT @robcesternino: I never knew why Brett Favre wears number 4, but after seeing those pictures, I think I know why #favre

imscott72
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Wow, more women coming forward now..Tiger Woods??

http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-latestfromTwitter-48305.html

red
10-08-2010, 07:41 PM

She's a Playmate. There's a hint for you.

found her. thanks for the tip

man she's hot as balls

Bossman641
10-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow, more women coming forward now..Tiger Woods??

http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-latestfromTwitter-48305.html

:shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf: :shtf:

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 07:46 PM
For those of you just logging on, the game has changed significantly. Adultery is now the sideshow, with sexual harassment as the main event.

Bossman641
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
He's like a kid out there.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Manwhoring?

Dude, the game changed. It ain't that simple anymore. This is about every woman who has ever been harassed in the workplace. Just watch. And learn.Cmon now, "every woman"? Haha, these broads werent raped, or even touched from the sound of it. Yeah he fucked up on his wife but lets not make it out like he killed someone. If a formal complaint is made I say a 1 game suspension for the conduct policy but this isnt something anyone would retire over. Would be weak for his streak to end that way but that is how it goes.

Guess it is a good thing Randy's in town. They can be roomies. :lol:

Bossman641
10-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Manwhoring?

Dude, the game changed. It ain't that simple anymore. This is about every woman who has ever been harassed in the workplace. Just watch. And learn.Cmon now, "every woman"? Haha, these broads werent raped, or even touched from the sound of it. Yeah he fucked up on his wife but lets not make it out like he killed someone. If a formal complaint is made I say a 1 game suspension for the conduct policy but this isnt something anyone would retire over. Would be weak for his streak to end that way but that is how it goes.

I agree it's not something to retire about. But much like Tiger took time off to go through counseling and therapy with Elin, Favre could do the same with Deanna. It really depends on how Deanna reacts to everything. One thing is clear, Favre has fucked up.

Tony Oday
10-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Big Ben got 4 games....

Cheesehead Craig
10-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Big Ben got 4 games....

That was with a woman who filed a police report though. No police involved here.

There is a difference whent the po-po get involved.

Tarlam!
10-08-2010, 08:12 PM
It's sexual harrassment, plain and simple. If it's proven, then either she sues The Jets or Favre or both.

Deanna is a whole different story.They grew up together. Oh, she'll be pissed, but I'm thinking she'll pull a Hillary Clinton and not an Erin Woods.

MJZiggy
10-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Manwhoring?

We're not talking Rapistburger-type crime here. Favre won't get arrested for this, but what it does do is give all three women very good cases for lawsuits. Could cost him millions. And his wife. Then again, she's been putting up with his infidelity for decades.

Freak Out
10-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Campbell you will cherish those cockshots the rest of your life.

imscott72
10-08-2010, 08:36 PM
It's sexual harrassment, plain and simple. If it's proven, then either she sues The Jets or Favre or both.

Deanna is a whole different story.They grew up together. Oh, she'll be pissed, but I'm thinking she'll pull a Hillary Clinton and not an Erin Woods.

It's not sexual harrassmant at all if no complaint is filed. She didn't file one.

gbgary
10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
it's all about the Packers for me. from not having the organization embarrassed to the massive distraction this will cause leading to the imploding of the vikings. bf's problems will nullify the randy moss trade benefits. moss has to be cringing. he'll be off to the bengals next season. as for deanna, she's a big girl, the kids are grown, she's rich...no reason to put up with bf's bs any longer. he should have stayed retired the first time. soaked up all the attention, basked in the warm light of the hall of fame, made lots of commercials and listened to the cheers of Packer fans forever...but in the words of steve martin's snl character Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber..."Naaaaaaaaahhh!" i'm loving every minute of this. :D

Tarlam!
10-08-2010, 09:01 PM

It's not sexual harrassmant at all if no complaint is filed. She didn't file one.

Legally, you're right, of course. But the discussion is about sexual harrassment,

The Leaper
10-08-2010, 09:02 PM
1. He ain't retiring. Now that his shuttlecock is pasted all over cyberspace, the damage is done. No point in retiring.

2. NFL will suspend him...probably 2 games. This isn't quite on the level of forcing yourself on a drunk girl in the bathroom of a backwoods bar while your beefy bodyguards stand watch. However, it is embarrassing and VERY public...so Goodell will be forced to do something. With our game against Minnesota coming up, it couldn't happen at a better time.

3. Deanna won't divorce Favre...but he'll probably wish she had by the time this all blows over. Favre's life on the farm just got a whole lot tougher...he might be back playing again in 2011 just to get away from her.

gbgary
10-08-2010, 09:07 PM
NFL will suspend him...probably 2 games. This isn't quite on the level of forcing yourself on a drunk girl in the bathroom of a backwoods bar while your beefy bodyguards stand watch.

with internet photos and the like...minn might cut him. this probably breaks some morals clause in his contract. save them a ton of money.

The Leaper
10-08-2010, 09:12 PM
NFL will suspend him...probably 2 games. This isn't quite on the level of forcing yourself on a drunk girl in the bathroom of a backwoods bar while your beefy bodyguards stand watch.

with internet photos and the like...minn might cut him. this probably breaks some morals clause in his contract. save them a ton of money.

They just traded for Moss...they aren't going to cut him. Are you crazy?

They will just be pissed to know that all it would've taken to get him into camp on time was a few dumb brunette bimbos who like 40 year old shuttlecock.

gbgary
10-08-2010, 09:17 PM

They just traded for Moss...they aren't going to cut him. Are you crazy?

if things get bad enough, if their season looks done, if he doesn't quit on his own, they just might. their window will be closed. moss is/was a one year fix.

Joemailman
10-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I wonder what what Zygi Wilf thinks about this. When he hired Childress, he made a big deal about Childress being a man of high values, good family man etc.
http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2006/01/06_williamsb_childress/

Now, none of the news about Favre happened while he was in Minnesota, but he can't be happy with the negative publicity surrounding the team.

ND72
10-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Somewhere, Mark Chmura is really pissed off.

Brando19
10-08-2010, 10:20 PM
I remember at this year's ESPY awards...I don't recall who was hosting, but the host was making a joke about Tiger Woods and they cut to Favre and Deana and they were just laughing it up. Who's laughing now, bitches?

pbmax
10-08-2010, 10:34 PM
But no one has filed charges or a lawsuit. And even if they do, text messages alone will not play as bad as using bodyguards to isolate an underage drunk girl from her friends.

I know what you are saying Tar, but the threat does not seem as immediate in Favre's case, even if it goes to court.

pbmax
10-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I am pretty sure he has been pissed about this since his escapades broke. Its doubtful its the first time for Favre and Chewy knows it. Though Brett hasn't called anyone underage.

ND72
10-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I am pretty sure he has been pissed about this since his escapades broke. Its doubtful its the first time for Favre and Chewy knows it. Though Brett hasn't called anyone underage.

it was well known in the fox valley of Favre & Chewy's escapades together when they were both young & bar hopping...

Scott Campbell
10-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Deanna probably knew about Sterger since August. But these new women...................Bert's got some splainin to do.

Freak Out
10-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Hustler and Beaver Hunt have both broke stories within the last hour claiming at least five women have come forward with intimate knowledge of the Old Gunslinger...they all have said the same thing..."that's not his cock".

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Hustler and Beaver Hunt have both broke stories within the last hour claiming at least five women have come forward with intimate knowledge of the Old Gunslinger...they all have said the same thing..."that's not his cock".

I told you this was going to end up like Porky's. Favre is going to be in a lineup in his skivvies with a hood on. "I recognize that mole!"

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/9/713/30420_512x288_generated__DIKa7wwfEUiqjDvdTywEnA.jp g

Kiwon
10-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Now that the pics have come out I wonder how many home collectors across America have added an extra appendage to their Brett Farve action figures.

"Honey, I never noticed that part before. Did it come that way?" :)

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 08:46 AM
CBS is carrying the story outside of their sports section. Could the ladies of The View be talking about Bert's pecker on Monday?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20019048-504083.html

Patler
10-09-2010, 08:51 AM

I don't get this comment. Is it not a murder if no one is tried? Is it not a robbery, assault or rape just because it is not reported?

The act is what it is regardless of whether a victim pursues a remedy.

Kiwon
10-09-2010, 08:51 AM
CBS is carrying the story outside of their sports section. Could the ladies of The View be talking about Bert's pecker on Monday?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20019048-504083.html

Who's Bert? Brett's cousin?

Pugger
10-09-2010, 08:53 AM
I remember him saying that his legacy is his - no one else's or something to that effect - to protect. What a damn fool. What made him think that if he sent voice messages and photos of his johnson to this young woman that no one find out about it?

Patler
10-09-2010, 09:00 AM
What made him think that if he sent voice messages and photos of his johnson to this young woman that no one find out about it?

The same feeling of invincibility that made him a great QB, that made him throw miraculous touchdown passes on some plays and mind-numbing interceptions on others. It is a common affliction for pro athletes, who are accustomed to more success than failure from their actions.

Tony Oday
10-09-2010, 09:17 AM
from ESPN

"If the NFL finds Favre violated its personal conduct policy, he could be fined or even suspended. The league's policy allows it to punish a wide range of behavior, even that which is not illegal."

pbmax
10-09-2010, 09:36 AM
What is remarkable, if the two massage therapists are to be believed, is that a married women, according to the Favre of these stories, is to be accorded some level of respect and courtesy. This does not apparently apply to the woman you are married to. Unless secrecy and discretion are the respects paid.

Maybe his background is at play here; it seems very French sensibility. Or maybe Choctaw. :lol:

vince
10-09-2010, 09:40 AM
http://www.jerseyal.com/GBP/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/favre-sterger.jpg

get louder at lambeau
10-09-2010, 09:40 AM
What made him think that if he sent voice messages and photos of his johnson to this young woman that no one find out about it?

The same feeling of invincibility that made him a great QB, that made him throw miraculous touchdown passes on some plays and mind-numbing interceptions on others. It is a common affliction for pro athletes, who are accustomed to more success than failure from their actions.

That's what worries me about cocky guys like Finley. I think they're at a much higher risk of doing something stupid and destructive because they are too full of themselves to realize that they are not above it all. Johnny Jolly is another.

Fritz
10-09-2010, 09:49 AM
from ESPN

"If the NFL finds Favre violated its personal conduct policy, he could be fined or even suspended. The league's policy allows it to punish a wide range of behavior, even that which is not illegal."

To me, this is ridiculous. He's a grown up. If he wants to f___ up his marriage and his self and the women he hits on by trying to bed other women, that's his business.

The NFL has gotten too big brother for me. If a player commits a crime, well, then you have grounds for punishment. If a player violates the banned substances code, then fine.

But policing players' personal lives is wrong.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 09:54 AM
from ESPN

To me, this is ridiculous. He's a grown up. If he wants to f___ up his marriage and his self and the women he hits on by trying to bed other women, that's his business.

The NFL has gotten too big brother for me. If a player commits a crime, well, then you have grounds for punishment. If a player violates the banned substances code, then fine.

You think it's a good idea for the NFL to look the other way when this would obviously be used the next time something happens as evidence the NFL does not protect employees from a hostile workplace environment?

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 09:55 AM

That's what worries me about cocky guys like Finley. I think they're at a much higher risk of doing something stupid and destructive because they are too full of themselves to realize that they are not above it all. Johnny Jolly is another.

That's the great thing about Favre and Tiger. They become the poster children for the "don't let this happen to you" lectures.

vince
10-09-2010, 09:57 AM
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/why-the-n-f-l-is-investigating-brett-favre/

Why the N.F.L. Is Investigating Brett Favre
By TONI MONKOVIC
No woman has put her name behind claims of sexual harassment by Brett Favre. We have to start there, and with a presumption of innocence. But accusations that Favre sent suggestive messages and photos to the Jets sideline personality Jenn Sterger in 2008 are well past the whispering stage and seem likely to become a major distraction. The N.F.L. is investigating.

Judy Battista:

N.F.L. Security is trying to determine the veracity of the claims, including whether the photos and messages were sent by Favre and not somebody impersonating him. Deadspin reported that a man said to be Favre contacted Sterger on MySpace and began leaving her voice mail messages.

Also at issue is another Deadspin article that raised the question of whether a member of the Jets public relations staff acted as an intermediary in Favre’s attempts to contact Sterger.

Some may still be wondering why it’s the N.F.L.’s business. If Favre harassed Sterger or anyone else working for the Jets, it could become a legal matter. It’s best to let the lawyers explain:

First up, Clay Travis, NFL FanHouse:

You may hate for the media to pry into athlete’s private lives, but Brett Favre’s alleged acts aren’t really private at all. They’re actionable under the law and directly implicate football. Based on the allegations, a person in a position of power tried to take advantage of that power to encourage someone to do something that they otherwise wouldn’t have done. That’s a story as old as time.

Based upon all of the sexual harassment investigations I undertook, I can already give you an idea exactly what the NFL and the Jets are going to uncover in their own investigation: No man ever admits to anything. Period.

Except now technology comes into play. Many men are being caught based upon e-mail, text messages, phone logs and photos. Where once it was two dueling stories, now there is evidence to accompany these stories.

Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com, also a lawyer:

The league has every reason to be concerned about preventing this kind of behavior. Even though Sterger supposedly was a contractor and not an employee of the Jets, she became exposed to Favre (and, allegedly, Favre became exposed to her) via her workplace. The fact that, per Deadspin, a Jets P.R. employee may have known about Favre’s interest in Sterger and facilitated the communications would make it only more difficult to avoid potential liability for sexual harassment, if the alleged victim were inclined to proceed with civil charges.

When Favre was asked about the allegations, he declined to address them: “I’m not getting into that. I’ve got my hands full with the Jets.”

Brian Bassett, who runs the The Jets Blog, began by saying: “I don’t feel a need to explain how much I love the Jets. I think that writing daily on this site, for the past six years, is testament enough.”

You could then sense his disappointment and disgust as he went on to write:

Over the past months since this story was first hinted at by Deadspin, I’ve had this story confirmed to me by multiple independent sources who knew about this, saw the pictures, etc. But beyond just Favre’s inappropriate actions, I’m also talking about the Ines Sainz incident, and yes … even the Gate D situation of a few years back.

Why bring up old wounds? Because they are just that, wounds. Sexual harassment is no trivial thing.

No matter what the team might say, there is a pattern here.

MJZiggy
10-09-2010, 10:00 AM
from ESPN

The issue for the NFL here is that whether contract or not, Stenger was working with the NFL. She had declined his advances (in the workplace) and he continued which could be construed as sexual harassment. The NFL does NOT want that floating around right after the Jets sideline debacle.

mmmdk
10-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Something I don't get; the thing happened in 2008...it's 2010 almost 2011 - SO WHY WAIT? Money?

pbmax
10-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Except that Jolly and Finley seem nearly polar opposites in their public personalities.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 10:17 AM
So if the NFL suspends Bert, would the Vikes even want him back? They could be out of contention by then.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Something I don't get; the thing happened in 2008...it's 2010 almost 2011 - SO WHY WAIT? Money?

She probably had no idea what she was sitting on.

pbmax
10-09-2010, 10:23 AM
from ESPN

The issue for the NFL here is that whether contract or not, Stenger was working with the NFL. She had declined his advances (in the workplace) and he continued which could be construed as sexual harassment. The NFL does NOT want that floating around right after the Jets sideline debacle.
Florio (former lawyer), has opined that one of the ladies received bad advice is the husband's account is to be believed:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/08/favre-faces-more-allegations-from-his-new-york-days/

The couple claims they contacted a lawyer regarding a potential sexual harassment case, but they were told that, because the women are contractors and not employees, they could not pursue the matter. (Maybe they should have talked to a better lawyer; the specific status a person holds in a workplace doesn't provide immunity (http://www.njemploymentlawfirmblog.com/2010/02/sexual-harassment-of-independe.html) from the sexual harassment laws. Otherwise, everyone would hire contractors and the business world would be Sterling Cooper Draper Whoremonger all over again.)

vince
10-09-2010, 10:49 AM
It'll be interesting to see what comes of this, but the lawyers are opining with vigor.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/08/brett-favres-explicit-photos-unleash-legal-storm/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Brett Favre's Explicit Photos Unleash Legal Storm

Clay Travis
FanHouse Writer

If allegations that Brett Favre sent images of his penis to then-New York Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger in 2008 prove true, he will face a legal storm.

Most of the issues stem from the fact that the advances were allegedly unwanted and that both were both employed by the Jets at the time.

(Whether Sterger was an independent contractor or a full-time employee isn't likely to be significant in the disposition of this issue. We could enter into an entire labor and employment seminar on the issue, or you can just trust me.) Today, the NFL announced that it is investigating Favre's actions.

Already hand-wringing has begun over whether the NFL should care if Brett Favre sent explicit photos to Jenn Sterger.

So what if he did, some nitwits are already asking. Well, I'll tell you, if he did and it can be proven that he did, the old gunslinger is in trouble. He may well face a suspension and miss actual games. These aren't two consenting adults bound only by rampant libido, and this wasn't a bar pick-up gone awry. In both of those situations, I'd agree with you. The NFL, the Jets and the media wouldn't have much reason to pry into the details of what went down. But since Favre and Sterger were de facto employees of the Jets, this situation needs to be investigated.

And that investigation is going to be difficult. I know because in my prior life as a practicing attorney I investigated dozens of sexual harassment claims on behalf of a wide-ranging collection of companies. All of these internal investigations were undertaken on behalf of the company in the wake of complaints, anonymous or on the record, filed by employees or contractors acting as employees alleging sexual harassment.

But before we go any further, let's go ahead and dismiss the column and opinion pieces you're going to read comparing Brett Favre and Tiger Woods. Other than professional athletes pursuing sex, these two cases have very little in common. Whether you were offended or not, Tiger Woods's sexual indiscretions were entirely private in nature. That is, they didn't involve his employer at all. Tiger cheated on his wife, but there wasn't anyone that had an actionable claim against he or his employer. That's why you could fairly criticize the media for pursuing this story so aggressively. Basically, Tiger was a famous person whose morals were far from pure. That sucks for his wife, but it isn't a unique story in today's society.

Favre is completely different. His indiscretions are inextricably intertwined with his sport, his league, and his team. You may hate for the media to pry into athlete's private lives, but Brett Favre's alleged acts aren't really private at all. They're actionable under the law and directly implicate football. Based on the allegations, a person in a position of power tried to take advantage of that power to encourage someone to do something that they otherwise wouldn't have done. That's a story as old as time. And given the continuing sexual fault line in our society, it's an incredibly relevant story. Indeed, ESPN's abject failure to aggressively cover this case -- contrast this with the Ines Sainz case, for instance -- represents the latest evidence, as if you needed any, of exactly how much the network is in bed with its broadcast partners and the athletes who make the network billions. Unlike Tiger Woods, this story doesn't just exist to sell magazines and provide salacious headlines. It's legit, it matters. Unlike Tiger, Brett Favre's pursuit of sex from a fellow employee goes to the very heart of our modern day sexual fault line and, potentially, offers real consequences.

Now comes the NFL investigation, a step that is already being criticized by some. That's ludicrous. The NFL, like any other organization with evidence that an employee sexually harassed another employee, is duty-bound to investigate. It would be infinitely more absurd, and potentially actionable in its own right, not to investigate. Especially in the wake of Friday night's Deadspin.com report that two anonymous women, who claim to have worked as Jets masseuses, have come forward and alleged that Favre sexually harassed them via text message.

Based upon all of the sexual harassment investigations I undertook, I can already give you an idea exactly what the NFL and the Jets are going to uncover in their own investigation: No man ever admits to anything. Period. It's always a he said, she said debate when you speak to someone face-to-face. While sexual harassment can be male to female, female to male, male to male, or female to female, the vast majority of cases still involve men alleged to have harassed women. In all my investigations this was the allegation. In every case a woman alleged that something improper occurred and the man claimed that nothing improper happened. This makes sexual harassment cases the quintessential he said/she said debates.

Except now technology comes into play. Many men are being caught based upon e-mail, text messages, phone logs and photos. Where once it was two dueling stories, now there is evidence to accompany these stories. Per the Deadspin report, there is evidence that Favre left voice messages and sent naked photographs to Sterger. As a result, this story is not going away anytime soon. In fact, I predict it will be a shadow that follows Favre everywhere as he attempts to play a final season. Looking ahead, there are four main actors involved in this case with differing motives, objectives, and desired outcomes. As this story advances let's look at things from the perspective of Brett Favre, Jenn Sterger (and other potential victims), the NFL and the New York Jets.

1. Brett Favre

Will Favre willingly participate in the investigation, and if he doesn't, will the NFL make him? Asked to comment on Sterger's allegations Thursday, Favre declined to issue any comment at all. It's likely the NFL will insist that Favre meet with its investigators and I think it's likely that if the NFL determines these allegations have any truth that Favre is likely to face a suspension this season. That's especially the case when you consider that Ben Roethlisberger just finished a suspension for boorish behavior with women. Can the NFL really allow another Super Bowl-winning signal caller to skate on mistreatment of women when there is already the growing perception that NFL players mistreat women?

I don't think so.

It's not just Favre's image that could take a hit here. The Minnesota Vikings' season could very well hang in the balance. Not to mention Favre's own Hall of Fame career.

2. Jenn Sterger (and potentially other women who were affiliated with the Jets)

The key question is this: Was the sexual contact unwanted? That is, could Favre provide evidence that Sterger and any of the other women that may come forward welcomed his sexual advances. Remember, sexual harassment is in the eye of the harassed. So just because Favre believed he was within his rights to pursue sex from Jets employees or contractors doesn't mean that he truly was. It's not whether he believed his acts were harassive and unwanted, it's whether the women did.

Keep in mind, however, there's even an exception in sexual harassment law for one-time attempted pick-ups that fail. (This is jokingly known as the "there's no harm in asking" exception.) Is there truly an unwanted pattern of harassment on the part of Favre, or did he go after Sterger and other women aggressively and then relent when they didn't succumb to his advances? As such, it will be important to uncover whether there are text messages, e-mails and photos to demonstrate that continued harassment. If so, Favre may end up like a lot of modern men, hung by his own modern-media fingerprints.

For the record, and before the comments come flying out below blaming the women for this situation, I don't buy that Sterger is involved for the money. If she'd really been after money, as soon as Brett Favre sent her the unwanted photos she could have taken them to Favre and the Jets and demanded a settlement under the threat of going public with Favre's advances.

I think it's likely the Jets and Favre would have each paid out a million dollars or more to get a confidentiality statement and destroy the phones. What is Sterger gaining from the accusation now? And since she's already employed in the field of sports media, how is it going to help to have the reputation of being a snitch?

3. The NFL

The NFL is in the midst of wooing women football fans on a variety of fronts. As part of this new marketing plan, many players wore pink uniform apparel last Sunday. An entire advertising campaign is now predicated on convincing women to buy women-specific football apparel.

Why is the NFL doing this? Growth. The male audience is tapped out for football. But women? Women represent a fertile market for a league hellbent on conquering America. What's the biggest obstacle to the NFL's growing popularity among women? A belief taking root that the NFL players exploit and take advantage of women. If the NFL uncovers evidence that Favre sexually harassed Sterger or any other Jets employees, how could the league protect the shield?

By suspending Brett and sending a message to its most popular player that this behavior won't be tolerated.

4. The New York Jets

Remember the Ines Sainz case? The breathless coverage? The interviews? What seemed like a quest for eyeballs and ratings may have, in fact, heralded something much more interesting, a toxic work environment for females in the company of the New York Jets. The only thing worse than a sexual harassment allegation? A sexual harassment investigation. Especially if that investigation is undertaken by an aggressive and independent authority.

How aggressive would the NFL be in pursuing evidence of the atmosphere that exists around the Jets?

Very. Especially if the league is concerned that both of these stories, coming so closely together in the nation's premier media market, offer danger to the NFL brand.

Ultimately, if Brett Favre had known of the legal firestorm that these allegations would unleash, he probably would have stayed retired.

vince
10-09-2010, 10:54 AM
This isn't going away anytime soon, but it's also not going to be acted on anytime soon. An immediate suspension would be a strong precursor to a sexual harrassment suit against not only Favre, but the Jets and the NFL - with the NFL "admitting" guilt beforehand. That's not a very good legal strategy.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 11:10 AM
This isn't going away anytime soon, but it's also not going to be acted on anytime soon. An immediate suspension would be a strong precursor to a sexual harrassment suit against not only Favre, but the Jets and the NFL - with the NFL "admitting" guilt beforehand. That's not a very good legal strategy.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the NFL and the Vikings strongly encouraged Brett to retire.

If he's 1-3 on Monday night, what exactly is he hanging onto?

imscott72
10-09-2010, 11:12 AM
There's NO WAY the NFL suspends it's golden boy. The media would go ballistic. Like him or not he makes the NFL an assload of money.

vince
10-09-2010, 11:14 AM

But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the NFL and the Vikings strongly encouraged Brett to retire.
Maybe an indefinite suspension pending the "investigation?" That would probably get him to just retire.

I don't know. The attorney who wrote the article disagrees with me. Perhaps there's little to no liability on the part of the employer in this case and they will suspend him quickly.

AtlPackFan
10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Does anyone see Deanne leaving him over this if this? I mean its one thing to stand by your man but over and over again. And if she stays with him, what kind of message does that send to her girls. If this all turns out to be true she could still leave him and probably be set for life in a divorce settlement.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Does anyone see Deanne leaving him over this if this? I mean its one thing to stand by your man but over and over again. And if she stays with him, what kind of message does that send to her girls. If this all turns out to be true she could still leave him and probably be set for life in a divorce settlement.

I really don't know. You've got women like Hillary. And you've got women like Elin Woods. I don't have any kind of read on her, other than she's seen it before.

MJZiggy
10-09-2010, 11:44 AM

He did this for decades before they were married. Though it was well known at the time, this is the first the media has sniffed this kind of behavior. That could be a game changer. Putting up with it in private is one thing, but pubically may be a different matter.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Tomorrow is Favre's 41st birthday.

Happy Birthday Bert!

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Florio writes that he doesn't think the NFL could complete an investigation by the end of the season, but that Bert might retire anyway as the easy way out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/09/jets-cooperating-with-favre-investigation/

vince
10-09-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/wife_nearly_sacked_him_over_babes_vbTA4lrBn4lcZtXC MGvq3L

Brett Favre's wife nearly sacked him over babes

After years of suffering ever since she hooked up with the randy quarterback, Brett Favre's wife has tried to kick him to the curb at least once after discovering he'd been trying to hook up with a bevy of babes.

Deanna Favre wrote in a 2007 autobiography that in the mid-1990s -- a decade before they married -- as Favre was abusing booze and Vicodin while playing for the Green Bay Packers, she was aware that "there were other women at those places where Brett and his friends were partying."

At the time, the couple shared a 6-year-old daughter and a home in Green Bay.

"Most people assumed I was jealous and simply wanted him to stop going out. But I knew something was dreadfully wrong," Deanna wrote in her book, "Don't Bet Against Me! Beating the Odds Against Breast Cancer and in Life."

"One night, I walked into the room and heard Brett talking on the phone to a woman I had discovered he'd been calling," she wrote.

" 'That's it!' I told him. 'I don't deserve to be treated like this. You asked me to move up here to Green Bay, and now you're calling these girls -- well, you're on your own now. I'm not living this way. All this stuff is over for me.' "

Deanna, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2004, said Favre -- who's being probed by the NFL for inappropriate behavior with a sideline reporter -- "heard the finality in my voice and realized I was done."

"The next day, he sent me flowers and begged me not to go," Deanna wrote.

What changed her mind was speaking with the wife of the Packers' quarterback coach, who told her, "Don't leave, or Brett will end up killing himself."

Deanna stayed, but Favre later left for Mississippi in the off-season, with his addiction spiraling out of control. In May 1996, with Deanna back by his side, he revealed his dependency on Vicodin and went into rehab.

The couple married later that year.

But in 1999 Deanna again threatened to kick Brett to the curb because he was drinking.

"You had called a divorce attorney. You had kicked him out of the house," a "Good Morning America" reporter reminded Deanna in 2007.

She replied, "I was an enabler for a long time . . . I decided that was not the life that we needed to have . . . I was pregnant at the time this all happened."

Yet again, Deanna took her man back after he entered rehab

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 11:59 AM
"I was an enabler for a long time . . ."

Was?????

Tony Oday
10-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Florio writes that he doesn't think the NFL could complete an investigation by the end of the season, but that Bert might retire anyway as the easy way out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/09/jets-cooperating-with-favre-investigation/

Wow it will take that long...Big Ben's investigation was still ongoing when he was suspended for 6 games at first...

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Wow it will take that long...Big Ben's investigation was still ongoing when he was suspended for 6 games at first...

I'm not so sure why it has to take so long. Rothlesberger was a he said she said situation. There's a verifiable audit trail on this one. He either did it, or he didn't.

The distraction taints the game on the field. And Goodell might get tired of questions about why he's protecting Bert.

Patler
10-09-2010, 01:38 PM
There's NO WAY the NFL suspends it's golden boy. The media would go ballistic. Like him or not he makes the NFL an assload of money.

The NFL suspended its original golden boy, Paul Hornung, back in the day when suspensions were unheard of. Hornung was immensely popular, one of the faces of the league.

Tony Oday
10-09-2010, 01:41 PM

I'm not so sure why it has to take so long. Rothlesberger was a he said she said situation. There's a verifiable audit trail on this one. He either did it, or he didn't.

The distraction taints the game on the field. And Goodell might get tired of questions about why he's protecting Bert.

We know that Bert is more of an Icon than Big Ben but just because he is a great he shouldnt be suspended and treated just like Big Ben? I am sure if he is suspended they will fight it in court because the Vikes are allowed to cheat.

packerbacker1234
10-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I can guarentee Brett Favre isn't get suspended, all for reasons unrelated to the situation.

#1 - this is possibly his last year (as it is every yaer, you just don't know when he's going to hang it up)

#2 - the nfl is better with him in it then not, even if we want him to go away. Fact remains he is a national icon.

#3 - favre has done this before when he was younger, it's not as if this is a new revelation. He hasn't always been 100% faithful to his wife, even if he does "love" her. It's always been one of his biggest flaws in his personal life.

#4 - unlike in the Big Ben situation, there are no charges actually up for discussion with Favre. Sterger isn't, and hasn't, been pressing the issue or pushing for a case, the jets haven't, the vikings haven't, favre hasn't countered the news with a case against deadspin - all there is right now is a pending NFL investigation into the allegations that the pics and voicemail are indeed from Brett - so far there is no pending legal case.

#5 - "but big ben was..." was what? In his second law suit about innappropriate actions with college chicks. Yeah, he never got in trouble legally, but charges did get pressed. In the situation with Favre, there are no charges even threatened, and Sterger never released any information about the incident (according to her representatives), meaning whoever the "source", if it's legit, had to have STOLEN the voicemails. (aka, got ahol dof her phone and took everything off it).

#6 - Favre isn't untouchable, but he's as untouchable as a NFL superstar can get. While the NFL clearly wants it's players to be stand up individuals, fact remainst hat affairs are part of the normal human behavior in our present society. The only real issue here is how bad Favre is at picking up women these days. It's as if he thinks he can just say "hey I'm fucking Brett Favre" and get what he wants. He needs to spit some better game than that.

Bottom line - nothing is going to happen to favre. The NFL investigation isn't going to go anywhere unless: Deadspin gives up it's source, which it has no intention of doing, or unless Sterger wants to press an issue, which she has stated several times that she doesn't.

In short, there is nothing to worry about in the Favre camp, outside of another threat from his wife for divorce. It's all personal life related for mr. Favre and that is where he may get burned. I doubt the NFL takes any actions.

packerbacker1234
10-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Forgot to also add that Big Ben's first situation that arose only got a warning from Mr. Goodell. It was the second time it happened that prompted a suspension. Outside of the fact that no one is even pressing charges against #4, best case scenario is Favre gets a meeting with Goodell where he reasserts the player conduct code, possibly sees a small fine if any fine at all, and is sent along his way.

A new story arises from his time on the vikings, that is when the hammer could get dropped.

In fact, I think deadspin itself even said favre mos tlikely wont get suspended, and they solely did it to stir up contreversy heading into the jets game. a month from now no one will be talking about it anymore.

get louder at lambeau
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I can guarentee Brett Favre isn't get suspended, all for reasons unrelated to the situation.

#1 - this is possibly his last year (as it is every yaer, you just don't know when he's going to hang it up)

#2 - the nfl is better with him in it then not, even if we want him to go away. Fact remains he is a national icon.

#3 - favre has done this before when he was younger, it's not as if this is a new revelation. He hasn't always been 100% faithful to his wife, even if he does "love" her. It's always been one of his biggest flaws in his personal life.

#4 - unlike in the Big Ben situation, there are no charges actually up for discussion with Favre. Sterger isn't, and hasn't, been pressing the issue or pushing for a case, the jets haven't, the vikings haven't, favre hasn't countered the news with a case against deadspin - all there is right now is a pending NFL investigation into the allegations that the pics and voicemail are indeed from Brett - so far there is no pending legal case.

#5 - "but big ben was..." was what? In his second law suit about innappropriate actions with college chicks. Yeah, he never got in trouble legally, but charges did get pressed. In the situation with Favre, there are no charges even threatened, and Sterger never released any information about the incident (according to her representatives), meaning whoever the "source", if it's legit, had to have STOLEN the voicemails. (aka, got ahol dof her phone and took everything off it).

#6 - Favre isn't untouchable, but he's as untouchable as a NFL superstar can get. While the NFL clearly wants it's players to be stand up individuals, fact remainst hat affairs are part of the normal human behavior in our present society. The only real issue here is how bad Favre is at picking up women these days. It's as if he thinks he can just say "hey I'm fucking Brett Favre" and get what he wants. He needs to spit some better game than that.

Bottom line - nothing is going to happen to favre. The NFL investigation isn't going to go anywhere unless: Deadspin gives up it's source, which it has no intention of doing, or unless Sterger wants to press an issue, which she has stated several times that she doesn't.

In short, there is nothing to worry about in the Favre camp, outside of another threat from his wife for divorce. It's all personal life related for mr. Favre and that is where he may get burned. I doubt the NFL takes any actions.

I think you might be dead wrong on this one. Charges may be coming-

Deadspin's exposure of Favre's alleged exposure apparently has prompted one of the Jets' former massage therapists to come forward with an account of Favre pursuing two massage therapists -- and eventually sending them "nasty" text messages.

The husband of one of the women took offense, and supposedly dialed the number from which Favre sent the text messages. "I called him on his phone and told him I wanted an apology," the man told A.J. Daulerio of Deadspin. "He acted all arrogant. He refused to apologize."

The couple claims they contacted a lawyer regarding a potential sexual harassment case, but they were told that, because the women are contractors and not employees, they could not pursue the matter. (Maybe they should have talked to a better lawyer; the specific status a person holds in a workplace doesn't provide immunity from the sexual harassment laws. Otherwise, everyone would hire contractors and the business world would be Sterling Cooper Draper Whoremonger all over again.)

The couple also claims that the text messages have been saved, and that they have not yet decided whether to go public.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/08/favre-faces-more-allegations-from-his-new-york-days/

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Forgot to also add that Big Ben's first situation that arose only got a warning from Mr. Goodell.

#1 Sterger
#2 Massage Therapist
#3 Massage Therapist
#4 ??????
#5 ??????
#6 ??????
#7 ??????

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 01:59 PM

All I'm going to say right now is that maybe you need to need to spend some more time pondering the situation, and reading.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/08/brett-favres-explicit-photos-unleash-legal-storm/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

vince
10-09-2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/10/08/opinion-please-help-me-believe-that-theres-anything-other-than-systemic-misogyny-taking-place/

Opinion: Please Help Me Believe There’s Anything Other Than Systemic Harassment Taking Place

I don’t feel a need to explain how much I love the Jets, I think that writing daily on this site, for the past six years, is testament enough. If one really loves someone in life, sometimes addressing difficult issues for their betterment, with “tough love”, is the right thing to do. It pains me to so openly point out some serious concerns I have about the Jets organization. But there seems to be a growing perception of systemic misogyny through some recent unfortunate incidents.

I don’t imagine that my words will change the way that professional sports operate, or the way that players conduct themselves, or that all fans who read this will suddenly all agree with my opinion, but to silently allow the issue to continue, in my mind, wouldn’t be right either. Also, let’s be very clear that I’m not saying that I live a perfect life and haven’t learned lessons the hard way, but if we waited for someone to who has lived a wholly virtuous life to address this, then we might be here for a while.

This opening statement is of course pre-text to the presently alleged event of former Jet QB Brett Favre sexting former Jets Game Day Host Jenn Sterger reported on Deadspin and now the subsequent harassment of massage therapists coming forward. Over the past months since this story was first hinted at by Deadspin, I’ve had this story confirmed to me by multiple independent sources who knew about this, saw the pictures, etc. But beyond just Favre’s inappropriate actions, I’m also talking about the Ines Sainz incident, and yes … even the Gate D situation of a few years back.

Why bring up old wounds? Because they are just that, wounds. Sexual harassment is no trivial thing, and for any to use excuses like, ‘This happened years ago,’ or, ‘She wasn’t even an employee,’ or, ‘Favre isn’t even here anymore’ are arguments in poor taste.

“We view these as isolated incidents,” said Bruce Speight, Jets spokesman, by phone on Friday. “And we took a proactive approach when they were brought to our attention.”

It’s a fair statement if the only concern is to address harassment from a reactionary standpoint. Pro-actively they need to set forth establishing new guidelines to prevent such situations in the future, and as far as I can tell, there is no such plan in place for the Jets.

The way that the Jets are addressing the situation, it would appear to me that Jets can only act on wrongdoing that they know about after the fact, by the mounting evidence, they are terrible at preventing it.

Finding blame in sexual harassment can be a tricky thing, which is why forward thinking organizations have zero or near-zero tolerance policies when it comes to harassment of any kind. I’ve requested a copy of the Jets harassment policy, and will post what I find out, when I know more.

At the business where I work, all parties (harasser, harassed, witness), no matter their employment status, in the case of any sexual harassment can be culpable if they don’t immediately bring up the incident. More often than not, it should be the witness for whom is the easiest to act. Of course, some parties might be less culpable than others (specifically the harassed, for obvious reasons), but the point that harassment, or even perceived harassment should be immediately addressed by all involved directly or indirectly is tantamount to making the system work and to prevent hostile environments, and future incidents.

Let’s look at the scenarios.

Gate D. The sporting facility was rented/owned respectively by the Jets & New Jersey Sports Exposition Authority organizations. In the case of Gate D, NJSEA employees ran the facility and were in charge of security. Despite NJSEA’s responsibility, incidents have happened frequently as a longstanding tradition. Jets fans acted as the harasser, harassed and witness. While it would be nice for Jets fans to police themselves, the NJSEA was the truer police of the situation; this policing is part of their contractual obligation. Despite the frequency of the events, as well as easily verifiable evidence by simply watching Gate D during the games, neither the NJSEA nor the Jets took proactive steps to curb the abhorrent behavior. Failure to act ultimately made both organizations appear to be responsible. If there is any good news out of this, it’s that in the new stadium security is directly controlled by the team, so there should be no excuses for these type of issues.

Inez Sainz. In the case of Sainz, inappropriate statements of a sexual and derogatory manner were being made in the locker room for an indeterminate duration. It wasn’t until a reporter (witness) intervened to the harassed (Sainz) as a Jets PR staffer (witness, but seemingly with more authority in the situation than the reporter) looked on. The reporter’s intervention was then rebuked by Kris Jenkins. Action on the matter by the Jets PR staffer was not immediate, and thus the team appears to be responsible both by not being proactive to the incident. While the team did immediately contact Joanne Gerstner at the American Women in Sports Media, it was again reactionary in nature.

Jenn Sterger. In the case of Sterger, the original story was broken by Deadspin on 8/6/10. We’re led to believe by Deadspin that she was not only approached in an inappropriate manner, but that she unequivocally declined, and also that Favre had the help of a fellow Jets employee, Jets Media Relations Manager Jared Winley in approaching her multiple times in order to initiate some sort of relationship that Sterger did not want. Action on the matter wasn’t immediate, ultimately making the organization appear to be not only negligent in duty, but potentially complicit in the sexual harassment of Sterger.

Massage Therapists. In the case of Favre and the massage therapists, the original story was broken by Deadspin and the Post on 8/8/10. The women received “nasty” messages from Favre, who allegedly would not apologize to one of the therapists’ husband, and who were told by a lawyer that since they were contractors, their claims had no merit. Whoever that lawyer was, clearly his degree isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on, something which Florio and I actually seem to agree on. This matter is still working itself out, but sounds like another cautionary tale of poor pro-activity and maybe even worse reactivity. I can only conclude that the lawyer in question was an in-house counsel for the Jets (translation: hack) who had the team’s, not the therapists, best interests at heart.

On Thursday, Deadspin Editor-in-Chief AJ Daulerio wrote about this, saying the following.

The Jets have issued a statement through Sunshine PR, saying that "this is the first they’ve heard of this situation." The team also made it known that Sterger was a contractor hired to work on game days only, and that she didn’t work directly for the Jets

Daulerio mentions Sunshine, Sachs & Associates, whom I called today to better understand the quote to the Deadspin Editor. Upon my reading of the part about her being a contractor, caused me serious concern. The specific status (employee, contractor) holds in a workplace doesn’t provide immunity from harassment laws, and I was hoping that wasn’t what the Jets thought, which is why I pressed the matter and was referred by the team to Sunshine, Sachs & Associates.

Mr. Jesse Derris said that Daulerio repeatedly referred to Sterger as an “employee” and Sunshine told Daulerio that they wanted to make clear her status as a contractor. “[Sunshine, Sachs & Associates was] correcting an anticipated error in the story [by Deadspin], nothing more.”

So while it’s clear she was not an employee, it doesn’t acquit the Jets organization of workplace harassment, it just adjusted any potential foul-ups about her 1099 status.

In any organization, sexual harassment can happen to employees, vendors, contractors, guests … it doesn’t matter who writes their paycheck, unwelcome sexual advances in the workplace are, just that, unwelcome and in the workplace. And just because something wrong happened in the past doesn’t sanctify it in the present, whether that player is still on the team or no longer there. Harassment is harassment, plain & simple.

Ms. Sterger might not have reported what Favre did at the time, but AJ Daulerio at Deadspin seems eager to fill in the gaps.

Daulerio said Sterger did not provide the photos and voicemails and declined comment for his post. "She doesn’t want to be seen as Rachel Uchitel," Daulerio said of Sterger, referring to one of Tiger Woods’ mistresses, "even though she didn’t do anything wrong. It would be interesting to get her take on it."

"There is a pattern of recklessness with athletes that seems alarming," Daulerio said. "He’s a high-profile, public person. For him to engage in this kind of behavior – we think that is newsworthy."

Sadly, as far as we know, Sterger didn’t in fact report the incident at the time to the team (which according to the Jets, we can imply that she didn’t). Unless she breaks her silence, it only leaves doubt about whether the allegations were actual harassment or something else.

My meaning? Her role in the matter will always (rightly or wrongly) be suspect because of her subsequent actions. Personally, I believe her to be a legitimate victim, which makes the whole thing even sadder because she was subjected to something she shouldn’t have been, and she is apparently ok with it, and that as part of becoming a Jets contractor, sexual harassment wasn’t properly addressed. Sterger’s inaction, and then subsequent sharing of this correspondence with others (a third party who then shared them with AJ) have left her status and credibility in the matter suspect.

This second set of massage therapists is tragic too, since they received terrible legal counsel from a questionable source.

When a specific type of event happens once, it is “isolated.” When it happens a second time, it is an unusual recurrence. However, the more it happens, the less one can live with the cognitive dissonance and try and ignore the problem. It has gone from an isolated event to something else that might be systemic. No matter what the team might say, there is a pattern here.

Since this Sterger story broke yesterday, TheJetsBlog has been approached by a former Gameday Ops (i.e. JetsFest) intern who said that a few years ago, interns were mandated to wear sparkly, tight-fitting official Reebok materials that left little to the imagination. When female interns pushed back on concerns of decency, they were rebuffed by their boss in the Jets organization (someone who has since left the team) and told it was NFL sanctioned clothing, end of story. How tight the shirt was, what the outfit specifically was is irrelevant. The interns (yet another status in the workplace who should be afforded equal protection) voiced their concerns, and they were not addressed.

I’m not foolish enough to think that this is a Jets only problem; other players in the league have let us know a little about such bad behavior.
Just this past May, Kansas City WR Dwayne Bowe was caught bragging about his teammates ‘importing’ women . Even NFL Golden Boy Peyton Manning was flagged for allegedly engaging in “horseplay” back in college, and then later in his alleged barging in on a former Colts cheerleader in her hotel room. While we’re a long way from the days of former Patriot Zeke Mowatt’s abhorrent acts to Lisa Olson, it’s clear that there’s still room for betterment within the league. It’s clear that the Jets aren’t alone on this, but it’s certainly true that they are getting more than their fair share of ink around these incidents.

Still, even if the Jets are getting more than their fair share, it’s only because these stories are coming to light with greater frequency. Greater numbers of people are willing to be witnesses to actions that are inappropriate. If two people are driving over the speed limit on the highway, and one gets caught by a cop and the other doesn’t, it doesn’t make the person who didn’t get caught right… it just means they didn’t get caught by the cop.

Sunshine, Sachs PR did claim that the Jets didn’t know about this matter with Sterger until very recently; meaning they did not know about it two months ago when this story first was hinted at on Deadspin.

On that count, I have no facts so this is totally my opinion, but that is something that I personally find very hard to believe. The talk of these pictures was all over major market sports radio for days after Deadspin hinted at this… this can’t be the first the team is hearing about this can it? Are they that naive to the fact that they were tangentially the butt of the jokes about Favre’s orange clogs or whatever Internet-wide for the past few months?

And what about Goodell and the league office? Not one of them got wind of this months ago when it hit Deadspin and informed the team? So a league which is overly sensitive to how players talk in a locker room in moments when they are most vulnerable to speaking candidly about the league officiating are suddenly ignorant when it comes to players talking or acting towards women in a much more derogatory manor?

The political phrase “willfully ignorant” comes to mind.

I don’t know specifically what I’m asking for to change. I don’t know that it ever will in professional sports, but I do know that I’m seeing something that is increasingly hard for me to ignore as a fan. I’ve called out the organization for not acting immediately, but also have to practice on the matter which I’m calling them to action.

Like any witness to harassment, it’s my job to take that toughest step forward, the very first one, and address the situation with you, the fans. It’s my job to tell the truth about what I saw, but beyond that, it’s up to authorities to do right and restore the situation by taking whatever justice is merited.

I’ve done my part … now it’s up to the Jets and the NFL to do theirs.

pbmax
10-09-2010, 02:23 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/wife_nearly_sacked_him_over_babes_vbTA4lrBn4lcZtXC MGvq3L

[size=18]At the time, the couple shared a [b]6-year-old daughter and a home in Green Bay.

"Most people assumed I was jealous and simply wanted him to stop going out. But I knew something was dreadfully wrong," Deanna wrote in her book, "Don't Bet Against Me! Beating the Odds Against Breast Cancer and in Life."

"One night, I walked into the room and heard Brett talking on the phone to a woman I had discovered he'd been calling," she wrote.

" 'That's it!' I told him. 'I don't deserve to be treated like this. You asked me to move up here to Green Bay, and now you're calling these girls -- well, you're on your own now. I'm not living this way. All this stuff is over for me.' "

Deanna, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2004, said Favre -- who's being probed by the NFL for inappropriate behavior with a sideline reporter -- "heard the finality in my voice and realized I was done."

"The next day, he sent me flowers and begged me not to go," Deanna wrote.

What changed her mind was speaking with the wife of the Packers' quarterback coach, who told her, "Don't leave, or Brett will end up killing himself."

Deanna stayed, but Favre later left for Mississippi in the off-season, with his addiction spiraling out of control. In May 1996, with Deanna back by his side, he revealed his dependency on Vicodin and went into rehab.
So sometime in 1995 the wife of the Quarterback's coach told her not to leave Favre or he would kill himself.

His QB coach at the time was Steve Mariucci (92 to 95). Its good to know Deanna was getting solid, unfiltered advice from a woman whose livelihood depended on Farvre preforming well as QB of the Packers.

And that advice, if accurately recalled by Deanna, is among the dumbest advice I have ever heard.

ThunderDan
10-09-2010, 02:23 PM

You are the biggest BF apologist ever!!!

Reason #1 is the biggest piece of crap I have heard in a long time. So if this came out in 2008 you don't suspend Favre who had retired for the 2nd time officially already because its his last year. And here we are in 2010 and BF is still playing.

#2: The NFL is better with Favre on the field. His off-field antics for the last 5 years has not been good.

#3: When Favre was running around in the 90s it sure didn't blow up like this. I had never seen BF's cock until this week.

#4: Absolutely true at this moment.

#5: Absolutely true. But now we have more women coming out of the woodwork. Who knows what might be filed.

#6: No one is above the game and Goodell has been very active in telling players that the rules are a changing about off-filed behavior.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Those Jets fans will eat him alive Monday night.

vince
10-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Chilly says schlong-gate will not be a distraction.

I guess he too as unimpressed by the croc shots.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DjdfCJCVLe0/ST4L8UTFRXI/AAAAAAAAC2I/COYldvU-o0E/s400/visanthe-shiancoe-vikings-locker-room.jpg

Tarlam!
10-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Those Jets fans will eat him alive Monday night.

I agree completely.

It will take some thick skin for the man to run out of the tunnel, especially there.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
In an effort to promote healing and unity at PackerRats and in Packer nation, I want to extend the following offer to Woody. If he's brave enough to post in this thread, I will not reply to him. Not a peep. He's free to say whatever he likes here without any fear of retaliation from me. I'd like to promote contributions from all sides of this discussion, and hope this small token would help unite rather than divide.

I give you all on my word on this.

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 03:27 PM
the "My Brett, our Favre II" voiceover from Deanna should be epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWbNgIc2TVM

I: "Legends write their own stories..."
II: "Legends write their own text messages... masseuses file their own lawsuits"

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Sterger on Favre - "creepy douche".

In a February 2010 e-mail to Deadspin.com, she called Favre "a creepy douche" and added, "I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc. because I don't roll that way, meaning old . . . or married

Words of wisdom from Jenn - for every old drunk guy that thinks he's got a chance.

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 03:40 PM
So you're saying,,,there's a CHANCE!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/circasurvive123/dd.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Deanna - "How did work go today honey?"

Tarlam!
10-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Think they'll have a birthday party or go for a romantic dinner for two?

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Think they'll have a birthday party or go for a romantic dinner for two?

I heard Deanna got him a new cellphone.

http://www.tvfilmprops.co.uk/userdata/PRODTHM-216.jpg

packerbacker1234
10-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I also noted that Big Ben was only warned the first time his "incidents" came to light, and it was the 2nd repeated offense that caused the suspension - hence the high likelyhood of a slap on the wrist and a fine versus a suspension. Yeah, big ben was an example, but he was given a fair warning about it the first time.

green_bowl_packer
10-09-2010, 04:24 PM
See My Dong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AuEuYyfL0o

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I also noted that Big Ben was only warned the first time his "incidents" came to light, and it was the 2nd repeated offense that caused the suspension - hence the high likelyhood of a slap on the wrist and a fine versus a suspension. Yeah, big ben was an example, but he was given a fair warning about it the first time.

How much fair warning do you need not to send cockshots to young female coworkers?

I see you're backing off your previous guarantee. Wise move.

packerbacker1234
10-09-2010, 04:45 PM

How much fair warning do you need not to send cockshots to young female coworkers?

I am still fairly certain he isn't getting suspended, but that is a story for another time. :p

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 04:52 PM

I am still fairly certain he isn't getting suspended, but that is a story for another time. :p

Guarantee to high likelihood to fairly certain in couple of hours. At this pace you'll be ready to give him life in prison by dinner time. :lol:

Bossman641
10-09-2010, 05:00 PM
It's all TT's fault. If he had never shipped Favre off to NY then Favre never would have been in a position to send cock shots to this woman.

(I just wanted to beat all the Favre apologists to the punch)

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 05:05 PM
It's all TT's fault. If he had never shipped Favre off to NY then Favre never would have been in a position to send cock shots to this woman.

Ted probably took all our free agent money and hired a celebrity voice impersonator.

mission
10-09-2010, 05:09 PM

Ted probably took all our free agent money and hired a celebrity voice impersonator.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

imscott72
10-09-2010, 05:13 PM

The NFL suspended its original golden boy, Paul Hornung, back in the day when suspensions were unheard of. Hornung was immensely popular, one of the faces of the league.

The game is completely different now. Players like Favre are the face of the NFL. You're comparing apples to oranges when you look at those two generations.

mission
10-09-2010, 05:20 PM

The game is completely different now. Players like Favre are the face of the NFL. You're comparing apples to oranges when you look at those two generations.

Exactly, you're saying it yourself.

He's the face of the NFL. And when the face of your organization is involved in "inter-office" behavior that's considered illegal, you have to do something to change the public's perception of your organization. Remember this is the Jets where this happened; they just had that thing with the sideline reporter and the NFL is trying to attract even more women fans.

At some point the NFL will choose to send a message about this kind of stuff. It wouldn't floor me if he wasn't suspended (there are bigger conspiracies out there), but I could also see the NFL using it as an example.

Cheesehead Craig
10-09-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm no BF apologist but the more I think of it, the more I have to agree with packerbacker1234 that Favre won't get suspended.

I just have a feeling that the investigation is going to get dragged out and hangups are going to happen over Deadspin not giving up their sources.

I certainly realize that a good number of people on here want to see a suspension this season, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 05:34 PM

So you and I disagree about Bert? Big deal.

You're the only one in here willing to take your beat down like a man. And it's got to be rough. And for that you have forever earned my respect.

AtlPackFan
10-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm no BF apologist but the more I think of it, the more I have to agree with packerbacker1234 that Favre won't get suspended.

I just have a feeling that the investigation is going to get dragged out and hangups are going to happen over Deadspin not giving up their sources.

I certainly realize that a good number of people on here want to see a suspension this season, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

I agree. I think this whole thing gets dragged out, forgotten and swept under the rug. Its more than Deadspin giving up their sources, I think the girls are going to have to be willing to come forward and it doesn't sound like that is going to happen. I realize the one talked to a lawyer but you have to wonder if this is a ploy on their part to see how much money they can make out of the whole thing.

Tarlam!
10-09-2010, 06:07 PM

I agree. I think this whole thing gets dragged out, forgotten and swept under the rug. Its more than Deadspin giving up their sources, I think the girls are going to have to be willing to come forward and it doesn't sound like that is going to happen. I realize the one talked to a lawyer but you have to wonder if this is a ploy on their part to see how much money they can make out of the whole thing.

I see where you guys are coming from, but I thinks it's gotten so much attention that Goodell will have to react like any organization in this position.

It's a public relations nightmare and generally, corporations do well to settle those things quickly. Think Shell and the Gulf oil platform. Obviously, my comparison had Greenies keeping the fires burning, but I could see womens rights lobbyists camping at Goodell's door, too.

Cheesehead Craig
10-09-2010, 07:02 PM

I see where you guys are coming from, but I thinks it's gotten so much attention that Goodell will have to react like any organization in this position.

It's a public relations nightmare and generally, corporations do well to settle those things quickly. Think Shell and the Gulf oil platform. Obviously, my comparison had Greenies keeping the fires burning, but I could see womens rights lobbyists camping at Goodell's door, too.
True. It does depend on how much more noise is raised about this. If some big feminist group comes out or one of the other women decide they are going to stand up and say something in public, then there's something that needs to be done.

If things stay as they are, even now, I don't think a suspension is going to happen this season.

Fritz
10-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Depends on what is found. If the massage therapist's story is true, then there is potentially sexual harrassment at the workplace and yes, the women might have some pressure to bear.

The Sterger story is uncertain. Is it sexual harrassment to try to hook up with a woman by sending cockshots or is it just stupid?

And has that method ever ever ever ever worked for any guy, any where?

MJZiggy
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Depends on what is found. If the massage therapist's story is true, then there is potentially sexual harrassment at the workplace and yes, the women might have some pressure to bear.

The Sterger story is uncertain. Is it sexual harrassment to try to hook up with a woman by sending cockshots or is it just stupid?

And has that method ever ever ever ever worked for any guy, any where?

Problem is that the cockshot wasn't first contact. An no, it doesn't.

Tony Oday
10-09-2010, 07:50 PM
well at least she is smoking hot! WOW...

Now on to the sexting.

In my opinion, and I freaking hate Favre, this was not a one way thing. I mean cmon who just sends a random c*ck shot to a lady and expect that to work unless there is maybe 50 $100 bills attached. What did she send to him? I am sorry I cant believe that he is that dumb/creepy to just send random shots of mini peppridge farm guy to this smoking hottie.

Joemailman
10-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Latest rumor is that the NFL is bringing in Mariucci to testify as to whether the pictures really are that of the ol' gunslinger.

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Favre's damage control agent:

I want to kiss you
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/joe_namath_drunk_1.jpg
I want to puke

gex
10-09-2010, 08:48 PM

Now on to the sexting.

In my opinion, and I freaking hate Favre, this was not a one way thing. I mean cmon who just sends a random c*ck shot to a lady and expect that to work unless there is maybe 50 $100 bills attached. What did she send to him? I am sorry I cant believe that he is that dumb/creepy to just send random shots of mini peppridge farm guy to this smoking hottie.

2nd

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 08:51 PM
The 2nd voicemail where he addresses her thought about ending up in a garbage can should answer any questions as to whether the advances were unwanted.

get louder at lambeau
10-09-2010, 08:52 PM

Go to work tomorrow and show some chick who's not into you your dick, then report back to us with your findings.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 08:53 PM

Try it at work and let us know how it works out for you.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Peter King speculated tonight that any investigation couldn't be completed until after the season. Though he didn't give any reason for it taking that long.

Rothlesberger allegedly assaulted that girl March 4. The commissioner suspended him April 18.

get louder at lambeau
10-09-2010, 09:07 PM
And the Funniest Use of Quotes Since Last Time Woodbuck Posted Award goes to... (drumroll)

Gregg Rosenthal, for his Brad Childress quote! (Applause)-

On Saturday, Vikings coach Brad Childress said that he addressed the team (and Favre) about Favre's situation and the team "won't let it become a distraction."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/09/brad-childress-talks-deadspin-report-favre-mri/

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 09:20 PM
There's nothing I'd rather see right now than an unscheduled Favre press conference. Because if it's going to end badly for him, that's how it will go down.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2010, 09:23 PM
More bad news for Bert. Sterger will cooperate with the investigation. And she didn't have to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/09/sterger-will-cooperate-with-favre-investigation/

Patler
10-09-2010, 09:27 PM

The game is different sure, but it was big business in its own right in the '60s, too; and Hornung was one of the most recognizable faces in the league. It was a huge deal when Hornung was suspended for an entire year. In some ways maybe bigger, because the NFL was trying to build its image at the time. Suspending Favre will be a big story, but it won't affect the league at all, except maybe in MN.

get louder at lambeau
10-09-2010, 09:33 PM

The game is different sure, but it was big business in its own right in the '60s, too; and Hornung was one of the most recognizable faces in the league. It was a huge deal when Hornung was suspended for an entire year. In some ways maybe bigger, because the NFL was trying to build its image at the time. Suspending Favre will be a big story, but it won't affect the league at all, except maybe in MN.

Yeah, it;s not like the NFL of the '60s said "We're not a big deal like we will be in 40 years, so it doesn't matter if we suspend our most popular players or not."

wpony
10-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I dont think Brett will quit over this unless he is suspended because then his record for most starts in a row will be over and that means so much to him I think that is a big part of what keeps bringing him back

gbgary
10-09-2010, 10:19 PM
I mean cmon who just sends a random c*ck shot...

some adolescent trying to shock someone or some desperate old guy trying to get back to his adolescence.

woodbuck27
10-09-2010, 10:23 PM

Thank YOU Bossman641. :D

Packerrats.

STOP Scott Campbell's HATE and Obsessions of Hatred.

Edwin Wood woodbuck27

woodbuck27
10-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Scott Campbell. You'd even attack a great nation. I am Canadian and I object to your slur. You insult me. You insult any poster here that doesn't agree with your agendas to hate.

Scott Campbell. See how you demonstrate hatred.? Your all about desroying the real vaues Packerrats deserves to appreciate and enjoy more fully.

Scott Campbell your selfish to the worst degree.

Scott Campbell. You'd even place ' your agendas' above the common sense of decent people here at Packerrats that deserve this forum to be far removed from your ways and manners , personality, and hate filled obsessions, Your agenda is old Scott for people here AT Packerrats that want to live a decent and moral life and still enjoy OUR Packer forum (Packerrats) and that, based in commom sence values Scott Campbell.

Any member or all members of Packerats.

Please, examine yourself in terms related to how Scott Campbell is. Are you like Scott Campbell? Do you admire Scott Campbell and support his agendas?

Packerrats.

I don't need you to respond to me in terms related to an honest examination of yourself. I'm only questioning what Scott Campbell does to Packerrats to support his need to hate.

Scott Campbell is all about hate Packerrats.

Just examine yourself please. I ask for all of you to stop Scott Campbell.

My name is Edwin Wood. woodbuck27

MadtownPacker
10-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I agree with those that think this is gonna get dragged out and once this season is done Favre can walk away from NFl punishment but there is also the possibility that if he did send the pics he pays her $$$ for silence. Now that she agreed to cooperate with the investigation she has the power to squash it by saying nothing happened. That power is worth alotta bankroll. If Favre didnt actually send the pics he might want to just pay her anyways cuz who knows what a female will say. Woman wants equality on everything but then expected to be "treated like a lady". I say "fucking act like one then"! :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Uh Woody, you did see this post by SC right? Maybe you can extend the same offer?

In an effort to promote healing and unity at PackerRats and in Packer nation, I want to extend the following offer to Woody. If he's brave enough to post in this thread, I will not reply to him. Not a peep. He's free to say whatever he likes here without any fear of retaliation from me. I'd like to promote contributions from all sides of this discussion, and hope this small token would help unite rather than divide.

woodbuck27
10-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Uh Woody, you did see this post by SC right? Maybe you can extend the same offer?

Mad. I didn't read that piece of BS and it's just that.

Scott is **'a snake in the grass' and you damn well know that's a fact Mad. You don't miss alot man. I have always respected you on that basis. Your not dumb Mad.

** Those are harsh words for me Mad. I always post with such care RE: manners but Scott Campbell and his kind should never get the support of the majority or that small society is in sorry shape. So soft words in a hard environment don't work sometimes.

I survive Scott Campbell's because I'm strong enough to survive. The Scott Campbell's are why people like me must be vigiliant.

Ever see the movie "Boondock Saints" Mad. Like that movie. Like the central theme or premise of that movie? Why should the bad guys always win, Mad ? Bad guys never have and never will win Vs me. TRUST that has been a TRUTH of my life.

Sometimes patience is the BEST weapon against such types Mad. :D

I know what the poster we all know as Scott Campbell stands for. I've observed that person post and hurt people on the forums he's on for over five years. He always operates the same way. Hit and run. Attack and insult and degrade and pick pick pick on and annoy and more and more until most peole just walk away.

It's always really OK until he's taken down soft or HARD. Then he goes to worse. I've seen the whole gaumet of his ways Mad. I know Scott Campbell.

I don't and never will admire Scott Campbell. That poster is clearly and destructively way out there SELFISH. He's not just a cute little bite in thhe arse clown. He's sick in his obsessions and damned determined to drive his agendas home at any cost. Scott Campbell is tommake it really clear in my observation:

A HATE MONGER. I will not support that. Not inany terms will I support the poster Scott Campbell.

He enjoys any insult and runs any agenda that meets his self serving...SELFISH hated filled needs. He's obsessive in the clearest definition of what that means and he's dangerous to any poster weak or unable to tolerate his anger.

Mad. You also know Scott Cambell. You know me.

I cannot poasibly support smut posting. I cannot possibly support what's wrong.

Sorry mad if you don't understand me but I won't sacrifice my moral ethical right to my self -respect and integrity for a poster like Scott Campbell. He's hardly worth that. :lol:

I don't take this personal either Mad. It is what it is and it'll be what it'll be.

I only post here in terms most related to goodnes....not garbage and certainly not in support of hate based material and agendas.

I will not return to this thread. I'm outta here. Fill your boots and damage yourselves.

Later Mad. PEACE Man. :) I'm :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: done with Scott Campbell.

I'll stay out of HIS GRASS.

woodbuck27
10-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I agree with those that think this is gonna get dragged out and once this season is done Favre can walk away from NFl punishment but there is also the possibility that if he did send the pics he pays her $$$ for silence. Now that she agreed to cooperate with the investigation she has the power to squash it by saying nothing happened. That power is worth alotta bankroll. If Favre didnt actually send the pics he might want to just pay her anyways cuz who knows what a female will say. Woman wants equality on everything but then expected to be "treated like a lady". I say "fucking act like one then"! :lol:

Ohh Mad.

This garbage won't have any effect on Brett Favre's career if he's counseled properly. It will go :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: virtually N O W H E R E in it's end.

Garbage goes in :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: ' the GARBAGE '. That's a bit of Eastern Religion...an age old prophesy not anything really enlightening Mad.

Favre will be OK. I believe 'just' that.

That's why Scott Campbell's agenda has to be exposed as just his manner of foolishness and selfishness.

That will come. :idea:

GO PACK GO!

Packgator
10-10-2010, 12:04 AM

He may have been doing the same thing while in Green Bay.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Efforts from the NY media to flesh out new info:

Will the New York Post entice local freelancer to 'go out to a house in Eden Prairie'?

By David Brauer | Published Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:51 am

6 p.m. Saturday update: The Post still hasn't found anyone. And yes, the assignment is camping outside Brett Favre's house.

Strictly because they've relentlessly messed with the Twins, I will pass along this pleasant little Saturday karmic event involving the New York Post.

My inbox, 8:52 a.m.:
Will Minnesota freelancers have the last laugh?

I'm a reporter for the New York Post. We need a freelancer to go out to a house in Eden Prairie and interview someone today, Saturday, for a Sunday story. The pay is around $200. Please call me ASAP at 347-XXX-XXXX if you're interested.

Thanks,
Sarah Ryley

10:22: a.m.:

I'm the reporter for the Post. We already found someone for the assignment. Please no calls. thanks!

10:42 a.m.:

The other reporter backed out. If you're available, please call me.

So far, it seems no Minnesota freelancer is willing to accept 200 clams to, almost certainly, ring Brett Favre's doorbell. (Note to sexting-coverage addicts: not speaking metaphorically here.) The Post, by the way, emailed every single MinnPost reporter, which indicates true desperation.

Which Minnesota newsie will descend into the pit of slime? Will it cost more than $200? We might not be the "EZ-PASSes" the Twins are!

All I can say is, stay tuned, or check the bylines in tomorrow's NYPost.com.
Media | Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:51 am | 1 Comments 1 Comment Comment

Like what you just read? Support high-quality journalism in Minnesota by becoming a member of MinnPost.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 12:19 AM
If Bert gave even one crap about his family, he'd go home to Kiln right now.

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 12:24 AM

Thank YOU Bossman641. :D

Packerrats.

STOP Scott Campbell's HATE and Obsessions of Hatred.

Edwin Wood woodbuck27

There goes the neighborhood!

Firstly, you have never demonstrated the decorum or self discipline you so famously beat your chest for having around here. I am of the firm belief, that passers by stumble across your garbled posts ask themselves, "Do i really want to post with a self righteous, cantacerous fool that slings so much shit?"

You are not the conscience of PR. You are not the cencership board. You are not the public relations officer. You are a poster. But they way you attack posters that you disdain is the exact opposite of what you claim to be.

Many posters simply skip your posts of biblical proportions. Even if it were possible to overlook the grammatical garble (did you actually attend school?, because you must have slept through punctuation) because you need 6 pages of dribble to try and make your point. Why? Because you spend 3/4 of your post beating your chest, 1/8 beating on SC or me and 1/8 talking football.

Your man love for Favre, which you so blatantly disguise as being from "an NFL fan", is so sickeningly obvious you can't seriously expect anyone around here to buy that number? When a so called Packer fan states he wants the best team to win out of the contest with the Vikings, either way he's a winner, then I think that Packers fan has his priorities a little mixed up.

I recently read you're 64. Why don't you try and act like it for a change? And if you think it's only SC and I that find you offensive at times, go back a couple of pages on the Favre thread where two posters call you out for your conduct on this subject and call upon you to apologize to the forum for your behaviour, which you (seemingly) conveniently "overlooked". Or wander into the Garbage Can section and take a look at the thread you sabotaged about what some other posters say about you.

Nobody acknowledges you're a "wholesome man". Believe me. Anybody that such a wholesome man resorts to inults and name calling to try and intimidate another poster, I don't see that as wholesome.

Again, PR that have met me can vouch for me (and have) and what type of person I am in real life. You can't claim that.

My well meant advice to you is to keep focussed on football and stop slinging shit at SC and me, because we don't happen to agree with you. How dare you call on the forum to react to collectively against another member? Granted, I did the same once with regards to a Bear troll. Big difference.

And, you obviously missed it, but Bossman's post was a parody of you. He was being sarcastic by imitating you. In your blind arrogance you actually believed you found a supporter? Laughable.

This subject is nothing less than a football related topic. Why? Because it may have an effect of how #4 plays, if for nothing else. You might not like it, but there are some here that want to see him fail, even fall into disgrace and are taking this scandal as an early Xmas present. I am one of those posters.

Now I make a post of biblical proportions and I am not sticking to a promise to leave you be. But you're contagious. Feel free to name call all you want and sling shit at me on this thread. Oh, and don't forget to beat your chest some.

channtheman
10-10-2010, 02:23 AM
I see Woodbuck has sucked you in as well Tar. I read about 2 lines of that then saw it was book length and said "Fuck it." These long fucking posts have to stop. I don't give a shit what you post about be it for Favre, against Favre, whatever, just keep that shit under one paragraph and you're good. :lol:

But seriously...

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 03:27 AM
I see Woodbuck has sucked you in as well Tar. I read about 2 lines of that then saw it was book length and said "Fuck it." These long fucking posts have to stop. I don't give a shit what you post about be it for Favre, against Favre, whatever, just keep that shit under one paragraph and you're good. :lol:

But seriously...

Too true, Cahn. Just read the very last paragraph....

packrulz
10-10-2010, 05:57 AM

Now on to the sexting.

Ines Sainz is hotter...
http://theproducers.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ines-sainz-2.jpg

vince
10-10-2010, 06:26 AM
B-rod don't hang in locker rooms, or she'd probably have some pics too.

pack4to84
10-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Just maybe this is why Bert hasn't looked as good as last year. He knew this was going to get ugly. He starting to play like Tiger Wood's once the story broke on him. TT was trying to save your image and you just had to destroy it anyways. One more reason TT was correct in not bring you back. :lol:

Maybe some else should kick you to the curb where you belong.

denverYooper
10-10-2010, 07:16 AM

I've thought about that. It's very plausible that he did and that no one there came forward because he was the biggest fish in a small pond. In New York, he didn't have such status and there were a lot more people who didn't give a shit about his legend.

Freak Out
10-10-2010, 07:27 AM
I can fully believe he left the messages and tried to get the women into the sack.....after all he is the old gunslinger....but cockshots? Is the guy even smart enough to operate the camera phone and send the things? :lol:

I can see the guy skanking around......but the sexting is STUPID and even an old hayseed like Favre is smart enough not to do that considering how high a profile he has.

Calls yes...

Sexting is a setup by SC and his minions. :)

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 07:28 AM
In New York, he didn't have such status and there were a lot more people who didn't give a shit about his legend.

Yeah, every Giants fan! :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Calls yes...

.......and I'm bringing that douchebag DOWN!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 08:35 AM
NY Post Today:

Favre hit on me, too: masseuse

By DAN MANGAN and ANNIE KARNI

Last Updated: 8:31 AM, October 10, 2010

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/pass_interference_yHo2FH1VcxYcBGrRZqPcAO

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Either Favre has the worst career batting average ever, or some skank is going to come forward that did the dirty with him.

swede
10-10-2010, 08:42 AM
More bad news for Bert. Sterger will cooperate with the investigation. And she didn't have to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/09/sterger-will-cooperate-with-favre-investigation/

Man, she IS a Jets fan.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 08:56 AM

some adolescent trying to shock someone or some desperate old guy trying to get back to his adolescence.

Maybe 'YOU' might 'just try a little bit of HIGHER' thinking? It's an enlightening concept in terms of personality developoment. Keeping an open mind is imperitive to getting there gbgary. Not blanket assumptions that may be hardly 'the TRUTH'.

Ohh great. I just discovererd I get to watch 'the Packers @ the Redskins' on FOX. :D

This is a close matrch-up in my opinion and interesting with Rodgers leading OUR offense and it's superior passing attack by a some margin of superiority Vs is their running game up to snuff minus Clinton Portis.

A good test for our OL Vs theirs. Our DL Vs theirs.

I'm looking forward to it gbgary.

Arn't we here at Packerrats first for football and not gossip. I'm certainly different in terms of my culture but are we here at Packerrats so different when it comes to common gossip that lowers anyone who involves himself/herself in such mundane and lower manners and efforts Vs time honoring respects?

Just a thought I pass onto you Packer fan.

I'm far removed from my adolescence and alot more mature and forward thinking in my ideal approach to living than some others here at Packerrats.

It's not who's right man. It's about what's right. It's about ideals and comportment. It's about growth and decisions made to support HIGHER thinking and nwhat's best not what's worse.

:)

GO Packers !

packerbacker1234
10-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Still don't think he's getting suspended this season. All indications point to the NFL case not getting concluded until sometime after the 2010 season, which in this case just adds more fuel to the fire that "this is the last season" for #4.

He already stated so himself, and while Minnesota could sign a deal with Moss and try to entice favre for one more try, Favre may be facing some sort of suspension now that Sterger is cooperating with the investigation which would naturally lead to #4 most likely not returning, even if he thinks he would be healthier late int he season with additional time off.

It is pretty funny that it may have taken some sexting to make #4 stay retired.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Happy Birthday Brett Lorenzo Favre! He's 41 years old today.

And a very special happy birthday to Lil Lorenzo! :lol:

vince
10-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah, that's funny stuff. :roll:

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Still don't think he's getting suspended this season. All indications point to the NFL case not getting concluded until sometime after the 2010 season, which in this case just adds more fuel to the fire that "this is the last season" for #4.

He already stated so himself, and while Minnesota could sign a deal with Moss and try to entice favre for one more try, Favre may be facing some sort of suspension now that Sterger is cooperating with the investigation which would naturally lead to #4 most likely not returning, even if he thinks he would be healthier late int he season with additional time off.

The guy could win the Superbowl now and it won't matter. He'll always be remembered the way Jenn described him - a "creepy douche".

Joemailman
10-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Yeah, I'm sure his wife and kids just can't stop laughing.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:10 AM
More preemptive calls for the NFL to stop ducking the issue.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/10/09/2010-10-09_brett_favre_will_get_off_easy_during_nfl_pregam e_shows_sunday_over_jenn_sterger_.html

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 09:14 AM

Nope ! :)

It's going to come down to her having to file a Civil Lawsuit of workplace harassment or she holds on that as a no win position and it becomes a 'she says Vs he says', situation.

In that scenario. Favre the accused trumps over her. That is just life. The way life is packerbacker1234.

Favre will watch this with some stress, but the support he'll get with calmer minds, and good legal and valued friends and acquaintance advice, will support him and any stress. Favre has to, and will as he's always done, concentrate on supporting his primary reason for playing football, and how that's connected to his ideal goal or helping the Minnesota Vikings advance as a team, over their close loss to the Saints and missed opportunity to win ' a Super Bowl' in the 2009 season.

This next four game stretch for that team will be interesting to observe. That starts with MNF and Vikings @ JETS. The TV audience will be huge ! I'll be watching it at Malarky's Irish Pub in Morrisville , Vermont. A nice sports bar . Watching it with 'my Lady'. The Vikings are undewrdogs but Favre seems to thrive under adversityy and the sort of stree he has to be feeling this week. We'll see that man do his best. He's overall never let this NFL and Packer fan down.

It's certainly not my place as a human being to judge him or otherwise treat 'the real victims ... his loved one's' with anything less than my best respect. My heart goes out to Fare's wife and children and his family and close friends.

Re: Favre and 2010 season:

Favre will play out the schedule as he's able. He has more concerns that some garbage smut drummed up by a website such as Deadspin. The NFL must investigate this rumor and not treat Brett Favre any different than any other NFL player, who may or may not have, 'in fact' violated the NFL ethical and morals clause. That investigation will only lead to Favre and punishment as this BS drags out to a conclusion that determines positively that Favre was negligent.

How can that be proved in a civil case?

It will be at most...'a she says..he says' because 'any Civil suit ' opens up a can of worms that only will allow ' the Favre team ' power that her team won't trump. That is my position Re: the story. A story riddled with holes that any decent legal team will destroy.

It's all to me or my analysis, just that simple and thus ' a NO STORY ' as far as this Packer site will eventually arrive at or see. We are going to 'only' learn from this experience and grow as better people because of this experience. I believe in that position as a member here. I only support the better way. What is right not less. :)

Enjoy the early game on FOX packerbacker1234. Packers @ Redskins. Hope you get that where you live Packer fan. I'm in Vermont today and cooking a traditional Canadian Thansgiving turkey supper for three women and 'myn lovely Lady'. Haahoo ! :D

:lol: It's agreat day here. Sunny and clear blue sky's. Nice all around.

GO ! Pack GO !!

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Andrew Brandt's site is talking about it now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Childress-addresses-FavreSterger-issue.html

I like how Chilly says that it won't be a distraction. How weird is it for your coach to get up in front of his 52 teammates and tell them that Bert's been accused of sending cockshots to some pretty little girl he saw on the sideline.

I'd have busted out laughing if I were T-Jack.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:18 AM
How'd I miss that? The Journal Sentinel ran with it:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/104588974.html

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.yogadork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

Here's an excerpt with some solid advice from the female perspective:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/487266-brett-favre-jenn-sterger-latest-from-sext-scandal-and-possible-fallout/entry/15978-brett-favre-jenn-sterger-a-message-to-favre-and-other-lustful-men

4. I DO NOT Want to See a Picture of Your Penis! You know how you love to look at pictures of women's breasts and other body parts?

Yeah. Well, we don't know that feeling. I know that most men have very special relationships with their junk, but I don't want a picture of Little Brett. You will be hard pressed to find a woman who loves to keep penis pictures in her phone for her own personal enjoyment...unless they're for comedic purposes.

Sorry to burst you bubble on this one, guys, but it's true. Don't send the penis pictures. They make us uncomfortable.

Joemailman
10-10-2010, 09:25 AM
When a coach says a story like this will not be a distraction, that pretty much means ir already is.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Yeah, I'm sure his wife and kids just can't stop laughing.

Yup ! The real victims here. Favre's Family and loved one's. What a shame.

There is where our respect should lie as members of this Packer fan site. Not on the gossip and smut reporting of a site such as Deadsspin is. As Packerrats we should take a higher position. Leave our concerns RE: Favre and the Vikings on the field of play. Take 'the higher road.

I believe Packerats will eventual;ly go 'just' there. That we'll forgo hate for what football is all about. Beating the Vikings on the field. Not looking for any easy way to defeat them.

We need to see our team beat their best team and to measure exactly wher we stand as an organizatioin and any ideal to winning a Super Bowl.

We need Good Karma and all that can return to us at Packerats that a real reward. Hatred only supports BAD or DARK Karma and we then fall to faiure because of our selected course.

TRUST me . TRUST that. (I havn't lived my life as I have to know otherwise.

GO PACK GO!

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Wow! Coverage on Good Morning America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FwgGWy7JtU

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.yogadork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

Here's an excerpt with some solid advice from the female perspective:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/487266-brett-favre-jenn-sterger-latest-from-sext-scandal-and-possible-fallout/entry/15978-brett-favre-jenn-sterger-a-message-to-favre-and-other-lustful-men

4. I DO NOT Want to See a Picture of Your Penis! You know how you love to look at pictures of women's breasts and other body parts?

Yeah. Well, we don't know that feeling. I know that most men have very special relationships with their junk, but I don't want a picture of Little Brett. You will be hard pressed to find a woman who loves to keep penis pictures in her phone for her own personal enjoyment...unless they're for comedic purposes.

Sorry to burst you bubble on this one, guys, but it's true. Don't send the penis pictures. They make us uncomfortable.

Evidently this woman then is an exception to what you clain is TRUTH Scott Campbell. She not only kept any purported pic's of Favre she used them in entertaing her associate friends. This woman is digging herself into a deep grave IMO best analysis and honest opinion Scott Campbell specifically in all the reasoned evidence available to us and this story.

It's just 'a story' Scott Campbell. One that has no value and certainly below this Packer site in terms of what Packerrats needs to achieve as a respecte and frowing NFL fasn site. That is one of my main goals as a member here. To achieve that ideal. Make Packerrats 'the best' fam site on the NET. Not support behaviours that lead to less Scott Campbell.

She'll smarten up real quick or get led down the garden path the way you lead Packerrats down the garden path Scott Campbell.

I'm disappointed in you as a person and certainly as a man Scott Campbell.I would have imagined you had reached a more mature and responsible position in your life.

I'm sure now I was mistaken. That's sad for me Scott Campbell. :idea:

GO PACK GO !!

Tony Oday
10-10-2010, 09:35 AM
He should be suspended if Big Ben was. I have known for a long time that Favre was like this as all of us did who followed his career...but before he was better at being discrete.

And just a thought, think maybe the NFL is a little ticked about the Vikings circumventing them with the Williams Cheaters? This would be a way to get back at the team...

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I remember when people used to speculate about Bert's life after football. Maybe commentary. Maybe a high school coach.

Fat chance given the present circumstances.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:38 AM
He should be suspended if Big Ben was. I have known for a long time that Favre was like this as all of us did who followed his career...but before he was better at being discrete.

And just a thought, think maybe the NFL is a little ticked about the Vikings circumventing them with the Williams Cheaters? This would be a way to get back at the team...

That's an angle I hadn't considered.

pbmax
10-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Woodbuck, I actually found this statement of yours quite admirable.

It's not who's right man. It's about what's right. It's about ideals and comportment. It's about growth and decisions made to support HIGHER thinking and nwhat's best not what's worse.

But then you come back with this one.

in that scenario. Favre the accused trumps over her. That is just life. The way life is packerbacker1234.

How can these two statements be reconciled? If it really is about what is right, is it right that Favre should triumph due to greater recognition?

For someone who loves the TRUTH, shouldn't there be some interest on your part to discern both fact and truth from this event?

Otherwise, I am tempted to tell people who find this kind of topic and coverage lamentable that Scott Campbell and Deadspin are just life. And that is the way life is.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Happy Birthday Brett Lorenzo Favre! He's 41 years old today.

And a very special happy birthday to Lil Lorenzo! :lol:

That's nice Scott.

Prediction:

Gee! ... a day after Favre's birthday we read a headline that informs us NFL fans of his 500th TD pass. Pretty decent for a 41 year old NFL QB. No better than that. :D

FOX has as an early game today. Packers @ Redskins. Should be a good one Scott.

GO PACKERS!

ThunderDan
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM

GO Packers !

So if that is your standard and you are defending BF .... It is "RIGHT" to send pictures of your penis to someone who isn't your girlfriend while married to someone else.

Scott Campbell
News has even reached Salt Lake City.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/50442037-77/favre-deadspin-jets-sterger.html.csp

A.J. Daulerio, Deadspin’s editor in chief, declined to reveal the source of the material. He did say the source of the photos contacted him and that Deadspin paid “more than we ever have” for them.

So Deadspin paid through the nose for the photos. And then carefully set Bert up for his game with the Jets. Think they played all their cards on Thursday and Friday, or do they still have an Ace or two up their sleeves prior to Monday's kickoff?

packerbacker1234
Heh, teh fact favre cheats isn't even surprising to me. It was in his wife's autobiography, and it wouldn't surprise me if such events were happening with his time in GB the last decade. He was here a long time, a legend walking among other packer players, and I am sure he was use to just "throwing his name around" and getting what he wanted in this state.

He tried the same moves in New York, and it didn't work out like he is use too, and while it doesn't appear anyone is going to be pressing legal charges for whatever reason (as in, they aren't really as offended as people think, Christ, Sterger is a former Maxim and Playboy model... better question is what guy ISN'T trying to get in her pants). She's prolly seen much worse advances than old #4 did. What I find more interesting is how a person who WORKS for the jets (and still works for the jets) is implicated as being the mediator. That is something that simply should not happen. Let Favre get women on his own.

Not sure this is going to overly taint his legacy. It's not like OJ Simpson and crap where he is out there killing people and hopped up on drugs. He's a womanizer who is married, and at least two other times in the past issues with women came up and Favre wouldn't let his wife go, even though she wanted too (as in, he did everything he could to beg her not leave). If he had just let her leave him, no one would even care too much, outside of the fact that a jets rep initiated the whole thing.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:56 AM
So if that is your standard and you are defending BF .... It is "RIGHT" to send pictures of your penis to someone who isn't your girlfriend while married to someone else.

And what's so wrong with that? You make it sound so dirty.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Not sure this is going to overly taint his legacy. It's not like OJ Simpson and crap where he is out there killing people and hopped up on drugs.

If it's not going to taint his legacy, then why are you comparing him with OJ?

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:05 AM
If it really is about what is right, is it right that Favre should triumph due to greater recognition?

That is the logic of the enablers. These are the people that supposedly loved Bert. I consider them partially responsible for this train wreck.

And when he's left all alone to rot in his retirement, they'll be off to anoint their next victim. Their next here to worship.

red
10-10-2010, 10:10 AM
mort just said he expects this to move very fast and maybe within 4 or 5 weeks he thinks favre could be suspended ending the streak. and depending on the timing he could be suspended for the rest of the season. ending his career by being suspended

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 10:11 AM

That will be up to the NFL committee appointed to investigate and deem his guilt or not. As mere fans why can you 'in terms of your humanity'deem him guilty based on the story as wealready know it? As a human being are you perfect. Do you live have you lived a perfect moral and ethical life? Can you claim that in YOU Tony Oday?

I can't. I understand as humans we error. In that respect I don't judge any man as guilty before any formal hearing of the facts.

If Favre is deemed guilty he needs to be punished. That won't come to pass as it is today. Thus noone is correct till that TRUTH of his actual guilt is determined Packer fan.

Just some support for you Re: basic decency in terms of Favre's rights Tony Oday.

Tony. Enjoy Packers @ Redskins today on FOX if you can get that game on your TV. :)

GO PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I just read this:

Chris Mortensen just reported the investigation will be fast-tracked...and Favre could be serving a suspension to end the season.....

Can anyone confirm it?

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:16 AM
mort just said he expects this to move very fast and maybe within 4 or 5 weeks he thinks favre could be suspended ending the streak. and depending on the timing he could be suspended for the rest of the season. ending his career by being suspended

Be still my heart. :lol:

red
10-10-2010, 10:16 AM
I just read this:

Chris Mortensen just reported the investigation will be fast-tracked...and Favre could be serving a suspension to end the season.....

Can anyone confirm it?

yeah i just posted that

he said it to kick off nfl coutdown

gbgary
10-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Maybe 'YOU' might 'just try a little bit of HIGHER' thinking? It's an enlightening concept in terms of personality developoment. Keeping an open mind is imperitive to getting there gbgary. Not blanket assumptions that may be hardly 'the TRUTH'.

Ohh great. I just discovererd I get to watch 'the Packers @ the Redskins' on FOX. :D

This is a close matrch-up in my opinion and interesting with Rodgers leading OUR offense and it's superior passing attack by a some margin of superiority Vs is their running game up to snuff minus Clinton Portis.

A good test for our OL Vs theirs. Our DL Vs theirs.

I'm looking forward to it gbgary.

Arn't we here at Packerrats first for football and not gossip. I'm certainly different in terms of my culture but are we here at Packerrats so different when it comes to common gossip that lowers anyone who involves himself/herself in such mundane and lower manners and efforts Vs time honoring respects?

Just a thought I pass onto you Packer fan.

I'm far removed from my adolescence and alot more mature and forward thinking in my ideal approach to living than some others here at Packerrats.

GO Packers !

tony asked...i speculated. talking football is fine...in a football thread. as i've said before it's all about the Packers for me. whether or not it's true isn't as important as it causing the vikings to go down in flames...and quickly. the truth will come out in the end and it'll be up to everyone to decide what to do with it.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I remember when people used to speculate about Bert's life after football. Maybe commentary. Maybe a high school coach.

Fat chance given the present circumstances.

You make abasic error in terms of a weakness in you Scott.

You judge Favre before his constitutional right to be deemed innoscent prior to any hearing or otherwise that finds for 'his guilt. Come on Scott. Smarten up please. I believe you can and will getr there. Use basic decency and common sense Scott.

GROW! :) Make me proud of you as a man that can learn or mature. I care about you Scott. Be stronger in what's absolutely best or take the higher road Scott.

It's a wonderful place to be. :D

GO PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:18 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/mort-favre-case-on-a-fast-track/

Shouldn't pose any problem at all for Bert.

If he's innocent. :lol:

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 10:19 AM
If I'm Deanna, I try and settle the divorce before they settle on potential damages with alleged victims. Otherwise, the pie might get a little small! 8-)

falco
10-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I thought Favre's INT in the NFC championship game was a gift from the gods... but apparently it was just a teaser!!!

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:22 AM
If I'm Deanna, I try and settle the divorce before they settle on potential damages with alleged victims. Otherwise, the pie might get a little small! 8-)

I think damages are tiny. Except to Bert's image.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Look at the poll numbers from this thread. I wonder if they'd change now.

falco
10-10-2010, 10:23 AM

And then his legacy becomes "he was the iron man QB whose streak could only be ended by a suspension for his lewd and disgusting behavior!"

:P :P :P

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I care about you Scott.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Bwahhahhhahahaahahahahahahaahahhahhahah!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug:

LP
Anybody wonder if Aaron Rodgers has had a nice, quiet, personal little chuckle over this? He doesn't seem to have any trouble stepping out with the hotties, and I doubt he deems it necessary to send pictures to try and help things along.

Scott Campbell
I'm the guy who voted that he'd retire after the Jets game if anyone was wondering.

mmmdk
I thought Favre's INT in the NFC championship game was a gift from the gods... but apparently it was just a teaser!!!

...I hear that Lorenzo texts his teasers!

Tony Oday
10-10-2010, 10:27 AM

That will be up to the NFL committee appointed to investigate and deem his guilt or not. As mere fans why can you 'in terms of your humanity'deem him guilty based on the story as wealready know it? As a human being are you perfect. Do you live have you lived a perfect moral and ethical life? Can you claim that in YOU Tony Oday?

I can't. I understand as humans we error. In that respect I don't judge any man as guilty before any formal hearing of the facts.

If Favre is deemed guilty he needs to be punished. That won't come to pass as it is today. Thus noone is correct till that TRUTH of his actual guilt is determined Packer fan.

Just some support for you Re: basic decency in terms of Favre's rights Tony Oday.

Tony. Enjoy Packers @ Redskins today on FOX if you can get that game on your TV. :)

GO PACKERS!

BIG BEN WAS NEVER PROVEN GUILTY!!!

Does anyone NOT see this? WTF...There is PROOF that Favre did this...

I get NFL Ticket I get all the games.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Calls yes...

.......and I'm bringing that douchebag DOWN!!!!!!!!! :lol:Really bringing him down? I understand you want to spread the word but your obsession over the matter and the man himself is kinda scary. For as much as woody loves him you equally are absorbed in your own little way. Let's have fun with this SC but slow your roll on the gossip gurl behavior less we tag you with the diva title also. The old man wanted to get his dick wet, not like he touched kids or anything. I gotta agree with Freak would he really be stupid enough to think he could get away with sending shots like that to a chick he wasnt even banging? Bold if he did that for sure.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Calls yes...

.......and I'm bringing that douchebag DOWN!!!!!!!!! :lol:Really bringing him down? I understand you want to spread the word but your obsession over the matter and the man himself is kinda scary. For as much as woody loves him you equally are absorbed in your own little way. Let's have fun with this SC but slow your roll on the gossip gurl behavior less we tag you with the diva title also. The old man wanted to get his dick wet, not like he touched kids or anything. I gotta agree with Freak would he really be stupid enough to think he could get away with sending shots like that to a chick he wasnt even banging? Bold if he did that for sure.

If you want to make this about my personality, that's your perrogative. But I've been right about this (to this point) from the very beginning. And you haven't.

I make no apologies for disliking the scumbag. Or the Vikings.

Packgator
10-10-2010, 10:45 AM

I've thought about that. It's very plausible that he did and that no one there came forward because he was the biggest fish in a small pond. In New York, he didn't have such status and there were a lot more people who didn't give a shit about his legend.

Wonder if he lived in a hotel for the entire season. If so....he may have been alone more often. Wife coming and going.....maybe flying in for home game weekends. In Green Bay he had the wife living there with him.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 10:52 AM
If you want to make this about my personality, that's your perrogative. But I've been right about this (to this point) from the very beginning. And you haven't.

I make no apologies for disliking the scumbag. Or the Vikings.Not saying this is your personality but maybe you are. Just crazy how you havent been off this site since the news broke. Have you at least taken a shower the last few days? :lol:

No one is asking you to apolgigize. I think this is very interesting and how it plays out is major news. You have been right and I have been wrong? Where did I say he didnt do it? Dont mix me up with Woody. I said oh well if he did. If it makes you feel smarter or more honorable to claim that then have it. My post say what they say. I guess if saying "I told you so" like a 3rd grader make you feel better then handle it. Im just here to talk about shit with my PackerRats homies, being right or wrong doesn't mean much.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Not saying this is your personality but maybe you are. Just crazy how you havent been off this site since the news broke. Have you at least taken a shower the last few days? :lol:

Sorry, but you wanting to make this thread about me rather than Favre makes you a troll no better than him.

Why don't you start a Scott Campbell Needs A Shower thread rather than crapping in this one?

MadtownPacker
Wonder if he lived in a hotel for the entire season. If so....he may have been alone more often. Wife coming and going.....maybe flying in for home game weekends. In Green Bay he had the wife living there with him.Thats something I wonder too. Was she living with him? If not I guess it dont take a dirty old man, (especially a white one) long to get a putang deficiency going. Shit, Im in my 30s and going more than 2 or 3 days is a killer.

gbgary
scott's providing a valuable service. i haven't had to scower the internet looking for new and links. i just come here...scott's done it for me. thanks scott.

btw...i can't smell you from here so you can wait till later to take a shower.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:00 AM
scott's providing a valuable service. i haven't had to scower the internet looking for new and links. i just come here...scott's done it for me. thanks scott.

btw...i can't smell you from here so you can wait till later to take a shower.

Thanks gary. :lol:

I imagine this thread makes for very difficult reading for some. But don't shoot the messenger - just because he's got a huge grin on his face.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Sorry, but you wanting to make this thread about me rather than Favre makes you a troll no better than him.

Why don't you start a Scott Campbell Needs A Shower thread rather than crapping in this one?Troll? Stupidest post of the week by you IMO but thats just IMO. For you to call me that is pretty fucked up all things considered. As low as you have gone during the years I dont recall saying you where a troll. A bitch ass white boy, yeah probably but a troll is someone unworthy of posting if you ask me. I dont think I fit that criteria. But if you prefer I dont comment on this thread I will leave the thread to your highness, the knower of all that is saintly on this Earth.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:07 AM

Why don't you start a Scott Campbell Needs A Shower thread rather than crapping in this one?Troll? Stupidest post of the week by you IMO but thats just IMO. For you to call me that is pretty fucked up all things considered. As low as you have gone during the years I dont recall saying you where a troll. A bitch ass white boy, yeah probably but a troll is someone unworthy of posting if you ask me. I dont think I fit that criteria. But if you prefer I dont comment on this thread I will leave the thread to your highness, the knower of all that is saintly on this Earth.

I have no problem with you commenting about the subject of this thread. I have a problem with you taking personal potshots at me and thread crapping.

You are out of line.

3irty1
10-10-2010, 11:11 AM
In one of the shittiest news weeks for Packer fans in recent memory, this story is the only thing that some of us can take enjoyment in. Thank you Scott Campbell for putting all the smile inducing weiner-picture-gate stories in one convenient place.

Since leaving Green Bay this guy has shit all over his image. He was a God here, now he's a creepy douche.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Since leaving Green Bay this guy has shit all over his image.

Before any of that, he shit on the Packers.

And do I carry a grudge? Hell yeah.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I have no problem with you commenting about the subject of this thread. I have a problem with you taking personal potshots at me and thread crapping.

You are out of line.Exactly who the fuck are you to determine who is out of line?? When I actually was the person who would determine that I always let it go. Obviously you would not have been so lenient. You and bossman had at woody all day yesterday and while he deserved it it doesnt make you any more right. Now you cant even take a lil spoonful of the medicine you always dish out? You really are the wimp I imagined when you declined my invites to the PR Poster games.

Im not out of line, I can do what the fuck I want, and you cant do shit about it. Now we are equal!

For the record if BF wants to fuck some hoes, well maybe he should of thought of his family first. That is my only issue if he did do this. If it was ARod I wouldn't have one problem with it cuz he is a single man. What the hell is the fun of being a NFL star if you cant do whatever the hell you want? The NFL is a joke to come down on players for moral reasons considering you cant even let a kid watch one NFL game commercial without hearing about erectile dysfunction. Save the bullshit commish!

vince
10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Since leaving Green Bay this guy has shit all over his image.

Before any of that, he shit on the Packers.

And do I carry a grudge? Hell yeah.
:bclap:

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Happy birthday Bert!

3irty1
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Either Favre has the worst career batting average ever, or some skank is going to come forward that did the dirty with him.

This. When employing the bold pickup strategy equivalent to cold-calling, I'd expect a low conversion rate. That said it must have worked a few times right? Maybe the women who give the massages for the Vikings are more cooperative. Ha, who am I kidding, there are no happy endings in Vikings football!

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:24 AM
STOP SAYIN BAD STUFF ABOUT MY BERT!!!!!!

:lol:Wow, you are brilliant. I said what I thought about your post. I didnt make fake quotes. Edit that shit and dont do it again or I will request you get a suspension of your own.

denverYooper
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Except it probably violates some Minnesota labor law, so they'll string it out until after he retires :).

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I can do what the fuck I want, and you cant do shit about it.

Can I make you cry to Mom? :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Madtown is thread crapping, And now he's threatening to have me banned via PM.

I just want to deliver the news and be free of his creepy obsession with me. Maybe he's hell bent on killing this thread - like the other one got killed.

Tony Oday
10-10-2010, 11:36 AM

cant you two take this whos got the bigger one to pms or the garbage can please? I know there are people who dont like each others' points here but c'mon.

This is really starting to blow up even Glazer is talking about it and I do see a suspension coming and Glazer said its instant then can be appealed not like the drug policy.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:37 AM

cant you two take this whos got the bigger one to pms or the garbage can please? I know there are people who dont like each others' points here but c'mon.

This is really starting to blow up even Glazer is talking about it and I do see a suspension coming and Glazer said its instant then can be appealed not like the drug policy.

Sorry. I'll do my part to keep it on subject.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Madtown is thread crapping, And now he's threatening to have me banned via PM.

I just want to deliver the news and be free of his creepy obsession with me. Maybe he's hell bent on killing this thread - like the other one got killed.I aint fucking with this bitch anymore but dont be making up shit you sorry Mfer. I said test me. So go ahead and find out what it means. Banning will be the least of your concerns.

Bossman641
10-10-2010, 11:42 AM
SC is like the Ed Werder of PackerRats except instead of around the clock news on retirement he provides around the clock news on Favre's lil Brett.

Thanks Scott

Scott Campbell
10-10-2010, 11:47 AM
SC is like the Ed Werder of PackerRats except instead of around the clock news on retirement he provides around the clock news on Favre's lil Brett.

Thanks Scott

My pleasure.

It's nice to see that at least some of you appreciate it. Though it appears that my time here may be coming to a close based on the threat I've received.

Fritz
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM

You are out of line.Exactly who the fuck are you to determine who is out of line?? When I actually was the person who would determine that I always let it go. Obviously you would not have been so lenient. You and bossman had at woody all day yesterday and while he deserved it it doesnt make you any more right. Now you cant even take a lil spoonful of the medicine you always dish out? You really are the wimp I imagined when you declined my invites to the PR Poster games.

Im not out of line, I can do what the fuck I want, and you cant do shit about it. Now we are equal!

For the record if BF wants to fuck some hoes, well maybe he should of thought of his family first. That is my only issue if he did do this. If it was ARod I wouldn't have one problem with it cuz he is a single man. What the hell is the fun of being a NFL star if you cant do whatever the hell you want? The NFL is a joke to come down on players for moral reasons considering you cant even let a kid watch one NFL game commercial without hearing about erectile dysfunction. Save the bullshit commish!

I absolutely think Mad hit it on the head here. The NFL is filled with hyposcrisy. It pretends to care how its players behave but it uses women as objects to sell interest in the game (Jenn Sterger...was she hired for her expertise and only her expertise? Can we have a female John Madden doing some commentary?).

If Favre wants to be so stupid as to try to cheat on his wife by sending cockshots of himself (or is it "crocshots"?) that are nearly bound to get out, well, so be it. Don't try to be all high and mighty about it, NFL. He's not breaking any laws and he's not wcheating the game by using steroids.

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Calls yes...

Hi Mad.

How about this? What we have to date will not determine Favre and guilt.

I believe you know this is 'the TRUTH' in this sensational story.
Peope wanting him to be guilty has ' dick all to do with ' the TRUTH of Favre's guilt.

Therein lies ' the obsession and the hatred ' all rolled into one real TRUTH, that exists today in our Packer home in terms of this ' just a story ' that will not convict Favre.

In my view to even imagine that result is amazing to me. Dear gaud what's happening in this place?

hahaaha. :lol: I have to laugh at it as it's just over the top nuts, Mad !!

Packerrats deserves better Mad but not for awhile, I sense. We have to endure the gossip birds before we arrive at common sense in terms of being strong and sensable. :D

GO PACKERS !

Packgator
10-10-2010, 11:51 AM

This. When employing the bold pickup strategy equivalent to cold-calling, I'd expect a low conversion rate. That said it must have worked a few times right? Maybe the women who give the massages for the Vikings are more cooperative. Ha, who am I kidding, there are no happy endings in Vikings football!

Could be he wanted to play for the Vikings because of things like "the love boat". And all this time we thought it was to get back at the Packers....

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:57 AM
It's nice to see that at least some of you appreciate it. Though it appears that my time here may be coming to a close based on the threat I've received.Dont be a little bitch. Fight fair and I will do the same. That mean dont fucking quote me saying something I didnt. Play dirty and so will I. There's a match up you wont ever win pimp so fly straight.

mraynrand
10-10-2010, 11:59 AM
If Favre wants to be so stupid as to try to cheat on his wife by sending cockshots of himself (or is it "crocshots"?) that are nearly bound to get out, well, so be it. Don't try to be all high and mighty about it, NFL. He's not breaking any laws and he's not wcheating the game by using steroids.

True, unless it actually did cross the line into harassment. Somehow, I doubt it. Favre is a pretty likable guy in person. I'm betting there are lots of young ladies who like his attentions. Doesn't make him much less slimy, but there may be nothing much here other than unsavory infidelity.

Tony Oday
10-10-2010, 12:02 PM

True, unless it actually did cross the line into harassment. Somehow, I doubt it. Favre is a pretty likable guy in person. I'm betting there are lots of young ladies who like his attentions. Doesn't make him much less slimy, but there may be nothing much here other than unsavory infidelity.

BUT YOU ALL EVISCERATED BIG BEN FOR CONSENSUAL SEX!!!

That is what bugs me about this whole thing...I dont care if he is trying to pimp his old balls out to smoking hot ladies that is a right in the Bill of Rights of old Millionaires! HOT YOU LADIES...but treat everyone the same.

Fritz
10-10-2010, 12:03 PM
And I think this is what the league must be trying to determine. Is it sexual harrassment or is it stupidity?

mraynrand
10-10-2010, 12:07 PM

That is what bugs me about this whole thing...I dont care if he is trying to pimp his old balls out to smoking hot ladies that is a right in the Bill of Rights of old Millionaires! HOT YOU LADIES...but treat everyone the same.

I don't think I posted anything about BR. BUT wasn't there some controversy about whether it was consensual?

FYI, In our society, there are still some who find whoring objectionable.

pasquale
10-10-2010, 03:47 PM
DERP DERP DERP DERP

http://s3.media.squarespace.com/production/514611/5896686/_5kHzg7gfPWI/SyEA-qWF41I/AAAAAAAABLg/GjjM_CLnrB8/s400/derp_derp_derp.jpg

pbmax
10-10-2010, 04:14 PM

There is only a conflict here if people agree with you that Ben was engaged in consensual sex. I doubt that agreement exists.

3irty1
10-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Looks like this thread is all I've got for at least another week.

mraynrand
10-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I blame Scott Campbell for today's loss. All the negative Karma from his Schadenfreude over Favre's debacle landed on the Packers in D.C. I also blame Ziggy because she was there and could have done something!

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 05:37 PM
All this dwelling on the negative nanny Favre and Moss stuff clearly has the Karma gods pissed; we're hosed :lol:

3irty1
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Not going to stop me from drowning my week in this thread. Sometimes its the little things. Scott my week is in your hands.

pasquale
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Not going to stop me from drowning my week in this thread. Sometimes its the little things. Scott my week is in your hands.

and in this case...favre's little thing

imscott72
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
The Vikings control our week now. A humiliating loss to the Jets would make things feel so much better. If they get a big win on the road after all the drama this week, it's going to double the pain.

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
The Vikings control our week now. A humiliating loss to the Jets would make things feel so much better. If they get a big win on the road after all the drama this week, it's going to double the pain.

Either way Da Bears are in first place