PDA

View Full Version : Players & coaches ticked on no Lynch trade

digitaldean
10-10-2010, 10:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/packers-players-coaches-scouts-upset-over-failure-to-trade-for-lynch/

Though Florio's site can lean more toward rumor than fact, this one is a little of an eye opener.

Players, scouts and coaches with the Packers (per Mort from ESPN) are ticked TT didn't get the deal done for Marshawn Lynch.

If the lack of a running game is what keeps us out of a deep playoff run, then I think this could be big. But I think the thing that may most hinder the Packers is the amount of injuries and the inability to overcome them.

Thoughts?

gbgary
10-10-2010, 10:53 AM
along with thousands of fans. :roll: maybe next year.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I really didnt think Lynch was the problem solver anyways unless he plays LB also.

ThunderDan
10-10-2010, 11:08 AM
I really didnt think Lynch was the problem solver anyways unless he plays LB also.

I was watching ESPN about the trade and the M Lynch highlights they showed were from when he was at Cal. I thought to myself... they couldn't find any NFL highlights that were worthwhile?

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
No doubt he has some talent, but he has a lot of baggage, too.

Chances are the Seattle 3rd is worth more than the Packer 3rd. So you're looking at a Packer 3rd plus 6th at the least or a >Packer 2nd.

I'm with TT on this one, too.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:21 AM

I was watching ESPN about the trade and the M Lynch highlights they showed were from when he was at Cal. I thought to myself... they couldn't find any NFL highlights that were worthwhile?Thats kinda my line of thinking. This guy has been on a team with shitty QBs since he was drafted and I dont recall one Sunday where ESPN/FOX/CBS shit even twitter talked about him running all over some team.

imscott72
10-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm ok not making this trade. Now if we somehow got DeAngelo Williams I'd probably piss my pants, but that prob won't happen either.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm ok not making this trade. Now if we somehow got DeAngelo Williams I'd probably piss my pants, but that prob won't happen either.Is he wanting to get traded?

Cheesehead Craig
10-10-2010, 11:32 AM

I was watching ESPN about the trade and the M Lynch highlights they showed were from when he was at Cal. I thought to myself... they couldn't find any NFL highlights that were worthwhile?Thats kinda my line of thinking. This guy has been on a team with shitty QBs since he was drafted and I dont recall one Sunday where ESPN/FOX/CBS shit even twitter talked about him running all over some team.

Same here. It's not like Lynch has been some 1400 yd/season back catching 50+ passes or something like that. I just don't see the love affair that goes on with this guy. Maybe he'll prove me wrong in Seattle. We'll see.

Cheesehead Craig
10-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm ok not making this trade. Now if we somehow got DeAngelo Williams I'd probably piss my pants, but that prob won't happen either.Is he wanting to get traded?
Rumor is that Car might ship him, but they are going to wait as long as possible until the trade deadline to see how these next 2 weeks go for them.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Rumor is that the team might ship him, but they are going to wait as long as possible until the trade deadline to see how these next 2 weeks go for them.Shit, he is he guy that would be worth trading something of worth. All we hear is how he puts up yardage but his team still loses. The kinda guy that would appreciate a change of scenery.

red
10-10-2010, 11:49 AM
deangelo is going to cost at least a 1st. no way would ted do that

Tony Oday
10-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Glazer and Long said on the pre game that there were GMs across the NFL that called buffalo saying they would have offered more...

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Lynch is junk and TT is right; it's not like the guy ever made the Pro Bowl or anything :lol:

Strahan was funny; he said GB needs a RB like he needs a middle tooth. Then proclaimed "Make the Trade".

The Leaper
10-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm fine with TT not making the move if he seriously thinks he may have a chance at DeAngelo later. However, that is a CHEAP price for Lynch.

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm fine with TT not making the move if he seriously thinks he may have a chance at DeAngelo later. However, that is a CHEAP price for Lynch.

you think that is why we passed ?

ND72
10-10-2010, 01:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/packers-players-coaches-scouts-upset-over-failure-to-trade-for-lynch/

Though Florio's site can lean more toward rumor than fact, this one is a little of an eye opener.

Players, scouts and coaches with the Packers (per Mort from ESPN) are ticked TT didn't get the deal done for Marshawn Lynch.

If the lack of a running game is what keeps us out of a deep playoff run, then I think this could be big. But I think the thing that may most hinder the Packers is the amount of injuries and the inability to overcome them.

Thoughts?

Packer radio this morning said that is a false report by Mort. Benard reported that Mort's "contact" was a GB Press-Gazette sports blogger, not even a player, or coach, or scout, or even sports writer.

The Leaper
10-10-2010, 01:23 PM
you think that is why we passed ?

Not really...but if Thompson did pass because he feels he has a chance at DeAngelo, then I'm OK not grabbing Lynch.

If Thompson just decided to not consider Lynch much at all, that is a mistake.

gbgary
10-10-2010, 01:38 PM
deangelo is going to cost at least a 1st. no way would ted do that

why not? what first round pick next year would contribute as much as freaking deangelo williams would?