PDA

View Full Version : Packers:(

b bulldog
10-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Rodgers is turning into Favre, throwing bad picks, thinking he can make every throw. MM had some success running the ball but he never gives it a chance, ST's still SUCK!!!!!! TT is afraid to make a deal to make his team better and wouldn't one UFA signing or trade for a difference maker look good now. 21 makes some plays but he makes critical mistakes at crucial times and struggles in one on one coverage. 88 needs to show me he can stay healthy for one entire season before he toots his horn anymore and this team lacks total discipline. The 2010 Packerts are severely overrated!

Fritz
10-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I think MM's attempt to push Rodgers into taking more chances in order to make big plays is not paying off.

I also agree about the lack of a running game. But MM didn't call for it today. WTF?

And the penalties...will it ever end?

I'm beginning to doubt whether MM is the right guy.

vince
10-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Packers were 2 of 13 on 3rd/4th down conversions. Terrible.

PackerTimer
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm not willing to throw in the towel yet. But we need to get some players back. We were without 7 starters today. There aren't a lot of teams that can survive losing 7 starters. I hate to use injuries as an excuse but if we keep just Finley and Matthews in this game I think we win. Think about, for a good portion of the game we were without a third of our starting lineup. Grant, Burnett, Barnett, Pickett, Finley, Matthews, and Tauscher. This really sucks right now.

packerbacker1234
10-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I think it all comes down to an overconfidence in AR then anything else. He came into the league the first 2 years on fire as a starter, and thus the offense slowly started to be all aobut him and what HE can do.

This, despite the fact that we were able to run the ball successfully. Even getting rid of the 71 yard run today...

Minus AR's rushing numbers and the big 71 yard gain, Kuhn and Jackson combined for 12 carries with a 4.6ypc.

They were gaining almost 5 yards every time we rushed it. It would be like "okay run once, 9 yards, run 2nd play, stuffed... okay were done running for the rest of the drive". It was such a silly notion. And again, I think it all stems from over confidence in AR's ability as a QB. It's just his 3rd year starting, he has his very first ever winning season last year: Lets not keep throwing it all on him, even if he wants to have it be all on him.

Also, get off C-Wood please. He can cover 1 on 1 better than 90% of other corners in the game. The idea he can't is rediculous. WHAT ABOUT PENALTIES!

Did you not see the tight coverage he had on every single one of them? He's not penalizing players because he is beat, it's happening because he is being overly aggressive. How quickly we forget how he single handidly ended the potential game winning drive from the lions last week.

Makes a tackle, then breaks up 2 consecutive pass plays to guys he was in 1 on 1 coverage with (calvin johnson). Just saying, Woodson is fine. He has a physical style about him similar to Harris. It doesn't make him overrated or unreliable in coverage - that is a classic overreaction after a loss.

It's not like the Redskins lit us on fire. They barely scored 16 points. We can't expect to win if our offense is only going to put 13 points on the board.

red
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
big unit brought up some great numbers in the packer post game show

46 or 47 pass attempts to only 17 rushing attempts. this in a game we lead the whole way.

jackson had the one huge run off the bat, after that he 9 carries for like 30 some yards.

kuhn clinched the game for us last week with his hard nosed power running at the end of the game. he only got 3 carries today

you can't win games like this

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 04:36 PM
that show is a nice packer rehab show

I'm using Fox six Blitz Post Game for that purpose today

gbgary
10-10-2010, 05:06 PM
the o was a no-show today. wrs couldn't get open, o-line allowing free runs at rodgers, key injuries. bye week can't get here soon enough.

The Leaper
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
the o was a no-show today. wrs couldn't get open, o-line allowing free runs at rodgers, key injuries. bye week can't get here soon enough.

The O has been mostly a no-show all year...even when nearly everyone was healthy. They scored 30+ on the Bills...but everyone else is too.

pbmax
10-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Also, get off C-Wood please. He can cover 1 on 1 better than 90% of other corners in the game. The idea he can't is rediculous. WHAT ABOUT PENALTIES!

Did you not see the tight coverage he had on every single one of them? He's not penalizing players because he is beat, it's happening because he is being overly aggressive. How quickly we forget how he single handidly ended the potential game winning drive from the lions last week.
Well, wishing may make it so, but his illegal contact penalty was an armbar he used to stop his own momentum after a receiver sold him deep and then cameback for an open look. Charles stuck out his arm to hold the receiver and break his own momentum. That isn't tight coverage or over-aggressiveness, that is getting beat.

pbmax
10-10-2010, 09:10 PM

The O has been mostly a no-show all year...even when nearly everyone was healthy. They scored 30+ on the Bills...but everyone else is too.
They were fifth in the league in scoring. How can you call that no-showing?