PDA

View Full Version : INJURIES!!

CaliforniaCheez
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
16 players injured

11 starters injured

4 starters out for the season and one back up.

Throw in a Jolly suspension.

QB Rodgers
RB Grant
FB Johnson s
TE Finley, Lee,
T Tauscher

D-line -Jolly Susp, Pickett, Harrell s,
LB -Barnett, Chillar, Matthews
CB -Harris, Underwood, Shields
S -Bigby, Burnett

Collins is limping around.

Did I leave out anyone? When you total the player/games missed it is a lot.

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 04:57 PM
16 players injured

11 starters injured

4 starters out for the season and one back up.

Throw in a Jolly suspension.

QB Rodgers
RB Grant
FB Johnson s
TE Finley, Lee,
T Tauscher

D-line -Jolly Susp, Pickett, Harrell s,
LB -Barnett, Chillar, Matthews
CB -Harris, Underwood, Shields
S -Bigby, Burnett

Collins is limping around.

Did I leave out anyone? When you total the player/games missed it is a lot.

Tough, really tough. But injuries to players doesn't make McCarthy a good coach but the injuries is the CPR prolonging his stay in GB.

Joemailman
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
This is as bad as 2005. The difference is that this team has depth that enables it to remain respectable.

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
This is as bad as 2005. The difference is that this team has depth that enables it to remain respectable.

Yup, I posted that last week & this week it got worse. Packer 2010 injury season has a legacy of its own.

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Rotoworld:
After listening to Packers coach Mike McCarthy's post-game presser Sunday, Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel considers Jermichael Finley (hamstring) and Clay Matthews (hamstring) likely to miss Week 6.

McCarthy clarified that Finley's injury is not a knee sprain, as originally reported. It's a displaced hamstring ligament -- a rare injury for which we don't know a rough timetable.

steve823
10-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Think of it this way. Is it better to get hit with a SHITLOAD of injuries in the beginning of the year or end of the year before playoffs start? Exactly. If we can string together some wins and play as a team for a few more weeks we'll be fine.

Harris and Bigby will be back in time for the Viking game. Finley and Matthews injuries aren't too serious and hopefully they can be back in time for the Viking game.

superfan
10-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Is there a limit to the maximum number of players that can be placed on IR? GB is currently at 6.

Per JSO:

Player Status/Updated Notes
Ryan Pickett NT day-to-day - Knee - 10/10/10 Pickett left Sunday's game against the Redskins with a knee injury.
Jermichael Finley TE day-to-day - Knee - 10/10/10 Finley left Sunday's game against the Redskins with a right knee injury.
Clay Matthews LB day-to-day - Thigh - 10/10/10 Matthew left Sunday's game against the Redskins with an aparent left thigh injury.
Quinn Johnson FB day-to-day - Buttocks - 10/10/10 Johnson missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to an injury to his buttocks.
Mark Tauscher T day-to-day - Shoulder - 10/10/10 Tauscher missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to a shoulder injury.
Brandon Chillar LB day-to-day - Shoulder - 10/10/10 Chillar missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to a shoulder injury.
Sam Shields DB day-to-day - Calf - 10/10/10 Shields missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to a calf injury.
James Starks RB Week 7 - Hamstring - 9/15/10 Starks has been placed on the physically unable to perform list with a lingering hamstring injury and is expected to miss at least the first six games of the season.
Atari Bigby S Mid Oct - Ankle - 9/15/10 Bigby has been placed on the physically unable to perform list as he continues to recover from ankle surgery and is expected to miss at least the first six games of the regular season.
Al Harris CB Mid Oct - Knee - 9/15/10 Harris has been placed on the physically unable to perform list as he continues to recover from off-season knee surgery and is expected to miss at least the first six games of the season.
Johnny Jolly DE out for season – Susp. - 7/19/10 Jolly has been suspended by the NFL without pay for the 2010 season and perhaps beyond for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement after the Super Bowl in February.
Morgan Burnett DB I-R - Knee - 10/5/10 Burnett has been placed on the injured reserve after tearing his ACL in Week 4 against the Lions and will miss the rest of the season as a result.
Nick Barnett LB I-R - Wrist - 10/8/10 Barnett has been placed on the injured reserve after suffering a wrist injury in Week 4 against the Lions. He plans to get a second opinion but will almost certainly require surgery.
Will Blackmon CB I-R - Knee - 9/13/10 Blackmon has been placed on the injured reserve with a knee injury. There is currently no timetable on his return.
Justin Harrell DT I-R - Knee - 9/14/10 Harrell has been placed on the injured reserve with a torn ACL he suffered against the Eagles in the season opener and will miss the remainder of the season as a result.
Ryan Grant RB I-R - Ankle - 9/15/10 Grant has been placed on the injured reserve with a torn ligament in his right ankle he suffered against the Eagles in Week 1. He will undergo surgery, that includes inserting screws into his ankle, and will be on crutches for 10-12 weeks.
Josh Bell DB I-R - Foot - 9/15/10 Bell has been placed on the injured reserve with a foot sprain he suffered in practice, thus ending his season as a result.

ND72
10-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I seriously think McCarthy needs to stand up and make a statement to his team. Rodgers has taken so many hits to the head, and now it appears as if this one came close to a knock out blow. McCarthy needs to criticize the refs in his press conference tomorrow, take the fine, move on. Threaten them...sending tape into the league, whatever the case is. Stop being "mr. perfect" in front ofthe press, and throw some refs under the bus.

steve823
10-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I seriously think McCarthy needs to stand up and make a statement to his team. Rodgers has taken so many hits to the head, and now it appears as if this one came close to a knock out blow. McCarthy needs to criticize the refs in his press conference tomorrow, take the fine, move on. Threaten them...sending tape into the league, whatever the case is. Stop being "mr. perfect" in front ofthe press, and throw some refs under the bus.

Usually I don't complain. The 2 passes I remember when the Redskins players didn't turn around when breaking the pass up - No call, but whatever its part of the game.

BUT when you see players taking shots at Rodgers and no calls being made its complete bull. Like when Rodgers slid down after a 6 yard run and then someone took a shot at him once he was down.

Little Whiskey
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
quinn Johnson, an injury to his buttocks? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CaptainKickass
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
quinn Johnson, an injury to his buttocks? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quinn Johnson FB day-to-day - Buttocks - 10/10/10 Johnson missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to an injury to his buttocks.

I've heard of "busting your ass" - but how do you break your ass?

woodbuck27
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Is there a limit to the maximum number of players that can be placed on IR? GB is currently at 6.

Per JSO:

Player Status/Updated Notes
Ryan Pickett NT day-to-day - Knee - 10/10/10 Pickett left Sunday's game against the Redskins with a knee injury.
Jermichael Finley TE day-to-day - Knee - 10/10/10 Finley left Sunday's game against the Redskins with a right knee injury.
Clay Matthews LB day-to-day - Thigh - 10/10/10 Matthew left Sunday's game against the Redskins with an aparent left thigh injury.
Mark Tauscher T day-to-day - Shoulder - 10/10/10 Tauscher missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to a shoulder injury.
Brandon Chillar LB day-to-day - Shoulder - 10/10/10 Chillar missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to a shoulder injury.
Sam Shields DB day-to-day - Calf - 10/10/10 Shields missed Sunday's game against the Redskins due to a calf injury.
James Starks RB Week 7 - Hamstring - 9/15/10 Starks has been placed on the physically unable to perform list with a lingering hamstring injury and is expected to miss at least the first six games of the season.
Atari Bigby S Mid Oct - Ankle - 9/15/10 Bigby has been placed on the physically unable to perform list as he continues to recover from ankle surgery and is expected to miss at least the first six games of the regular season.
Al Harris CB Mid Oct - Knee - 9/15/10 Harris has been placed on the physically unable to perform list as he continues to recover from off-season knee surgery and is expected to miss at least the first six games of the season.
Johnny Jolly DE out for season – Susp. - 7/19/10 Jolly has been suspended by the NFL without pay for the 2010 season and perhaps beyond for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement after the Super Bowl in February.
Morgan Burnett DB I-R - Knee - 10/5/10 Burnett has been placed on the injured reserve after tearing his ACL in Week 4 against the Lions and will miss the rest of the season as a result.
Nick Barnett LB I-R - Wrist - 10/8/10 Barnett has been placed on the injured reserve after suffering a wrist injury in Week 4 against the Lions. He plans to get a second opinion but will almost certainly require surgery.
Will Blackmon CB I-R - Knee - 9/13/10 Blackmon has been placed on the injured reserve with a knee injury. There is currently no timetable on his return.
Justin Harrell DT I-R - Knee - 9/14/10 Harrell has been placed on the injured reserve with a torn ACL he suffered against the Eagles in the season opener and will miss the remainder of the season as a result.
Ryan Grant RB I-R - Ankle - 9/15/10 Grant has been placed on the injured reserve with a torn ligament in his right ankle he suffered against the Eagles in Week 1. He will undergo surgery, that includes inserting screws into his ankle, and will be on crutches for 10-12 weeks.
Josh Bell DB I-R - Foot - 9/15/10 Bell has been placed on the injured reserve with a foot sprain he suffered in practice, thus ending his season as a result.

That list is just unbelievaby horrid. Ugly.

Bossman641
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Think of it this way. Is it better to get hit with a SHITLOAD of injuries in the beginning of the year or end of the year before playoffs start?

At the rate we are losing players I don't believe there will be a playoff run. The number of injuries has been ridiculous.

superfan
10-10-2010, 11:54 PM
As we all know, injuries are part of the game. Sure seems bad from our perspective, but how does the GB injury situation compare to the rest of the league?

http://jsonline.sportsdirectinc.com/football/nfl-injuries.aspx?page=/data/nfl/injury/injuries.html

Summarizing with # of players on the injury list per team, with the number on IR in parentheses. This list also includes suspensions, and only games missed - doesn't include probable or questionable players that played, and only reflects current status - for example, if somebody was out week 2, but played today, they aren't included. NFC North teams in bold.

Arizona - 6 (1)
Atlanta - 4 (2)
Baltimore - 13 (6)
Buffalo - 8 (2)
Carolina - 9 (4)
Chicago - 5 (2)
Cincinnati - 5 (1)
Cleveland - 10 (6)
Dallas - 3 (2)
Denver - 5 (2)
Detroit - 9 (4)
Green Bay - 18 (7)
Houston - 12 (7)
Indianapolis - 11 (6)
Jacksonville - 14 (8)
Kansas City - 7 (5)
Miami - 10 (5)
Minnesota - 3 (1)
New England - 8 (7)
New Orleans - 10 (3)
New York Giants - 12 (5)
New York Jets - 2 (2)
Oakland - 13 (2)
Philadelphia - 12 (4)
Pittsburgh - 5 (3)
San Diego - 13 (6)
San Francisco - 4 (1)
Seattle - 3 (3)
St. Louis - 13 (5)
Tampa Bay - 6 (3)
Tennessee - 6 (2)
Washington - 7 (3)

Green Bay leads by a large margin with 18 players on the report, next closest is 13. League average is 8.3.

Pugger
10-11-2010, 09:14 AM

No chit. The amount of abuse Rodgers receives and the lack of calls is ridiculous. The league says they protect the QB but I think this is BS. QBs are treated with kid gloves but not if he is wearing a yellow helmet and #12 on his jersey.

denverYooper
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM

+1. That's gamesmanship that may be beyond McCarthy but that pays off if they get those calls later.

mraynrand
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM

+1. That's gamesmanship that may be beyond McCarthy but that pays off if they get those calls later.

I can see it going the other way too - the refs bite down hard because you called them out. Maybe you set a new record for penalties at 20+ :x

vince
10-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Green Bay leads by a large margin with 18 players on the report, next closest is 13. League average is 8.3.
Thanks for bringing it Superfan.

denverYooper
10-11-2010, 12:11 PM

I can see it going the other way too - the refs bite down hard because you called them out. Maybe you set a new record for penalties at 20+ :x

At this point they're in so deep any way wrt penalties, they might as well just give it a shot.

denverYooper
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM

He's refusing to comment on the non-call in his presser. However, he keeps reiterating that the concussion happened on that play. Probably a better way to bring attention to it.

ND72
10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Just read Rodgers could be sidelined against Miami sunday... :(

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 01:43 PM

He's refusing to comment on the non-call in his presser. However, he keeps reiterating that the concussion happened on that play. Probably a better way to bring attention to it.

If MM were to suggest otherwise, there might then be a question raised of whether the Packers allowed Arod to play despite a concussion. He's probably correct though in saying what he did.

ND72
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM

If MM were to suggest otherwise, there might then be a question raised of whether the Packers allowed Arod to play despite a concussion. He's probably correct though in saying what he did.

See I think he needed to say something. He doesn't have to call anyone out, or throw anyone under the bus, but the question was do you feel there should have been a penalty on that play...yes...that's all he had to say, nothing big. I think GB right now is almost in a "rally the troops" type situation, and he needs to be the ring leader, I don't care if it's "proper" or not, go out and take a fine for your players.

Tarlam!
10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
I haven't reviewed how viscious the was, maybe someone can shed some light on it. It didn't seem like a mauling to me live, but I was swearing so loudly due to the INT.

My money is that the QB sneak is the culprit. He got stoned on that play and even Buck and Aikman commented how daized he looked. The next pass was off que, I doubt even Finley could have muscelled it in.

Most damning evidence? M3 stating he should have tried the bootleg on 3rd down.

vince
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I think GB right now is almost in a "rally the troops" type situation, and he needs to be the ring leader.
Although I don't think it has to apply to public criticism of the refs, I agree with this. I just watched McCarthy's PC from today and he was asked about whether the team needed an address about their situation, and McCarthy indicated that it was more or less business as usual.

Now I'm not one who thinks you should take what McCarthy or any coach (or GM) says in a press conference at face value, but if in fact he's not using this to rally the troops so to speak, it'd be disappointing. Obviously you don't want to convey a sense of desparation at this point in the season, but I'd have to believe the troops would benefit from a little rallying right about now.

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree he could have said something. All he has to say is that it is his understanding that a helmet to helmet hit is a penalty. Here's what he said in his PC: The concussion did occur on the last play. That thing was fairly evident, just based on the communication. There was no evidence or even talk of Aaron during the course of the fourth quarter. But he took a helmet-to-helmet blow there on the last play, and if you watch the tape, just the way he reacted and so forth, that’s when it did occur.

There's no question it was helmet to helmet. He said so. Anyone could see it. I don't thing he would have been out of line to say it was a penalty.

I'm reminded of a game I attended at Lambeau in Sherman's 1st or 2nd year between the Packers and the Vikings. The Packers were losing and had just had an obvious Pass interference no-call go against them. They showed the replay on the video screen. Sherman went nuts and took off his headphones and slammed them down on the field right in front of the referee as he pointed to the video screen. The crown went nuts and of course he received a 15 yard penalty. However, it fired up everybody, players and fans, and the Packers came back to win the game. I thought it was a great case of a coach sticking up for his players even though there was a short term penalty for doing it.

vince
10-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I personally don't like the team leader promoting the mentality of blaming the refs for what ultimately is/was a team failure.

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't either. But an illegal hit which may knock Rodgers out for one or more games went unpenalized. A coach has every right to stick up for his player and his team.

vince
10-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't either. But an illegal hit which may knock Rodgers out for one or more games went unpenalized. A coach has every right to stick up for his player and his team.
Definitely a fair point.

Patler
10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I have now watched that play at least 6 times in slow motion and stop action. I see absolutely no reason for a penalty to have been called. Just my opinion, but if he was injured on that play it was probably from contact with the ground, which he hit quite hard.

mraynrand
10-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I have now watched that play at least 6 times in slow motion and stop action. I see absolutely no reason for a penalty to have been called. Just my opinion, but if he was injured on that play it was probably from contact with the ground, which he hit quite hard.

I was pretty sure there was helmet to helmet contact. That's an automatic penalty. are you saying there was NO helmet to helmet? If that's true, I need to get my eyes checked - and not by that quack that Cleft Crusty goes to.

bobblehead
10-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I think MM stating it was a helmet to helmet hit is good. he could have gone further:

"Our guys up front have to do a better job protecting Aaron. AR has taken several shots to the head this season and we can't wait around hoping the officials notice and protect him, WE need to stop it from happening."

call out the refs without calling them out.

bobblehead
10-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Bedard showed AR's stats before and after the QB sneak in the second quarter. Night and day. AR stunk on ice after that play. Bedard says he isn't implying anything, simply pointing out that AR wasn't the same after taking a shot to the head on that play.....yea, not implying, simply flat out saying it.

Patler
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I was pretty sure there was helmet to helmet contact. That's an automatic penalty. are you saying there was NO helmet to helmet? If that's true, I need to get my eyes checked - and not by that quack that Cleft Crusty goes to.

Yup, that's what I'm saying. The angle wasn't the greatest (the replay was from directly behind Rodgers, and not zoomed in real tight), but the LB pulled up and jumped as he got there, throwing his arms up and chest out. He was up very high. I think his chest may have hit Rodger's face mask, but it didn't look like his helmet did. If he grazed it on the way up, he sure didn't hit it very hard, because it didn't affect the height on his jump at all. It did look like Rodgers hit his head pretty hard on the ground, however.

Smidgeon
10-11-2010, 03:52 PM

Yup, that's what I'm saying. The angle wasn't the greatest (the replay was from directly behind Rodgers, and not zoomed in real tight), but the LB pulled up and jumped as he got there, throwing his arms up and chest out. He was up very high. I think his chest may have hit Rodger's face mask, but it didn't look like his helmet did. If he grazed it on the way up, he sure didn't hit it very hard, because it didn't affect the height on his jump at all. It did look like Rodgers hit his head pretty hard on the ground, however.

But isn't hitting a QB in the head with anything an automatic "roughing the passer"? The helmet to helmet applies to every player. The QB's supposed to have extra rules protecting him.

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure what you're seeing Patler. The helmet or the facemask of the LB hits Arod in the side of the helmet, causing Arod's had to snap to the side. Really, it doesn't matter what he hit him with. Any blow to the helmet of a QB is supposed to be a penalty.

Patler
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure what you're seeing Patler. The helmet or the facemask of the LB hits Arod in the side of the helmet, causing Arod's had to snap to the side. Really, it doesn't matter what he hit him with. Any blow to the helmet of a QB is supposed to be a penalty.

I don't see that. I see Rodgers turning his head as the LB jumps right in front of him. As I said, I'm not sure anything hit Rodgers helmet. The LB could just as easily have hit Rodgers chest/shoulder/arm.

If you want to see a helmet hit, you can certainly interpret it that way. I just think it also can be seen differently.

By the way, did you notice the DB grabbing Jackson's helmet above the facemask when making the tackle on his long run? It didn't show at all during the play. But after the Packers scored, when the broadcast broke for commercial they showed the end of the run from an end zone camera. The DB clearly stuck his fingers in and hooked onto the edge of the helmet.

Tarlam!
10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Like I said, I saw what Patler saw, but only live and no more. I think it was the sneak that did it.

red
10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
My money is that the QB sneak is the culprit. He got stoned on that play and even Buck and Aikman commented how daized he looked. The next pass was off que, I doubt even Finley could have muscelled it in.

great point, i forgot all about that

i do now remember aikman saying he looked dazed as he was going to the sidline

Smidgeon
10-11-2010, 04:57 PM

I don't see that. I see Rodgers turning his head as the LB jumps right in front of him. As I said, I'm not sure anything hit Rodgers helmet. The LB could just as easily have hit Rodgers chest/shoulder/arm.

If you want to see a helmet hit, you can certainly interpret it that way. I just think it also can be seen differently.

By the way, did you notice the DB grabbing Jackson's helmet above the facemask when making the tackle on his long run? It didn't show at all during the play. But after the Packers scored, when the broadcast broke for commercial they showed the end of the run from an end zone camera. The DB clearly stuck his fingers in and hooked onto the edge of the helmet.

Yeah, I saw that. Wasn't happy about it, but not as upset as when Matthews didn't get the hold called against the RT in the endzone.

After the Bears' game, I'm not quite as worked up about losses and "poor" calls. Seems every year I need to get the first loss out of my system before I can watch from a balanced perspective.

But that non-hold still gets me. Matthews could have been credited with a safety and finished the game with 2.5 sacks...

Patler
10-11-2010, 05:10 PM
But that non-hold still gets me. Matthews could have been credited with a safety and finished the game with 2.5 sacks...

At least the refs were consistent, because Bulaga did the same thing several times and didn't get called either.

Smidgeon
10-11-2010, 05:13 PM

At least the refs were consistent, because Bulaga did the same thing several times and didn't get called either.

I agree. But I wish they would have been consistent calling the egregarious holds instead of not calling them. Bulaga didn't hold in his own endzone.

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 06:17 PM

This earns the five clapper :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
MM as a coach reacts like Macha as a mgr after his players kept getting thrown at

vince
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM

They just showed the play from multiple angles on ESPN and it is clear that the defender hit Rodgers helmet-to-helmet twice, once right at the initial hit and again when he landed on him on the ground. It was particularly clear from the endzone camera that wasn't shown I don't think during the game.

pbmax
10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
That was my thought. But I do not have access to a decent quality replay on the computer. NFL videos need to play at non HD resolutions on this computer to run at normal speed.

Brando19
10-11-2010, 07:44 PM

They just showed the play from multiple angles on ESPN and it is clear that the defender hit Rodgers helmet-to-helmet twice, once right at the initial hit and again when he landed on him on the ground. It was particularly clear from the endzone camera that wasn't shown I don't think during the game.

I saw it, too...but BSPN didn't mention the helmet to helmet. If it was Favre, Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo, etc...they would have.

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Which is exactly why I'd love to see MM call the refs out and draw some attention to Aaron Rodgers; perhaps the zebras would pay a bit more attention.

While he's at it make a tape of all the helmet to helmet shots AROD has taken that the refs have ignored

Make some Noise Macha, I mean MM

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 09:49 PM
OK, ESPN just does a special on all of the Packer Injuries

They highlight the play which AROD got the helmet to helmet hit and concussion twice

WHY DO THEY NOT QUESTION WHY THERE WAS NOT A PENALTY ON THE PLAY ? :?:

The Leaper
10-11-2010, 10:03 PM

The defender basically headbutted Rodgers, although I do not believe it was intentional. However, intent doesn't matter currently...if a defender contacts a QB around the head with either his arm or his helmet, it is supposed to get a flag every time.

The NFL has become overprotective of QBs. No, I'm not really a fan of it...but it is what it is. I've seen far less contact than that called previously...like where a defender's arm contacts the helmet instead of direct helmet to helmet. Rodgers got blasted in the helmet last postseason, and now in OT yesterday...neither time did we see a flag. That needs to be addressed by McCarthy, or he will start losing the confidence of players in the locker room. He doesn't have to call anyone out...just make a note that Rodgers DID receive contact to his helmet yesterday and mention that he also had that happen in the playoffs last year...and mention that he is concerned for the safety of his player (don't mention anything regarding wanting a flag). That is enough of a warning shot over the bow...then make sure you repeat that message to every group of refs on the field before each game the rest of the year.

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 10:17 PM

The defender basically headbutted Rodgers, although I do not believe it was intentional. However, intent doesn't matter currently...if a defender contacts a QB around the head with either his arm or his helmet, it is supposed to get a flag every time.

Agree; by rules IMO that is a no brainer penalty. Intent does not matter and we've all seen much less called on these

MichiganPackerFan
10-12-2010, 11:38 AM

There's no accountability for officials in this league. They can blow major calls and let certain players take more damage then others and they still get paid and get to work the next week. MM not only has the right, he has the obligation to stick up for his players when the officials are not protecting players equally.

Patler
10-12-2010, 11:51 AM

I know the rule, I just keep watching the video I have over and over. From the angle that was broadcast, with how the play developed after the supposed head butt, I can't see how their helmets could have hit. I see Rodgers head turn and all that, but with the elevation the LB got on his jump, I can't see how their heads could have hit at that time.

I wish there was a view from the side of the field.

CaptainD
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM

I agree 100%. I thought he was hit harder early in the game and later then this hit.

ThunderDan
10-12-2010, 12:09 PM

I know the rule, I just keep watching the video I have over and over. From the angle that was broadcast, with how the play developed after the supposed head butt, I can't see how their helmets could have hit. I see Rodgers head turn and all that, but with the elevation the LB got on his jump, I can't see how their heads could have hit at that time.

They showed a different angle last night pre/during the game and it was a clear helmet to helmet hit.

Patler
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM

They showed a different angle last night pre/during the game and it was a clear helmet to helmet hit.

Any idea where I can see it?

denverYooper
10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
As per Andrew Brandt, the Packers are asking the league for an explanation about the hit.

ThunderDan
10-12-2010, 12:35 PM

Any idea where I can see it?

No I don't, maybe ESPN.com? To be honest I thought the exact same thing as you until they showed the replay from a different angle.

mraynrand
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I've watched it about 7,000 times now, and I'm sure it's helmet-to-helmet. But what do I know:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070821135111/uncyclopedia/images/c/cf/Crosseyed.jpg