PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 other games.

denverYooper
10-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Cards up 10 on the Saints. With 2 minutes left.

Damn.

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Cards up 10 on the Saints. With 2 minutes left.

Damn.

Watching it. Cards just better today. :shock:

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Saints just scored a TD thanks the the playmaker...........My FAVORITE MEACHAM

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Saints just scored a TD thanks the the playmaker...........My FAVORITE MEACHAM

Full tilt blitz got burned.

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Also, Boys 20 Titans 20 with latter driving.

denverYooper
10-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Brees picked off with 23 seconds left to seal the game.

And he didn't even get hit.

Oddly, makes me feel better.

gbgary
10-10-2010, 06:28 PM
dallas ties it up at 27 and tenn runs it back to the 10 and eventually score a td with 3:28 to go. go tennesee!

denverYooper
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Raiders just scored to go ahead of SD.

(They even did it without Aikman talking about how you can't let the Raiders hang around because they'll eventually figure out a way to win. Fancy that.)

gbgary
10-10-2010, 06:44 PM
i'll take my medicine tomorrow at work but it won't nearly be as bitter as the pills i'll be handing out. lol

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
AFC >>>> NFC

gbgary
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
raiders win, raiders win, thheeeeeee raiders win.

denverYooper
10-10-2010, 06:48 PM
raiders win, raiders win, thheeeeeee raiders win.

Yup. On a Rivers fumble.

Elite QBs just blowing it everywhere today.

gbgary
10-10-2010, 06:49 PM
AFC >>>> NFC

right now i'd say so.

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
AFC >>>> NFC

right now i'd say so.

I wouldn't write off the NFC team in the super bowl though - remember 2007 when behemoth Pats season was slayed by Giants.

Bears, Bucs and Falcons are top dogs in NFC. :oops:

gbgary
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
sf gets a td. need sf in my pick'em league at work. i'm in first, with 39 before today's games, but only by a nose.

gbgary
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM
not much d in this game so far.

Badgerinmaine
10-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Did anyone see the end of the Cowboys-Titans game? Cowboys score on a late 4th quarter drive on a TD pass to Jason Witten. Witten, in gratitude to one of his o-linemen, hands the ball to him, and the o-lineman spikes it. Penalty! Since two players are involved, it's flagged as "excessive celebration" with a 15 yard walkoff on the kickoff. The score is now tied. Tenn. catches the ball on their 20 and runs it back to the Dallas 2 (marked to the 1 after a facemask call on the kicker, who saved a TD). Titans plunge in for the score on the next play to go up 7, and the Cowboys cannot score and lose.
Now, I am no Cowboys fan--to put it mildly--but that just does not seem right to me. I don't think celebration should be a penalty unless it's taunting another player. it sure shouldn't be a flag in a case like this, and I think it had a clear impact on the outcome of the game.

Badgerinmaine
10-10-2010, 08:09 PM

In the standings, yes, ...but you can't convince me Tampa Bay's in the elite in the NFC right now. They won at home against Cleveland (1-4), and won at Carolina (0-5), and were blown off the field by the Steelers playing with what, a fourth strong QB? Nice win at Cincy (2-3) today, true, but their wins are against teams with a combined record of 3-12. If they beat the Saints next week, we'll talk. :-)

gbgary
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Did anyone see the end of the Cowboys-Titans game? Cowboys score on a late 4th quarter drive on a TD pass to Jason Witten. Witten, in gratitude to one of his o-linemen, hands the ball to him, and the o-lineman spikes it. Penalty! Since two players are involved, it's flagged as "excessive celebration" with a 15 yard walkoff on the kickoff.

thems the rules. i loved seeing the 'boys lose. makes for much less trash talking in the office. :D

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM

In the standings, yes, ...but you can't convince me Tampa Bay's in the elite in the NFC right now. They won at home against Cleveland (1-4), and won at Carolina (0-5), and were blown off the field by the Steelers playing with what, a fourth strong QB? Nice win at Cincy (2-3) today, true, but their wins are against teams with a combined record of 3-12. If they beat the Saints next week, we'll talk. :-)

You're right; Bucs are a reach even with 3-1 record. Actually Giants are rolling and could gain confidence in the coming weeks.

Main fact though is that NFC currently sucks.

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Did anyone see the end of the Cowboys-Titans game? Cowboys score on a late 4th quarter drive on a TD pass to Jason Witten. Witten, in gratitude to one of his o-linemen, hands the ball to him, and the o-lineman spikes it. Penalty! Since two players are involved, it's flagged as "excessive celebration" with a 15 yard walkoff on the kickoff. The score is now tied. Tenn. catches the ball on their 20 and runs it back to the Dallas 2 (marked to the 1 after a facemask call on the kicker, who saved a TD). Titans plunge in for the score on the next play to go up 7, and the Cowboys cannot score and lose.
Now, I am no Cowboys fan--to put it mildly--but that just does not seem right to me. I don't think celebration should be a penalty unless it's taunting another player. it sure shouldn't be a flag in a case like this, and I think it had a clear impact on the outcome of the game.

Saw it and it blows - some comfort that it happened to dem Boys - It still blows though.

MichiganPackerFan
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I hate the cowboys but that was a bullshit call. Celebrate with your teammates. It's a team game. They through the flag for him going to the ground, however, I am not sure that was intentional. There needs to be more accountability for officiating.