PDA

View Full Version : Weird Season

HarveyWallbangers
10-11-2010, 01:15 AM
If you told me before the season that these things would happen, I would have said "Super Bowl homie".

1) James Jones would be healthy and looking good
2) Jermichael Finley would indeed have his breakout season.
3) B.J. Raji would look like a stud.
4) Cullen Jenkins would overcome a cast on his hand to have a stellar season.
5) In his playing time, Mike Neal would justify his high draft status.
6) Desmond Bishop would do well when he played.
7) Clay Matthews would be one of the best defensive players in the NFL.
8) Sam Shields would be a decent nickel corner.
9) Tramon Williams would play stellar ball.
10) Frank Zombo would provide some surprising pass rush.
11) Jarrett Bush wouldn't lose games for us.

What's disappointing is that some of our best players have killed us in individual games: Woodson, Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Clifton, Tauscher, and even Collins (with the dumb penalty in the Bears game).

There's just bad vibes coming from this team. We NEED to win next week, get the injured guys back, and hope that Harris, Bigby, and maybe even Starks provides a midseason boost.

Tarlam!
10-11-2010, 01:23 AM
If you told me before the season that these things would happen, I would have said "NO WAY"

1) some of our best players have killed us in individual games: Woodson, Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Clifton, Tauscher, and even Collins (with the dumb penalty in the Bears game).

There's just bad vibes coming from this team. We NEED to win next week, get the injured guys back, and hope that Harris, Bigby, and maybe even Starks provides a midseason boost.

Maybe M3 can start doing the job he's being handsomely compensated to do.

Gunakor
10-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Maybe M3 can start doing the job he's being handsomely compensated to do.

Same could be said of Donald Driver - Catch the damn ball.

MM isn't wholly without blame, but fault ultimately rests with the players that perform on the field. The plays called were good enough to earn a victory today if the players execute those play calls. The players didn't get the job done today.

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 08:34 AM
There is a flip side to this weird season. If you had told me that by game 5 the Pack would be playing without Ryan Grant, Mark Tauscher, Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Nick Barnett, Brandon Chillar, Sam Shields and Morgan Burnett, I'd have thought the team would be in huge trouble playoff-wise. As it is, they are 1 game behind the teams with the best record in the NFC. What they had to accomplish the 2nd half of last season was more improbable than what they face right now. The season is still there for the taking.

MJZiggy
10-11-2010, 08:37 AM
There is a flip side to this weird season. If you had told me that by game 5 the Pack would be playing without Ryan Grant, Mark Tauscher, Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Nick Barnett, Brandon Chillar, Sam Shields and Morgan Burnett, I'd have thought the team would be in huge trouble playoff-wise. As it is, they are 1 game behind the teams with the best record in the NFC. What they had to accomplish the 2nd half of last season was more improbable than what they face right now. The season is still there for the taking.

Can I get an amen?? AMEN brother!

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
The season right now hinges on their ability to win at home. Three of the 4 games before the bye will be at home. If they can get to 6-3 at the bye, I think they'll be in good shape. None of the upcoming games will be easy, but they're all winnable.

pbmax
10-11-2010, 09:46 AM
The season right now hinges on their ability to win at home. Three of the 4 games before the bye will be at home. If they can get to 6-3 at the bye, I think they'll be in good shape. None of the upcoming games will be easy, but they're all winnable.
If they can get some bodies healthy.

MadtownPacker
10-11-2010, 09:50 AM
If you told me before the season that these things would happen, I would have said "Super Bowl homie".
Liar. You would have said "honey Im gonna go siphon sum gas so we can get the trailer to dallas. I think dem der Packers gonna git to that Souperbowl". :lol:

pbmax
10-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Liar. You would have said "honey Im gonna go siphon sum gas so we can get the trailer to dallas. I think dem der Packers gonna git to that Souperbowl". :lol:
Its called a modular home!

Airin' Rodgers
10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I think that the 2nd half of the schedule, which originally looked to be extremely tough, has lightened up a bit.

There is an insane amount of parity in the nfl this year, and with a few outliers, the packers pretty much have an equal chance at winning any of the games on the schedule.

For example, The 49ers and Cowboys games now look like they should be wins, while at Detroit looks like it will be tough.

woodbuck27
10-11-2010, 11:06 AM

Yes ! We are still there because as I see it there are only two teams one in each conference playing up to to any form of consistency. NFC ...Falcons and AFC JETS. I'm getting clobbered esp. in the Pro Pick'em because any analysis is moot. If a fan was simply to take any matchup and flip a coin and determine your pick, that fan would in all likelyhood fair as well as in exercising a strategy 'of analysis' so far this season. ** Maybe six year old could be leading in league standings if he/she just flips a coin. That's to this point 'the coin flip would possibly fair better than analyss and hopefully things return to normal.

** That isn't the case in our Pro Pickem as Superfan has been knockin' on the door to be our Champion for these past five seasons. He'll be tough to jump over this season. Superfans far out in front of aby far most NFL experts, or Pro's that earn their livings doing analysis:D That's awesome that he's one of our's here at Packerrats.

It's like the early results of an election and I can predict that Superfan is 'the Man' this year and will be our Champion. I don't mean any jinx Packer fan. Just respect. Your solid as many others here at Packerats are in my view. :D Here's one:

Nice to see one of our most expert Packer fans, KY Pack our Champ of two seasons past, have a better week in week five.

Way to go KY! Keep on truckin'.

The rest of us can be inspired to try our best to make the top ten or at least strive to improve our current positions in the standings. Don't give up Packerrats in our Pro Pick'em. Keep on having faith in yourself.

Part of the enjoyment in being an NFL fan, is I try to keep on top of the league as a whole. I try to read and learn as much as possible. Grow as an NFL fan as well as a Packer fan. The flip side is it takes loads of dedication in terms of time.

I've discovered that home field advantage means some value in handicapping and this still applies. Home field underdogs, up to yesterday, were on the plus side of the win column.

Anybody shocked that 'the Saints' on the roads in Arizona, 'the Cowboys' home to Tennessee and 'the Bolts' on the road in Oakland all lost by a TD or more? When will the 49er get a win? The up and down Eagles humiliated San Fran on the road.

Yes we are certinly challenged by adversith Harvey but we can overcome. It comes by reason of faith and directing a positive attirude. I believe that in terms related to my life.

It comes down to this as a bottom line:

GO PACKERS GO !!

This season or the next. Keep 'the faith'. Believe.

Tarlam!
10-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Plus, they can't suffer (m)any more. They're going down like Japanese fighter planes over the Pacific in WWII.

Cheesehead Craig
10-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Plus, they can't suffer (m)any more. They're going down like Japanese fighter planes over the Pacific in WWII.

Or dresses on prom night.

Fritz
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM

Or prostitutes on Brandon Underwood.

denverYooper
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM

WIN!

mmmdk
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Can I get an amen?? AMEN brother!

LOOK! Pink bunnies...in a rocket ship. It is too!! :wink:

get louder at lambeau
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Like Woody on Faver?

OK, maybe they aren't going down THAT fast.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-11-2010, 04:20 PM

What's disappointing is that some of our best players have killed us in individual games: Woodson, Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Clifton, Tauscher, and even Collins (with the dumb penalty in the Bears game).

I really think we would have the best defense in football once Harris came back if it wasn't for all these injuries. Matthews to me is the best defensive player in football. It reallysucks we have all these players hurt b/c I really believe we have the most talented team in football. Talk about bad luck. Injuries probably we be the reason we don't win teh superbowl this year. If there is a lockout next year this team is just cursed.

denverYooper
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM

The fact that 9 out of 11 of those are defense-related brings to mind something I"ve been mulling over: If you had told me that our defense was going to be the strength of our team this year and our offense would be struggling, I would not have believed it. We're getting better pressure and our DBs are playing decent ball -- two of the major questions regarding the Packers in the preseason. It remains to be seen whether they continue on this track but those things have been a pleasant surprise to this point.

Anyway, most Superbowl teams need a narrative. The current injury/luck situation provides that. Our roster is supposed to be deep with guys that could start for other teams. That will be put to the test!

Bossman641
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM

You forgot Pickett. :cry:

vince
10-12-2010, 12:00 AM
You and that avatar need to post more Boss.

woodbuck27
10-12-2010, 07:27 AM

Like Woody on Faver?

OK, maybe they aren't going down THAT fast.

I read that insult. Look out ! Incoming.