PDA

View Full Version : Packers coaches meet about Jennings...

packers11
10-12-2010, 09:28 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Packers coaches met Monday specifically to come up with a game-plan to get Greg Jennings more involved in the offense

Since his five-catch, 82-yard performance in Week 1, Jennings has been held under four receptions and 40 yards every game. Jennings isn't injured, and his three touchdowns suggest there's nothing wrong with his playmaking ability. With the coaching staff making Jennings a point of emphasis this week, it's a good time to buy low in fantasy leagues. Oct. 12 - 9:57 pm et

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 10:48 AM
www.rotoworld.com

Packers coaches met Monday specifically to come up with a game-plan to get Greg Jennings more involved in the offense

Since his five-catch, 82-yard performance in Week 1, Jennings has been held under four receptions and 40 yards every game. Jennings isn't injured, and his three touchdowns suggest there's nothing wrong with his playmaking ability. With the coaching staff making Jennings a point of emphasis this week, it's a good time to buy low in fantasy leagues. Oct. 12 - 9:57 pm et

Gunna hafta with Finley out.

Maybe they won't send him so far down the field as much.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-13-2010, 12:47 PM
It took SIX weeks and Finley getting hurt to notice? The play calling is really really bad. It doesn't play to the strengths of the WRs and it doesn't allow the O to reach its full potential. Teams with half the talent we have on offense are scoring twice as many points.....

Fritz
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm feeling a win Sunday. MM will have to see what's left in the cupboard and use it.

The news on Martin going to IR and Finley out for 8 - 10 is a kick in the balls.

sheepshead
10-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I dont know, I think I could get the ball to Greg Jennings, but what do I know?

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Like this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E8MAURXGyJ4/TCvanzIsO0I/AAAAAAAABtU/VwHU-3WnUxU/s1600/Kicked-in-the-Nads.jpg

Or This?

http://phoenix.fanster.com/sundevils/files/2010/01/monk-kick-balls.jpg

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
damnit, can't get the first pic to load.

Zool
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E8MAURXGyJ4/TCvanzIsO0I/AAAAAAAABtU/VwHU-3WnUxU/s1600/Kicked-in-the-Nads.jpg

There ya go Whiskey

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
what the hell did i do wrong? I posted both pictures the same way. one loads, the other doesn't. WTF?

sheepshead
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Your avatar is a mystery too

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 04:37 PM

you can't see my avatar either?

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2010, 04:47 PM

Not unless its an off white box. Sorry :(

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 04:57 PM

you don't see the albino cow eating snow in a blizzard? WFT! not my avatar too! damnit!!

Joemailman
10-13-2010, 05:05 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Gunna hafta with Finley out.

Maybe they won't send him so far down the field as much.

Exactly. Jennings is one of the best WR's in the NFL at making the first defender miss. He then has the quickness to quickly turn upfield. Just get the ball in his hands somehow!

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Jennings has become vocal about it:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2010/10/13/jennings-beyond-frustrated-with-lack-of-opportunities/

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2010, 06:00 PM

you don't see the albino cow eating snow in a blizzard? WFT! not my avatar too! damnit!!

I had just assumed it was REALLY LITTLE whiskey

MJZiggy
10-13-2010, 06:05 PM
what the hell did i do wrong? I posted both pictures the same way. one loads, the other doesn't. WTF?

If you look at the link, it has http:// in there twice. That means that you found the link through a search. Go back to the image, then right click and choose view image. Then use that link.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2010, 06:06 PM
“I was in the same situation last year, so I’m starting to get a little too familiar with this area,” Jennings said.
“But it’s all part of the game.”

Jennings also admitted that he let his frustration get the best of him on the sideline during Sunday’s loss at Washington. Though he wouldn’t say exactly what he did, he admitted that he acted out of character
By last year does he mean ARod wasnt throwing to him or M3 wasnt calling plays for him?

Does anyone know what it was he did on the sideline? Seems like his stance is that he isnt getting used to the best of his advantages. If so I have to say I agree. Find a way to get it to him short and let him take off with it.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2010, 06:08 PM

If you look at the link, it has http:// in there twice. That means that you found the link through a search. Go back to the image, then right click and choose view image. Then use that link.You are lucky that a smart white woman was on here to tell a dumb gabacho like you how to do it right. Following she-orders are what you guys do best. :lol:

Rastak
10-13-2010, 07:19 PM

If you look at the link, it has http:// in there twice. That means that you found the link through a search. Go back to the image, then right click and choose view image. Then use that link.You are lucky that a smart white woman was on here to tell a dumb gabacho like you how to do it right. Following she-orders are what you guys do best. :lol:

You got us pegged.

retailguy
10-13-2010, 08:05 PM
but what do I know?

:shock: must re....s....i...s...t,

mmmm, mmmmm, mffffffmm, st....a...y.......s.t....r......o..n....g....

shhh. :twisted: :oops:

MJZiggy
10-13-2010, 08:07 PM
but what do I know?

:shock: must re....s....i...s...t,

mmmm, mmmmm, mffffffmm, st....a...y.......s.t....r......o..n....g....

shhh. :twisted: :oops:

Oh, and I'm supposed to resist this???

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 08:36 PM
thanks zig. I fixed it.

gbgary
10-13-2010, 09:05 PM
if he's getting frustrated and letting people know then fine. it's like rodgers said...have the best players on the field. if you want to get him more involved then stop subbing him out. i can't stand seeing him standing on the sidelines. mm...you're killing me here.

The Leaper
10-13-2010, 10:03 PM
If you have to have a coach's meeting to figure out how to get your #1 WR into the ballgame, I think it speaks poorly of the offensive minded head coach.

bobblehead
10-14-2010, 11:00 AM

given our injury situation, this is the only thing that made me laugh all week.

woodbuck27
10-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Jennings has become vocal about it:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2010/10/13/jennings-beyond-frustrated-with-lack-of-opportunities/

Quote - Greg Jennings:

“I’m not going to say I’m not frustrated,” Jennings said during a lengthy session with reporters at his locker today. “That’s probably an understatement honestly.”

Though Jennings has been targeted 30 times (second most on the team) this season, he has only 14 catches for 183 yards.

“Opportunities can be (misleading),” Jennings said. “Targets can be targets, but they can really not be targets.”

For example, when quarterbacks are throwing the ball away purposely, a receiver still has to be listed as a target for stat purposes.

Jennings was in a similar position early last season but ended up having a solid year — 68 catches, 1,113 yards but only four touchdowns.

“I was in the same situation last year, so I’m starting to get a little too familiar with this area,” Jennings said. “But it’s all part of the game.”

GO PACKERS!

CaptainKickass
10-15-2010, 01:40 AM
If you have to have a coach's meeting to figure out how to get your #1 WR into the ballgame, I think it speaks poorly of the offensive minded head coach.

I thought something similar..

... similar

... similar

"Ooooh, a frickin' MEETING.

They had to have themselves all sat down in a conference room with some nice chairs, a nice projector - probably in HD too - maybe some sort of PowerPoint presentation, with charts and graphs and colored wheels, and hand outs too, yeah real paper handouts, fuck the trees! We're the Green Bay God Damn Packers, we got fucking handouts at this MEETING!

Now please, someone take all of this and tell us how the hell to get our #1 guy some catches and some points."

Tarlam!
10-15-2010, 02:30 AM
I keep going back to the thought that, despite Finley's blue chip talent, the game planning around him is too dominent and it has offended an otherwise tight-knit WR corps.

Uncharacteristc drops by DD, GJ not getting open are symptoms that "something is rotten in Denmark". They both made huge plays in the past, despite being double covered. Now the coaches meeting? Humbug.

They have playbook, all M3 needs to do is call GJ's number. It's a bit late in the season to be rewriting.

The way M3 entered this season reminds me of how Billy-Bob Thornton's character in Friday Nights lights did, and he is just as lost now that Boobie Miles is out, potentially for the season.

Fritz
10-15-2010, 09:37 AM

... similar

... similar

They had to have themselves all sat down in a conference room with some nice chairs, a nice projector - probably in HD too - maybe some sort of PowerPoint presentation, with charts and graphs and colored wheels, and hand outs too, yeah real paper handouts, fuck the trees! We're the Green Bay God Damn Packers, we got fucking handouts at this MEETING!

Now please, someone take all of this and tell us how the hell to get our #1 guy some catches and some points."

I don't understand this point of view at all. Don't coaches have meetings all the time for game planning purposes? And isn't trying to get Jennings the ball a part of game planning? Isn't meeting to determine what's working, what's not, and what to change all part of coaching? :?:

mraynrand
10-15-2010, 09:47 AM

... similar

... similar

I don't understand this point of view at all. Don't coaches have meetings all the time for game planning purposes? And isn't trying to get Jennings the ball a part of game planning? Isn't meeting to determine what's working, what's not, and what to change all part of coaching? :?:

Did you get that memo about getting Jennings more catches? If you could just TRY to remember to throw to him next game, that would be terrific....and I'll get you another copy of that memo....

http://nelswadycki.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/office-space.jpg

denverYooper
10-15-2010, 11:14 AM

... similar

... similar

Maybe everybody on the coaching staff had a hardon for the 2 TE sets. IIRC, they've run it ~40% of snaps. That makes sense because 88 has terrific hands, it makes the offense more flexible, and in theory it should generate favorable matchups for all of the other receivers. But now they're forced to look again at moving their #1 WR around to generate those matchups.

Cheesehead Craig
10-15-2010, 11:30 AM

... similar

... similar

Nice!

Guiness
10-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I keep going back to the thought that, despite Finley's blue chip talent, the game planning around him is too dominent and it has offended an otherwise tight-knit WR corps.

Uncharacteristc drops by DD, GJ not getting open are symptoms that "something is rotten in Denmark". They both made huge plays in the past, despite being double covered. Now the coaches meeting? Humbug.

They have playbook, all M3 needs to do is call GJ's number. It's a bit late in the season to be rewriting.

The way M3 entered this season reminds me of how Billy-Bob Thornton's character in Friday Nights lights did, and he is just as lost now that Boobie Miles is out, potentially for the season.

This expresses what I feel exactly. Even going back to the end of last season, I couldn't understand the love affair with getting Finley the ball.

They have a great WR corps, and this focus on Finley seemed to take away from its effectiveness

woodbuck27
10-16-2010, 08:33 AM

... similar

... similar

MM hasn't alot of imagination. He's a nervous coach IMO. Where's the damn fire in that man?

If you want to get GJ's some action. Call his number and throw him the ball on slants and watch him turn it up field or get ass thumped to the turf and maybe? get his bell rung. You don't allow that sort of talent to stew. He has to get into the game physically. Design plays for his specific gifts.

Slant Driver too. He had a bad game. Wipe it out because he's had plenty really decent one's. The deal is that MM has to mix it up. The way NFL systems work . His offensive game plan has to have some unpredictability, but he needs to go overall 'bread and butter' plays, and concentrate on winning the battle of the clock. He has to overall coach like he has a pair of balls and be straight ahead aggressive and he coach's too anal.

Keep the pedal to the metal. JUst pound away with 'O' as our 'D' is hurting right now.

The flip side is that TT and MM can have a real look at our teams depth. Take 2010 for an honest or straight up assessment and move it on up from there. Maybe we'll see it all come together later in this season. I hope for that but right n ow MM has to getr the morale back in the dressing room.

He does that by coaching aggrssively not like the worry fella I've seen.

Come on MM get into being a HC. Strap Em' on. :lol:

Tarlam!
10-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Where's the damn fire in that man?

He has to overall coach like he has a pair of balls and be straight ahead aggressive and he coach's too anal.

The flip side is that TT and MM can have a real look at our teams depth.

Agree with these comments 100%