PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 News

pbmax
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Jason La Canfora reported yesterday, the 10th that Finley has minor surgery and will be out 3 weeks.

I thought this was scheduled for today the 12th and Barnett was scheduled for Wednesday the 13th?

Never mind. Why read the newspapers, its on his Twitter, of course. http://twitter.com/JermichaelF88/status/27126215492

And then Jason corrected himself: http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/27052491052

Had surgery today, if Jason L at NFL Net is to be believed, he would be back for Dallas in Week 9.

mmmdk
10-12-2010, 09:55 PM
RB Aaron Stecker is being checked out by Packers but no signing is imminent.
Insurance if Starks ain't good to go?

ThunderDan
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM

Aaron lives down the road from me. I guess I'll go for a run tomorrow and ask him.

ND72
10-12-2010, 10:02 PM

could also be insurance to return kicks and punts so a Jordy Nelson or Tramon Williams don't get hurt.

pbmax
10-12-2010, 10:34 PM

could also be insurance to return kicks and punts so a Jordy Nelson or Tramon Williams don't get hurt.
Yep. And it fits nicely because he would be RB insurance. Not sure about punts though. Wasn't he exclusively kickoff returner for the Saints?

KYPack
10-12-2010, 10:38 PM

Aaron lives down the road from me. I guess I'll go for a run tomorrow and ask him.

You live in Middleton, TD?

Always liked Aaron Stecker. UDFA that played his way in and stayed in the league for years. He's 34, but I hope he makes it if anybody does. He was a FA several times and it would have made sense for GB to sign him. Let's give the guy a shot. We need all the help we can get. You bknow he'd bust his ass and avoid mistakes.

mmmdk
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM

Always liked Aaron Stecker. UDFA that played his way in and stayed in the league for years. He's 34, but I hope he makes it if anybody does. He was a FA several times and it would have made sense for GB to sign him. Let's give the guy a shot. We need all the help we can get. You bknow he'd bust his ass and avoid mistakes.

I don't know; Stecker was good and is now 34. If he's ready to un-retire with fresh legs then by all means. Iffy though.

KYPack
10-13-2010, 08:09 AM

Yep. And it fits nicely because he would be RB insurance. Not sure about punts though. Wasn't he exclusively kickoff returner for the Saints?

Hey, you found me.

I'm right here, honey baby.

ThunderDan
10-13-2010, 08:15 AM

No. I live in Verona (and have Madison services) but the part of the Town of Middleton that Aaron lives in is a lot closer to Verona and Madison than it is to Middleton proper.

pbmax
10-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Shields made it through a practice. Chillar made it through what Bedard said was a "trial practice".

Matthews will be held out all week and tested before the game.

Tauscher out at least this week possibly next. But second opinion reinforced belief he will be back sooner, rather than later.

Matt Flynn, hangnail. Out four to six minutes.

pbmax
10-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Thursday Practice from PackerRats wire services:

Chillar apparently did not respond well to yesterday's practice and was out of today

Pickett, Matthews and Tauscher were no go

Donald Lee is back practicing

Rodgers took majority of snaps in open practice - no guarantee

And because its been almost one full day with no new injuries, Mike Neal has a shoulder issue and was held out

Collins held out of practice as well

pittstang5
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
And because its been almost one full day with no new injuries, Mike Neal has a shoulder issue and was held out

Seriously?!?!?! What is going on? Something is rotten in the state of Wisconsin.

Joemailman
10-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Packers will probably have to play almost exclusively nickel if Neal can't go. They did that in Week 1, but they had Barnett and Chillar then. If Matthews can't go, this defense is just a shadow or what it was supposed to be,

woodbuck27
10-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the update fellas. :)

GO PACK GO !