PDA

View Full Version : D. Martin to IR, Francois to active roster

mission
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Greg_A_Bedard Greg A. Bedard
LB Francois signed to active roster, S Martin to injured reserve. #packers

That's great. At least our special teams won't get wors--- um...

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 10:27 AM
At this point, the best thing for ST (and the team) would probably be for the injuries to stop shuffling their personnel.

Patler
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Can they put Slocum on IR?

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 10:39 AM

:lol:

The only benefit I see from injuries is that maybe some needed personnel changes get made (e.g. Bulaga). Too bad that can't extend to the coaching staff...

TennesseePackerBacker
10-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Bedard also reporting that Finley is likely out for the year. So many hopes and dreams this season, ended by week 6.

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Bedard also reporting that Finley is likely out for the year. So many hopes and dreams this season, ended by week 6.

Yup.

Got more info on Finley. They discovered the lateral meniscus could be repaired, which is a longer recovery time but better long term.

Finley is out 8-10 weeks. Packers are deciding right now what to do. They knew he would be gone for about 4 weeks so they could wait.

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Finley is a playmaker but I still think we can do alright w/o him. He didn't break out until the end of last year and we still scored a lot. Grant's loss was a bigger hit for our O, IMHO.

If we lose Clay, OTOH, then I think you can say we're screwed.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-13-2010, 11:26 AM

What a season.......its unreal to have this many injuries.

mraynrand
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
If Finley can come back this year, you wait (NO IR). Packers only have three blue chip players: Rodgers, Finley and Matthews (woodson on the edge). They aren't going anywhere without all three. That's a good long-term prognosis for Finley though. Don't want to start down the road to a degenerative knee if you don't have to...

If NFL expands to 18 games, must have a flexible IR of 6-10 weeks...

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2010, 12:20 PM
What other team has ever been kicked in the nuts with injuries this hard? ESPECIALLY with this big of preseason expectations? With a lockout looming, we might never have a chance to see what this team could do. I have to say this is the most disappointing season in my life.

retailguy
10-13-2010, 12:21 PM
What other team has ever been kicked in the nuts with injuries this hard? ESPECIALLY with this big of preseason expectations? With a lockout looming, we might never have a chance to see what this team could do. I have to say this is the most disappointing season in my life.

I still remember 2002. It was worse. This one isn't over yet.

sheepshead
10-13-2010, 12:21 PM
What's worse if we tank this year, MM can point to injuries and we're stuck with him for a while.

retailguy
10-13-2010, 12:23 PM
What's worse if we tank this year, MM can point to injuries and we're stuck with him for a while.

We're stuck with him until Ted leaves, or someone sneaks into McCarty's office and steals the incriminating evidence that he has over Ted, that he obviously got from Slocum or Campen.

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM

2002 was bad, but i don't remember it being worse, especially not 5 games in.

pbmax
10-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, we had an announcer-less game, why not a Special Teams coachless game? They might improve.

CaptainKickass
10-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, we had an announcer-less game, why not a Special Teams coachless game? They might improve.

I'm all for trying anything if it helps!

retailguy
10-13-2010, 08:23 PM

We were 8-1 when the wheels fell off. I think it was worse, my expectations were sky high at that point. My expectations barely got off the ground, though honestly I believed we were Super Bowl bound. Now, the only way they get to go is if they buy a ticket. :(

Bossman641
10-13-2010, 11:04 PM

We were 8-1 when the wheels fell off. I think it was worse, my expectations were sky high at that point. My expectations barely got off the ground, though honestly I believed we were Super Bowl bound. Now, the only way they get to go is if they buy a ticket. :(

I'd say this year is worse because in 2002 we at least got to enjoy part of the season. This year it's like we never even had a chance to enjoy the year.

What always bugs me about 2002 is how people (announcers) made such a big deal out of Vick beating us at home in the playoffs. Anyone who followed the team knew that team was a shell of itself.

superfan
10-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Green Bay has a total of 20 players listed as Questionable or worse (doubtful, out, IR, PUP, suspended) for this week.

The Bears, Lions, and Vikings combined have 18 players that meet the above criteria.

Brutal.

League wide, there are a total of 318 players listed on the injury report or previously out (IR, etc). That's almost 10 per team. And the league wants an 18 game schedule?

The two healthiest teams are the 4-1 Atlanta Falcons and 0-5 San Francisco 49ers, with 4 injured players each.

Little Whiskey
10-14-2010, 06:47 AM
The two healthiest teams are the 4-1 Atlanta Falcons and 0-5 San Francisco 49ers, with 4 injured players each.

ist that interesting. a team with the best record and the team with the worst record both have the least amount of injuries. most media types picked the niners to win that division.

superfan
10-14-2010, 07:09 PM
ist that interesting. a team with the best record and the team with the worst record both have the least amount of injuries. most media types picked the niners to win that division.

I thought the same thing. Not sure exactly what that means, other than San Francisco has no excuse for their extremely disappointing start to the season.