PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Decision - Whattaya Do?

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 11:35 AM
The Packers have a lot of guys banged up right now. If you're the coaching staff, do you rest guys this week in need of some recovery (Matthews, Rodgers, etc) since it is an AFC game in hopes that you have these guys strong for the following week against the Vikes?

Or do you just go full steam ahead?

get louder at lambeau
10-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I think you handle the injuries in exactly the normal way, and evaluate each one separately. We could really use a win, but the players are dropping like flies. If we go to MN with a 4-2 record and they are 1-4 or 2-3, we are still ahead of them even if Faver and Moss pull out a win.

sheepshead
10-13-2010, 12:20 PM
This is dumb. If they can play, they play. They are the starters. If they cannot you play the back ups. How can we answer this without talking to the doctors?

retailguy
10-13-2010, 12:22 PM
This forum is full of experts that think they can answer this question. Undoubtedly quite a few of them would have no problems at all telling the doctor what he should be doing and why.

denverYooper
10-13-2010, 12:53 PM
This is dumb. If they can play, they play. They are the starters. If they cannot you play the back ups. How can we answer this without talking to the doctors?

How do you ever make any choices given any situation wherein you have imperfect information? You could assimilate your experiences and reason probabilistically based on that collection of information and which information within that sphere you deem important.

Since this is only an exercise in hypothetical strategy, you use your imagination to fill in those details that you feel you require and go from there because it means nada to the course of your reality.

I feel like you play your starters if they can go, but suppose that McKenzie tells McCarthy that there is a 35% chance Clay injures his hamstring worse if he plays Sunday. Then what do you do? Sure, he CAN play, but do they play him? Given that they held him out of Sunday's game, probably not.

sheepshead
10-13-2010, 01:27 PM
That means he cant play. Thats why theres 53 guys and a practice squad. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but thats reality. Some of those guys are pretty good. Sometimes a star is born from these scenarios.

sheepshead
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Brett Favre was a 3rd stringer. So was Kurt Warner. on and on

mraynrand
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
If the docs told me there was a decent chance the Claymaker gets hurt worse playing this weekend, I let him sit.

mraynrand
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
This forum is full of experts that think they can answer this question. Undoubtedly quite a few of them would have no problems at all telling the doctor what he should be doing and why. :roll:

woodbuck27
10-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Worst case..press them into service.

Simply go with what the medical expert says. The DOC rules !!

The really big game is coming up in two weeks when Minny arrives in Lambeau. You prepare ahead for that game by not risking any players LT health.

Fritz
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
That means he cant play. Thats why theres 53 guys and a practice squad. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but thats reality. Some of those guys are pretty good. Sometimes a star is born from these scenarios.

Kris Kristofferson.

Joemailman
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
If they feel that CMIII can play without re-injuring the hamstring you play him. If Rodgers gets the okay from the medical people, you play him. It might be different if the Packers were 5-0, but at 3-2 they need a win.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2010, 06:29 PM
If they feel that CMIII can play without re-injuring the hamstring you play him. If Rodgers gets the okay from the medical people, you play him. It might be different if the Packers were 5-0, but at 3-2 they need a win.Sounds good to me. A slowed down CM is better than a full speed Poppinga the way I see it. As long as Rodgers is not hearing shit or seeing double I say put him out there also.