PDA

View Full Version : Lift up your cup to 7-4 the rest of the year!

Tony Oday
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
5 games down 11 to go! we are 3-2 and have Hawkeye Pierce and Trapper John on Stand by for the MASH unit we have on the sidelines...I have seen despair akin to the Black Plague on this board and its time to shut up, drink your damn Koolaid or become a Vikings fan because they dont mind band wagon jumpers!

QB- AR is hurt...lets hope for not Long but Flynn is ready to step up for spot duty. 3 years in the system is more than enough to take over for a couple of games

RB- Jackson ran with a purpose last week and Kuhn can bash like Riggins. MM needs to call 20-25 runs per game and this will be good

WR- DD stop dropping the damn ball JJ is looking like a legit number 2 but he has had a couple of drops. GJ is not barely in the passing attack...MM he is NOT just adeep decoy, its called a slant staple of the west coast offense. Jordy has been dependable

TE- BASHED by injuries but that is the foresight to keep 4 TEs and Quarless will be a stud and take over where Finley left off

OL- Tauch could be done Bulaga played well. Clifton is a shell of his former self and needs to start playing like we know or think he can.

DL- Pickett banged up but Raji, Neal and Jenkins are getting it the F done!

LBs- Barnett is gone Hawk steps up, Chillar is coming back, CMIII needs to stay healthy and we have an elite pass rusher, Pop should some pass rushing ability and ZOMBO!!! What a name what a guy!

CB- Woodson STOP GRABBING ASS!!! he gets flagged and if he continues to do this he has to make more explosive plays to make up for it. T Will is studding it up out there and Harris will be our nickle when he comes back

S- Collins good year thus far and we need Peprah to step up and TAKE THIS FING JOB!!! Good plays yesterday except the one...but that is the life as a saftey.

P-We found one...only took 9 years but he is good

K-Crosby has a leg and a half but LOST US ANOTHER GAME WITH TWO MISSES...dont give me the crap about "ooh they were really far" blah blah blah. This kid NEEDS to make those at atleast a 50% clip and he is NOT doing that. I am on his bandwagon but its a rickety old horse and buggy and I want at least a nice truck!

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-13-2010, 12:50 PM
10-6 should be enough for a wild card this year. 7-4 the rest of the way looks really hard with the injuries and schedule though.......

Airin' Rodgers
10-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Honestly, 9-7 could be enough.

White 7-4 looks difficult, its definitely attainable. No one expected 7-1 (1 second away from 8-0) in the 2nd half last year.

All starts this sunday. I think this team will (finally) surprise us

mmmdk
10-13-2010, 12:53 PM
If Rodgers can't go then who's # 2 QB?

Packers won't go 7-4 rest of the way - sorry!

It's officially upset Bears & Vikings season - 80'ties style :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2010, 12:53 PM
"Lift your cup" isn't that what got Ol' Favre in trouble?

You know, maybe there's enough time left in the season for some of the young guys to grow FAST, sneak into the playoffs and make a run. If so, i hope they play here in DC so i can go!! The injury situation just doesn't seem fair with this high of hopes. I know life isn't fair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor? (paraphrased from Calvin & Hobbes)

Tony Oday
10-13-2010, 01:57 PM
OK I know we have injuries but what injuries do you think so derailed this season that it cannot be recovered? Finley? He is a TE that we have not had on the roster healthy for 16 games yet have we? Taucher? Hasnt Bulaga replaced him? Grant? Well that sucks but if Jackson can run with the one cut he is solid. Burnett? Rookie and we get Bigby back. Harris? he is coming back and TWill has looked solid in his stead. Barnett? Hawk looked good in his spot and Mr August looked tough as well. Chillar? Coming back this week or next. Pickett? He isnt out and Neal is playing VERY well.

Seriously tell me what injuries have hurt us so bad we cant recover? I would be surprised if we only go 7-4 the rest of the way:

6 Sun Oct 17, 2010 Dolphins 1:00 PM ET CBS WIN
7 Sun Oct 24, 2010 Vikings 8:20 PM ET NBC WIN
8 Sun Oct 31, 2010 @Jets 1:00 PM ET FOX LOSS
9 Sun Nov 7, 2010 Cowboys 8:20 PM ET NBC WIN
10 --- BYE WEEK ---
11 Sun Nov 21, 2010 @Vikings 1:00 PM ET FOX LOSS
12 Sun Nov 28, 2010 @Falcons 1:00 PM ET FOX WIN
13 Sun Dec 5, 2010 49ers 1:00 PM ET FOX WIN
14 Sun Dec 12, 2010 @Lions 1:00 PM ET FOX WIN
15 Sun Dec 19, 2010 @Patriots 8:20 PM ET NBC Loss
16 Sun Dec 26, 2010 Giants 4:15 PM ET FOX WIN
17 Sun Jan 2, 2011 Bears 1:00 PM ET FOX Win to lock up the divison

imscott72
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
We're just fortunate that the NFC sucks donkey balls this year. Sure we'll reel off some wins, but we're going to lose some tough ones too like we already have. Now that the backups are starters, the depth is gone. The team will wear down by December.

Fritz
10-13-2010, 02:47 PM

You know, maybe there's enough time left in the season for some of the young guys to grow FAST, sneak into the playoffs and make a run. If so, i hope they play here in DC so i can go!! The injury situation just doesn't seem fair with this high of hopes. I know life isn't fair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor? (paraphrased from Calvin & Hobbes)

I think it was the taking of pictures of what was under the cup and sending them to women that got him in trouble.

retailguy
10-13-2010, 03:18 PM
What would suggest that we can beat the Falcons & Giants right now? Also, since we barely beat the Lions at home, how can you be so confident we'll beat them in detroit?

I agree with your general premis that it isn't time to give up, but realistically 7-4 might be optimistic, at least considering how we've played so far.

mraynrand
10-13-2010, 03:30 PM
What would suggest that we can beat the Falcons & Giants right now? Also, since we barely beat the Lions at home, how can you be so confident we'll beat them in detroit?.

These games were already worrisome, with ATL and the Giants playing well, and the Lions giving us all we could handle without Stafford....

The way the Giants took apart the Bears was startling.

vince
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
5 games down 11 to go! we are 3-2 and have Hawkeye Pierce and Trapper John on Stand by for the MASH unit we have on the sidelines...I have seen despair akin to the Black Plague on this board and its time to shut up, drink your damn Koolaid or become a Vikings fan because they dont mind band wagon jumpers!
http://globalfreeenergy.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Munich-oktoberfest.jpg

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
its gonna take more beer than oktoberfest can provide!

Patler
10-13-2010, 04:22 PM
K-Crosby has a leg and a half but LOST US ANOTHER GAME WITH TWO MISSES...dont give me the crap about "ooh they were really far" blah blah blah. This kid NEEDS to make those at atleast a 50% clip and he is NOT doing that. I am on his bandwagon but its a rickety old horse and buggy and I want at least a nice truck!

Crosby:

40-49 yards - 2/3 in 2010; 20/30 in his career so far.
50+ yards - 2/3 in 2010, 10/20 in his career.

So what's your complaint? :lol:

Maybe you would like to revise your criteria!

Little Whiskey
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM

Crosby:

damn you patler!

Joemailman
10-13-2010, 04:33 PM
What would suggest that we can beat the Falcons & Giants right now? Also, since we barely beat the Lions at home, how can you be so confident we'll beat them in detroit?

I agree with your general premis that it isn't time to give up, but realistically 7-4 might be optimistic, at least considering how we've played so far.

That's really the key. Driver and Jennings need to start playing up to their preseason press clippings. Tauscher and Clifton need to start playing like solid veterans, or sit down and let Bulaga and Lang play. Charles Woodson needs to stop committing penalties, and thereby lead by example. McCarthy needs to show some faith in the running game. This team showed last year they can get up off the floor when people are counting them out, but you have to make changes happen. They don't just happen by themselves.

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2010, 04:44 PM

I think it was the taking of pictures of what was under the cup and sending them to women that got him in trouble.

Put the mouse back in the house.

Bretsky
10-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I'll tip a glass to 10-6; I can see that happening

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-13-2010, 05:33 PM

That could be enough to win the NFC north. I don't see the Vikings winning more than 10 and Bears are really not that good. I see them falling apart soon.

ThunderDan
10-13-2010, 06:16 PM

That's really the key. Driver and Jennings need to start playing up to their preseason press clippings. Tauscher and Clifton need to start playing like solid veterans, or sit down and let Bulaga and Lang play. Charles Woodson needs to stop committing penalties, and thereby lead by example. McCarthy needs to show some faith in the running game. This team showed last year they can get up off the floor when people are counting them out, but you have to make changes happen. They don't just happen by themselves.

+1

MadtownPacker
10-13-2010, 06:24 PM
This kool-aid has been sitting in the sun and dont taste very good. In fact it taste like 4-7 more than 7-4. Gonna be tough for sure. The schedule pretty much comes down to beating the rest of the NFCN teams. Those AFC East teams are gonna be tough. The ones against the giants and falcons wont come easy either.

Tony Oday
10-13-2010, 06:31 PM

Crosby:

In wins this year he is 4/4 in FGs with one over 50 yards in losses he is 1/3 in long kicks...so that is my complaint :) and 0/1 on a game winner...not all on his head for SURE we shouldbe able to score TDs!

Tony Oday
10-13-2010, 06:34 PM
This kool-aid has been sitting in the sun and dont taste very good. In fact it taste like 4-7 more than 7-4. Gonna be tough for sure. The schedule pretty much comes down to beating the rest of the NFCN teams. Those AFC East teams are gonna be tough. The ones against the giants and falcons wont come easy either.

I will slap you...

DRINK!!!!
:glug:

MadtownPacker
10-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I will slap you...

DRINK!!!!
:glug:
Ok but it's so bitter.....

http://mimg.ugo.com/201008/57458/cuts/yellow-snow-cone_288x216.jpg

pbmax
10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
What would suggest that we can beat the Falcons & Giants right now? Also, since we barely beat the Lions at home, how can you be so confident we'll beat them in detroit?.

These games were already worrisome, with ATL and the Giants playing well, and the Lions giving us all we could handle without Stafford....

The way the Giants took apart the Bears was startling.
I was thinking about the Bear O versus the Packers compared to the Giants. At this point, the D line with Jenkins, Raji, Neal and OLB to be named later might be a better pass rush than any two OLBs and safety/CB they can throw at the opposing O. I wonder if Capers will stay with three lineman in pass rush more often with Matthews hurting.

Tony Oday
10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
MADTOWN!!!! (voice of Mr Wilson yelling at Dennis the Menace!)

MadtownPacker
10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
MADTOWN!!!! (voice of Mr Wilson yelling at Dennis the Menace!)For those that dont know what the hell is going on..

Warning: Dont be stupid and play this at work, even if you are White.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmn0GAUStso&feature=related

pbmax
10-13-2010, 07:03 PM

The Giants lost to an underperforming Indy team and the Titans. There best win was the Bears in NY. Beating the defenseless Texans, eh.

Atlanta is harder to knock down but in the last two wins, they let Cleveland hang around all game (and won by 10 on the road). They beat Coach Intensity by 2 points at home.

Nothing that the Packers should be shaking in their boots about. The Packers injury report alone might win 1 out of 2.

Tony Oday
10-13-2010, 11:26 PM
we are the green and gold we win...

mraynrand
10-13-2010, 11:43 PM
. At this point, the D line with Jenkins, Raji, Neal and OLB to be named later might be a better pass rush...

That's been a real bright spot. If they can continue to generate pressure with Matthews, it could cover a lot of sins in a slower ILB and backups in the secondary. I thought for sure that WA would be able to take advantage of Cooley against Bishop, but they really didn't.

mraynrand
10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
. The Packers injury report alone might win 1 out of 2.

good copy

AtlPackFan
10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't see them getting to my original prediction of 9-7. More like 7-9 or maybe 8-8. I don't see them beating the Falcons, Giants or Detroit @ Detroit.

bobblehead
10-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Crosby:

I'm a crosby fan, but my complaint is that he has missed 4 straight game winners (I think its 4 now). He made his first one as a rookie and hasn't hit one yet.

Yes, they have been tough ones. Yes he has a bionic leg. Yes I am still a fan, but he has to make more game winners....even the 53 yarders.

PS....why didn't we run one more offensive play in regulation? 3 yards in an up the gut run would have been the difference.

bobblehead
10-14-2010, 10:39 AM
I think this week is going to be a huge win if we can pull it off. We need to limp into the viking game at 4-2 with Harris back and bigby back, but if I am a guessing guy I think we rest anyone who is borderline against miami to try and be as ready as possible for the Vikings. If we lose to miami but beat the queens we are 4-3 with a division win. That is better than 4-3 with a division loss.

Knowing that BF has a sore elbow (gee, who didn't work out this offseason again?) and realizing that beating the queens might be a knockout blow to them, I want Claymaker and Chillar healthy in that game. I want Pickett 100%. I want to beat miami, but beating the queens is step one to winning the division. Step two is the bears coming down to earth and then punking them at the end of the season.

Rest everyone who needs it against miami, then be ready to KO the queens. Maybe we get lucky and beat the 'phins with Flynn and the backup band.

Little Whiskey
10-14-2010, 10:40 AM
PS....why didn't we run one more offensive play in regulation? 3 yards in an up the gut run would have been the difference.

naaaa he hit the upright. high on the upright mind you. they needed to get the ball to the other hash mark.

denverYooper
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM

naaaa he hit the upright. high on the upright mind you. they needed to get the ball to the other hash mark.

I've heard the sound of that football hitting the upright all week -- DONG! He drilled that sonofagun good.

(not talking about the sexting chatter, either, that was the actual sound it made...)

woodbuck27
10-14-2010, 11:08 AM
6 Sun Oct 17, 2010 Dolphins 1:00 PM ET CBS
7 Sun Oct 24, 2010 Vikings 8:20 PM ET NBC
8 Sun Oct 31, 2010 @Jets 1:00 PM ET FOX
9 Sun Nov 7, 2010 Cowboys 8:20 PM ET NBC
10 --- BYE WEEK ---
11 Sun Nov 21, 2010 @Vikings 1:00 PM ET FOX
12 Sun Nov 28, 2010 @Falcons 1:00 PM ET FOX
13 Sun Dec 5, 2010 49ers 1:00 PM ET FOX WIN
14 Sun Dec 12, 2010 @Lions 1:00 PM ET FOX
15 Sun Dec 19, 2010 @Patriots 8:20 PM ET NBC
16 Sun Dec 26, 2010 Giants 4:15 PM ET FOX
17 Sun Jan 2, 2011 Bears 1:00 PM ET FOX Win to lock up the divison[/quote]

I cannot tell which team wins a matchup. It's anyone's guess.

But looking at it from the standpoint of now. That remaining schedule is rough given our injuries and status of Aaron Rodgers and fact he got his Bell rung.

In the NFC the Vikings and Lions are going to get better and the BEARS are better.

The JETS, FALCONS, GIANTS and PAT's are Elite Teams. To determine 'a guess' as to how we'll do is a waste of time. :D

Tony Oday
10-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Go take you unfounded cynicism elsewhere!

Eli Manning and the Giants suck and are in a tough division
Atlanta?! We will destroy them.
NE no deep threat or running game.
The Lions!? Really the Lions will beat us? You are a moron for this pick, not a moron in real life you seem cool, but this pick could be made by Chunk in the Goonies!
MN is a fing MESS. Favre will not finish the season and their secondary couldnt stop a JV squad.
the Bears are clicking but they have Cutler...that should be enough for them to come back down to earth.

This team has not lost that much to injuries as everyone is complaining about. Really where is the huge drop off? TT built a solid fing roster that can handle some set backs

mraynrand
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM

The Lions!? Really the Lions will beat us? You are a moron for this pick, not a moron in real life you seem cool, but this pick could be made by Chunk in the Goonies!
MN is a fing MESS. Favre will not finish the season and their secondary couldnt stop a JV squad.
the Bears are clicking but they have Cutler...that should be enough for them to come back down to earth.

This team has not lost that much to injuries as everyone is complaining about. Really where is the huge drop off? TT built a solid fing roster that can handle some set backs

u tell 'em!!!

denverYooper
10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
For me the injuries are making for a bit more relaxing Packers experience. It was more frustrating seeing our talent-laden superbowl-favorite team come out and play flat for the majority of the season so far and let "inferior" teams back into games that they've led by 10 or more.

The injuries have relaxed those expectations somewhat and maybe have gotten some guys on the field who are hungry and maybe more talented than we realize. So now, for me, the season becomes a little more exciting than frustrating. Who steps up? Somebody's (or many are) going to. Does this solidify them more as a team than just as a collection of talents, a la the '01 Pats? 10-6 is a definite possibility and would be a treat. If they don't, hey, every team suffers a down year due to injuries and this is their time. They still have a great group of guys and a deep team that looks to be ready for a good few years.

Love this team!

:cow: :cow: :cow:

AtlPackFan
10-14-2010, 01:34 PM

I take it that tirade was directed at me. I have been called a lot of things...cynical moron is a new one. :)

1. I live here in ATL and watch this team. They are better than you are giving them credit for.
2. How much did we beat Detroit by at HOME???
3. I don't believe the Giants suck. Are they Great? No, but they don't suck.
4. NE is at home and I believe that gives them the edge.

I still think this team...the way they are playing...is closer to 7-9 or 8-8 than they are to 10-6. I guess McCarthy could pull his head out of his playcalling ass and this team could start playing like the team everyone expected but I don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. So, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

And I won't call you a kool-aid chugging moron for not seeing my point of view. :wink:

Tony Oday
10-14-2010, 03:07 PM

I take it that tirade was directed at me. I have been called a lot of things...cynical moron is a new one. :)

1. I live here in ATL and watch this team. They are better than you are giving them credit for.

I still think this team...the way they are playing...is closer to 7-9 or 8-8 than they are to 10-6. I guess McCarthy could pull his head out of his playcalling ass and this team could start playing like the team everyone expected but I don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. So, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

And I won't call you a kool-aid chugging moron for not seeing my point of view. :wink:

You are calling me a kool-aid chugging moron!!! BAN THIS MAN!!! ;) hehe

You are wrong. Flat out wrong. If this team goes LESS than 10-6 Ill cheer for the bears in the playoffs.

AtlPackFan
10-14-2010, 03:32 PM

You are wrong. Flat out wrong. If this team goes LESS than 10-6 Ill cheer for the bears in the playoffs.

My favorite team is the Green Bay Packers followed by whoever is playing the Favre-led Vikings. So, if they play the Bears in the playoffs, then I am cheering for the Bears too! :lol:

That ain't happening of course. Your correct...Minny is a dysfunctional mess and I too doubt Favre is able to play the whole rest of the way.

superfan
10-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Packers are currently 3rd in the NFC in points scored and 7th in points allowed. They are only one game behind the NFC leading Bears and Falcons in terms of record, and they have lost two road games by a total of 6 points to the aforementioned Bears and 3-2 Redskins, a .700 combined winning percentage for those two teams. No shame in that.

Statistically speaking they are well positioned for a possible playoff run.

Injuries will be key to the remainder of the season. The team is slightly underperforming preseason expectations, but not drastically. The sky is not falling.

vince
10-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Superfan I don't mean to be following you around but everywhere I look you're bringing it with solid facts and logic. Informative and much appreciated.

woodbuck27
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Superfan I don't mean to be following you around but everywhere I look you're bringing it with solid facts and logic. Informative and much appreciated.

Optimism and sound analysis. Preperation.

That's why Superfan is 'ripping it' this season in the Pro Pick'em. He's 'the man'. I would venture to say that at this time. There isn't a more successful Pro analyst in all of the NFL sites, then our guy, Superfan.

An amazing record to date. A Packerrat.

Kudos. :)

GO PACKERS!

MadtownPacker
10-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Packers are currently 3rd in the NFC in points scored and 7th in points allowed. They are only one game behind the NFC leading Bears and Falcons in terms of record, and they have lost two road games by a total of 6 points to the aforementioned Bears and 3-2 Redskins, a .700 combined winning percentage for those two teams. No shame in that.

Injuries will be key to the remainder of the season. The team is slightly underperforming preseason expectations, but not drastically. The sky is not falling.So could it be coaching that is the issue?

How you doing BTW.

superfan
10-15-2010, 10:49 PM

Sorry, vince, I'll try to get back to the basics and focus more on bitching and complaining than analysis. "We'll get that fixed." :wink:

Optimism and sound analysis. Preperation.

That's why Superfan is 'ripping it' this season in the Pro Pick'em. He's 'the man'. I would venture to say that at this time. There isn't a more successful Pro analyst in all of the NFL sites, then our guy, Superfan.

An amazing record to date. A Packerrat.

Kudos. :)

The Pick'em success has been more luck and instinct than anything, very little prep work. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. If I was actually betting on those picks that record would probably be reversed. That's usually how it goes - as soon as you think you have it figured out and put money on the line, the luck turns on you.

So could it be coaching that is the issue?

How you doing BTW.

Doing relatively solid, nice to see you around here again.

I don't think the relatively disappointing 3-2 record can be blamed directly on coaching, or any other one thing for that matter. When the point differential is only 3 points, there are dozens of things that could be identified that, if they had gone differently, could have made a difference in the outcome.

Bears - James Jones fumble in the 4th quarter that magically sat about a foot from OB without going out. Team record 18 penalties, perhaps the most damaging was Burnett's PI on the final drive. Blocked FG. Giving up a punt return TD. Awful pass protection by the OTs. Failing to convert a turnover into points. Failing to hold the Bears to a FG at the end of the half. TD pass to Finley wiped out due to holding penalty on Tauscher.

Redskins - Two missed FGs, the last one by a matter of inches. Interception in OT. Losing Finley, Lee, Pickett, Matthews. Dropped passes. Three second quarter drives that combined totaled 10 plays and -1 yards. Failing to cause a turnover. Failing to convert on 4th down at the Washington 1 yard line. Converting 2 of 13 3rd downs. Failing to stop 3rd and 18 on the 2nd quarter drive that ultimately lead to a Washington FG.

Rewatching the games would probably produce even more factors that ultimately contributed to defeat. Not to mention injuries to Harris and Grant - having those guys healthy should result in at minimum a 3 point swing.

Some of these issues could certainly be attributable to coaching - such as lack of commitment to running game, penalties, poor special teams, and some questionable play calling and challenges. But there are too many other factors, and too narrow margins of defeat, to hang it all on the coaches.

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Some of these issues could certainly be attributable to coaching - such as lack of commitment to running game, penalties, poor special teams, and some questionable play calling and challenges. But there are too many other factors, and too narrow margins of defeat, to hang it all on the coaches.

I agree it's hard to place everything that's happened on the coach. They're 3-2. Could easily be 5-0. Or 1-4. Yet if they were 5-0, MM would be no better a coach than he is at 3-2. He's put this team in a position where they had a chance to win every week. Some things, like fumbles and field goal attempts that hit the uprights a coach cannot control.

Nice sig. Any idea who Harv was referring to?

superfan
10-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Really like this:

...They're 3-2. Could easily be 5-0. Or 1-4. Yet if they were 5-0, MM would be no better a coach than he is at 3-2. He's put this team in a position where they had a chance to win every week. Some things, like fumbles and field goal attempts that hit the uprights a coach cannot control.

Being in a position to win every week is about all that can be reasonably expected. The head coach in particular seems to get too much credit for success and too much blame for losses, in any sport.

What if Cowher was on the sideline for the two losses this year? Would the outcomes have been any different? Impossible to say. Pretty certain there would have been more of a commitment to the run game, thus completely changing the flow of the games. But the guy standing on the sideline has absolutely zero impact on whether Jones fumbles or holds on to the ball, or Crosby hits his last FG an extra foot to the right.

I think the only way to really evaluate coaching is to look at trends over time. In that regard a case can be made against McCarthy and his staff in regards to penalties and challenges, and Slocum in regards to special teams. And we had plenty of film back in the day to get a decent idea of Schotty's skills as a coach, or lack thereof.

Nice sig. Any idea who Harv was referring to?

BJack. I believe it also could be an accurate description of SkinBasket.

The Leaper
10-15-2010, 11:49 PM
So far, we are finding it difficult to win on the road...and we have quite a few tough opponents left on the road. While I don't think 7-4 is impossible, I'm guessing it would be slight odds.

9-7 will make the playoffs in the NFC this year, so Green Bay only needs to go 6-5 the rest of the way to earn a playoff spot IMO (while hoping that the Redskin loss doesn't come back to haunt us in terms of tiebreakers).

The Leaper
10-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Thompson's steady hand in acquiring talent put this team in a position where they had a chance to win every week.

Fixed.

Sorry...but McCarthy getting outcoached in the 2nd half by other coaches who make far better halftime adjustments isn't putting us in a position to win. The fact that our roster is vastly more talented top to bottom that most teams we will play is what gives us that chance.

McCarthy is a mediocre coach...and his record against teams with a record similar or better than his team's bears that out. He can beat the pansies (Buffalo, Lions) but gets kicked in the teeth by teams with smarter head coaches and at least respectable talent (Bears, Redskins).

Joemailman
10-16-2010, 12:20 AM
So far, we are finding it difficult to win on the road...and we have quite a few tough opponents left on the road. While I don't think 7-4 is impossible, I'm guessing it would be slight odds.

9-7 will make the playoffs in the NFC this year, so Green Bay only needs to go 6-5 the rest of the way to earn a playoff spot IMO (while hoping that the Redskin loss doesn't come back to haunt us in terms of tiebreakers).

Last year it took 10-6 in the NFC to make it. I suppose 9-7 is possibly enough to make it because the worst teams in the NFC aren't as bad as they were last year. Therefore, the records of the top teams may not be as good. If it does come down to 9-7 though, tie-breakers may well come into play. The Packers can't afford many more NFC losses.

Tarlam!
10-16-2010, 03:24 AM

Sorry, vince, I'll try to get back to the basics and focus more on bitching and complaining than analysis. "We'll get that fixed." :wink:

Geez, that made me laugh! BOMNF!!!!

Fritz
10-16-2010, 08:54 AM
"Sorry, vince, I'll try to get back to the basics and focus more on bitching and complaining than analysis. "We'll get that fixed." Wink"

Your pad level is too low. Come on now. Can't you play with a higher pad level like the rest of us street FA signings?

woodbuck27
10-16-2010, 09:15 AM

Well that's a wee tad extreme isn't it? Cheering for da Bears is really tossing yourself into the cave.

If MM doesn't pull his head out of his ass and straps on what he has to work with he'll lose the dressing room.

He has to design his game plans to utilize what he has. What TT has allowed him. He has to engineer an offensive attack that utilizes a running game and sets up the pass. Too much pass means clock control for any team that has a decent running game.

Either that or he continues the pass happy offense and pours thaton for most of the plays and goes then with a wish and a prayer. Until he runs into a real team with a real 'D' and he gets walloped. Aaron Rodgers gets picked.

WE can scream play calling all day long, but at the end of the day we win only iif OUR OL can make our offense work on the ground. Clock control! It's now a wait and see for our 'D'. So 'pour on the offense' for the entire game and if the running game is working stay with that to get inside 'the Red Zone'. We need to control the clock more. We need faith in our running game or TT has to do something to fix that, next season.

This is a wait and see season. Lofty projections of us and Super Bowl doesn't see that done or make it happen.

TT and MM have to make that happen. I'm not seeing it and I want to see moves that give that a REAL chance. As fans lets try to get real. :)

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
10-16-2010, 09:28 AM

Injuries will be key to the remainder of the season. The team is slightly underperforming preseason expectations, but not drastically. The sky is not falling.So could it be coaching that is the issue?

How you doing BTW.

Not good Mad.

It's been one MF crazy year to date 'just relying' on pure analysis. That should work and it hasn't to date. I believe it will come back to that but I'm getting out of touch early....but still time as my goal is at least TOP TEN.

Superfan is heads and shoulders out there over by far most so called EXPERT analysts to date. He's got some magic recipe that noone else has. The real deal. I've watched his results over five seasons and he's been banging on the door and finally he's the man. :)

Noone will touch Superfan in our Pro Pickem this season. That's not the real deal. There can be 'only'one champion. Everyone else has to look at their position and have faith that will improve. It's TOP TEN baby! That's where you wanna be.

I'll be there when the smoke clears, Mad. That... or my head shaking will set up looking forward to next season. :)

Tony Oday
10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
well 7-3 the rest of the year :)

mmmdk
10-17-2010, 03:32 PM

:lol:

I say 3-7 rest of the way - bet on it.

Tony Oday
10-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Well I am a fan and actually cheer for my team to do well and am optimistic in my outlook

Joemailman
10-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Pretty good chance they get Matthews, Pickett and Neal back next week. The season can still be salvaged, but the offense needs to get in gear.

MJZiggy
10-17-2010, 03:51 PM

Well I am a fan and actually cheer for my team to do well and am optimistic in my outlook

I am always optimistic about my boys. I can't even bring myself to choose against them in pick 'em.

mmmdk
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM

I am always optimistic about my boys. I can't even bring myself to choose against them in pick 'em.

That's sweet! :hug:

Tony Oday
10-25-2010, 04:07 PM
4-3!!! Only 6 more wins until we lock up the North.

Fritz
10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I am making the following observation not about any particular rats poster, but about a kind of Packer poster I have found on a couple of sites:

I find that some posters seem to revel in cynicism and bitterness. Those posters get angry and stay angry at the first signs of the team's distress, and after some bad performances they are downright wallowing is self-righteous anger. Then, like last year after the Dallas game, they slowly disappear from the site until the team loses another big game or loses in the playoffs.

Those types of fans seem to actually enjoy the anger, the bitterness, the losses that prove they are right, after all.

But if you think about it, only one team a year gets to win the Super Bowl, so those posters who enjoy Packer Schadenfreude probably get more joy from most seawsons than the posters who root root root for the home team to win, and suffer when they don't.

I've thought about joining their ranks, but it's even more satisfying to jump off the bandwagon at every loss, then jump back on after a big win. Then I get to be right all the time - as long as nobody bumps any threads where I was wrong.... :oops:

Lurker64
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Then I get to be right all the time - as long as nobody bumps any threads where I was wrong.... :oops:

The secret here is mutually assured destruction. If someone starts bumping the threads where you were wrong, then you can respond by bumping the threads where they were wrong. Just try to avoid being wrong the loudest.

Tony Oday
10-25-2010, 05:01 PM
See I criticize the team but I really dont see a lot of bad with the Packers...the ingredients are there just need to find the correct mixture

Tony Oday
10-31-2010, 03:29 PM
5-3 only need 5 more wins for the North!!!!

Tony Oday
11-09-2010, 12:50 AM
6-3 only 4 more wins!!! GO PACK GO!!!

Fritz
11-09-2010, 07:06 AM
mmmdk could still be right. Pack goes 0 - 7....

OR it could be anything in between. It's weird how much this is starting to feel like last year: a team on the brink that fights back with a huge win that jump starts them for the rest of the season.

Let's hope the rest of the regular season plays out in this narrative.

mraynrand
11-09-2010, 08:11 AM

OR it could be anything in between. It's weird how much this is starting to feel like last year: a team on the brink that fights back with a huge win that jump starts them for the rest of the season.

Don't ever do that again

mmmdk
11-09-2010, 11:26 AM

When am I ever wrong?

mmmdk
11-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I also predict that Packers will never ever win a Super Bowl with McCarthy as head coach - gotta keep the mojo going :D

packers11
11-09-2010, 11:29 AM
man, Im wishing they kept JF still... imagine him back in the playoffs... this team can still go all the way but with JF there it makes it a lot easier...

superfan
11-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Bump.

The original poster posted this when GB was 3-2. That would mean from this point GB would have to go 3-3 to finish 10-6.

Tony Oday, you are such a pessimist. :)

Tony Oday
11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
I know huh :) ah 7-3

ThunderDan
11-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Bump.

The original poster posted this when GB was 3-2. That would mean from this point GB would have to go 3-3 to finish 10-6.

Tony Oday, you are such a pessimist. :)

Pretty similar to a thread from last year where a lot of PackerRats had to eat a lot of crow!

Tony Oday
11-26-2010, 12:00 PM
wonder how the crow is tasting? :)

Guiness
11-26-2010, 12:09 PM
salty

I wasn't all doom and gloom, but after the Chicago and Miami games, I wasn't terribly optimistic either!

swede
11-26-2010, 12:10 PM
man, Im wishing they kept JF still... imagine him back in the playoffs... this team can still go all the way but with JF there it makes it a lot easier...

I was a believer in '96. I simply didn't see any NFC team that could beat that team playing its best.

I like this team, but, without JF and Grant, Lady Luck would need to be along for the ride.

Tony Oday
11-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I was a believer in '96. I simply didn't see any NFC team that could beat that team playing its best.

I like this team, but, without JF and Grant, Lady Luck would need to be along for the ride.

In CMIII & AR you should trust...we are winning the Super Bowl in the year Favre retires AND winning it in Dallas...

Guiness
11-26-2010, 12:37 PM
In CMIII & AR you should trust...we are winning the Super Bowl in the year Favre retires AND winning it in Dallas...

Holy Shit!

I hadn't put all that together. That's some kind of kismet there...

I think I'm going to like the new Dallas stadium a lot better than the old one!

Tony Oday
11-26-2010, 01:51 PM
The ONLY missing link is beating the Bears to get to the superbowl...just saying :)

Fritz
11-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, Tone, when you started this 7-4 thread a lot of people - maybe even me? - were disdainful or laughing. But look at you now! You go!

Tony Oday
12-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Looking like a 11-5 or 10-6 year!!! GO PACK!

Tony Oday
12-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Well that sucked...but hey only need 2-1 to get to the 10-6 mark...we can beat any team out there including the Pats with AR...I think MM will AGAIN pare down the playbook and that will make the packers better on offense! GO PACK GO!

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Let's get the party going! I'll start then...

His name is Stubby and he dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when he shines he really shows you all he can
Oh Stubby, Stubby dance across the Rio Grande

Tony Oday
12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Let's get the party going! I'll start then...

His name is Stubby and he dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when he shines he really shows you all he can
Oh Stubby, Stubby dance across the Rio Grande

well you are wrong but thats OK you are European you are used to it ;)

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 06:40 PM

LOL

Bretsky
12-13-2010, 06:40 PM
If we fall one game short I hope Crosby misses a 55 yard field goal that game so you can vent on him all off season :)

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 06:43 PM
If we fall one game short I hope Crosby misses a 55 yard field goal that game so you can vent on him all off season :)

Oh he will miss it ! And then some short 'uns ! :wink:

mmmdk
12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Since Packers smashed the Vikings they've been playing solid football.

Tony Oday
12-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Flynn gets us on track and we beat the Pats on a Crosby blocked kick that we recover and return for 6 with 38 seconds left....write that down :)

Airin' Rodgers
12-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Flynn gets us on track and we beat the Pats on a Crosby blocked kick that we recover and return for 6 with 38 seconds left....write that down :)

38 seconds? Too much time for Brady to rip apart our defense :)

Tony Oday
12-16-2010, 03:43 PM
38 seconds? Too much time for Brady to rip apart our defense :)

Oh he isnt playing by this time because Jezel told him he has to come home or his allowance is cut off...

Tony Oday
12-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Its a 2 game season now!!!! GO PACK GO!

vince
12-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Anything can happen, but it's very hard to see the Bears, with everything to play for, losing to the Vikings with a rookie who's been training to be a receiver at QB.

It's a 1 game season. If they don't beat the Giants it's over.

Tony Oday
12-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Anything can happen, but it's very hard to see the Bears, with everything to play for, losing to the Vikings with a rookie who's been training to be a receiver at QB.

It's a 1 game season. If they don't beat the Giants it's over.

and the Pack with EVERYTHING to play for lost to the Lions...The Vikes have NEVER lost at the Bank ;) GO PACK GO!

mmmdk
12-23-2010, 05:20 AM

...and then history faces the Stubster (aka Stubby or Squibby); Squibster had to win out or Europe would rule the world again! :lol:

Party on...

Wild Stubby never lose it
Wild Stubby never chose this way
Wild Stubby never close your eyes
Wild Stubby always shine

denverYooper
12-23-2010, 10:11 AM
...and then history faces the Stubster (aka Stubby or Squibby); Squibster had to win out or Europe would rule the world again! :lol:

Party on...

Wild Stubby never lose it
Wild Stubby never chose this way
Wild Stubby never close your eyes
Wild Stubby always shine

I am thoroughly impressed with your tenacity and creativity. Most people who hate McCarthy trot out the same tired old lines but you manage to keep it fresh and entertaining.

mmmdk
12-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I am thoroughly impressed with your tenacity and creativity. Most people who hate McCarthy trot out the same tired old lines but you manage to keep it fresh and entertaining.

Thank you, I truely mean that 'cos my own repetitive rants would even tire myself.

bobblehead
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Holy Shit!

I hadn't put all that together. That's some kind of kismet there...

I think I'm going to like the new Dallas stadium a lot better than the old one!

Okay, revamp it now. We win the superowl in the year Favre's streak ended (and career), IN DALLAS, beating the Bears back to back in week 17 and wildcard weekend. that should cover tony's follow up post.

Tony Oday
12-27-2010, 07:29 PM
One more game folks!!! GO PACK GO!!!

Tony Oday
01-03-2011, 01:17 PM
10-6 baby!!! GO PACK GO!!!!

Tony Oday
01-03-2011, 01:19 PM

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/fixedgearchemist/picture0003.jpg

Eat up!

Fritz
01-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Tony Oday knows all!

Tony Oday
01-03-2011, 01:23 PM

Your reward for having faith :)

http://theskinnyposter.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/lucy-pinder-white-bikini-wet-in-pool.jpg?w=299&h=330

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Lift your cup to 4-0 the rest of the way!

mmmdk
01-04-2011, 12:47 PM
LOL - I actually predicted a 10-6 season yet in week 5 I wasn't impressed. I'll eat bird alright but let it be: EAT EAGLES

Willard
01-04-2011, 12:56 PM
LOL - I actually predicted a 10-6 season yet in week 5 I wasn't impressed. I'll eat bird alright but let it be: EAT EAGLES
Save some room in your belly for some falcon, seahawk, and raven: the first all-bird super bowl run!

Fritz
01-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Thank you, Tony. That is breathtaking! and my cup was not the only thing lifting up when I saw that beautiful woman's picture.

vince
01-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Your reward for having faith :)

http://theskinnyposter.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/lucy-pinder-white-bikini-wet-in-pool.jpg?w=299&h=330
Post of the Week!

HarveyWallbangers
01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Post of the Week!

Agreed. I had to look her up. I had never heard of Lucy Pinder. I'm getting old. :)

Tony Oday
01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Agreed. I had to look her up. I had never heard of Lucy Pinder. I'm getting old. :)

Never heard of her either but she looks....smart....

HarveyWallbangers
01-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Bump. Just for Lucy Pinder.

http://thedoabilityscale.com/wp-content/gallery/lucy-pinder/lucy-pinder-tits-out.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qrmD8jCqKjE/TRDs4twCsQI/AAAAAAAANJI/OTue6JZLykg/s1600/lucy-pinder-full-monty-8.jpg

Bretsky
01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Bretsky
01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
p.s. WHERE DO I FIND THE HANDS AND OTHER EMOTICONS ??

Tony Oday
01-05-2011, 12:01 AM
I cant wait until we win this week so we get another girl :)

vince
01-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Bretsky, you have to click the "Go Advanced" button and you'll find the emoticons.

pbmax
01-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Never mind, Vince got it.

vince
01-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Tony Oday for PackerRats Fan of the Year!

Tony Oday
01-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Two more games baby!!!

http://www.eatliver.com/img/2008/3247.jpg