PDA

View Full Version : Merriman done in San Diego

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-13-2010, 10:35 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/13/shawne-merriman-is-done-in-san-diego/

Tarlam!
10-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I can see him trying out for a few teams, when healthy, especially playoff teams that are decimated.

MJZiggy
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I can see him trying out for a few teams, when healthy, especially playoff teams that are decimated.

Like ours?

retailguy
10-14-2010, 07:02 PM

Like ours?

we don't sign veterans. :wink: I hear Detroit has a LB opening, he's got a better shot there. :P

digitaldean
10-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I'd give him a shot, but overall he hasn't done much since he's been off the juice.

woodbuck27
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
WOW! That fella. Zoom! and CRASH!!

Too bad.

packerbacker1234
10-14-2010, 10:34 PM
If healthy, with how decimated our LB core is, it wouldn't be bad to see if he still has something. A player with a chip on his shoulder along with talent is dangerous. Could be a nice upgrade over Jones on the outside. That is, if he has anything left without roids.

KYPack
10-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Does that Tia Tequila chick have to leave town, too?

Fritz
10-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Does that Tia Tequila chick have to leave town, too?

I believe Brandon Underwood is offering her a tryout.

3irty1
10-15-2010, 07:41 PM
He'll catch on in MN. Its a perfect fit--he's more of a 4-3 DE anyways and in MN you're allowed to juice.

ThunderDan
10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
From Packers11:
3-4 OLB that can generate pressure, although he is coming off a major injury, him at 70% would be a major upgrade at the OLB pass rushing spot.

Thoughts???

What do you think it would take to get him? 2nd and 3rd?

From Scott Campbell:
I'd give up Kampman for him, and then pray hard that he regains his form. But I don't know if San Diego would be interested.

From Fritz:
Kampman and a third in exchange for Shawne Merriman, his performance-enhancing drugs AND masking agents, and the rights to Tila Tequila's next reality show plus an occasional "show" between Tila and female friend, performed specifically for me and a friend of my choice whose name is Bretsky.

From Partial:
Would trade for Merriman in a second. I'd offer a two right now... Maybe even a #1. He's hurt so he won't be super effective this year, but he is a rare pass rushing talent. Matthews and Merriman on the edges would look really nice going forward!!!

From Brando19:
They were bashing Merriman on Sirius NFL Radio this morning. One host called him soft while the other said he's a below average linebacker since his injury and they don't know if he'll regain his form.

I believe he will. I would not give up Kampman...but I would offer a 2nd round pick.

From red:
merriman is a shell of his former self and its not because of an injury

the guy wasn't looking good after he got busted for roids and before the injury

i don't know if he'll ever return to form without the juice

From skinbasket:
I'd give them a 4 and their choice of Deshawn Wynn, Bigby, or Poppinga.

From me:
Merriman isn't worth a 4th right now. He had a knee injury last year and we are seeing how well Barnett is doing for us. Why do we need another?

The only upside in trading for Merriman might be next year when he is a 1+ year after the injury.

The above was from 2009 when SM was on the "trading block."

This is a prime example of why not to trade for players other teams are willing to deal.

Fritz
10-15-2010, 09:04 PM
From Packers11:
3-4 OLB that can generate pressure, although he is coming off a major injury, him at 70% would be a major upgrade at the OLB pass rushing spot.

Thoughts???

What do you think it would take to get him? 2nd and 3rd?

From Scott Campbell:
I'd give up Kampman for him, and then pray hard that he regains his form. But I don't know if San Diego would be interested.

From Fritz:
Kampman and a third in exchange for Shawne Merriman, his performance-enhancing drugs AND masking agents, and the rights to Tila Tequila's next reality show plus an occasional "show" between Tila and female friend, performed specifically for me and a friend of my choice whose name is Bretsky.

From Partial:
Would trade for Merriman in a second. I'd offer a two right now... Maybe even a #1. He's hurt so he won't be super effective this year, but he is a rare pass rushing talent. Matthews and Merriman on the edges would look really nice going forward!!!

From Brando19:
They were bashing Merriman on Sirius NFL Radio this morning. One host called him soft while the other said he's a below average linebacker since his injury and they don't know if he'll regain his form.

I believe he will. I would not give up Kampman...but I would offer a 2nd round pick.

From red:
merriman is a shell of his former self and its not because of an injury

the guy wasn't looking good after he got busted for roids and before the injury

i don't know if he'll ever return to form without the juice

From skinbasket:
I'd give them a 4 and their choice of Deshawn Wynn, Bigby, or Poppinga.

From me:
Merriman isn't worth a 4th right now. He had a knee injury last year and we are seeing how well Barnett is doing for us. Why do we need another?

The only upside in trading for Merriman might be next year when he is a 1+ year after the injury.

The above was from 2009 when SM was on the "trading block."

This is a prime example of why not to trade for players other teams are willing to deal.

My God, I look like a genius! Hell, I'd still make that trade today! Tila Tequila and a female friend performing for me and Bretsky?? Hell yeah! Then we wouldn't care so much when another Packer would go down with an injury!

superfan
10-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I miss Partial's enthusiastic talent and trade evaluations. At that time he was 100% onboard with what would have been Merriman for Bulaga.

3irty1
10-16-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a really hard time saying he's got nothing left in the tank. At one point this guy was the best and he's only 26. Roids helped, injury hurt, but it wouldn't shock me to see him put up 10 sack season somewhere else. I still think his best fit is as a pass rushing DE. You can live with his flaws at LB when he's leading the league in sacks since you can rush him every single down but if he's going to get a 2nd chance somewhere it should be as a 4-3 DE where he'll only be asked to do things he's good at.

Tarlam!
10-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Well, I will be looking at Cushing this seaon. If he turns soft, then we know the cause of Merriman's decline.