PDA

View Full Version : Barnett on IR; Montgomery comes back

Badgerinmaine
10-15-2010, 11:01 AM
This should probably be sponsored by Bellin Health, like the radio broadcasts.
Nick Barnett is now officially on injured reserve, and former Packer Michael Montgomery is coming back:
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-Sign-DE-Montgomery-Place-LB-Barnett-On-Injured-Reserve/2dd3eb8e-82fa-438e-b94c-5256f7da19ff

Derrick Martin went on the IR earlier this week: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-Sign-Francois-To-Active-Roster-Place-Martin-On-IR-Sign-Two-To-Practice-Squad/626c2f1e-1574-4a8a-920d-2eda627e67d2

Rough season on the injury list. I can't remember this many players on IR this early anytime recently.

pittstang5
10-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Montgomery? Michael Montgomery?!?!? Really...He's still around.

Really?!?! That's all they could find? Come on!

get louder at lambeau
10-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Montgomery? Michael Montgomery?!?!? Really...He's still around.

Really?!?! That's all they could find? Come on!

A veteran who has played in Capers system seems like a decent rent-a-player until Pickett and Neal get over their injuries to me. It's not like they're on IR.

Patler
10-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Doing this on Friday, and bringing an experienced player like Montgomery back now, makes me think they are quite concerned about Neal's availability for Sunday.

pbmax
10-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Doing this on Friday, and bringing an experienced player like Montgomery back now, makes me think they are quite concerned about Neal's availability for Sunday.
Yep.

Patler
10-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Yep.

Montgomery, Wynn, Wilson.
Which one will start?

pbmax
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Yep.

Which one will start?
Wynn. They need a LDE and Monty played RDE in his camp, I think. Wilson has, by the accounts I have read, shown ability but also demonstrated he is not yet ready for primetime.

get louder at lambeau
10-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Yep.

Which one will start?
Wynn. They need a LDE and Monty played RDE in his camp, I think. Wilson has, by the accounts I have read, shown ability but also demonstrated he is not yet ready for primetime.

The Packers.com depth chart has Wilson above Wynn, for what it's worth. Wynn also couldn't make the original roster, but Wilson did.

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Neal did not practice today, other than jog-throughs. Montgomery was there in time for practice. MM PC starts shortly.

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Jenkins, Raji, and Wilson were the only healthy DL. Maybe they forgot about Wynn--or he's injured also.

Patler
10-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Yep.
Which one will start?

This could be bad. The D-line rotation this week might include a starter who wasn't on the team at the start of the year, a one-armed starter, a reserve who isn't ready to play, another reserve who hasn't practiced or played for over a month, and BJ Raji.

The LB rotation might include two second string starters 3 UDFAs as reserves, Hawk and Jones.

A UDFA nickel back, or any of a couple disappointments at nickel.

One hobbling safety starting and another starting who you would prefer to be the #4 safety.

Tony Oday
10-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah but against Miami we have to worry about 1 WR and Tramon can take him with Collins. Running game which Hawk and Bishop are more suited towards :)

I like it!

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Rodgers is probable, Neal and Pickett are questionable, Matthews is doubtful, Chillar out, Collins probable.

mraynrand
10-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah but against Miami we have to worry about 1 WR and Tramon can take him with Collins. Running game which Hawk and Bishop are more suited towards :)

I like it!

http://www.exercisesnetwork.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/d4c7f_lisafrank2.jpg

hoosier
10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
http://cagle.com/working/080220/brookins.jpg

imscott72
10-15-2010, 01:28 PM

I like it!

Miami's run game is very stout. I'm not sure we have the horses to stop it. Megatron was the only WR we had to worry about against Detroit too and he still scored. Obviously the offense is going to have to be in top form this week. For the WHOLE game.

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM

I like it!

Miami's run game is very stout. I'm not sure we have the horses to stop it. Megatron was the only WR we had to worry about against Detroit too and he still scored. Obviously the offense is going to have to be in top form this week. For the WHOLE game.

Actually, Miami's run game, for whatever reason, has been very average. Like the Packers, they are averaging 107 yards a game on the ground. However, whereas the Packers' 4.7 YPC ranks 6th, Miami's 3.9 YPC averages 18th.

pbmax
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Yep.

Which one will start?

The Packers.com depth chart has Wilson above Wynn, for what it's worth. Wynn also couldn't make the original roster, but Wilson did.
Yes, and Wynn was inactive last week. But it was my impression that Wilson was kept to protect him and not expose him to waivers. I could easily be wrong. Wilson might be getting his LDE snaps this week since Pickett has not practiced.

Guiness
10-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Montgomery was sitting at home, was he? I don't even know who we have on the ps for DL, but it says something that we call him off the couch as opposed to making a call-up. Although, if it's a one week deal, he might be a better choice, having starting experience.

What seems to be the continuing hold-up with Neale? Just not getting better?

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Neal has a different injury. Now it's a shoulder. Before it was ribs/side or something to that effect.

TennesseePackerBacker
10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Let's hope we don't need much of a pass rush this week.

Tarlam!
10-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Seems to me that this is a decision to keep Finley on the roster until he's healthy, too. Maybe the Neal injury forced their hand a bit.

mmmdk
10-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I have Montgomery's autograph :D Thought y'all would like to know. :wink:

Patler
10-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Seems to me that this is a decision to keep Finley on the roster until he's healthy, too. Maybe the Neal injury forced their hand a bit.

Unless and until their hand is forced again. Right now it sounds like Chillar, Tauscher and Finley are out. Likely Pickett and Mathews, too. Maybe Lee and Neal. That's seven. Newhouse and McDonald are guys they want to keep, but not play.

If anyone else gets hurt, or if Rodgers is at all questionable so they might need another QB (Harrell), their options are down to releasing someone they want to keep, or putting Finley on IR.

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Lee and Rodgers are listed as probable, so they're probably okay for now. Pray for no more serious injuries on Sunday. Hopefully, they pull out a win Sunday, and then get Matthews, Neal, Pickett and Chillar back for the Vikings game.

Fritz
10-15-2010, 07:43 PM
This is what I'm hoping. Does this mean that either or both Newhouse and McDonald will have to be game day active?

Is Robert Francois about peeing his pants right now?

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 08:09 PM
This is what I'm hoping. Does this mean that either or both Newhouse and McDonald will have to be game day active?

Is Robert Francois about peeing his pants right now?

Right now? I doubt it. He might be relaxing in his apartment, maybe out having a beer. Probably not peeing his pants unless he's had way too much beer.

Fritz
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Sounds like he's pretty relaxed for a guy who will be playing special teams in the NFL on Sunday for the first time.

Don't you think he's at least dribbling?

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Don't wanna know.

Fritz
10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Dammit, Joe, this is a football thread and that was a football question!

Well, maybe it was a basketball question.

Never mind.

pbmax
10-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Yep.

Which one will start?

McGinn has Wilson getting the start since he is stouter against the run.