PDA

View Full Version : No Fun League lives on

Guiness
10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Just read that TO got fined $5K for tweeting too close to game time. Apparently, one hour before the game, he announced that he would give a signed ball to a fan in the stands wearing his jersey number.

I'm sure there's a reason for that rule...

sheepshead
10-15-2010, 01:52 PM
I like the marketing idea. I can also see the wisdom in some silence during and around game time.

mraynrand
10-15-2010, 02:06 PM
I like the marketing idea. I can also see the wisdom in some silence during and around game time.

If only my wife would abide by that principle.

denverYooper
10-15-2010, 02:13 PM

Hey-yo!

sheepshead
10-15-2010, 02:54 PM

HAAAA. Yup, I have to remind some that "it's not background noise."

TennesseePackerBacker
10-15-2010, 02:55 PM

Damn facebook. I read that comment and wanted to "like it". No wonder I held out so long in getting one :doh:

Smidgeon
10-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Just read that TO got fined $5K for tweeting too close to game time. Apparently, one hour before the game, he announced that he would give a signed ball to a fan in the stands wearing his jersey number.

Well, they did fine him $20k less than they did to Ochocinco for the same infraction. Although Chad's wasn't so philanthropic...

Guiness
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM

Well, they did fine him $20k less than they did to Ochocinco for the same infraction. Although Chad's wasn't so philanthropic...

Saw that. He tweeted during the game. A preseason game though.

Tarlam!
10-16-2010, 03:51 AM
It's kinda schizophrenic. On the one hand, Goodell wants to open new markets and tap into new clientel. He figures, the American Male market is pretty well maxed out so he targets women and teens, not to mention Europe.

So, the most avid users of Facebook are teens, and players that actually service that clientel get fined.

Bert will seemingly get away with behaviour that alienates most women.

Germany had 4 NFLE teams, The Netherlands 1, England none. Count 'em NONE.

So where does the NFL choose to showcase it's product? Yeah, London.

And don't get me started on PI and Tuck rules and other garbage rules. That certainly services the diehard male football fan.

The target setting by Goodell seems realistic enough, but the strategy and implementation are way off, IMHO.

Fritz
10-16-2010, 08:50 AM
It's kinda schizophrenic. On the one hand, Goodell wants to open new markets and tap into new clientel. He figures, the American Male market is pretty well maxed out so he targets women and teens, not to mention Europe.

So, the most avid users of Facebook are teens, and players that actually service that clientel get fined.

Bert will seemingly get away with behaviour that alienates most women.

Germany had 4 NFLE teams, The Netherlands 1, England none. Count 'em NONE.

So where does the NFL choose to showcase it's product? Yeah, London.

And don't get me started on PI and Tuck rules and other garbage rules. That certainly services the diehard male football fan.

The target setting by Goodell seems realistic enough, but the strategy and implementation are way off, IMHO.

I definitely mis-read the above portion of your post the first time, Tar.

Tarlam!
10-16-2010, 09:02 AM

I definitely mis-read the above portion of your post the first time, Tar.

No you didn't. Sigmund Freud built a career around people like you! :wink: