gbpackfan
04-10-2006, 02:33 AM
FREE AGENCY

Sign:

CB - Charles Woodson or Ahmed Plummer
LB - Barrett Green
DE - Lance Johnstone

TRADES

Trade WR Javon Walker to Denver for WR Ashlie Leslie and a 4th round draft choice.

Trade 4th round draft choice to Cleveland for C Jeff Faine.

Trade down in round 2 (36) to the 10-13 (42-45) spot and pick up an extra 4th round selection.

*Denver would have to obtain a 4th on or before draft day to complete the trade.

2006 NFL DRAFT

Round 1 (5) - LB AJ Hawk - Mario will probably be gone and we need an IMPACT player.

Round 2 (42) - G Davin Joseph - Will not go in the 1st round, trust me. But will be a starter from day 1. Pro Football Weekly believes he is the perfect fit for a zone scheme. Let’s get this O-line fixed NOW!

Round 3 (67) - CB/WR/KR Devin Hester - Will immediately electrify our special teams. When is the last time we had a difference maker returning kicks. Can also add a dangerous wrinkle to the offense. Very exciting potential!

Round 4 (104) - Best RB available. Jerious Norwood or DonTrell Moore or Leon Washington. Productive Backs who can come in on third downs.

Round 4 (106) DE - Victor Adejanjo - Fast DE who has a ton of upside. Chases plays down and never gives up. Right now more of a speed pass rusher but has skill set to be an every down DE.

Round 5 (139) - WR Jonathon Orr - Big, tall and fast. Underachieved at Wisconsin but could be a perfect fit in MM’s west coast offense.

Round 5 (165) - DT Johnathon Jolly - He is 6'2" and anywhere between 310 and 330 depending on which draft site you look at. Jolly is a big, run stuffing DT who explodes off the snap. He tends to wear down but with our DT rotation, he seems to be a perfect fit. Jolly is the type of player who will eat up blockers, exactly what Sanders’ D calls for!

Round 7 (253) - QB Brett Elliot - Small school prospect out of Linfield College. Broke a ton of records and has a cannon for an arm. Pro Football Weekly writes “Utah transfer could fit in West Coast Offense.” Low risk, high reward.

NOTE*********

If Mario is available, my draft would look like this:

1. M. Williams instead of AJ Hawk
2. D. Joseph
3. Thomas Howard or Jon Alston instead of Devin Hester
4. Best CB available (Maybe Marcus Maxey or John Walker)
5-7. Stays the same.

Some Undrafted Free Agents the Packer should / are looking at -

K - Josh Huston, Steve Gostkowki or Connor Hughes -

Which ever K grades out the best.

DL/OLB - Adam Roberts (Cinn.) - Situational pass rusher, special teamer.

Ht: 6-2 Wt: 254 40: 4.69 Year: 4Sr

Bio: Two-year starter used at both defensive tackle and end. Senior totals included 50/12.5/6 after 32/5.5/1.5 as a junior.

Pos: Quick, explosive lineman with potential as a rush linebacker. Plays with good pad level, fluid moving laterally and immediately changes direction. Fast off the edge, flashes on the scene and rarely off his feet. Effective playing in space.

Neg: Under-sized for defensive tackle, swallowed up at the point or handled by tight ends.

Analysis: Out of position on the interior defensive line, Roberts displays enough pass rushing ability to get a look.

G - Tyler Reed (Penn State) -

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 300 40: 5.35 Year: 5Sr

Bio: Moved in with the first team as a sophomore and started the past three years.

Pos: Hard-working blocker with marginal athletic skills. Quickly engages opponents and displays explosion at the point of attack. Patient, plays with an exceptionally wide base and anchors in pass protection. Gets good fits on linebackers at the second level and is a solid position blocker.

Neg: Not a true finisher and gets minimal movement from run blocks. Lacks overall range and footwork in space.

Analysis: A leader of the Penn State offensive line the past two years, Reed makes the most of his abilities.

DT - Sir Henry Anderson - (Oregon State) - Called a “lane clogger” by PFW

Ht: 6-4 Wt: 306 40: 5.25 Year: 5Sr

Bio: Three-year starter and All-Conference selection as a senior after totaling 35/11.5/4.5.

Pos: Developing tackle displaying major improvement the past two years. Quickly gets off the snap with a nice first step, plays with good pad level and fluidly moves down the line of scrimmage. Powerful and slices to the inside making plays on ball carriers.

Neg: Slow shedding blocks once engaged at the point. Has a history of injuries. Makes poor choices off the field.

Analysis: A lineman with terrific natural abilities, the light may have finally
gone on.

DEPTH CHART - Just to show depth at any given position. Not to show who is a starter and who will make team.

DEFENSE

DE
KGB
A. Kampman
L. Johnstone
M. Montgomery
Victor Adejanjo

DT
C. Cole
Peterson
C. Jenkins
R. Pickett
John Jolly
D. Washington
Henry Robinson

LB
N. Barnett
AJ Hawk
B. Taylor
B. Green
R. Thomas
R. Manning
B. Popps (pup list for first 6 weeks)

CB
A. Harris
C. Woodson
A. Carroll (N)
M. Hawkins (D)
J. Horton
Devin Hester

S
M. Manuel
N. Collins
M. Roman
Underwood

OL
C. Clifton
S. Wells
J. Faine
Davin Joseph
M. Tausher
J. Coston
A. Klemm
S. Wells
W. Whittaker
K. Barry
C. White

QB
B. Favre
A. Rodgers
Brett Elliot

RB
A. Green
N. Davenport
S. Gado
Jerious Norwood

FB
W. Henderson
V. Leach

WR
D. Driver
A. Leslie
R. Gardner
R. Ferguson
M. Boerigter
Jonathon Orr
C. Lucas

TE
B. Franks
D. Martin
D. Lee
G. Cross

SPECIAL TEAMS

K - Steve Gostkowski or Billy Cundiff or Dave Raynor
P - Jon Ryan
PR - Devin Hester
KR - Devin Hester and Jerious Norwood

oregonpackfan
04-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Interesting choices. It is apparent you have put a considerable amount of research into the draft candidates.

For the record, the Defensive Tackle out of Oregon State is Sir Henry "Anderson" not "Robinson" as you list.

I feel your description of his abilities and weaknesses is accurate. Because of his size and strength, he can clog up the middle. Don't look for him to be a pass rusher. He showed considerable improvement his last 2 years. Anderson did have a couple of off the field incidents which suggested he has maturity issues.

Definitely, he would be a late round pick rather than a middle round pick.

Oregonpackfan

Charles Woodson
04-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Hmm... Couple of comments.

1. On Devin Hester- I live in miami, and of course have watched the canes all through the season. And yes i understand that the opposing teams plan is to shut down hester, but i dont think he is amazing. Id take him in the 4 but not 3- also if u look at his corner stats u can easily tell he is not good there. Id like to take willie reid the pr/kr from FSU in the 4th

2. On the RB. I havent heard of any of the other running backs that you have listed but Leon washington will be a decent 3rd down back in the nfl. HE hurt his draft stock alot this season, and didnt get to play as much as lorenzo booker, but when leon was in, he was powerfull and effective. Leon may be a little undersized but other than that, i like him.

Charles Woodson
04-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Devin Hester Kickoff, punt return stats Vs. Willie Reid

Kickoff
Devin Hester Jr 10 7 113 0 16.1

Punt
Player CLG NO YDS TD AVG

Devin Hester Jr 10 22 312 1 14.2

Kickoff
Willie Reid Sr 10 8 145 0 18.1

Punt Returns
Player CL G NO YDS TD AVG

Willie Reid Sr 10 31 541 3 17.5

20. Willie Reid Florida St. 5-10 1/2 188 4.34

18. Devin Hester Miami (FL) 5-10 5/8 190 4.45

Charles Woodson
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
In my oppion... i think reid is better. Hes actually faster in the 40 by a decent time than hester. He also had good avg. I will be happy if we draft ethier of these players, but i like Reid the most.

gbpackfan
04-10-2006, 03:48 PM
In my oppion... i think reid is better. Hes actually faster in the 40 by a decent time than hester. He also had good avg. I will be happy if we draft ethier of these players, but i like Reid the most.

I wook look closer at Reid for my next edition. I am feeling that a lot of people don't like Hester, I will make a switch if the trend continues.

gbpackfan
04-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Hmm... Couple of comments.

1. On Devin Hester- I live in miami, and of course have watched the canes all through the season. And yes i understand that the opposing teams plan is to shut down hester, but i dont think he is amazing. Id take him in the 4 but not 3- also if u look at his corner stats u can easily tell he is not good there. Id like to take willie reid the pr/kr from FSU in the 4th

2. On the RB. I havent heard of any of the other running backs that you have listed but Leon washington will be a decent 3rd down back in the nfl. HE hurt his draft stock alot this season, and didnt get to play as much as lorenzo booker, but when leon was in, he was powerfull and effective. Leon may be a little undersized but other than that, i like him.

1. Hester will not be there in the 4th. So if we want him, we would have to grab him in the third. I am looking into Willie Reid further. Thanks for the suggestion.

2. Jerious Norwood and DonTrell Moore are ranked higher, on a lot of boards, then Leon Washington. Both are productive backs with great attitudes who would come in and do anything they were asked to do. I would be happy with any of the three.