PDA

View Full Version : Family night is on the NFL network right now :)

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Sorry you poor cable people :(

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
hehe Barnett just goosed the PA announcer :)

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2006, 09:30 PM
JSO live blog said Collins went down for a few minutes. He did run off the field. Anybody know if he's alright?

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Driver is in midseason form. The team came out and ran the ball a bunch with mixed success. They weren't getting shutdown and they weren't getting big gains. Martin dropped the ball and then caught a couple. Brett looks the same as always. Had Martin drop one and Gardner missed a tough on the sideline, but also completed about five. He completed a bomb to Driver in double coverage. Threw a TD to Driver also. Hodge has been in on a few plays.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Hodge seems to be almost everywhere on that firs tone. Guards looked good Coston not so good. Hawk was playing zone thats it no plays.

Driver looked like Driver looks just good. Martin CATCH THE BALL!!! hehe. Gado look decent herron looked better.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 09:40 PM
our 1st team defense does not look sharp at all. If Rogers had the 1st team offense her would be destroying our defense.

Fosco33
08-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Driver is in midseason form. The team came out and ran the ball a bunch with mixed success. They weren't getting shutdown and they weren't getting big gains. Martin dropped the ball and then caught a couple. Brett looks the same as always. Had Martin drop one and Gardner missed a tough on the sideline, but also completed about five. He completed a bomb to Driver in double coverage. Threw a TD to Driver also. Hodge has been in on a few plays.

Brett underthrew the miss to Gardner (on the sidelines) before getting the bomb completed to Driver in double coverage.

Gado is looking just average - had one run for like 6-7 yrds but the rest have been just running into pile-ups.

Hodge has been everywhere and is aggressive which nice rolling tackles and a good dead weight twist.

Always good to see a Lambeau Leap by Driver :cool: Gotta watch those celebrations now...

cpk1994
08-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry you poor cable people :(
Only those that live outside Wisconsin. :smile:

Fosco33
08-05-2006, 09:47 PM
our 1st team defense does not look sharp at all. If Rogers had the 1st team offense her would be destroying our defense.

Hawk was easily picked up on his blitz attempt - and he's wearing sleaves - I though he was a bare arms kinda guy.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't say Hodge has been everywhere. This is where things get blown out of proportion. He's made about 3 tackles. They ran two plays at him and he made decent tackles. He also made a tackle after giving up a completion to Martin. I hardly think the second team offense is manhandling the first team offense. They can barely get a first down. Rodgers' stats are probably terrible, but he's had like 4 drops. He actually looks pretty good to me. Pretty accurate with zip. I wasn't a fan of the drafting of him, but the more he plays, the more I like him.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Rogers is looking good. Agreed about the stats but man these WR are dropping everything. Second O line looks good. Collins just got hurt. not good looks like and elbow but nothign too bad running off the field now.

Hodge was all over his spots is that better? he played well at the point of attack and played well in coverage.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Does Herron look quick?

Is the DL stacking the middle and/or penetrating the OL?

What's Woodson doing? Is he even playing? Ahmad Carroll? Marviel Underwood?

How about Jennings and/or Ruvell Martin?

Fosco33
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
JSO live blog said Collins went down for a few minutes. He did run off the field. Anybody know if he's alright?

He ran and slipped into the wall - looks like he just had the wind knocked out of him...

Rodgers decision making has been interesting so far - on blitz pickup and throw aways - heaving it up or risking int grounding.

Even the refs are getting in on the action - when Martin railed over him no the sidelines :mrgreen:

Tony Oday
Herron looks fast had a decent run.

Martin jumped to early on a long ball by rogers could have had a nice w\reception. Just got a catch and good run. about 30 yards.

Woodson not playing.

Carrol one good play. Was one of the CBs covering DD on the long catch. no penatlties ;)

D line not doing its job in the passing game. Running game they seem to be stacking the line will look at them a little harder.

Lee dropped one but has been playing solid since.

Joemailman
Ruvell Martin just had a nice catch and run. If the last WR spot is between him and Boerigter, Martin has the early lead.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 09:56 PM
TD for Boerigter!!!! that is where he needs to make the plays!!!

Fosco33
08-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Does Herron look quick?

Is the DL stacking the middle and/or penetrating the OL?

What's Woodson doing? Is he even playing? Ahmad Carroll? Marviel Underwood?

How about Jennings and/or Ruvell Martin?

Herron is looking decent - he's been getting to the zone spot and making some good cuts.

1st team DL has been getting a little push on 2nd OL forcing quick throws by Rodgers. Woodson isn't playing. Underwood has been involved in a couple plays but missed a pick attempt.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Im liking Rogers nice little Favre of old run there :) He is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Number 96 just got BURNED by that play fake!

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 10:01 PM
here come the punts!!!!!

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 10:05 PM
So is Jennings a rookie this year? No are you sure? I think we may have just signed a vet and put him in Jennings jersey!!! He is smooth. Nice grab.

COSTON YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gardner looking good as the plays go on.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
HOLY GADO!!!!!!!! Followed the blockers and flattened the defense. College turned his guy out of the play nice move.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
LOL jennings even does the Irvin push off like a pro ;)

Fosco33
08-05-2006, 10:10 PM
LOL jennings even does the Irvin push off like a pro ;)

That one was a little too obvious...

Joemailman
08-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Jennings looks physically stronger than I would have thought. Take it easy on Coston. He's learning a new position. Not his fault we don't have a backup LT.

outflow
08-05-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm delayed on the DVR. Yes my cable has NFL Network.

Rodgers looks good! I wasn't expecting his throws to be on this much. For the most part he's putting the balls where he needs to. He definently looks the part at this first stage of season 2.

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Hopefully brett will learn to stop throwing into double and triple coverage.

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 10:18 PM
The K game looks average at best :sad:

Fosco33
08-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Rodgers threw an INT in the 2nd on 2nd two-min drill on a nice play by the D.

Hodge just had another big hit - the loudest of the day so far. Put his head right in the guys chest - and boom right at him. I like this guy!

wist43
08-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Initial impressions are pretty positive.

Some of the new players who stood out are: Jennings, Hodge, and Corey Rodgers.

At a glance, Colledge looked OK, but OL play takes time to digest and evaluate - have to look at the tape.

Hawk looked like he was thinking too much, and was generally slow to react. Understandable as he missed most of the OTA's and mini-camps.

Montgomery looked OK, i.e. he seemed to be a little quicker and stronger last year - in spite of the report in the JS that said he hasn't gotten bigger and stronger in the offseason.

Jason Hunter showed good quickness off the edge, but once Tauscher locked on, Hunter wasn't able to disengage or redirect. Hunter has a chance though - he showed pretty well.

The practice seemed fairly well paced, and everyone seemed to have a reasonable grasp of their assignment... that's a credit to McCarthy.

Things generally looked good.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Herron looks fast had a decent run.

Martin jumped to early on a long ball by rogers could have had a nice w\reception. Just got a catch and good run. about 30 yards.

Woodson not playing.

Carrol one good play. Was one of the CBs covering DD on the long catch. no penatlties ;)

D line not doing its job in the passing game. Running game they seem to be stacking the line will look at them a little harder.

Lee dropped one but has been playing solid since.

Thanks Tony.

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Did Pickett play ton :? ight

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Receiver Robert Ferguson also was scratched for what the team described as "personal" reasons.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Jennings looks physically stronger than I would have thought. Take it easy on Coston. He's learning a new position. Not his fault we don't have a backup LT.

Have they tried Daryn Colledge at LT tonight? His natural position.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 10:36 PM

Hodge just had another big hit - the loudest of the day so far. Put his head right in the guys chest - and boom right at him. I like this guy!

I predict that Abdul Hodge will be a beauty for us after he gets some real game experience. What a steal he was, IMO.

Tony Oday
08-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Pickett didnt do anything impressive at all however will have to look at the TiVo to hone in on him to see if he was clogging the line.

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Hopefully fergy can be scratched from the season :D

Fosco33
08-05-2006, 10:41 PM

I predict that Abdul Hodge will be a beauty for us after he gets some real game experience. What a steal he was, IMO.

Some guys just have 'the thing' that you need to be a good NFL linebacker - the persona of a big hitter and someone who runs threw the tackle. He wants it - badly. It has been positive so far and better than Hawk - but it is really early.

I'll be at the Charger game next weekend - I can't wait to see it in person. I'm encouraged :cool:

outflow
08-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Receiver Robert Ferguson also was scratched for what the team described as "personal" reasons.

I didn't look for him...or miss him.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2006, 10:51 PM
My impressions from what I saw from the couch. I won't even pretend I saw enough to evaluate the DL or OL. Other than Coston getting schooled by KGB on a couple of plays (I'm assuming they'd double a pass rusher like KGB in the regular season if Coston was out there), I thought Colledge looked pretty solid. Generally, the run game didn't get entirely shut down or dominate. Same with the pass rush. There was some pressure, but not constant pressue.

QBs
Favre looked solid. I don't see a dropoff. Other than a pass in double coverage to Driver that Driver caught for 40-50 yards, he looked good. Didn't force a lot of balls.

I don't know what the stats showed, but I thought Aaron Rodgers looked good. He can make all of the throws. He's got good escapability. The likes of Francies were dropping all kinds of balls, but the more I see of Rodgers the more I like. He reminds me a little of Tom Brady--good escapability, good accuracy, and a better arm than I thought he had. This coming from a guy who hated the Rodgers selection last year.

HBs
Both Gado and Herron had their moments. I don't think either will be stars, but they are both professionals. I thought Herron looked a little better tonight, but Gado has more upside--big and fast.

WRs
Jennings looks like he's more advanced than most rookies, but I wouldn't say he looked like a stellar athlete. You don't watch him and think Terrell Owens. I think the Nate Burleson comparison is more apt.

Ruvell Martin dropped a ball and I was disappointed in his effort on the pass in the 2 minute drill, but boy does he have nice size. He looks intriguing physical.

Cory Rodgers looked a lot better than the reports coming out of camp.

Driver is an old pro. Francies sucks. Gardner didn't do anything. Fergie was out. Boergiter caught one ball. Other than that, he didn't do anything.

TEs
Martin dropped a ball, but he and Lee looked solid.

DEF
Hawk wasn't involved much.

Hodge looked awesome in the run game--although his coverage skills weren't nearly as good. He gave up two completions (one to Martin, one to Herron).

The backup corners weren't good. Other than chasing Cory Rodgers down from behind (showing serious speed), Carroll didn't look much different than last year.

The young safeties looked good to me (Culver and Underwood). Hopefully, Nick The Quick is okay.

PKs
Not too good. They each went 3 for 5--although one attempt was from 49 and another was from 52. They both missed 39 yard attempts, but both made and missed one from long range.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 10:56 PM

I didn't look for him...or miss him.

Personal reasons Ehh. . . :idea: could mean really bad news for Robert Ferguson. :idea:

I have a weird hunch, he is on his way out as he's been invisable. Maybe he is trying to find a team interested in using him???

Just a bad feeling I have for his future as a Packer. T2 gives people a break. He just doesn't shit can their ass, if they have been with us for any duration.

I expect something on Ferguson soon. He's as good as gone.

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
What was Hawk involed in??? Running to the pile once the ball carrier was down! To be real fair, Hawk wasn't in position to make plays. I didn't see him misss any T's but I noticed that his blitzing skills need to improve. As I noticed at OSU, he is far better at delayed blitzing where his speed can be used. Our only good LB in coverage at the moment is 56. Both R's struggle in this area.

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2006, 11:14 PM
That was a typo. I corrected it while you were posting your reply. Hawk wasn't involved much at all. You are right though, Hodge was had more opportunities to make plays. He really lays the wood on the run, but he also gave up completions in the pass game. Hodge looks like he can contribute as a two down LB right away. Hopefully, Taylor is better in coverage. I didn't see Hawk give up anything in coverage, so I can't say that was an issue tonight.

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Your right but he has struggled in practice with coverage. Hodge is a two down LB and Barnett is and most likely will be the best in coverage.