PDA

View Full Version : Tramon Williams

Bossman641
10-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I haven't really seen him discussed much here, but I really think Tramon Williams deserves some props. He has been lights out so far this year. It has been quite a turnaround considering myself, and many others here, were concerned about his play in the preseason.

Some amazing stats...

Through five games, the Packers’ starting right cornerback has played near perfect football. According to STATS, an independent sports data and statistical service, Williams has been targeted 19 times by opposing quarterbacks and has allowed just seven catches for 66 yards. Packers cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt said Williams’ numbers are even better. According to his film review, Williams has allowed just four receptions for 30 yards.

According to the league stats, Williams has not committed a penalty this season, but he should have been charged with an illegal contact foul in the first quarter of Sunday’s loss at Washington when it was mistakenly given to cornerback Brandon Underwood (who wasn’t on the field).

One thing can’t be disputed: Williams hasn’t given up a touchdown.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101015/PKR01/101015118/Williams-near-perfect-play-could-net-long-term-contract

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 06:42 PM
He's been great. If the Packers can stay in contention until Al Harris is ready to contribute, the secondary should be very good. Better than last year. This still has a chance to be a very interesting season.

jramsey495
10-15-2010, 07:18 PM
yeah, with williams playing so well, i wonder if there's any thought to woodson moving to safety and putting harris and williams at corner...

Joemailman
10-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Once Harris is back, I think you'll see Woodson lining up all over the place again. Corner, slot, safety, OLB.

RashanGary
10-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Tramon has been fantastic this year. He's the next notch down from probowl. He's the Mark Tauscher or William Henderson of cornerbacks. Really freaking good, but not probowl level. . . . If he was in NY or Dallas, he'd be a probowl type guy, just the way he's playing now.

When Shields was healthy, I like what he was showing too. He has a long way to go, of course, but he played to his help, played aggressively within his responsibilities. . . . He seems to have a knack and he's a hell of an athlete. Next year, with Tramon and Shields, we might be looking pretty good going forward.

This year, with Wood, Tramon, Harris (hopefully playing solid) and Shields. . . . We could be in pretty good shape.

We have to get healthy across the board. Bigby, Harris, Matthews, Neal, Pickett, Chillar. . . . . Some guys won't make it back, but the guys who can, if we get a little healthier, we'll be in good shape.

RashanGary
10-15-2010, 09:19 PM
This is the type of year, if we can eek out some W's here during the adversity time. . . . it could end up being kind of special if we had a big time finish once we get healthy.

I'm fine losing Barnett and Burnett for the year. Grant hurts. Finley hurts, but we can overcome it if we get really healthy going forward.

Every year has injuries and adversity. Just the season enders. . . . We can overcome that. If we get much more though, I'm not liking our chances.

denverYooper
10-15-2010, 09:29 PM
This is the type of year, if we can eek out some W's here during the adversity time. . . . it could end up being kind of special if we had a big time finish once we get healthy.

Thank you!

Maybe we just had our sweep the leg moment

http://www.acceleratedonline.net/files/2010/08/sweep-the-leg-large-300x230.jpg

and it's time to get back to some wax on wax off fundamental karate.

Good to see you posting.

falco
10-15-2010, 09:34 PM
8-)

Guiness
10-15-2010, 10:25 PM

Thank you!

Maybe we just had our sweep the leg moment

Sweep the leg, jump the shark. So close to one another.

Haven't heard Tramon's name at all. That's a good think from a CB.