PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Billingsley R.I.P.

Joemailman
10-16-2010, 11:44 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2010/10/barbara-billingsley-dead-leave-it-to-beaver.html

The actress who brought us June Cleaver, as well as the jive-talking elderly woman on Airplane! passed away at age 94. :(

MJZiggy
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
She was classic. Annoyed my mother no end--"who vacuums in heels and pearls??" Mom had a job and vacuumed in Saturday gear.

mraynrand
10-17-2010, 10:00 PM
"Ward, how did you make out with the boys?"

MJZiggy
10-17-2010, 10:02 PM
"Ward, how did you make out with the boys?"

lol

pbmax
10-18-2010, 11:51 AM
She was in on the joke long before everyone else (Airplane):

Randy: Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Billingsley: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy: Oh, good.
Billingsley: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Billingsley: [to the Second Jive Dude] Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Billingsley: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Billingsley: Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

Also, Kareem's finest performance in film.

Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
[Kareem's getting mad]
Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.