PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Offseason Priority

3irty1
10-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Its too early at least for me to be making mock drafts but just out of curiosity where do you think the Packers need the most help before next season. Assume that Grant and all his injured buddies will be back ready to play but one year older.

I voted OLB. Seeing what happens when Clay goes down just isn't pretty. Every time I watch the Steelers or even the Dolphins this week I'm reminded about what can be done when the edge rush can come from either side. IMO addressing this position takes our defense to the next level. The level where sacks, ints, and fumbles begin to add up and the defense can really get scary.

Gunakor
10-18-2010, 01:51 AM
HEAD COACH.

It's not a poll option, so I voted other.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Upgrade: OLB, CB, OL, RB

I'm fine with most of the team, when healthy. We do need an OLB. Jones has been a disappointment to me and I'm not sure how much potential Zombo has. We also need another OT to go along with Bulaga and an OG to replace Colledge (FA). You can never have enough CBs. I don't find RBs that important, but we do need Starks to surprise or another good one brought in. Jackson is a third down back. I'd be okay if the team returned its players at QB, WR, TE, OC, RG, DL, ILB, LOLB, and S. Might need a P, but I'm willing to see how Masthay does the rest of the year first. We really do have a solid lineup, when it's healthy.

pbmax
10-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Corner. Two old guys and one looks like he is quickly approaching a time where he could be asked to retire. There is Tramon and then crickets.

I can see O line. Even if Lang or Breno can play RT, there is still a need for an upgrade at Left Guard. Though its hard to focus on Colledge's shortcomings when the rest of the line is falling down around him. It must be the even year thing.

OLB. When healthy, the pass rush was looking better. But there is still a hole opposite Matthews.

Bretsky
10-18-2010, 07:45 AM
There are a lot of places to improve and might I suggest the draft will not be able to take care of all of them :idea:

Brad Jones has been disappointing. His played faded late last year and IMO this one was ez to see happening. We just had to hope the superior talent around him would allow him to be good. But much of that is injured

So we need a OLB and/or another player who can get to the passer
Another CB for sure
Depending on Burnett possilby another safety
If we let Jenkins walk due to fiscal demmands we'll need another DL for sure....maybe two if he leaves
RB help

and PUNTER

Patler
10-18-2010, 08:10 AM
I can see O line. Even if Lang or Breno can play RT, there is still a need for an upgrade at Left Guard.

Breno? Giacomini? He was signed from the Packer's practice squad by Seattle. He and Barbre are Seattle's "future"! :D

MichiganPackerFan
10-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Health.

After that, corner. Tramon looks like a player, but woodson is declining and who knows what harris has left

denverYooper
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Other -- ST Coach.